Views

Users

Frequent Posters

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: aarwen

"oh and if it's strange to think i would fall for kkg if i were aman"

haha for a minute I tried figuring out why aman was falling for khushi bhabhi.. lol.. am too tired to make sense.. ASR would have killed him.. imagine nk jealousy syndrome only worse..

my isspellingiya powderphool.
indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: aarwen

Episode 340

Writing about an episode after so long.. fresh from the hopes of a new movie of Barun.. Am grinning like a complete idiot as I type random things.

First it starts with that forced upbeat music and I roll my eyes. The creators needed a reason to bring Shyam back. Now he is back we should quickly forget all the biting words, tears and sad times and start enjoying marriage banter it seems... oh I forgot a child was also murdered.. even before he was born.. nevermind let's enjoy some happy times.

And then something magical happened as it always does when Arnav Singh Raizada in his rolled up shirt sleeves paces in his room staring at his phone. I almost don't mind the fact that he calls her, she does not pick up.  She does try being too cute, but then his shut up and cutting the call is just so refreshing and far from diplomatic that I decide to go along.
he kept working with unconvincing stuff and made them convincing.

Mamiji wants to talk to buaji, but Khushi thinks its Arnavji. Really Khushi? Can you imagine ASR copying mami?!! Now why didn't I think of that scene in my fanfiction atleast!

Anyway, a miraculously recovered di shuffles along to her chote. It hits again me how big his heart is. That holds no grudge. Di might have gone against his wishes, but he will still worry for her. Call her inside with respect and love. And though he is angry with Shyam he cares too much for di to take it out on her. In a way I felt good that Anjali atleast tried to make things right with him. Of course, for her to do so is easy since she did get her way. 

Then comes nani and talks about Khushi bitiya being 'achchi bahu'. There.. We have it.. Indi di's favourite achchi bahu running rampant on our screen. I can't really mind since am sarcastically chuckling at how apparent they have to make this transformation of sankadevi to kartavya parampara following ideal bahuriya. you can run but you cannot hide, achhi bahuriya you must be. πŸ˜†

Matchwa phixing karke hi breathing lebe.. Or something similar mamiji says.. I had used this joke in my fanfiction and been so proud of it.. Now I realize my mind must have copied it.. Remind me not to judge 'inspired' serial-makers and copied movies harshly ever again. We all make such honest mistakes where we pass off things as original pieces. seems shakespeare had only one or two plots in his plays that were original as in really his ideas... the rest all "inspired". difference i guess was in the size of his talent, his ability to create music with simple words, look deep and unflinching into a soul and feel its innermost secret, its every nuance.

Mami aap kya kar ri hai? For a minute he looked like that young hero from episodes close to one hundred.. Haye my arnav bitwa how good you were then.. And how good you are still..

Mami tells him he needs to break a coconut on Khushi's head. Maybe then she will wake and forget being adarsh nari.. What fun would it be! NK and mami are a lethal pair and bitwa is a bit too distraught having fought with his would be wife, err contract wife, to realize the shatir dimag is being played with.

Look here, even if am most upbeat I can't ignore Khushi's wide smile as she greets di and others in Shantivan. Isn't she a bit sad that she fought with Arnavji?

Everyone gets to snicker and giggle at the expense of the once stern ASR, who is now fine with being the besotted groom.  Thus, in my mind spelling IPK's impending doom. Which does throw me into gloom.. And I should stop rhyming silly words soon.

Coming up is haldi ceremony.. i should start gathering buckets of ice. And Shyam is suddenly in charge of decorations.. Daiyya ho.. No wonder it all looks so middil cilaas.. me with my snarky remarks...

Next scene is a bit too cute.. Specially with man smiling all starry eyed and girl completely unfazed and concerned more with her mehendi. 

There are other things to worry about. If the poolside is visible from the living room then all the rabba veys must have been witnessed by HP, OP and devi maiyya only knows who else. Oh wait.. This magical poolside, that you can see from the living room, is the one that appears on diwali nights when broken hearted girls cry and guys with striking haircuts stare out of. So, its all fine. Moving along to NK's usefulness in an Indian wedding.

Nannav ko kisika wait karne ki adalat nai hai.. Hai re NK (phrase courtesy Durga di).. And please someone hold me.. Did NK call ASR stupid right there?

Anyway, so the good thing about this last scene is it somehow reminded me of the Payash havan night. That happier time when Khushi was teasing him about the bangles and Anjali and nani had started to guess their chote's dil ka haal?

Back to the episode where the elusive Aman call's Khushi about some deal that didn't go through. The girl suddenly gets very worried and rushes to man's room. He sits staring at his laptop, typing all sorts of important things. Yet he talks to her in that special tenure of voice that my heart cannot simply deny.

Since this is about his work, Khushi is allowed to look worried and upset., now you get it, my achhi bahu always thinks of others and never herself. romance and rabba ve is all very well, but now that you are to marry or is it remarry or is it trp marry... whatever, now you better show you are here for the parivar parampara kick and not to make wild love to the man you adore and hang around with him, if you have to see him there better be a damn good reason like saving his business otherwise go to the kitchen ad make kheer for di.

but forget the deal it's simply a ruse to bring her to him. And then as she starts to leave he has to corner her against that door... Completely obliviously to what such a rugged  gesture would do to anyone watching... that is the thing, man is not achha at all, sigh.

Hold your fluttering hearts steady because Arnav Singh Raizada is not done yet. First the perfect businessman advances upon you. Extends that the toned forearm to trap you close to him. Then in an open admission of love, states that you are in fact the biggest deal of his life. He loves to tease and flirt and play, but fundamental to all this is his feeling for you. How much he loves you. And how much you mean to him.

She still wants a sorry for him. Didn't she cut his call too? How about a sorry from her? Anyway he decides to say sorry. With disarming honesty and sincerity. honest, sincere, disarming, that's our asr.

And I forget that I didn't want him to say sorry. He wants to apologize to the girl whose happiness makes him happy, then I will go right along with him. Who am I to question why, his love I will always stand by. that's the talent of this actor, he can take the most weird things and make it asr... we stop minding. can you imagine any other actor pulling off that drag to mandir and marry sequence? need him back.

so happy you wrote. totally enjoyed reading and edits super good. agreed with everything you said. okay poolside asr... he looked good but yeah the whole thing is saccharine sweet and i just don't feel like spending time on that moment.

the other day my niece who loved ipk kept saying wonder what would have been the right way to tell this story... how should they have swung the whole thing once the falling in love was done... my feeling then and even now... there was a story line initially, not only a romance being portrayed, also the story of asr vis a vis lucknow and who knows maybe a mingling of the stories of khushi and asr.. sheesh mahal was the natural destination of this tale... one had to go there, work that out and then ipk would come to its natural end, of course asr and kkg would remain a hamesha tale in our minds.

what i couldn't figure out was why was sheesh mahal so studiously avoided.

i really don't get why they did this to ipk... 

i remember the forum clamour for chemistry and more and more kkg asr scenes... but does that mean you device some forced so called chemistry vignettes and stop bothering with the story telling. what will keep the tension and drama alive then, essential if audiences have to engage.

ah mystery really.

indi52 thumbnail
episode 341

(thanks for the texture, kate)

how much need can you put in a pair of eyes i thought (see below, unedited0... upbeat notes of rabba ve, a good feeling. a lovely shot of the two of them. i particularly like the way he leans against the wall... suddenly i am thinking guest house.

she's yelling at him, pushing him, he's walking backward. that evening he'd finally gripped her arms, stopped her onslaught and her whirled around, pinning her pack against the wall.

today he let her come at him. settling back against the frame of the french window, opening up, letting her show her ire... everything would have felt wrong, if that thing in his eyes were not there.

rhea has mentioned this in her 340 take, and it happened to me too... i suddenly was okay with him apologising, even saying thanks later (gosh the achhi bahu brigade really pushed it, didn't they), perhaps because somehow he conveyed to me it was because he loves this woman and he understands she really meant no harm... he knows the dangers. he is not letting his guard down, but he knows she did it because she loves him, loves his sister and wants to see his sister well.

love is a strange thing... makes you take steps you never ever thought you would. and it feels, it rarely judges.

i judged khushi. but asr saw her with a lover's eyes and read something deeper, more worth treasuring than the obvious take of... she is wrong. his anger had already said that to her. he possibly realised he just did not like hurting her... even though what she did was not really right.

"waise toh hume bhi aapse maafi mangni chahiye... " i should also apologise to you, begins khushi. i think, yes, you should and please tell him you shouldn't have done what you did. but the lover cuts her short... "di khush hai and that's all that matters."

di is happy, he says in a crisp cool voice, and that's all that matters. his other love, his di... anything for her too and all the forgiveness in the world.

there's a largeness and breadth to this character and a cutting to the chase, an action orientation, he's a fairly quick thinker, he can see beyond the obvious and he is a man who likes pace... lingering unnecessarily over things is not his way at all.

thanks, khushi... killer delivery. i gasped and tried to hit someone for writing such nonsense, but barun sobti had already made sense of it. evolved loving, what could be more beautiful... well maybe a hot and handsome man in black against grey, smiling ever so slightly.

one had to kiss him. so of course she did. loved the shot, the gradual moving toward each other, electricity in the air.

bua ji had to call just then...

he quips, "ek baar agar main tumhara haath chhor diya toh fir nahin pakdunga..." if i let go of your hand once i shan't hold it again. where is all this coming from, was another path being explored?

"khushi, neeche chalein..." shall we go downstairs. cuuute.

actually, the thing that i liked in this episode was the body language of two lovers. when script failed them, they showed with their stance and physical rhythm the growth in their relationship. khushi's haq is sure and quite demanding now, his give is gorgeous, but that doesn't mean his anger has abated, but loving or raging, his need and love are clear, as is his sense of a right over her. the way he cradles her, that hand over her head, the knowing smile... and her need so apparent in the head buried in his chest, eyes shut, longing writ large on face.

again thanks? i am getting ready to yell at asr despite my love, when he says, smoothly... but the fire streaking behind the smoothness scorches me.

"mujhe ussme zara sa bhi vishwas nahin hai..." i don't trust him at all. thank g for that. he has to share his belief with khushi while accepting her act. not so that he can say, i told you so later, but because she is his patni and really finally at last there is one person he can open up to.

she is touched by what he said i think.

it was a crucial moment somehow i thought.

khushi, main promise karta hoon, tum aur main... hamesha na? always...

khushi, i promise that you and i... always rigght?... always.

slightly obvious writing, but that "always" smooth swift asr has me in a state.

beautiful music. i often wondered how they matched the background score so perfectly. did they play the music while shooting to get the timing right...

that happy lovely walk by the man, introspecting.. in his own world laad gov asr at last he has a chance at happiness.

i have no idea why the shyam dadi scene was inserted there. so asr is so stupid that he'll stand where shyam can see his reflection? what.ever.

khushi is progressively more flaky. a girl being nervous on her haldi day, khushi especially, is understandable, can even be very cute and would have been too, if the premise was right. in a "remarriage" where sheknows him this well.. where she has just gone and fought with him, demanded he understand, kissed him, said hamehsa na... suddenly this volte face. not really endearing. quite a strain to watch.

he wakes up smiles sweetly, happy boy there.  i feel for asr, has he ever smiled like that in the morning lying in bed?

then some meaningless stuff about ring and things and they are going to surprise the guptas by shifting haldi there? how unthinking is that and how silly is the writing.

khushi's haldi look was definitely inspired by the bengali gaaye holud look, at least when i got married, we still wore white saree with red border, handloom, garland of flowers, maybe even a couple of other flower ornaments and actually the saree comes from the bride groom's house along with the things they wish to gift the bride. it's a clean fresh look.

sanaya was pretty in white and red but there was something not natural about her persona any more, the make up too hard, the saree not really a saree, more a costume. wish they'd give real ethnic dressing a try sometime in these gaudy serials. one of the best things about diwali was that khushi wore something one might have in real life, including the dainty costume jewellery, given she is not from a wealthy family... the whole feel was natural and beautiful.

everyone is in white for haldi and there's a bright cheerful indian wedding air at the guptas. nani ji looks gracious and almost makes me believe people actually do such things, just land up at the girl's house for a rasam.

nk says, "so aaj ke liye main hi nannav hoon." he is arnav for the day. again i think, was some other story being considered?

"'scuse me?" arrives, i must die a bit. he is wearing a not very cool white kurta but he is looking so male, so ready to... what? i am a mess.

body language this episode, i must say again, was something else.

i guffawed at that swift salman khan at crossing come back. way back he'd sometimes tease di... nirupa roy... the only light moments he had perhaps. only one person with whom he could let his guard down, be a 26 year old. but even with her, certain things were not to be shown or shared. now he has khushi, the girl without whom he can't live, maybe that's why he can laugh with her.

"lakshmi nagar ke signal pe khada hoke tumhara wait kar raha hai.. jao jake shadi kar lo," nice dialogue... that go get married to him intrigues me. starting with if i leave your hand... there have been several things said that seem to hint at a story a little differnt from what we saw.

and while i absolutely loved the moments of khushi asr at the end. his bristling, grazing heat, her slightly tremulous but no less aroused fire... i did think that dialogue about his love needing no proof was meant to be part of  something coming up. but that didn't happen. and minus that it just seemed like a hero type, seetee baja dialogue. asr gets angry, but he rarely says hero sounding stuff. shut up would have been enough here. and then maybe a kiss... on her earlobe, because he just needs her so much... but he will wait.

even khushi's dialogues that lead up to the proof words are lame really.

kyunki aap humse pyaar nahin karte... because you don't love me.

really? subah paper mein aya tha?... really? was it in the newspaper this morning?

she insists. he gets angry.

"don't you dare say that again... mere pyaar ko kissi saboot ki zaroorat nahin hai..." my love doesn't need any proof whatsoever.

she quickly apologises

lots of rabba ve.

i look at the words again. nah... there was another story.

Edited by indi52 - 9 years ago
aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
three days no talking.. hai re nand kissore..
Indi di I see 341 is up.. will write mine hopefully tomorrow and then read..

initially I had not liked Khushi's makeup. Then I saw the off screen segment where she mentions those are real flowers. then gradually the look grew on me.

and when she is inside with him, during their own private haldi, with that tremulous aroused look I was definitely sold on the idea of real flowers..

its  their haldi.. we need more people here.. 
aarwen thumbnail
she leans forward.. and you can feel his heart skip a beat in sheer happiness.. I swear I could feel how happy he was as her lips touched his cheek.. 
indi52 thumbnail
^^^

hi rhea,

this is our chhoti si thread, just you and me... no one else. πŸ˜† the ajeeb phangurrls of ipk.

actually since i do not agree with the entire premise of remarriage, i was a little unmoved by most things. but the cheek rub in 342... an adult male's way of loving a girl he knows is really his wife and he cannot help but show that physical longing at times... was lovely. of course 348 had me yelling and screaming with joy. the rest... i will just touch on what i liked because otherwise it will be a rant fest... hehehe it already is.

that 341 kiss you speak of and the edit... his almost bursting with thrill at her sudden kiss on the cheek was gorgeous. the man is a brilliant actor, he knows exactly what to push and tweak to keep these very unconvincing days convincing... he actually made me think, yeah okay asr will say sorry and thanks for his reasons.

and do keep writing, i get totally unknown, unsought visitors at times on a take here or there, who say they were thrilled with what they read, made their viewing more joyful or something like that, can't tell you what a good feeling that is.

that i discovered is one of the many wonders of writing... that you reach and touch someone you don't know and will never know and somehow add a happy moment to their lives. your writing connects, triggers. pricelss. really.

DurgaS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Disclaimer: Please do not copy my work anywhere. If you do, please give credit. 

Episode 348 

The starry night 

Wrapped in a black attire, sparkled the beauty 
Sizzling in a dance, thought to be innocent and naughty 
Raising emotions in a misty hue 
Crossing another zone are the lovers true

Reaching a zenith under the starry night 
Aspirations escalating without a fight 
Souls bore open, tears unhidden 
Submission to one another, a natural progression

On the pure white sheet, pure love excelled 
Under the black sparkling blanket, heartbeats reveled 
A beautiful moment witnessed by the universe whole 
As united they become, body and soul  

p.s. Had written this sometime back for one of Vandana's events. Apt time that I post it here. πŸ˜Š Edited by DurgaS - 9 years ago
anabrissa thumbnail

Haut du formulaire

in the silence, something seeped into him and all he could do was be its captive. his hands moved without volition, almost as though pulled by a magnet toward her face. he had no idea what he was doing, just that he had to do this. for she had touched him already. with her tear.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

episode 28

"touch has memory."
~~~ john keats ~~~

a sense was awakened today. touch. physical, emotional, in the gut, in the heart. he thrust her back against a huge drum of some sort, wanting to calm her, and himself perhaps too. the searing storm had entered both, and swirled dangerously. he had no idea things were in such a state, he said. as he watched, her face spoke fire, anger, transiting to pain and surprisingly almost a plea for mercy; (perfect acting from Sanaya really felt that she was transiting from fire, anger to pain) he hadn't realised how hard he was holding her wrist. a tear formed and fell.

all through played rabba vey in the layer beyond, speaking of connection beyond words beyond logic beyond the limits of our reality, even when there was anger, when everything hurt, there was no looking back. sight had made the crack in the fortress wall, sound of her name revealed how hard it had hit, now touch smashed a rampart.πŸ‘ beautiful direction and feel for the moment. tremulous, strains of rabba vey played on.

a glistening pearl on his hand. then another. like his first, then second call: khushi.
as though first drops of rain on parched earth. (wow beautiful analogy, made me think of a song : a drop in the ocean, a change in the weather ... it's like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert but I'm holding you closer than most cos you are my heaven) and they flooded his heart. stronger than an ocean, swifter than the rainπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘. he freed her wrist and grappled with unknown feelings. those tears, what were they doing to him. his eyes wouldn't, couldn't leave her face.

before he could pull himself together, she passed out. limp, and trusting in his arms. concern and bafflement...
and so it was that his gaze fell on a stray strand of hair and a desire he couldn't understand or overcome took over.

to touch. πŸ‘

to feel that hair and tuck it behind that ear, to stroke a cheek, and then another? why, asr, why? he had no answer. he wasn't even thinking. she had let go on him, and he just wanted to be there with her. tender, loving, gentle, sweet, just feeling her innocent skin against his. something beyond him pulled him and kept him there. πŸ‘

"see how she leans her cheek upon her hand!
o that i were a glove upon that hand,
that i might touch that cheek!"

~~~ romeo's soliloquy, william shakespeare

he lifted his hand and did as he felt compelled to. i felt my breath stay still as this most intoxicating sequence unfolded. (felt the same I was breathless)

later he would pick her up in his arms, cradle her like a child, something precious,❀️ and take her to his suv, then her home. there, he'd be greeted by a sister's wrath (Payal was amazing here really loved this trait of hers, the protective sister's wrath), and an aunt's curses; insulted, shown the door. yet all he'd know is that she held on to his shirt, that he had to be gentle with her, that he couldn't just leave without knowing she was alright. he'd notice his finger marks on her wrist, and the cut on the other, her blood, red, deep, alive in that ugly gash. (the way Payal refused to let him touch her, emplying that he has no Haq on her, brilliant)

he'd been responsible for that too.

someone called shyam would make him wonder was he thinking this is a man important to her? did he not like it? (there's a hint of jealousy here  It seems someone else in her life has more Haq on her  as Ipoona wrote) in the car, a broken bangle, she'd left behind a memory for him, and then he'd see the wound on his palm. his blood, red, deep, alive. had their blood touched?

a dupatta once had billowed with abandon and caressed his face, now it streamed out and marked memories, catching the tale in its folds. i listened, captivated. the makers of this story had a strange passion to tell it well, take it deeper than the idiot box's measurements and reach. their simple devices to cross into another dimension, one beyond the senses five: a churi, a dupatta, a jalebi, a couch.. among them the dupatta so elegant, so eloquent. romantic, unheeding of good sense, going to forbidden places and touching eternity whenever it wished.πŸ‘

the episode was ballet like πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘, musical, and a song just kept coming to me. listen to it while you read, might be more fun.

have Decided to post my comment here for a change, In purple brilliant, in blue some thoughts.

So our demzel in distress (fiona) was saved from the crumbling dungeon and the rakshush (shrek without the greenish ugly sideπŸ˜‰), the ogre who scares the adults and devours the childrenπŸ˜†, turned out to be a rajkumar, a prince charming.  The monster, the anti - hero who loves the solitude in his swamp, was in fact the saviour, a braveheart whose harshness is only a wall, a self defence system, and our princess turned out to be a resourceful lioness who can take care of herself and doesn't need the help of so called heroes like Robin hood as she kicked sherwood's guys asses (one of the most hilarious scenes in shrekπŸ˜†), and she  herself has an ogress side (as khushi is in so many ways a mini asrπŸ˜‰). Then ofc we have the friendly, talkative and helpful Donkey (NKπŸ˜†) who managed to bring Shrek and Fiona closer. Have I forgotten someone ? well every tale has a villain here it's lord Farquaad (shyam🀒😑). If you remember in the first scene we see lord Farquaad bits by bits, his legs then his hands then his head and we think ohh ... he looks strong, almighty, then ... we see his full length😲 ... Surprise Oh, oh! he's tiny, heartless, shabby and greedy (shyam was shown as a gentleman, chivalrous, kindhearted and brave then we discovered slowly, bits by bits, episode by episode, with small details and hints that he is the real rakshush, the tiny, heartless, shabby and gready monster.😑

anabrissa thumbnail
seems my highlights on purple didn't appear well Indi everything you wrote is brilliant anyway so consider every word as If highlighted in purple πŸ˜†.
aarwen thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

^^^

hi rhea,

this is our chhoti si thread, just you and me... no one else. πŸ˜† the ajeeb phangurrls of ipk.

actually since i do not agree with the entire premise of remarriage,i was a little unmoved by most things. but the cheek rub in 342... an adult male's way of loving a girl he knows is really his wife and he cannot help but show that physical longing at times... was lovely. of course 348 had me yelling and screaming with joy. the rest... i will just touch on what i liked because otherwise it will be a rant fest... hehehe it already is.

that 341 kiss you speak of and the edit... his almost bursting with thrill at her sudden kiss on the cheek was gorgeous. the man is a brilliant actor, he knows exactly what to push and tweak to keep these very unconvincing days convincing... he actually made me think, yeah okay asr will say sorry and thanks for his reasons.

and do keep writing, i get totally unknown, unsought visitors at times on a take here or there, who say they were thrilled with what they read, made their viewing more joyful or something like that, can't tell you what a good feeling that is.

that i discovered is one of the many wonders of writing... that you reach and touch someone you don't know and will never know and somehow add a happy moment to their lives. your writing connects, triggers. pricelss. really.

indi di see you wrote all this and readers came to like.. yes you do make us all happy and fall a little more in love with Ipk.. 

enjoyed that longing in pink..

will keep writing and sharing my joy with you and everyone who reads..
Edited by aarwen - 9 years ago