Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

simply.meghana thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: uma88

Finally caught up with this story, very different and very nice meg, what a combination, a demon and a horror movie buff madhu, oh they were in love from past.

Man, his eyes, I wonder how madhu had let him stand next to her, if I was at her place, I would have died out of fear seeing his eyes.

So that occultist has spolied his plan, now he is going to pay back for it, even I was waiting for rishab to show in shadow form like mariyam, when that rohan kissed madhu, but I guess, kavya's effect was seen from ur side, as u want rohan to be safe, 🀣

Thanks for pm and waiting eagerly for next update

Thank you so much uma di...I'm glad you are liking itπŸ˜ƒ
I think red eyes are hot🀣😳 
Rohan is safe for only until the next update🀣 He can't survive in my stories πŸ€£Sorry kavya di...I mustπŸ˜†
Update full of death coming soonπŸ˜†
RM14 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Abhiya4life

Thank you deepti...we shall seeπŸ˜ƒ

Welcome Meghna.πŸ˜ƒ
simply.meghana thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ni33

Great update Chotu! Thanks Ni!🀣

The occultist flashed her a toothy smile...🀣 Does he have all his teeth, or are there some missing?🀣 No I know he uses those fake teeth...🀣 Let's just go with that shall we?πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

That necklace has seen better Days, and this wasn't one of them... Did RK die a little having part of his spirit destroyed?πŸ˜† His murderous self entered... You know, this is probably the first RK I really liked this much... And all due to his killer nature...🀣 He is my villian in this story... I know Rohan is there... But he haven't killed anyone yet, nor at such a way that RK has... And I know he will die... So I keep hoping this devil, sorry demon...πŸ˜† side of him will be there to the very end of this story... 😳 Awww thank you Ni...I'm glad you like this RKπŸ˜† Mostly because he kills πŸ€£ Rohan sorry beta...Ni has dumped you here🀣

Wow the oblivious bala... Please kill her already, she is starting to get on my nerve... Playing with two guys...🀒 And on top of it being stupid...🀒 A small part of me actually hoped for when her head was spinning that she wouldn't faint but drop dead...🀣 But that would be a too easy of a death for this bala...Oh her reincarnated form will also see how stupid she was πŸ€£

The holy bond of marriage... I promise you, if that bala doesn't die before she gets married to Rohan I will kill them all..😑 Well all except for RK... My killer needs to stay alive... Rohan I know will die, I have accepted the fact...😭 But I hope he gets a cruel and brutal death...😭 My Rohan deserves that, if he can't kill than at least he should get killed like that... Death has become him...πŸ˜† One way or another... A brutal and cruel death... Be creative Chotu... Surprise me...πŸ˜† But no clutching his heart without even touching it... He deserves a brutal killing...😳 Oh she will die...many will die πŸ˜† ok  maybe not many...but you get my point πŸ€£ I hope it satisfies your expectations Ni..πŸ˜†

Naw... RK got mad... I share your thoughts and feelings RK, kill that occultist... But I to be honest I'm glad... That stupid bala is playing you...😑 That murkhabala deserves to die!😑 I love seeing you drool over this RK πŸ€£ He will come for you after Murkhabala dies πŸ€£

Thanks for the awesome update and for the PM Chotu! As you already know I needed it...πŸ˜† Yes I do know ...πŸ˜† You're welcome😳

Also I came first yet again in this story... Congo shongo! πŸ₯³ Browser didn't fail you this time...🀣

Ni33 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

This story is discontinued. The author of this story has left IF due to personal reasons, none health related. Both her and I would like to thank you for reading her stories and given her support during her journey as a writer and an IF member.

I would like to clearify one thing. No one has the right to continue her stories without her consent! And continuing them or reposting them either here on IF or on another site is plagiarism. Again thank you for supporting her during her journey here!

simply.meghana thumbnail

Chapter 7
(Still in flashback...)
(Madhubala's POV)

He didn't come back after that night...my marriage was tomorrow. I waited each night for him, sitting by the window. But nothing. I forced myself to go to bed each night, crying till my eyes were red and swollen. 

(The next day...)

The palace was glowing with happiness and excitement over the preparations for the wedding. My parents looked so happy. A smile formed on my lips after a long time seeing them smile. Maids came to my room and helped me get ready for the big day. Prince Rohan was soon to arrive with his family. I sat on the chair like a statue, staring blankly into the clear mirror. Time went by quickly, as I found myself dressed completely like a bride. But only a smile was missing. Mother came to see me. She had a new glow on her face after seeing me in my bridal attire. She cupped my face with her hands and kissed my forehead. 

"My daughter looks lovely today..." She stroked my head. 

"Thank you mother..." I said, my voice sounding low. 

I dismissed the maids after mother had left, then I sat down on my bed, twirling the rose in my fingers. It looked more lovely today. The red color had deepened and a beautiful fragrance was surrounding it. I went back to the mirror and tucked it neatly in my hair. 

The music from down below increased in volume at the arrival of the groom. I took a peek from the door. Surely enough he was down there with his family. I quickly shut the door and leaned back against it. This was it Madhubala...this was it.

I was taken downstairs to the altar...eveyone was blushing and happy to see me descend down the stairs. Prince Rohan was watching me. He gave a small smile. I was brought before him, and the rituals began. Then suddenly I felt a cold sensation touching me. It remained there for a while, while I tried to ignore it. It reminded me of Rishabh...I didn't want to create a scene in front of everyone.

I liked around the room to distract myself, but they were behaving awkwardly. Many were holding their heads in pain, and soon they sank to their knees. Then succumbed to unconsciousness. Only the two families, mine and Rohan's, were still conscious. We were all paralyzed with fear. The lights went out, and then a tall figure stepped into the room.  It took only a few moments to tell who it was. Rishabh. 

He stepped forward with a wild smirk on his face. 

"I'm back my princess." He blew me a kiss. "Won't you welcome me, your highness?" He bowed mockingly. 

They all watched him approach us with fearful expressions.  My parents especially. Suddenly a sword handing from the wall levitated into the air, making its way into Rishabh's open hand. He clutched it tightly and smirked. Then he looked at Rohan, who was now trembling in fear. 

"Let's have some fun, shall we prince?" He laughed. Prince Rohan suddenly flew back against the back wall. The wall began to crumble under such force. His parents tried to move towards him, but an invisible barrier stopped them. In fact, even my parents and I were trapped. 

Rishabh shot his empty hand out towards Rohan. His arms began to move accordingly to Rishabh's hand movements. He watched over to him and placed the sword in his hand. Rohan couldn't fight it. Rishabh forced his hand shut. He gained control of Rohan's body and stood him up. He then poised the sword at his neck, ready to slit his throat. 

"Once you are out of the way...Madhubala will be all mine." He said. 

"Let...go...of...me..." Rohan stammered. He tried with all his strength to break free of his control. 

"I will...once your heart stops." He said. 

The sword began to cut into his throat. Beads of sweat formed on his forehead. I tried to move but couldn't. He had stopped everyone. 

"Rishabh please don't kill him!"

"It's too late princess...these people have separated us long enough." His voice was filled with anger.

He took steps back, lifting Rohan into the air. The sword was still on Rishabh's control. In a split second, the sound of the sword filled the room. And all Rohan's dismembered body fell to the ground, his head rolled to the side.

I closed my eyes...not able to handle the sight. His mother had fainted at the sight of her dead son. I tried to move again, this time succeeding. I was the only one that could move now. Rishabh took my hand. 

"You're coming with me my princess. You belong to me, forever."

"No...Rishabh..." 

"You don't get to say no princess. You only belong to me. I only have a right on you." 

Mother began to scream curses at him. He got annoyed and put them into unconsciousness as well. Soon we were the only two left in our senses. Then suddenly a dark shadow formed behind us. Two men appeared from it.

"Rishabh!!!" A large, booming voice was heard. "This is unacceptable!!! Falling for a mortal, a human girl. You shall be punished for your deeds."

"How do you plan on doing that?" 

I felt a cold sensation again, but it felt more dark, more sinister. I was pulled back to the wall. A man was holding me, snickering at Rishabh. His hand went over my bosom, and a painful sensation was created, like my heart was being crushed. Rishabh's expression contorted into an expression of anger and worry.

"Get your hands off of her!!!" He roared. His crimson eyes glowed bright in anger.

"Only if you come with us...otherwise I shall kill her right here."

Beads of sweat formed on my forehead. My chest was filled with pain. The grip got tighter, as my body jerked in painful motions.

"Alright..I'll go with you...!" He growled. "Now let go of her!" He said.

The grip was released. I fell to the floor, gripping my chest painfully. I watched horrified as they took Rishabh with them. They all disappeared into the dark shadow. Tears spilled again from my eyes. I would never see him again. 

I heard a groaning from behind. It was the queen, Rohan's mother. I turned my head to meet her spiteful gaze.

"You! You did this! You cursed girl!" She hissed. I shook my head wildly. She staggered towards the bloodied sword, and carried it back with her. She poised it at my stomach. 

"You killed my son! I won't spare you!" She spat. Everyone had slowly regained consciousness, but only to see this scene. My parents gasped at the sight.

"No!!!!!"  They yelled. But it was too late. The sword had plunged into my stomach. I saw my blood before falling to the ground. A bright light shone, and my eyes closed...

(Rishabh's POV)

They imprisoned me in hell...kept me isolated. But I would come back soon...my princess would be waiting for me. 

"I'll be back soon my love, to reclaim your heart as mine."

(FINALLY BACK TO PRESENT DAY!!)
(Madhu's POV)

I jerked awake from the dream, or nightmare. I was sweating profusely. I drank some water and took some deep breaths. What the heck was happening? Me, a princess, in love with a demon?!?!? This Rishabh Kundra... the same Rishabh from my past life? Was this life of mine even real!? I looked at the necklace dangling from my neck. I hadn't taken it off after the party...didn't know why. It was causing this...as it pulsed with an eerie dark glow. I quickly removed it and threw it into a corner. No way did I want that thing near me...I couldn't sleep for the rest of the night. I needed to get to the bottom of things...and soon...

Edited by Abhiya4life - 9 years ago
simply.meghana thumbnail

Chapter 8
(Madhu's POV)

I couldn't fall asleep anymore. I didn't want him to find me here. How had I fallen in love with a demon?! I went into the bathroom and shut the door. I splashed the cold water on my face and took deep breaths. I wiped my face and looked in the mirror. I saw his reflection behind me. I tried to scream, but he turned me around and clasped his cool hand over my mouth. My pulse raced and I felt a bead of sweat formed on my forehead.

"I know you have remembered everything Madhubala..." He caressed my cheek seductively. "Your love has returned for you." He said. His piercing crimson eyes burned into my soul. He removed his hand and cupped my face. My mind wanted to repulse his touch, but my body melted to it. I couldn't help staring at his face. He was attractive, no doubt about it.

"Please leave me alone." I said, not meeting his gaze. "My name is Madhu, not Madhubala. I am not your love."

"Don't say that, my princess. I recognize your soul. You are my Madhubala." He said. 

"No..." I tried to resist. 

"You are mine. Only mine." He said. He overpowered my body and senses. He laid a smoldering kiss on my lips. I was taken aback. He wrapped his arms around my waist and maintained the kiss to perfection. His lips were cool, and they burned on mine. I felt my back being pressed against the sink. I tried to gain control over my body and eventually escaped his grasp. I ran out of the bathroom and shut the door in front of me. I took a deep breath, then put back into horror with his sight in front of me. He lifted my chin with his finger.

"Did you think you could escape me, my princess?" He took hold of me and brushed a lock of my hair to the side. "We loved each other so much. But because of them we were separated." He sounded sad. My heart ached suddenly. Did I still share a connection to him? "But I finally found you, after 200 years." He gave a small smile as he caressed my face. I shuddered. My mind was in conflict with my heart. My heart ached for him, but my mind resisted. I pushed him away with all my strength. 

"I'll be back for you Madhubala. We belong with each other, whether you accept it or not." He said, then disappearing into thin air. 

I sat down on my bed, taking in all the chaos that just occurred in just a few minutes. I stared at the necklace in the corner of the room. I went and picked it up, staring at it for a few moments. I stuffed it in an empty drawer, finding along with it a shimmering red rose. The same rose. I slammed it shut and stayed awake for the rest of the night. 

(RK's POV)

I retreated back into my mansion. The house was cleaned up from the party. The emptiness bored me. I ventured into the garden with Madhubala's picture in my hand. She was resisting, but not for long. I would make her fall in love with me again. I loved her even more in her new form. She was lovable and brave, completely different from when I first met her. 

"I love you my princess." I kissed her picture, immediately reminded of our kiss in her bedroom. Even if she resisted, her soul wanted me. It still remembered our bond from her past life. Her soul still wanted me to be with her.

(Madhu's POV)

Trishna was freaked out when she saw me sitting on the bed, eyes bloodshot and hair put in a frenzy. 

"Hey Madhu! What happened yaar? Did you not sleep the entire night?" She sat next to me.

"No...I...I just had a nightmare, and I couldn't sleep afterwards." I lied.

"Want to tell me about it? It could make you feel better." 

"No...no it's fine."

"Are you sure?" She inquired. She wasn't convinced.

"Yes I'm sure." I forced a smile. I was still freaked out about last night. What would I tell her? That my lost demonic lover had come to visit me? 

"Okay then sleepy head. I don't think you should come to college today...you're too tired. I'm leaving then." She ruffled my hair and began to get up when I stopped her. I didn't want to be left alone at home anymore.

"No! Trishna, I'm coming with you." I said. She looked at me funny.

"Really? You don't look so hot." 

"Yes really." I said. I got up from bed and went to get ready. He couldn't get near me when I was in college. Yeah, he couldn't.

(At the college...)

"I'm right here my princess." I heard his voice right next to me. I held back a shriek, as I was in the library. No attention for me right now. I turned and found him sitting next to me. 

"Why are you following me?!" I hissed. He chuckled, then stroked my cheek. 

"I'm sorry. I can't stay away from you for long. I love being around you." He said. His eyes flashed a bright red. 

"Please stay away from me." I said coldly. 

"Why? Do I bother you?" He lifted his eyebrow.

"Yes you do." I said. He laughed it off. 

"Odd. You weren't like this at all before."

Either he was dumb or he was really determined to impress me.

"How could I be the same? I'm saying for the last time that I'm not Madhubala!" I said, trying my best to keep my voice low. People were giving me odd stares. Why wouldn't they? I was practically talking to myself.

"Go away." I said.

"Fine. You win. But I'm not giving up so soon." He got up and leaned down towards my face. He placed a kiss on my cheek. I turned bright red. He chuckled.

"Maybe you haven't changed after all." He said, then disappeared.

simply.meghana thumbnail

Chapter 9
(Madhu's POV)

I couldn't concentrate at all in class. All I could think about was that flashback of my past life. I found myself shocked at how childish my behavior was there. Trishna tapped on the shoulder and asked me what the matter was. I just shook my head and continued to jot down notes. 

I didn't even want to walk home. Last time I did that, I had run into him. Not again Madhu. I decided to let my health-conscious self go for a while and went home with Trishna on her scooter. 

"You're acting funny nowadays Madhu. Seriously, what's the matter?" She asked, perplexed.

"It's nothing serious Trishna. Just stress." I said. 

"Just making sure. You're not acting like yourself since the past few days." 

I went straight to my room to take a nice warm shower. I really needed one. I opened the door to my room and almost shouted. He was lying across my bed, bare chested, and playing with the rose in his fingers. He was getting real creepy. 

"Do you mind?! There's a thing called privacy!" I yelled at him. Luckily Trishna had drowned herself in some loud music, so she couldn't hear me. I shut the door hard behind me. "If you think being a creep is going to make me fall in over with you again, then you are wrong!" I said.

"Me? A creep?" He laughed. Then he approached and circled around me. "Then how should I go about making you fall for me again?" He seized me by the waist. My heartbeat quickened again.

"I...you...just stop...stop pestering me right now." I said. But he didn't listen. 

"Your heart wants otherwise." He said. I lost control over myself again, and found him lingering near my neck, where he soon left a wet kiss. And I liked it for some reason, I was so shameless. 

"You can't win my heart so easily. I might have been naive before, but not now." I said. "Not to mention you want to possess my soul." That was the most freaky part. 

"I tried and failed, love. Had it have been successful, we would've been together for eternity by now. You would've been bound to me, making it so that no one could separate us." 

"Why? Why me? Why not some other girl?" 

"Because you are the only one who made me experience this emotion called love." He said. "I never want you to leave my side. These 200 years chained in hell was nothing compared to how much I missed you, how much I wanted you near me." 

That silenced me. He didn't do much except hold me in his arms. Who knew that a demon could fall in love as well? These supernatural creatures seemed completely bogus and made up. I didn't believe it until that night. 

"Why are you so quiet, love?" He caressed my cheek with his fingers. 

"No reason. Can you leave now? Please?" I had finally been polite to him. 

"Alright. And I won't bother you as much now. I can see I'm irritating to you." He said. He let go of my waist and tucked the shimmering rose into my hair. I felt bad, and also felt a little crazy. 

"Good night, my beautiful princess." He said. As usual he vanished into thin air. 

I stood there silent for a few minutes, wondering what the heck was happening to me, in just a short span of time. I turned to look in the mirror, especially at the rose. It glowed a bright red in the dark room, with tinges of deep crimson red. It matched his eye color. 

His eyes...I could see them everywhere. I felt like I was hallucinating. They made such a mark on me that I couldn't ignore it. I decided to join Trishna, who was now watching a movie. 

"Hey Madhu. Didn't take your shower?" She looked confused. I looked down at myself, realizing that I had, in fact, forgotten to take my shower.

"I...uh...decided not to. Besides, I rather watch the movie with you." I deviated off topic. "Where's the popcorn?" I asked. 

"In the microwave. Just popped it in a few seconds ago." I nodded and plopped down on the couch. An action movie was playing. 

I tried to watch the movie, but I was focused on RK. I was staring blankly at one spot on the screen. I could feel his touches and kisses all over me. I rubbed my hand on my neck uncomfortably. I fell back and snuggled with a soft throw pillow, trying my best to keep him out of my head. 

(RK's POV)

I picked up the necklace that I snatched from her drawer in my hand. I had to try again. I had to mark my claim on her soul. No one, not even her soulmate could take it for themselves. She was my mate. I would protect her no matter what got in my way. 

"Once you fall for me once again, I will succeed in making you mine for the rest of eternity." I said to myself, dangling the necklace in front of my face. I was reminded of how fond she was of it. It was her favorite necklace. 

I then realized that master wouldn't be so happy with my decision. He had punished me for falling for a human. But this time he wouldn't break me with a threat of hurting her, instead he would do worse. He had warned me. 

(Flashback) 
(Writer's POV)

"Rishabh, I'm letting you go back to the mortal world. But kind this, if you ever make relations with them, especially that girl...then you will have to face the consequences. And they will be extremely grave." 

"What more can you do to punish me?" He said, laughing a little. 

"We will kill her. And not just that, we'll make sure that her soul is never reborn. It will be locked away, far away from you." He said. Rishabh snarled. Dare anyone touch his beloved. 

(End of flashback..)

I had to do my work quick. Once her soul was bound to me, they couldn't take her. She would live as an immortal under my protection. I laughed to myself. Master thought he was smart enough, but I was far ahead of him. I was too powerful for him, and he knew that. If only he didn't surround himself with his cronies, I would've taken him down already. 

I ventured to her house and watched her from a distance. She was watching a movie with her friend. She looked so happy and cheerful. I missed that ethereal smile of hers. I vowed to myself that I would do everything in my power to protect her and give her the happiest life she could imagine. I would love her like no other.

simply.meghana thumbnail

Chapter 10
(Madhu's POV) 

I was forced to walk home from class today as Trishna was getting her scooter fixed today. The damn thing broke down  at the worst time ever. It was getting dark and cold. Every rustle in the forest nearby freaked me out. I clutched the books close to me chest and kept walking, praying that I would reach home soon. 

I passed a group of young guys who seemed slightly drunk. They cast lustful glances at me and whistles. I began to walk faster. They began to follow. My breathing and pulse became quick and I began to panic.

"Hey beautiful, where are you going?" One called. He sounded relatively sober. I kept walking.

I decided to bolt when I got a safe distance away from them. I picked up my pace and began to run. They ran as well. I jumped down into the forest nearby, running and hiding as they all searched for me. I thought they had ran past me eventually, but one was hanging around in close proximity. I ran into him, not realizing it, and he seized me by the wrist, taking out a pocket knife and flipping it open. 

"Let's have some fun shall we?" He sneered, dragging the blade across my arm. I shrieked in pain. Blood was gushing out, weakening me slowly. I tried to free myself, but his grip only got tighter. I then yelled at the top of my lungs, the name of that person who I would have never called before.

"Rishabh!" I screamed. My clothes were getting torn in the struggle and by that man himself. No...It can't end like this...

(RK's POV)

I heard her screams loud and clear. I travelled to where she was. I could sense her from anywhere. No one would be spared. Absolutely no one. I would destroy them.

I appeared from the thick shadows in front of her. She was holding herself, covering her bare skin with the torn cloth of her garments. A large gash extended towards the lengths of her arm and she was crying profusely. Until she saw me. 

The man in front of her was wielding a knife. I touched my hand on his back and began to exert my control over his body. There was no need to possess him completely. I made myself visible to him. 

"You touched my beloved, time to die." I said into his ear. He tried to turn around, but I kept him from in his place, paralyzed. "No one could dare touch her while I'm in her life." I hissed. Fear arose in the form of his quickened heartbeat and breaths. 

I started by making him cut himself. He screamed as he tried to regain control of his arm. 

"That's nothing. Wait till the real fun begins." I smirked, standing in front of him. His eyes grew wide in fear as he stared into mine. I crushed each bone slowly, watching his face contort and hearing his painful cries. Madhu covered her ears in disgust and closed her eyes. Each bone broke with a loud snap. Blood was oozing from his entire body, his pulse so fast that the blood flowed quickly out of his system. I contorted my fingers, to stop his heart from beating. The shadow trapped his heart, the same shadow which I was controlling. 

"Grand finale." I said. I sparked a small flame in the center of my palm. Waving my hand over him, his body caught on fire, the flames consuming him within minutes. The wind blew the ash away. 

I turned to Madhu, who was cowered in fear and disgust. Dried tears and blood stained her beautiful features. I kneeled down next to her and took her cut arm. Her breathing was shallow and her eyes fluttered, fighting the incoming unconsciousness. I healed every inch of the wound. She had lost a lot of blood in the process. I placed my hand over her heart and transferred my energy to her. In no time, her breathing returned to normal and she could open her eyes. Her lost blood would be replaced in no time. 

"Rishabh...you...you..." I placed my finger over her lips. 

"Shhh...you're weak, love. Don't speak." I said. It was the first time I heard her say my name willingly. I picked her up and held her against my chest. I teleported her home, holding her tight to make sure she was still with me. 

We arrived in her bedroom. I carried to her bed and tucked her in the covers. I put her to sleep. I turned to leave out the window when suddenly I felt her hand still holding tightly to mine. It brought a small smile to my face. She was getting attached to me again. I kneeled down in front of her and kissed her. 

"I'm always here to protect you, always here to love you. No matter what I am, my love for you will never diminish." 

I tucked the red rose under her resting palm. After admiring her beauty for just a moment, I left from there. 

(Madhu's POV)

I woke up to find the rose tucked neatly under my hand. I felt much better from last night. I remembered Rishabh saving my life. Just like before, only a little more brutal. But he did save me. I was surprised with my own behavior. He was the first one I remembered in my crisis. It was like I already knew that he would always be there to protect me. I saw how enraged he was when he saw me in that state, because of that man. 

My hand went to my lips. His taste lingered there still. I brushed my hair back and twirled the rose in my fingers. It glowed brightly only when I touched it. I brought it to my nose and inhaled its sweet scent. 

My quiet moment was interrupted when Trishna opened the door and walked towards me. She looked confused and embarrassed. 

"What's wrong Trishna?" I asked.

"Nothing. Just making sure you were okay. You were talking very loudly in your sleep last night." She said, trying to suppress a laugh.

"What? What was I saying?" I hoped and prayed I didn't say anything I shouldn't have.

"You are calling Rishabh. You know that guy, at the party...Rishabh Kundra aka RK ." She paused. "Something like asking him to stay with you..." Then she scratched her head. "I don't know what else. I was so exhausted and confused that I didn't even make the effort to see what you were blabbering about." 

"Oh...ummm..." I said, biting my lip. 

"You must be confused as I am. Oh well, let's just move on and get on with our day." She pulled me out of bed.

I rubbed my sleepy eyes and got ready. Trishna and I had planned a day at the park today, as it was going to be sunny after a while. I put on my best spring dress and flats. 

"Let's go Trishna!" I called. She hobbled over on one foot, trying to put her shoe on the other. 

"I'm coming! Hold on!" She said. 

We reached the park shortly after. It was a nice sunny day, odd but wonderful in the wintertime. Trishna went to go buy some ice cream nearby. Meanwhile, I took a seat on the bench overlooking a vast pond. In front of me was a a couple. They looked so deep in love, teasing each other and cuddling. I smiled to myself, seeing them. 

"We were just like that, remember?" A voice said behind me. I jumped, startled. Rishabh was standing behind me. And this time he was visible to everyone. How did I know? Trishna had come back with the ice cream and said:

"Hi Mr. Kundra!"

"Oh please...call me RK.." He said, smiling at me.

simply.meghana thumbnail

Chapter 11
(Madhu's POV) 

"Mind if I join you two?" Rishabh asked. I was more used to Rishabh than RK. Odd. I chewed nervously on my bottom lip. It would be one awkward day. Trishna smiled wide and nodded her head. We sat together one the bench, Trishna ushering him to sit next to me. She shot me a wink and sat down on the opposite side. Rishabh looked at me. His eyes were a deep black instead of the piercing crimson red.  It was odd, seeing him like this. He snuck his hand on top of mine. My fingers curled in defense. Luckily Trishna didn't notice. She kept licking away at the ice cream cone. Mine was melting, and I had lost my appetite.

"Are you going to eat that?" Trishna piped in. I shook my head and thrust the melting, chocolaty mess into her waiting hand.  

"Thanks." She noticed the awkwardness between Rishabh and I and snickered to herself.

"I'm going to go...you know...clean up a little. I'll just be back." Oh no...

"Trishna wait!" I yelled at her, but she had already sprinted off. Rishabh chuckled. 

"So sweet of your friend. She wants us to spend time together." He grabbed my hand again.

"Sit." He said politely. I forced myself to sit down after engaging in conflict with myself on whether I should bolt when I could. 

It was quiet between the two of us. Rishabh looked at me admiringly. Looking for the perfect opportunity, he leaned in and kissed me on the cheek. I blushed and my hand shot up to my cheek. 

"Did I ever tell you that you look even more beautiful when you blush?" He asked. 

"No...actually...Do you really think so?" I blurted my inner thoughts to him. He smirked. Meanwhile I was cursing myself in my head. 

"Of course, my princess." He cupped my face. I felt him move closer to my face, leaning in for the kiss. My lips quivered and my face grew hot.  He made sure I wouldn't back out, because I had no control over my body any longer. He crushed his lips on mine and wrapped an arm around my waist. I found myself kissing him back, for the first time too. 

*Madhu! What the hell are you doing?! You're in a public place!* My conscious screamed at me. I pushed away, gasping for breath. Luckily the kiss wasn't too passionate, otherwise I'd get kicked by old women telling me to have some shame in public. I didn't want to get kicked. 

"What happened?" He asked.

"Nothing. There are people around." I hissed under my breath.

"So what?" He said. "Do I look like I care?" 

I shot him the most evil, piercing glare in the history of glares. He simply laughed.

"You make me fall for you even more...Madhu." I stared at him,  surprised. It was the first time he didn't call me princess, love, or Madhubala. Unconsciously, a small smile appeared on my face. I bit my lip to suppress it. 

"I finally made you smile." He said. "After such a long time, I got to see such a priceless smile, even if it was a small one." 

"Thank...you." I said. It was rare that I got such a genuine compliment. Other guys just said that to impress me. I blushed again.

"I must go now. Tell your friend that it was nice meeting her." He caressed my cheek. "Bye." 

I watched him till he disappeared from view. He turned back and blew me a kiss before departing. Trishna then decided to come back from her long journey. 

"Where the hell were you?" I asked her, tapping my foot. 

"Oh me?! Well, I went to clean up from your ice cream mess, and then I bumped into an old friend, so I...chatted with her for a while."

"Yep...sure you did." I said. She laughed and hugged me.

"Sorry buddy. I had to do it. I saw the spark between you two right from that party. You two looks so cute together." I blushed again. Trishna laughed.

"See? You like him..." She teased. I elbowed her in the stomach. "Okay, let's finish what we came for." She slung her arm around my shoulders and we explored the park for the rest of the day.

At the end, we watched the sunset. I witnessed a flashback of myself, back in that time, watching the sunset. I was waiting for Rishabh. I suddenly wanted him with me again. I was expecting him to show up after the sun went down. Would he? Maybe he would...he would know that I was thinking of him.

simply.meghana thumbnail

Chapter 12
(Madhu's POV)

Do I love him? That was my only question. I may have loved him in the past, but things were much different. I was not the same girl that he saw. I was a normal girl, not a princess. I was more practical, not hopelessly emotional. I was Madhu, not Madhubala. But I did want love. My heart and soul loved him immensely, but I couldn't accept that. Why? I hugged one of the throw pillows on the couch and buried my face in it. I felt a cool sensation brush against my nape, making my hairs stand on end. I turned around frantically, expecting him to be there. He wasn't. Or maybe he was, but he was hiding. Waiting for my answer.

Would I have to leave my whole life behind...just to join him in the realm of immortality? I would dread the day. I couldn't just leave my friends, my future, behind. A lone tear escaped my eye. I looked at Trishna, who was dancing away to her music while cooking. I could never leave her behind, she was like a sister to me. I bit my lip to avoid sobbing uncontrollably. That's when I felt the sensation again, and this time he was here. He kneeled in front of me and began to wipe my tears. 

"Don't cry my love. I hate to see you upset." I let him console me, but I didn't say anything. He sighed. "I know you are in conflict with your emotions. I can feel it."

"Really?" I said sarcastically. He backed off, seeing my expression. "How can I ever be happy? I can't sacrifice my entire life just to be with you!" My voice began to get louder, until I realized that Trishna could hear me. I toned it down a bit.

"Who said you will have to sacrifice your life? I won't let that happen. Of course you will be immortal, but you will still be here, living with your loved ones." I let more tears escape as he attempted to wipe each one. "I'm not that selfish." He said. "Even if I have to stay in my human form, I will do it for you."

I stared at him. His eyes pierced into mine again, this time they were filled with concern and anguish. 

"We're not meant for each other." I said, my voice more icy than normal.

"I'll break all the rules, just to be with you." He took my hand and kissed it.

"What if you lose me?" I asked.

"That day will never come. You go, I follow." He simply replied. "Nothing will separate us."

He paused. 

"I will wait till midnight for your answer." He said, then taking steps backward till he vanished. 

Trishna and I ate dinner mostly in silence. I was playing with my food, my mind on what answer I'd give him. 

"Madhu, why aren't you eating?" 

"Huh?" I said, broken from my trance. "Oh...I...I wasn't feeling that hungry..." 

"Or is it anything else?" She looked at me suspiciously. 

"No Trishna...it's nothing." I looked her straight in the eye.

"Whatever you say." She shrugged.

I went up to bed early, giving an excuse of a headache. I sat down on the bed and glanced at the clock. I had 3 hours till midnight. I crumpled the bed sheet in my fists. I couldn't think of a proper answer. Conflict was constantly hindering my success. My love for him had existed all these years within my soul. But how could our love work? He wasn't even human, he was never human. He was created a demon, never to experience pure emotion, let alone love. How did I change him? What was so special about me? 

I clutched my head in frustration about all the voices in my head. Time past quickly, and in no time, the clock struck twelve. Just as I had expected, he appeared before me. 

"What is your answer Madhu? Will you be mine again?"

"First answer me. Why did you wait 200 years for me?" He sighed. 

"Because...I wanted you. I loved you too much to stay away." He began to say, as he closed the distance between us. Tears ran down my cheeks. "You are the only human girl who had interested me. Your ethereal beauty, your unique personality, the beautiful soul I saw within you, your pure aura, everything." 

He suddenly appeared behind me. His cold lips grazed my bare shoulder. I shuddered. He then pulled down the strap to my nightie and slowly placed kisses on every inch of my skin. He snuck his hand up my nightie and caressed my stomach. I fell back into his embrace and melted. His hand moved up and caressed my bosom sensuously. My back arched, but then he pulled me down and locked his arm around my waist. 

He whispered into my ear.

"Your answer?" He asked. 

I hesitated at first. But I finally did admit to myself that I, in fact, did want to be his again. With quivering lips, I mouthed my answer.

"Yes...I do..." 

"That's just what I was waiting to hear." He lifted my chin and placed a soft, yet passionate kiss on my lips. And I found myself kissing him back. His hand moved down just a little to be just between my chest and stomach. 

"Now let's try this again, shall we?" He said. 

I watched as a dark shadow traveled through his arm. I suddenly felt a strong burn in my skin, underneath his hand. He was possessing my soul again. 

"Aaa..." I moaned in pain. My breathing and heart rate increased. 

"Almost done, love. Almost there." He said. 

I soon felt a shock, jolting my body back. I felt extremely weak, but he held me up in his embrace. 

"Finally, I have bound myself to you. You are now immortal, and we are inseparable." He said, lying me carefully down in bed. He laid down next to me.

"Are...are...you staying?" I said, out of breath.

"Of course I am. I can't leave you behind when you are this weak." He kissed my forehead. 

"I can't move." I said.

"Soon you will. Once you replenish your strength. Don't worry Madhu, I won't let anything happen to you."

He put me to sleep, but I could still feel his presence in my unconsciousness. He didn't leave my side for the rest of the night.