nice one..
take your time..
do PM me when you start
Yagyaseni thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 8 years ago
Part 2

Love.

The second name to sacrifice. And Arnav was ready to sacrifice his everything for a smile of his love, his best friend, his Khushi.

" But what if you fall for someone else in future, Khushi? I mean this marriage will be a compromise, right? You are getting what I am trying to say right?" asked Arnav, while his own words shattered every dream of his.

To say that Khushi was overwhelmed by the love Arnav had for her, would be an insult to her feelings at the moment. She always knew that Arnav had feelings for her. After all it was not a rocket science; the respect, the love, the concern, Arnav had for Khushi was visible for everyone out there and people who couldn't understand that were definitely not-the-smart people. But he would go this extent in thoughts for her, she had never imagined.

"Till my business stabilizes, it may be a compromise, Arnav. But I will genuinely try to make this marriage work in all the possible ways. Just in case, if you like someone or fall for someone else you are free to go to that person." said Khushi, though it hurt her somewhere deep in.

She knew she had feelings beyond friendship for Arnav but she never wanted to accept it. Maybe because she never wanted to spoil the divine friendship in between them. And Arnav being a popular guy since the school times, she felt that she was not upto his standards.

" I am going to Raizada Mansion as Mom and Dad are already there. Tell me your decision, as soon as possible as it may become late and my parents finalize the alliance with someone else." said Khushi, while giving out a sigh.

Khushi was seeing Arnav's love filled eyes which soon projected pain as she completed her sentence. Arnav's chocolate orbs were also looking at her feelings hidden behind the layers of a profound feeling called, 'friendship'.

" Will you let me go to someone else, Arnav?" asked Khushi, in her thoughts.

"Will you stop if I stop you from doing so, Khushi?" answered Arnav, in deep thoughts.

" Try me, Arnav. I will never fail you." said Khushi's mind while turning away as the tears threatened to fall from her eyes.

His heart never wanted these distances but he was scared of rejection. That fear will not let them unite but the love which is unrequited and unexpressed will never let distances come in between them.

" Wait, Khushi. I am coming with you." said Arnav, firmly trying to hide his emotions behind the mask of ASR.

" And your decision?" asked Khushi, hoping for it to be an affirmative one.

" You will know it along with everyone else, Khushi." said Arnav, nonchalantly as he was scared to reveal his real emotions.

Arnav made his way out from the room, while Khushi silently followed him, hoping for the best and preparing herself for the worst.

---------

Raizada Mansion,

The talks of marriage were on full swing but Nani said that the marriage couldn't happen without the consent of both the groom and the bride. And then they came, together shocking everyone.

Arnav quickly bent and took the blessings of Garima and Shashi, while they felt ecstatic seeing such good manners in him. On the other hand, Khushi too bent down to take blessings of Nani.

" Chotte? Khushiji? Amazing timing, you both have. We are about to call you both here to ask you're decision and you both are here." said Anjali, with happiness evident on her face and rose up to hug Khushi.

Garima rose from her seat and took Arnav's hand in hers and asked,

" Arnav bitwa, as you might know, we are here to fix your alliance with Khushi. But this will go ahead only if you both wish. Do you want this marriage to happen, Bitua?" 

" Aunty, I agree to this marriage with Khushi!" said Arnav,while eyeing Khushi intently as the truth of this marriage only he and Khushi knew.

" And You, Khushi?" asked Garima, curiously as both of them entered the house together.

" I too agree to this marriage, Mumma!" said Khushi, in a whispering way, as unknown emotions took over her.

" But why so suddenly this change, Beta?" asked Shashi, as he was confused that his daughter, who never changed her decisions had today changed it, and too in a serious matter as her marriage.

" Dad, I realized that what you were doing is important and Arnav being my best friend, was a suitor without a replacement option." said Khushi, with a smile.

" I am so happy that you changed your decision for good, Beta. Now we have to call the Pandit and finalize the dates for the wedding." said Shashi, happily.

" And Shashiji, this marriage will be one remembered by all. After all, it is the marriage of my only grandson and your only daughter!" said Naniji, suddenly the old age of hers ,going out of the window.

While happiness was all around them, there was just void in their hearts. 

Only if he would ward off the fear of his heart.

Only if she could trust their bond completely.

Suddenly, it felt unbearable for Khushi to remain in that atmosphere as it made her feel as if she was betraying everyone including herself.

"Di, Can I use the restroom?" asked Khushi, as she wanted to wash off the tears which were threatening to fall off at any instant.

" Arre Khushiji, why are you taking my permission? It is your to-be sasuraal. Go and do whatever you want. No one will stop you." said Anjali, starting off with her teasing unknown to the fact that it would only hurt Khushi.

Khushi just smiled at her weakly and went to the restroom to freshen herself up. 

In the mirror on the wall, she saw Arnav's face instead of hers as if he was asking her why she was betraying everyone.

What would one name the feelings if you find someone's face instead of yours when you look into the mirror on the wall or the mirror of your heart?

Be it either mirror or heart, once it is broken it can never be mended. And no one knew this better than Arnav.

They would husband and wife just for the name but he knew it was just a compromise for them, just an act for them and just a pain for them.

Would they ever come out of this pain?

----

Update after what I call ages! It was on hold but now on Vani's insistence I had to continue this! Vani, I will make you write a FF of my choice this time.

Hope you liked it! New readers, if any question please feel free to PM or scrap me!

* l l My Index l l *

Please hit on the like button and do comment 

Read this note.. 

If you need PM then buddy this account

-Fiery_PM-

Only send me request if you are really going to comment and hit the like button.. I do not want to waste my time and energy to send PM for those who don't appreciate others work..

Edited by Yagyaseni - 8 years ago
chinnulu thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9
Nice one.
Continue soon.
pree2605 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Loved it..
a interesting one..
thnxx fr pm
pink_kitten thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8
awwh such an amazing update, arshi and people around them are so nice 
waiting for the marriage eagerly
Yagyaseni thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: PinkPenguinxo

awwh such an amazing update, arshi and people around them are so nice 

waiting for the marriage eagerly

the SR one will be the last update, Angel! 😉Thanks a lot!
jeb1 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Great update
Thanks for pm me
deesha1989 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
NIce update. Loved how they answered each other's unspoken questions. Khushi is feeling really bad about betraying everyone. Did something happen that made her not want to acknowledge the feelings she has for Arnav?
Awesome story. Glad you are following through with it.
Happytwinkle thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Awesome update
Loved it
Well written
Thanks for the pm