Abhay Deol shows support for Syrian refugees on facebook

-afghaniibabe thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago

Do our Bollywood celebrities ever set focus on world issues and support the victims? 

Last year when more than eight-hundred of Palestinians were killed during Israel's attack during Ramadan, I remember only Sonakshi showing support on insta where I follow several celebrities. I am not saying they have a responsibility to do so but its a common fact that celebrities are admired and adored and this way with their tweets, insta pictures, and facebook statues they do create awareness of the issues and gain support for it. 

Today I read this status of Abhay Deol on facebook: 

Looking through his facebook and twitter I see what a genuine guy he is. He sets focus on any kind of issues being it big or little, from war issues to natural crisis to rape crimes to fair complexion obsession etc etc. He did also show support to Gaza last year. I have always loved this guy for his characters, on-screen talent, and off-screen humble persona. Its sad he isnt considered something big, he deserves so much more attention. May he gain more power, a lot of respect from my side to him! 

Making this topic I see Shahrukh and Arjun did support Gaza, too. Respect from here. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

That kid's pic breaks my heart.So disgusted. 
-afghaniibabe thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: RogerFedrer

That kid's pic breaks my heart.So disgusted. 

Left me in shock. His picture will be iconic for the future to remember these cruel days and for the so called humans of now to see the unhumanity. I am sorry that he had to sacrifice for this.

jibber-jabber thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I feel so sad looking at the picture of the little boy. Maybe everyone will notice the plight of Syria now but the little boy's picture broke my heart. ðŸ˜­
riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
I saw this child's pic on a news story last night as they were airing what his father had to say. Such heartbreaking story and reality. I hope and pray for the sake of children there and innocent lives that war ends soon and peace prevails.
Respect for Abhay deol for raising this issue and I agree with his thoughts on humanitarian mask of the west...its time they realise what grave mistakes they have done to ruin world peace.

Zeeliciousxo thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Completely heartbreaking. This boy represents millions of displaced refugees struggling to find a life worth living.

Good on Sonakshi, Arjun, Shah Rukh, and Abhay Deol for speaking up about these sensitive matters in general. I look up to celebrity figures who aren't afraid to speak on these matters without worrying about what is politically correct!
Edited by Zeeliciousxo - 8 years ago
Johnny.Balraj thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Why don't they go to Saudi, Oman, Qatar or UA.E, why west? What the heck are they looking for in Europe
Zeeliciousxo thumbnail

Originally posted by: Johnny.Balraj

Why don't they go to Saudi, Oman, Qatar or UA.E, why west? What the heck are they looking for in Europe

Why should they go to certain countries and not others? And what's it to you? In any case, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar and the UAE are not accepting them - which is very frustrating and disappointing. Countries like Germany have opened their doors for these people and so this is where they are trying to go - to a place where they will hopefully finally be able to live without fear for their lives.
Johnny.Balraj thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Zeeliciousxo

Why should they go to certain countries and not others? And what's it to you? In any case, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar and the UAE are not accepting them - which is very frustrating and disappointing. Countries like Germany have opened their doors for these people and so this is where they are trying to go - to a place where they will hopefully finally be able to live without fear for their lives.

Most white people I know in my area are strickly against accepting refugees. They're saying that their culture is being invaded. They fear Muslim because of Taliban and ISIS,they might bring that radical Islam in their country as well. 

Well good by Germany and Austria
Zeeliciousxo thumbnail

Originally posted by: Johnny.Balraj

Most white people I know in my area are strickly against accepting refugees. They're saying that their culture is being invaded. They fear Muslim because of Taliban and ISIS,they might bring that radical Islam in their country as well. 

Well good by Germany and Austria

That's the ignorance of the "white" people in your area then. And frankly, it's ironic that they're one to talk - it's their govts involvement and invasions that started this mess. The USA used to support ISIS. They bloody created the Taliban. And FYI, do not confuse Muslims with the Taliban and ISIS. Two completely different groups of people. It's ridiculous how ignorant people are. The people in your area really have a problem. They are more worried about their delusional fears than helping out displaced children and women? Where is humanity these days? At least 12,000 people from Iceland petitioned against their govt in order to let in more Syrian refugees. They all offered to house these displaced people. 

Some stats:

- You are 17,600 times more likely to die from heart disease than from a terrorist attack

- You are 12,571 times more likely to die from cancer than from a terrorist attack

" You are 11,000 times more likely to die in an airplane accident than from a terrorist plot involving an airplane

" You are 1048 times more likely to die from a car accident than from a terrorist attack

-You are 404 times more likely to die in a fall than from a terrorist attack

" You are 87 times more likely to drown than die in a terrorist attack

- You are 13 times more likely to die in a railway accident than from a terrorist attack

-You are 12 times more likely to die from accidental suffocation in bed than from a terrorist attack

-You are 9 times more likely to choke to death on your own vomit than die in a terrorist attack

-You are 8 times more likely to be killed by a police officer than by a terrorist

-You are 8 times more likely to die from accidental electrocution than from a terrorist attack

- You are 6 times more likely to die from hot weather than from a terrorist attack

Ref: http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/08/president-obama-the-odds-of-dying-in-a-terrorist-attack-are-a-lot-lower-than-they-are-of-dying-in-a-car-accident.html