Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago
Katleyn this is such a happy moment in the story. And your edit is very very beautiful.
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
episode 155

before i start, would like to thank everyone whose "like" i see on my late and long episode takes. feels great to see you all. and to know you're reading.

"kaisa taofa, buaji?" what sort of gift, bua ji, asked khushi and out came a red bundle that had khushi practically choking.

bua ji has decided in her fit of love and sudden memories of her wonder days that her favourite niece is going to don her wedding lehenga for payal's wedding, after all, she was about the same size as sanka debi when she was her age.

a hilarious sequence handled adroitly by all four actors, the little looks exchanged between payal and garima were just right, while khushi and bua ji took the lead in bringing the house down.

my favourite dialogue:
dekha, sanka debi kaise nissabd hui gayo hai...
see, how sanka debi has become speechless.

she has. and she never is otherwise, is she...

the one who can't stop talking was rendered silent by this red lehenga, an aunt's wedding dress. in almost a mirroring of this, a favourite ipk technique i keep thinking, she was speechless literally and in her heart when another red lehenga became her wedding dress, in reality. then too she was forced. only that time talk of nand kissore couldn't deflect the approaching peril.

an episode touched by wedding time fun and that extra dazzle in the air, also a sense of evil as snake plotted ways to use his over dependent wife's lack of faith in herself against her. creepy scene that falling suitcase one. how he assessed the situation, saw the opportunity and moved in. another mirror this. there is that asr like fleetness of thought in him, a sharp ability to quickly assess, but their essential characters are at hundred and eighty degrees from each others, so the same abilities find completely different uses and expressions.

life partners seemed to be the key to this episode. all the nuances and feelings around a wedding from love and joy to the heartache and sorrow of bidaai were here. i liked the way the story teller connected new year to meeting one's partner for life as well.

at shantivan, a scene unlike any in a hindi serial. three young men... very different men they, are in the drawing room. one immersed in love, the other in his packet of chips, the third sitting still at his laptop.

as the fun and games got underway and akash pined, while nk who had started the whole thing off with his talk of new year and the first face you see, etc., lounged on a sofa, munching noisily and being goofy chilled out cousin, a furious one glowered silently. everything about nk irritated him, not that he could ever be seriously jealous of this chap, but that familiarity he enjoyed with khushi certainly irked.

there was an easy urbane classic silly yet really funny intelligent air about the scene. yes, a bit reminiscent of joey, ross and chandler the three were, but they were indisputably nk, akash, asr... i have not seen this sort of thing pulled off in a serial hindi. they do try, but somewhere along the way i find myself just switching off. there's just no vibe, no understanding of what's going on, more often than not the acting is loud, trying to be funny.

here even when fairly cliched stuff happened, like nk stalking akash while he spoke to payal, there was a clean lightness, a genuine mirth and that all male robust energy, something was always sharp and right. if you weren't careful, your dil may take a liking to all three men.

interestingly, and i really wonder why, akash with payal was faultlessly boring but when he was with asr or nk, even in that hapless contour of his, something felt exciting. he felt real. could simply be that deadly thing called "kaamistry" heard of in episode 154.

then there was chemistry which doesn't even need the reagents to meet in a test tube.

the moment bua ji mentioned a gift had to be bought for payaliya's jeth ji, a happy face jerked into a frown.

"unhe kuch dene ki kya zaroorat hai?" what's the need to give him anything, exclaimed khushi meanly. something almost physical in the way she did the unhe... felt as though he was part of her.

"hum bataye? wo jo daftar mein aag bujha ne ke liye chhota cylinder aata hai na, wahi de dijiye..." she advised giving him a small fire extinguisher since he was always angry... others breathed, he just got gussa.

yes, asr was angry deep within, there was a fire burning him for far too long; and perhaps the "chhota cylinder" that would douse that fire that pain and burning, had already arrived, a gift for payliya's jeth ji. that same payaliya would be used to make sure his gift never ever left his side.

when talk went to how payal would soon belong to another family, my hackles rose. we really need to stop passing down this notion of a girl being a commodity, to be passed on to another family the moment she marries... almost all cultures have had these ideas and treated a woman as a thing. not right. definitely wrong. we are our own person, we grow up around our family, when we marry we accept into our lives our partner's fam just as he does... no beti becomes paraya.

i want to hug the writers of khushi for making her say that.

whether we accept it or not, what we see and hear and like, influences us... time to show women with a bit of respect for us as individuals and also to unburden the man of his always got to be right with beatific smile, providing material stuff as if that is all he's here to do image. that sentence may be hard to understand, but you know what i mean.

ipk experimented a lot with set stereotypes... i liked that. there was healthy irreverence there and genuine spark. an empathy, a sense of character and story.

sometimes a simple line said so much about someone. 
here khushi said something that gave us a clear view into her character. "aur jiss baat se man dukhi hota hai, usske baare mein socho hi mat..." and what makes you unhappy, don't even think about it, was her simple advise to payal who was feeling the onset of sadness at the thought of bidaai.

if asr's tragedy blighted his heart, his innermost, tenderest part... if he put up a fort to make sure nothing ever got him like that again; and in the bargain became the gussa spewing, seemingly hardhearted, incapable of joy arrogant young man; khushi did equally her own thing with her share of rain.

she decided to look away from it... and look at what made her happy instead. she created her own reasons to be happy, almost a make believe world at one level, her sapno ki duniya. her stars, her relationship with dm, her eating, her talking, she did all it took to never look at misery. splendid magnificent effort. because maybe she knew you can't change a thing about what hurt her, made her feel terrible. she came out sunny, mirth filled, ready to slay dragons, yet inside her there remained a part that hid from harsh reality. never faced it.

perhaps that's why she had to meet the man who had never ever run away from looking at reality even when it made him sad, made him ache, made him angry.

man at laptop. i must as always pause to gawk.

pacing desperate akash... must meet payal. nk eats chips. asr finds this dithering by akash and nonchalance of nk, the whole thing... irritating. once in away an impatient look at the cousins.

and then just like khushi had done, the seething at the mention of khushi by nk.

i fell for "so what, akash..." when the sweet man was all tongue tied and couldn't speak to bua ji.

nk's "mard ban!" be a a man, was funny.

but what became the episode's aaargh point was that walk by an irate man in brown waist coat and slim fitting trousers from the sofa to the stuttering cousin past the piece of furniture in the way. he is the shortest and slimmest among the three, he is also in sombre colours... but of course he commands all one's attention.

the word swag just enters the scene and stays put. the brain stops functioning.

"hello, bua ji" says the man as akash gapes.

a topsy turvy comic conversation gets going. they will not meet this episode. but they will rant/seethe at the mention of the other. they will also take turns to snatch the phone away from others to hurl anger and insults at each other. who's going to tell them that's how people who give a faraq behave, not otherwise.

payal's anxiety at not being allowed to talk to akash ji thanks top flakepot sis in deep conversation about dance moves with nk was funny. especially because nk was trying to flirt and get khushi ji time while khushi ji was totally oblivious of this. he said "round round" and one had to think of lavanya... this pulling me back to interesting places and people in the tale i like.

finally payaliya's jeth ji had to snatch the phone from nk and caustically say, "na ki tum nanhe ke saath intelligent baatein kar sako," you called so payal and akash could speak, not so that you can say intelligent things to nk.

intelligent.

took me straight to the future this one. tum kitni intelligent ho.

the dialogue was gorgeous, brought out everything, including that grazing irritated fed up angry faraq. he adores her sanka, her silly prattle, her crazy gene. intelligent man, knows what will save him.

okay before i go, why was that voice at the end dubbed later? and it definitely wasn't shyam. maybe someone felt we wouldn't understand shyam is plotting away, so... say it to the masses. we are not so intelligent after all.

this one had to be done.

Edited by indi52 - 8 years ago
kizh72 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Isstubble and hum ijj the gonesπŸ˜†
A pleasure as always Indi di to read your takes. Hope you'll do those combined 143-145 episodes too. I may have the numbers wrong, but I'm sure you know the ones I'm talking aboutπŸ˜†
And he said nanhe and not NK, the way she says it..
indi52 thumbnail
^^^

hi kizh,
thanks. πŸ˜ƒ. yeah that nanhe... so cute. that intelligent baatein had me guffawing uncontrollably. the man sounds so real. and tell ya, he feels seventies.

143 to 145... haven't i done them all?
indi52 thumbnail
episode 156

"ro rahi thi, bhai... mujhe unse milna hi padega..." she was crying, brother... i must meet her, said akash with a lost troubled look.

a comic slant with a generous dash of slapstick in it got going through most of the episode. happy slapstick though, delivered with enjoyment by all actors. especially the three bhais and the one sanka devi.

it's all about the meeting at 12 midnight. in hindi "bara baj gaye" or twelve o'clock has struck means things have come undone, gone haywire. well there would be some haywire going at midnight soon.

but before that, it's bara baj gaye for me as a man looks indescribably good in a frame all black and brown and colourless. a simple shot, man in dark brown sits on brown and black chair and looks at black laptop. he is doing nothing, just staring at a screen, his fingers on the keyboard. how can such a shot have the mind riveted... something vivid, and magnetic about asr, about barun sobti. the very air around him seems charged and full of bated excitement.

it's the poolside and the bromance is easy. as i watch i note that asr did indeed try everything he could not to go anywhere near kkg. but alas that was not to be. for nand kissore again had initiated a game. he had jet lag after four days and couldn't accompany lover boy akash on his midnight tryst.

asr was not taken in by the young lad from down under, yet he said nothing much. maybe without his knowledge, his heart too was wanting to see a certain face that night, the cusp between the old and the new.

no doubt at all that all kkg could think of this evening was that laad governor. hey devi maiyya, she must make sure she doesn't come before him, she would stay at home, go nowhere, that way of course she wouldn't meet him.

writers played along all the characters and undercurrents and subconscious desires to a point where it became clear that the man who had loudly interjected "no!!" at the mention of going to lakshminagar, will be going exactly there.

at any other point in story this whole thing might have seemed forced, but these are the topsy turvy days around a wedding. things acquire  a different mood then and a lot of things that would be unthinkable otherwise seem quite normal.

i can't imagine asr sitting and wasting time on how and when his cousin will meet his fiance. in fact, he is a bit brusque about it all as he should be.

and akash is suddenly so shy that he needs bhai for moral support? he had managed to fall for and woo payal ji all by himself, pushing those specs up on his nose, sounding a bit goofy but sincerely and truly in love. ah well.

"boring and unromantic," nk said asr's plan for akash and payal's meeting was

asr was unfazed. it's practical, won't fail. that "practical" tugged at something in me. born with a yearning for something afar, those eyes always glittering and looking out to what who knows, asr seemed to almost turn away from that side consciously and woo his practical gene. he believed he was a practical man. all this love romance pyaar, etc., were not meant for someone like him, that was the kind of thing di was into. he had no idea, did he, how terrifically romantic he really was.

and he was a clever man with a crisp incisive sense of the moment. when there was talk of khushi's superior ability at making plans, he decided to have some fun.

"toh tum khushi say idea lene wale ho..." so you're going to take ideas from khushi, he said to akash. akash said, yes. "all the best," said man in brown and walked off.

the fairylights suddenly caught my attention, this viewing. snake was going to use fairylight wires to kill anjali. that too at the poolside.

but fairylights belong to a girl in green wrapped in them and a man unable to disentangle himself from the swirls of feelings all about him, in him... right here at this poolside.

so in asr's hands the glimmering lights become emissaries of dhakdhak and in shyam's hands they become the messenger of death.

interesting writing.

also, i think by 156, the forum had become most active with a whole host of smart, vocal woman from all over the world having fun here. their voice used to be heard by the makers. i remember when i joined people talking about how things being discussed here were finding there way to the story.

when anjali switched words and said shyam came up the window and came in through the pipe.. pipe se andar aaye... instead of saying it the other way around, i had a feeling gautam hegde or hitesh kewaliya were sort of laughing along with the forum's favourite name for shyam... snake.

couple of other dialogues that were funny:

anjali's saying of akash, "yeh hamare ghar ke sabse sharif aur sabse suljhe hue bachhe hain..." he is our home's most decent and simple boy, i had to giggle. yeah the other one is definitely not sharif... loves being badtameez, khadoos and many other awful things.

in nk's room amid the confusion and chaos of jet lag and nk's malapropism, soon after he'd said "main parvat badlata raha..." instead of karvat... so it came out, i kept changing mountains... akash looked at asr perplexed and muttered

"kaunse parvat?" which mountains?

"i don't know," said asr. perfect pitching and really funny.

i noticed the background score was a refrain from satte pe satta, upbeat, rambunctious fun suggested in it.

in the meantime khushi made jalebi and obsessed about asr. uss asr.

the stage is set. snake has promised a "jhatka" at midnight meaning the electric shock he's engineered. thankfully the jhatka will shift and pass current elsewhere; while his plan, not practical and unnecessarily elaborate, will fail.

indi52 thumbnail
episode 157

i think it was around 10:45 that i started feeling the restlessness. almost half the episode was done and yet no sign of sanka devi or laad governor, what was up? i must have seen the episode a couple of times before but for some reason i had not taken note of the fact that there was actually no sign or sight of khushi and asr in this one.

has that ever happened before? a whole chapter without both hero and heroine? okay while this does not go down well with me, i guess the guys needed a break. daily soaps can be the most draining thing for the leads.

in this trying hard to be considerate viewer mode i will say, the episode wasn't as flat as you'd expect minus essential elements. it didn't peak or had you completely wrapped around its little finger, but it didn't tank either with you in head desk frenzy.

akash and payal and bua ji created enough stir and craziness to have me laughing. akshay can be pretty funny and he is really good with the lost hapless akash bit. deepali was funny, it almost looked as though she wished khushi would appear and relieve her of the duty of bringing humour to the story, but she was not bad. bua ji of course had so much fun over acting like mad. lavanya would have surely told her not to overdo it. the triangle though did work and time passed merrily.

nothing made an indelible mark but it was all rather sweet.

snake on the other hand was creepy as usual and that whole romancing the wife before killing her business was bilious. mama ji interrupted. snake looked worried. anjali smiled and preened and looked thrilled at her husband's lovey dovey behaviour.

first time i watched i had thought snake might succeed in causing injury. i was so relieved when that didn't happen. i needn't have rejoiced, we know what he did succeed in doing later.

surprisingly, the man who during the first half of the story failed at succeeding with every plan he cooked up, suddenly was invincible in the second half. he could fool asr, he could kidnap, kill, dupe, even be wooed back by khushi... what, as they say... ever.

akash and payal romanced under the table. he actually tricked her into holding and stroking the hand that was not injured... how brave and romantic, teehee. but he was rather cute when he asked if he could sit on the chair after all the table under fun.

affected by khushi ji's sanka the writers have worked out a far fetched, completely lunatic yarn to get arnav ji here... for that midnight moment.

aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: indi52

episode 154

at this, the anger had to melt, the man had to let his lips slant in an amused smile. these two madcaps reached parts of him most things couldn't.

i felt something for the terse nasty mirthless 26 year old. he is not that much older than the carefree nk, yet he has not an iota of that hang lose happy go lucky streak, because he can't. he must be in control of things, he must make sure nothing goes wrong again.

a lovely glimpse into his character, his weakness for insane innocent lunacy. khushi and nk both have huge amounts of that, and somehow this always cuts through and touches the man. it's a trait he really does not possess and yet he seems to be defenceless before it. this pure sanka, this innocence in khushi he finds irresistible possibly and maybe that's why it's even more painful when he imagines that she is not really that innocent.

but before that a little comic break as nk speaks of khushi's wonderful murda when he wants to say mudra. funny dialogue, because when khushi started showing her beautiful mudra, and oh boy sanaya was just lovely there, someone did almost fall flat dead next to her.

the hot tea scalded him and possibly brought him back to life. asr was always terribly attracted to khushi's beauty, her lissome femininity drove him crazy you could see. something so natural and not phoney about it. that first rabba ve had been all about a lovely woman in diaphanous red, alluring, enticing, gobsmackingly gorgeous.

Indi di I love seeing these clear gorgeous edits. The man looks breath stoppingly dizzyingly good here. And this caps are clearer here than on Facebook which lowers the resolution.

Also noticed you mentioned how he is defenseless against the sanka, but also captivated by her beauty. I find that a perfect blend in the writing. Had he only treated her like one to protect and be amused over then it wouldn't have a grown up air as this love story held. A lot of stories have the serious hero falling for the girl, but to love her like a man with all the intimacy in the "hmm" and "shut up" where else, but in our ipk?

And he is young himself. Barun enacted so so extremely well, with his body language, expressions. You can see that ASR is young, in control of all other aspects of his life, but Khushi disarms him har baar.

Oh and after watching this episode I should have known teri meri toh hona hi tha.. but silly me I was gobsmacked when they actually danced in front of everyone. Had you anticipated that?

Thanks for sharing these here.
indi52 thumbnail
hi rhea,

thanks for reading. haw, fb reduces res? how bad how bad.

glad you feel that layered and real attraction. yeah, he was young and incredibly sexy, that gussa almost abrasively awakening the sexiness further, because barun acted the way he did nothing was ever flat or crass (i see enough so called angry young tycoon type tv heroes, they just yell and shout, never quite understanding the possibilities of a shut up or a frown or an angry stride)... she found him physically beautiful too only that we never saw too many of such shots. he found her maddeningly funny, and totally maddening i think also physically stirring, all her good sunny wholesomeness of course had to be adored. and she... i think she wanted to really hold and love her monster when he hurt, but the most deadly thing was her confusion... everything about him confused her. she should have been able to hate him but she couldn't, she should have stayed away from him but not possible, she should have never cared but how not to. that sense of forbidden fruit was there, a good middle class girl blown away by feelings not supposed to be had, seeking her taarey and phool in love but instead walking backward, clutching her saree, waiting to be kissed... such beautiful romance, i tell ya.

indi52 thumbnail
episode 8

a little ramanchi, i wrote this one way back, just wanted to relook at it, add pictures, a couple of thoughts. so once more, number 8.

bakri ka kamra. goat's room.

episode talks the talk with wonderful dialogues yet again; and you know who walks the walk, gorgeous in smoothly shrugged on grey. white shirt, blue half sleeve shirt, eyes playing fifty emotions, worth all the obsessive compulsive innumerable watches.

"wahi toh problem hai, jiji, sochten hain to samajh nahi aata aur samajhtey hai to socha nahin jaata."  that's the problem, jiji, if i think i can't understand and if i understand, thinking isn't possible.

simple dialogues, delivered with conviction and no overacting, painted a character. the essential free spirited flowing good hearted impulsiveness of kkg, can't do too much of thinking and understanding and stuff, what she gets she gets and then she goes for it.

the writing is neat, take it as lightly as you like or mixed with deep thought, your wish. on this second trip through ipk, hitesh kewaliya's talent is constantly awakening senses, while some actors are making sure i completely lose it. more complex than lucknow ki bhoolbhulaiya my dear serial ji, but i'm not complaining.

di: "arnav, jo hamare kismat mein tha, wo hi hua, aur jo aagey hai wo hi hoga... tum apne andar itni nafrat mat rakho ki jeena mushkil ho jaaye. man halka karne se shayad jeena asan ho jaayga, arnav."
arnav, what was in our destiny, that happened, and whatever is there before us... that will happen. don't keep so much hatred in you that it becomes difficult to live. if you lighten your heart, might be easier to live.

he: "mujhe uss tarah se jeena nahin aata di. main doosron ki tarah baithkar apni kismat ka intezaar nahin kar sakta. maine aapse pahle bhi kaha hai... main apni kismat khud banata hoon."
i don't know how to live like that. i can't like others sit and wait for my destiny. i have told you before as well...  i make my own destiny.

how dissimilar two siblings can be. one chases fears and reality away with a thousand rituals and "buzurg kahtey hain...", our elders say... plus of course, completely refuses to take any responsibility for her own life with her faith in "kismat" and its doings. while the other looks every fear and harshness in the eye and says, "i do, i don't get done to by kismat." i am grateful that this remains the same to the end, and asr is not turned into a reality fearing, other people's rituals abiding non-actor in the play of his own life.

now we know lakshmi ji is a goat, the bathroom is the trick door to the world outside, manorama mami yearns for mil's lau, goats love laddoo, pure leather squeaks on pure marble, and some men look devastating in a certain shade of blue with mud on their hands.

mind racing at possibilities should one happen to come upon such a man in the poolside garden, and his voice cuts in, husky, brooding:

"di, aap dhirey dhirey nirupa roy bante jaa rahe ho."
di, you are slowly becoming nirupa roy.

sexy man with a troubled past, a walled in heart, an indomitable will. and a sense of humour. they mean to get me and i am not complaining.

among other news:

~ "ghee ho ya tel, bas lau jalni chahiye, woh bhi eehan... man ma... rahim ji, ee lijiye." ghee or oil, the lamp should be lit that's all, that too here... in the mind... rahim ji, take this...

with that, nani ji, the stern one, said one of the truest things ever and did away with narrow minded attitudes that divide people. she asked a man of a different faith, rahim ji, to actually take stuff meant for the prayer room. unthinkable to a generation not too far back.

and in today's tv i don't know of a single hindi serial with all its gaudy dressing and showy religiosity, which can handle this elegant presentation of practicing one's faith with one's own convictions. nani ji is traditional, she values customs and mores but is not constricted by them, she interprets things and acts in a manner she believes is right. so rahim ji can jolly well take care of pooja things. in fact, he is highly trusted and has tried to get the non "serbhaynt" mami ji to make those ghee diyas, but has only invited her wrath.

~ lovely play of movement onscreen. as kkg enters in the background, asr walks across foreground, they will miss each other. later a mirror of this with her in foreground.

~ so khushi went to shantivan by mistake. she was to go somewhere else. shantivan or nandavan? the first time too she had gone where she wasn't supposed to. later she again said the ditty which took her straight in his direction... clearly that find your way rhyme works perfectly... two out of two times it took her to the right destination.

~ the girl with the potli, the bag. a bag of tricks and treats? it was as shiny as her and left him completely nonplussed, the way she did. really, what was it doing sitting on his chaise longue?

~ the man walked into his room from the corridor through a door that later became the door to the bathroom. maybe he is really not just an insaan, a human, as the girl says? the girl who thinks of him more than he thinks of her, as her jiji says? maybe he makes doors move, bathrooms appear, pools fly? maybe he is the evil sorcerer? and the room indeed belongs to the goat?

~ the scene with his beloved di in the garden was beautiful. a relationship between two terribly close siblings. her little pouty drama mixed with real love for a younger brother who she knows is tender of heart and hurting badly. his banter about sis turning jija ji crazy in two years that he doesn't answer her calls, the deadpanning on nirupa roy, segueing without the slightest jerk to the discomfort any talk of his peace of mind or his emotional state brings on, then the quiet anger and determination in his stance as he speaks of his reason for acquiring sheesh mahal. he had promised her he'd buy her the house from which they were thrown out, so he has done it. so much story told with smartly picked moments and words. this is only episode eight and we can sense the characters, feel them, know them already.

~ of course that holding up of mud spattered hands and the slightly snarly "i don't like it!" to the sugarless kheer had me dazed.

~ he has diabetes. poor chap. i wonder why. was delighted to see this must have been the day they shot the picture that went into the frame we saw in the kanya pooja episode. he was looking so so dapper in grey. he owns that colour... and blue... and brown... and white.. and... aap toh suttepei kar leo!

was that the first time mano said the unforgettable words to mahendar? sigh. such finesse.

~ the bua ji, payal, khushi scene was spicy, over the top, and utterly natural to the aunt and niece, both inheritors of the dramatic gene. i liked the intercutting between the scene in the garden and this one. both were so much about simple complete love.

~ this scene had me thinking, happiness, wealth, and mercy in the same place, fabulous. khushi means happiness, lakshmi is the goddess of wealth, rahim means merciful and is one of the names of god.

~ just like that, for no reason, a casually gorgeous profile.

Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: indi52

episode 152

"khushi, stop it." what's that in his eyes again, though he is mad at her? and she so upset? almost on the verge of a tantrum... not really like her, i thought. a public display of ire, right in front of nk.
It was strange.

they are suddenly free. no commitment to another person, not engaged. free. free to perhaps admit to a heart ache, a faraq? free to say, ye mujhe kya ho raha hai? what's happening to me? or, humne ek ishara manga tha, devi maiyya, aur aapne itne saare de diye? i'd asked for one sign, dm, and you gave me so many?

that sudden lifting of restrictions, is that very thing the problem? too abrupt and unexpected maybe, leaving both feeling utterly defenceless? some instinct recognising this can get tricky. their defence mechanism completely charged, rushing forward to protect those vulnerable hearts... who knows.
Both still were in denial mood, perhaps was trying hard to suppress their love for each other.

he is being constantly nasty to her, right from who's invited you to the party... and she? i thought she really overstepped the mark, taking over and ruining his plans, imposing her ideas... again, a little hard, almost unthinking, not very khushi. 
Khushi actually was thinking for her jiji. she wanted to make the party enjoyable for Payal, which was really not a nice attitude. But Mrs. lady Governor perhaps felt the right to take over her future husband's party.

episode opens on a dark tense note... yet close and intimate. he has just hurt her, been as cutting as possible. but she is not allowed to leave alone at night. that same asr of diwali at one level.

a strange blown look in his eyes as he gazes after her. and a very unlike khushi anger and hurt in her voice. a conversation between them without words, tense communication. almost lover like, though neither is aware of it.

khushi stalks off alone.

"nannav, what happened?" straight forward nk talk.

asr looked ready to explode... this time nk went rushing to take khushi home. had he not, i am sure a furious man would have yanked her into his suv and deposited her in front of bua ji's home with enough and more heartless words as his parting gift. man is a creature of habit and the girl knows many of them by now... 
Good thought. but the man is in kind of rendition, so gradually was changing his attitude.

as he has just told us, "main aisa hi hoon" he says terrible things and then when he realises he feels really bad.

at home, nani sits in her bedroom, her den as it were... it's a fairly quirky space come to think of it, that work table of hers with all sorts of things on it. today two pickle jars very prominent, i wonder why. lakshmi sits on her lap getting petted... i wonder if goats are managed easily, jayashree t must have had an interesting time getting to know lakshmi. there was a curiously genuine tenderness she expressed toward her pet, never felt false or forced or funny... it might have, but you sensed nani truly loved and respected her four legged lakshmi. four arms, four legs, what difference, lakshmi is lakshmi.
The decoration of nani's room was horrible like their most of the bed rooms. And to pet a goat is also a very weird idea. cause Goats poo a lot. it's very dirty to keep a goat inside the house.

nani and anjali speak of the party.. then khushi's broken engagement. a conversation is overheard by a passing young man.

"nani, khushi ji ka rishta toot gaya!" anjali sounds completely frazzled, almost close to tears. she hates discord in relationships and a breaking of alliance sets up all sorts of feelings in her, possibly because of her own experiences... i liked the way character was held onto and dialogue went beyond just taking story forward. 

he has just snapped at her about her broken engagement.

khushi has not let her sadness come in the way of other's happiness, says nani. la had done the same i think, another most interesting character, that no one could relegate to airhead gold digger.

"khushi bitiya apan umar ki ladkiyon se kayi zyada samajhdar hai..." khushi is much wiser than girls of her age, nani is most touched by her gesture.

though i am aware of what is being done here, it's to get asr feeling like a heel, wanting to apologise, maybe even touch his real feelings for her for an instant... nani's acting always convinced me... she made me feel all this was happening, real... not just screenplay and script.
yup that scene was written to let ASR know his mistakes, so that he can get weaker for Khushi.

"hum umeed karat hai khushi bitiya ka dukh ab kuch kam howat hai," i hope khushi's sadness is now abating. of course, he instantly recalls her tear streaked face and knows who caused that.

a guy staring at a closed door with a restless look, a deep frown deepening, a feeling rising... pace pace. no words, not much variation in action, and again barun sobti tells a whole love story in a few moments, with refined expressions and powerful body language

on the other side, the crying girl pauses for a moment on the verandah, she has processed her thoughts, that streak of doing for others has kicked in. she has decided "koi kuch bhi kahe, hum kissike baat ko dil pe nahin lenge..." she won't let anyone's words burden her heart. that valiant upbeat khushi thing was always good to see... the attitude of this girl made her truly lovely.
yes it is. Her positive attitude and chivalry glorify her character.

here the "kissike baat" man is pacing dammit though, not quite aware how much "dil pe" he takes everything. she was upset, she left with nk, it's been a while, nk isn't back. is she okay? is she still upset? where is she? you can feel him going slightly crazy with that worry.
Uff I just loved his disquietude for her.

"yeh hui na baat..." exclaims her friend named after the lord... and we are told the choreographer is to come the next morning.

but before that, a nice unchoreographed move with gritted teeth, and whispered angry, "where the hell have you been, nk!"

and then at nk's smitten look and talk of "apni tarikh", the incensed asr. kya hua!... nk exclaims. really, he needs that defence of his.

"answer the goddamn phone next time, right!"

nk is totally mystified by this behaviour.
My dear Indi di, you have to admit that ASR was really nasty with NK. 

with morning, came a brighter lighter mood. nani was sure manorama had run away because she is scared of the choreographer.

the girls arrived, nk assured them the choreographer had passed away when what he meant was, everything is organised.

and there was a meeting at the doorway... there are always these meetings at entrances, and they take us further and further into love. asr had a remorseful air about him, a little vulnerable he looked, khushi was taken aback, but then when he said, maybe, shayad... he shouldn't have said what he did, her hackles rose instantly.

shayad?

she glared at him and stalked off.

leaving him standing there... alone.

uh huh. not good. asr does not like that at all. does khushi know this? of course, she does. is she playing a game? no... she is very angry with him... and she has the right to show it. her huq. with the whole world khushi is accommodating, thinking of their happiness first. only with this man.
Well said. I already mentioned aboove about her right on her future husband who actually rules her heart completely.

is this a sign of something?

the very strict dance teacher arrives. madhushala... tala... bala ji. madhu. honey. named after one of the most beautiful cine stars ever, with her extra long false eyelashes and super short fuse, she is a quickly and pretty deftly sketched character. i liked the writer's insight about that shaky insecurity of people in this line of business where one minute you're king, next pauper. πŸ‘πŸΌ

"koi toh hai jo yahan gum hai..."

someone is missing, she said, though all were there, including the coyly smiling couple to be married.

clap of hands and "lo aa gaya!" like magic asr appeared, of course glued to his phone... then that cute nod, distant but not disrespectful, at her. he had requested di not to call the lady, but di wanted the best for her cousin's wedding.

what came after that was possibly a little prank by the writers. the entire sangeet sequence... teri meri... was hinted at. somebody was missing, then someone appeared like magic, now what does that remind me of...

"jis adaa se aap ne apna sir hilaya. wahi adaa zara naach ke maidan mein toh dikhaiya," the style with which you nodded, show us that in the dance arena, urged madhubala ji. oh, so she had noticed the nod, the "adaa".
no one can escape from his killer adaa.

classic kkg reaction at that, eyes rounded. asr, laad governor... dancing!!!

and the look exchanged between nani and anjali, really a feeling of family begins to grow and makes one want to giggle. even though he is the handsomest tycoon and angry at that.

aap ko pata hai main dance nahin karoonga... you know i won't dance, he says.

she will make him dance this time she replies.

long cool asr look.

she avers the main couple will come and "pyaar ka jahsan poora manayga" will celebrate love completely.

yeah at the sangeet, there was pyaar ka jashan poora manana... only the couple wasn't the one shyly holding hands here.

even as asr cracked up at the melodrama, the hints came fast and filmi, there will be song, there may be rain, may be fire... and one part of this can be the bride's sis, the other the groom's brother.

"hai na kahani ka the end?" isn't that the end of the story... or maybe the beginning...

both asr and khushi are shocked. he refuses to dance with her, a pugnacious won't dance with her he shoots off. she is irritated. he thrusts nk forward as the "replacement". i wonder if they were already considering a scenario where nk would be be the replacement bridegroom.
your assumption is right. you know this type of replacement happens in hindi soaps a lot. Thank God that we didn't have to bear the torture.

he hadn't bargained for one thing though.

put your hand on her waist... madhu called out to nk.

"sorted" he'd muttered as he'd turned and left thinking everything was under control, his of course...

but the ears heard, the head had to begin to turn.
his killer turn what makes me crazy.

he hadn't thought it through, had he? another man would touch her... intimately... if she were to dance with him.

interestingly both at the top of episode and at the bottom, he moved toward khushi even though he was raging and seething, almost as if he had no choice, he was compelled to move in her direction. her power over him had grown and he felt a possessiveness toward her which even he wasn't fully aware of yet.
Oh yes he had to come; the attraction, the magnetic pull what always dragged him towards her involuntarily

he turned and looked at her, again a million unsaid things in his eyes. he didn't see her discomfort at having a man come that close to her. 

a few beautiful telling moments in an episode getting into the story of a wedding. makers are concentrating on trp spike. a lot of cheesy fun coming our way.

in stark contrast to that, a real man and woman and their attraction. a man feeling the pull of this unclear but undeniable emotion. a girl not being able to hold onto her equanimity... pyaar has its own jashan, sometimes visible in a simple pacing or a pausing before the door.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

lovely reading your take.
it was a nice episode. Loved ASR-khushi's banter, their cute fight and of course the mirthful ambiance of the wedding.
I marked the lines blue what I liked most and my comments are in purple.