Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NSB7 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: shidin0117

Nisha...very true...I started of reading Famous Five...i loved Enid Blyton stories...all the children gang stories...and then when in high school started reading Hardy Boys, Nancy drew only a lil...Hardy boys case files were my fav. Now when I used to see new books in library, I used to wonder what this author is still alive, how many books has he written.

thank u for enlightening us abt the reality.

I loved C. Rajagopalachari's Ramayan and Mahabharat. I got it as a gift...and read it n of times. but i have forgotten so many lil things of the epics. 

M&B I started reading when I was doing my PU...I still blame them for getting less marks in pU๐Ÿ˜†

Now I have stopped reading them (from past 6-7yrs)...my hubs hates them, and my kids are around. I cringe if see some romantic scenes when they r around, but I suspect they will know more than what i knew when they reach the pre-teen yrs.

I grewup reading famous five secret seven Sherlock Holmes during school too..!!
in my 9th and 10th i started harry potter later upgraded to hobbit dragon girl agatha cristie etc..!!

the first mills and boons i read was in my first year of graduate school...!!
but kids in 8th 9th grades these days know more about twilight and fifty shades compared to dairy of a wimpy kid...princess dairies at my time was a bold book to read or something!!

cartoons talk about girls friends during school now...i find my younger cousins in 10th grade relate to the adult jokes my older gang cracks..its disastrous to see how they would easily question u about when u kissed your partner first time..
even today its risky water for me to discuss girlfriends with my older cousin's!!!

shidin0117 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: srividyamouli

Agreed Nisha our childhood was more fun filled and sans gadgets and the innumerable TV channels vying for attention...i seldom felt bored curled up with a book or perched on a tree with a book...today's kids get bored easily and get a surfeit of orgies on TV and movies...i remember a friend telling me Indians seem very advanced... Soft po*n permitted on Indian TV...what gets dished out as humour is the scariest of all...imagine the predicament of us teachers when kids exchange glances or burst out when we use Figure or chemistry because of the way our media has distorted the meaning of these simple words...some years ago i did not understand why colour and Kadalai evoked strange responses and had to consult others to know its connotation in the context...today www responds but it also throws up other learnings...Sad state...

So very true...I am scared to give my kids the laptop or when they spend time even in thier friends house, since they 1-2 yrs elder than them. Worry over everything has become the reality of the current times. Trust no one is the motto I think...
Ashu25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: namratha.shree

๐Ÿ˜† mood swings tho hamara birth right hai ๐Ÿ˜‰

IKR ๐Ÿ˜†
shidin0117 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: namratha.shree

I grewup reading famous five secret seven Sherlock Holmes during school too..!!
in my 9th and 10th i started harry potter later upgraded to hobbit dragon girl agatha cristie etc..!!

the first mills and boons i read was in my first year of graduate school...!!
but kids in 8th 9th grades these days know more about twilight and fifty shades compared to dairy of a wimpy kid...princess dairies at my time was a bold book to read or something!!

cartoons talk about girls friends during school now...i find my younger cousins in 10th grade relate to the adult jokes my older gang cracks..its disastrous to see how they would easily question u about when u kissed your partner first time..
even today its risky water for me to discuss girlfriends with my older cousin's!!!

I hate some cartoons,they put ideas into the kids mind

I dont know how to answer some of the questions my kids ask

My son is not interested in watching any mythological shows, only when there is some war going on he watches it. He likes watching English movies and right now he is in 6th grade...๐Ÿ˜”
Divashni thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Saw the commnts frm last nt. thnks 4 caring so much Nish. Wierd tht a strangr across the country tht hasn't evn met me wud care so much wen some1 so close quickly moves on. He said he needed space nd time as if it were physics nd not a relationship. Bt truth is s[he] be[lie]ve[d]. Gadhi thi main...it ws seriously 2 gud 2 b tru. Stealth mode par hoon Nish bt I'm reading. It is my happy hr nd I need it nw mor thn evr b4. Please keep it going nd thnks so much.
Ashu25 thumbnail
My neighbour once told me about how her daughter  (6 year old) argued with her about Chota bheem and a girl in that show being LOVERS 
She cried also it seems to prove her point ๐Ÿคฃ
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Strewn under the cot

Appa was taking a nap, he had started taking meds for arthritis, so weekends he usually knocked himself out.
Periappa was asleep too
Amma was writing her book on her laptop

"CHITHIII HOW LONG WILL U SLEEP" "I am so bored" Shravu greeted her, playing on his Wii..

"Chithi do u want to fight me?" he demanded

"Chithi is hungry da" II begged

"I am sorry kanna" she whispered embarrassed

She noticed Amma was trying not to look at her, Akka had been married over 12 years, Amma couldnt recall how it used to be in the first year

"U havent eaten" she said

"Sorry ma" Ii mumbled

"Edukku sorry?" Amma chuckled

"Umm.." she mumbled.. "Amma" II mumbled

"Go turn on the gas, I will make ur roti and his"

"Hes asleep" II was mortified

"Saapdamla toongarara?" (he is asleep before lunch)

"Umm.. I told him" she said softly

Amma noticed her agitation, anger argumentative natured were all gone JUST GONE... like THAT... click of her fingers

she was mellow... and shy... and quiet... just like used to be after meeting him...

"What did u make ma?"

"Bhindi... dal... I went down to get a vegetable for him, Mother Dairy was closed in Sector 12, so I just made aloo matar"

"Why did u go down, he will just eat with dal"

She sat down by Amma

Amma noticed... beard burn all over her neck

"Ask him to get a hair cut kanna" (ASK HIM TO SHAVE) is what she meant

"He wont listen" II mumbled

"Ella vaalum wife kitta aatuva" (they do all their zid with biwi only)

"where is Appa?"

"asleep... vicodin or something they gave" Amma said worried

"Amma he shud try yoga and physical therapy not drugs ma" II begged

"NEE SOLREYA?" Amma challenged

"Amma please...

"AT 28 U FIGHT onakku ivlav pidivadam irukku, avarukky ethana irukkum? at 63" (u have so much stubborness at 28, hes ur DAD)

"amma"

"stop arguing with me, go get up... and heat the food... 4 manikka saapduva" (who eats lunch at 4)

Amma made rotis... she ate as Amma served

Shravu "COME PLAY NO CHITHI"

"I will raja let me go check on Uncle R" she said

It was an hour since she had left the room

The bed was empty, he was washing up

"Polama after u eat?" she asked eagerly

"Do u want to go to Sam's?" he asked

"I am told husbands take wives out for a dinner and a movie and all after biz trips she leaned on the window,  as he wiped his face off staring at the mirror on the Godrej door

He half smiled, Selvi came in to do afternoon dishes... Amma aske dher to sweep and mop
II's room as that was left out because of the couple's rendezvous in the morning

"Pesave pesaade" she muttered handing him the phone (just be quiet for everything)

He ate roti with dal and aloo matar... Amma was positively ashamed at feeding him that

"Ishita never told us u were coming" Amma apologized

"This is great Mrs Iyer" he smiled

II helped Amma clean the kitchen

Selvi came in "Kannu" (dear) she whispered

Amma turned... SELVI EYE SIGNALLED AMMA

Amma turned away towards the sink, filling up dirty dishes with water

"psssttt" Selvi muttered

"Edavadu venuma?" (Do u need anything II asked)

"No" Selvi smiled sheepishly
II went back to pouring leftover dal out in a small bowl

"Pssttt" Selvi called out

"Edavadu tedreengala" (are u looking for something?)

"Ayyo ille kannu, onn valai" (no dear YOUR CHOORA)

Selvi handed her a bunch she had knotted up in her pallu as APPA WALKED INTO THE KITCHEN AFTER HIS NAP
And AMMA TURNED TOO

AYYYO!!!!

"Kattil keela kedanduchu" (strewn under the cot) Selvi said with a poker face๐Ÿ˜†

"

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Divashni

Saw the commnts frm last nt. thnks 4 caring so much Nish. Wierd tht a strangr across the country tht hasn't evn met me wud care so much wen some1 so close quickly moves on. He said he needed space nd time as if it were physics nd not a relationship. Bt truth is s[he] be[lie]ve[d]. Gadhi thi main...it ws seriously 2 gud 2 b tru. Stealth mode par hoon Nish bt I'm reading. It is my happy hr nd I need it nw mor thn evr b4. Please keep it going nd thnks so much.

I AM SO SORRY KANNA๐Ÿ˜ญ

I dont know what to say

I was just hitting the sack

Will PM u in the morning๐Ÿ˜ญ
Ashu25 thumbnail

WELCOME BACK LOVE !!!!

Missed you loads!!

Mitti pao ...Come engage in pour mad conversations aur apna din/raat and mood theek karo ๐Ÿค—
PriteeMisra thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Take care Divashni