People on this forum talking about fiction, untrue stories should stop

saurabhv thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Over the last few months, I have learned more and more about Maharana Pratap, his father Udai Singh II, and Pratap's son Amar Singh I, as well as other characters.

I did that because of this serial. It not only provided entertainment, but it also told me Pratap's story in a modern way. It dramatized the right events to stir interest and quickly captured my interest. That was enough for me to research on Pratap's life as well as on the lives of his ancestors and descendants.

The point of this post is, the serial itself might not be the most accurate representation of his life, but by making it interesting to watch, people who are genuinely interested WILL go and research on his life. The show successfully captured my interest (and it probably captured yours too, that's why you're on this forum), which made me want to learn more about him. 

So stop complaining about the accuracy of some events in the show. In the age of the internet and the massive database of information it provides, if a viewer likes Pratap (and other characters) and wants to learn more, he/she can research and learn about his entire life on the internet. Watching the show is NOT the only source of knowledge. Additionally, everyone should know that a television show will almost definitely dramatize events to make it interesting and entertaining.
Edited by saurabhv - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

roni_berna thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Sorry wrong thread ðŸ˜›Edited by erikalui - 8 years ago
Revolutionbreez thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I differ...as far as  historical shows are concerned, sticking to the facts become necessary.. Because it's legendary persona we are dealing about..not everyone will go back n read...
As far as dramatising is concerned, many fictional shows are available... Why play with legends? Their real life itself was filled with hell lot of drama...they don't need any more CV made drama to make their story seem interesting to people...Period !!!
saurabhv thumbnail

Originally posted by: Revolutionbreez

I differ...as far as  historical shows are concerned, sticking to the facts become necessary.. Because it's legendary persona we are dealing about..not everyone will go back n read...

As far as dramatising is concerned, many fictional shows are available... Why play with legends? Their real life itself was filled with hell lot of drama...they don't need any more CV made drama to make their story seem interesting to people...Period !!!

not everyone will go back n read...

They don't have to, nor are they expected to. It's a TV show, not a documentary. It's there for entertainment. Let's be real. Pratap's story itself probably has 100 different variations by now.

Why play with legends?

You make it look like this show is the first ever to dramatize the events. Every show has done it before and will do it in the future, nothing new there. It's all about the TRP. And if dramatizing certain events delivers on the TRP goal, then they will (just like everyone else in the history of television) do it. Perhaps your argument might have been valid before the internet existed (actually not, because even then one could go to the library and find countless books with just facts), but considering the fact that the only people that can really be negatively affected by this is the young generation, and that they all have the internet on their fingertips, dramatizing an event does no harm. Those who don't care will enjoy the story. Those who do care will end up online reading about his life. We all have sufficient resources to conduct a proper research on a historical figure like Maharana Pratap. We don't have to rely on a TV serial to learn about him (or anyone, for that matter).
Edited by saurabhv - 8 years ago