Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cinthiann1758 thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

I can't stop crying! I lau you, dammit!

We all know what the show, the Blast and the actors mean to us but you girls can not even imagine what you mean to me.
There has not been a day in 2 years or more that we have not "spoken" to each other in some form, that is more than I speak to my own family (siblings).
I thank Doc and Risha from the bottom of my heart for beginning BFTP and Faiqa, the first of the Blasters that I met on FB.  She told me to come and join her for she met girls as crazy for the show as we were.  She told me they were writing reviews and discussing the show and my heart needed that. 
In the beginning my takes were short and sweet, I was just testing the waters and when I finally dove in I found that I could find a title for each episode.  So I decided to name the episodes with titles and then revolved my writing around that.  It was so much fun trying to figure out the title and then I was so proud as Supriya would make a collage to the title of the episode.  It was such an amazing feeling.  
You girls have made me brave...An older woman of Italian descent made to feel like I was born an Indian ladki (past life) and filled me with the love of creative writing and here I am years later even writing fan fiction.
No words need to be said about IPK because we all feel, know and lived and breathe it...it doesn't leave us.  What is truly special is us...is here, how the Divine has brought us all together from all over the world to bond, love and create!  Soul sisters united in Blast From the Past on our 2nd Blasterversary! I lau you all!! Dammit!

Credit to Ravali for middle picture and all uploaders
Edited by cinthiann1758 - 9 years ago
kizh72 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Some years back, I remember a well known travel magazine featured a list of best gathering places from around the world. The reason it caught my attention was it had an Irish Pub from the city in the Middleeast where I was living then! Well,today if someone asked me to compile a list like that, the BFTP thread would be at the very top. Can't think of a better place to hangout and be ajeeb as much as you want! Can't thank the people behind the thread enough. Its much appreciated.

aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Sorry for the super long post.. 

I joined you all a year late, but you all have been extremely welcoming and warm. Thank you. You all have become such an integral part of my life that its not funny dammit.. and I have said this before , but am so extremely jealous I missed out that first fun year with you all..

Katelyn - All my favourite gifs in one mega blasterversary gif.. beautiful.. the depth of feeling you create is a work of art.. and all your links and downloads and recommended vms make our lives even more high def.. thanks a lot..
Supriya - gorgeous sparkly teri meri collage.. like clock work you come online and post the episodes for us.. thank you..

Indi52 - I loved the neruda sonnet you quoted.. thank you for writing about IPK.. each time your words touch my heart, make me smile and also inspire me in immeasurable ways.. and like I have said before, your holi takes were the ones that made me join IF and post on BFTP.. thank you again for all that you do and the excitement you bring with you.. I am having some of the best times fangurling over that besharm sorceror with that exquisite anger with you. my friend indi di.. haha all my friends family know you by name now.. and I still feel thrilled when I say this phrase to myself.. 

DurgaS - Your each poem becomes a contender for my favourite poem spot.. this one is lovely.. I have laughed so much at your witty posts and even started thinking in rhyme thanks to you.. and your careful documentation of IF writers, posts makes it available in single places for everyone on the internet. It made my life easy and wonderful when I wanted to read the threads and had not thought of being a member yet. And thank you specially for encouraging me to make an index of my takes. It gave me a whole lot of encouragement.

ArshiHamesha - The bhul na jana VM is very very nice.. loved your editing.. it really seemed to match the rhythm of my heartbeat.. reading your insightful take of love and finding those intricacies in IPK always make me appreciate everyone involved in the show even more. its been a blast to share this madness for a show with you.. you are earnest and fun.. in my mind you are like asr..ofcourse you say you have khushi in you too.. sure all that vishwas.. i wish fervently you get more time to come back here..

BarunDiwani - I had to call you that ami because that's another important reason I joined IF. That drool corner..haha first I made a face and thought disdainfully.. drool over a hero..really? then I saw some more episodes and your pics and knew it was just the right name.. and your witty reviews of them.. I read and reread.. diwali is my favourite from the lot.. and how much I have laughed at your comments to others specially on those initial threads.. Thank you barundiwani for all the drools and laughter you brought to my life..

Wiwy - R I still don't know why you call yourself wiwy? is there a story? But I do know that even when I didn't know any of you i would sit in front of my laptop trying to decipher your riddles.. my favourite was the black saree was the luckiest out of red and green.. hahaha.. you have been so warm and fun and mature and mellow and motherly as well.. Thank youuu

cinthiann1758 - The first person to comment on my very first take.. and the person who inspired me to start my blog.. your are positive and kind and I love your love for love.. haha.. and when my sentences get too complicated, have too many commas, and I lose track of what am really trying to say, I read your reviews and think how easily and beautifully you can express yourself.. thank you Cynthia di.

Horizon - I just love the thoughts you bring to the thread. your poetry, perception, I learn from everything.. have enjoyed your take on ASR immensely.. so when you compliment me or say you missed me on the thread that makes it even more special for me.. thanks a lot. it is actually an honour to be able to share IPK with you..

Javeria3991 - I will always remember that you were the first person to welcome and PM me about the picture I was trying to post..I was so nervous really that day.. thank you dear.. your sweet sensibility and love for Khushi and Arnav is a delight to experience.. even when I bother you for specific fanfics you always respond.. I can't wait to see you write your own story.. 

Sohara - I have had the most fun just reading your posts.. your holi takes are my favourite.. and I look forward to your comments on my takes because they always make me laugh so much.. haha you are a riot of fun and good common sense.. And in the older BFTP threads when you and all your sautens met together sometimes I have almost cried thinking why I wasn't there to take part in the conversation.. Thank you for making the BFTP threads this lively..

Issk - you will surely come.. I am in awe of how you can make me laugh till my sides hurt and then say the most profound things.. and sometimes expertly manage to mix the two too.. you are like this mytical being really..its an absolute blast whenever you are around.. bahute thank you ladki..

MehreenB - I would always read posts from this girl who usually came and always commented on faiqa di's posts and sometimes others as well. And you would bring different perceptions and it would all make sense. we started of as same color sisters.. then i came to know you are also a big Barun fan and give the most lovely comments on fanfics.. its a pleasure to meet up with you here mehreen.. 

Kizh - For a long time I was the new girl and then you came along.. hehe thank you.. I always feel like we are partners in crime trying to stalk all of Indi di's posts.. and specially now that sometimes the thread feels quiet I feel reassured to see you silently like everything that is being said and sometimes chime in with that intense love for IPK.. am so glad you are here.. don't dare go anywhere..samjhi tum?

In case I missed anyone I know here.. trust me.. out of my 18 waking hours I must be thinking about you for 19 hours for sure.. 
Edited by aarwen - 9 years ago
aarwen thumbnail
I just realized something that is making me very sad.
Since a google search no longer gives an IPK episode, there cannot be another aarwen who will go crazy watching the show online.. google about the show and come upon BFTP, spend more nights reading through the posts.. finally make an IF account and post on our BFTP thread.. she won't dare to write a long review, learn pixlr editing, make vms and finally post a fanfiction.. she won't start talking in silly poetry, start an FB account, join twitter.. feel confident enough to go crazy over a TV actor.. make unforgettable memories here..

but the saddest part is she won't get to experience the magic of a beautiful love story.. she won't know why we are talking about fark parta hai.. why jilebis, bluetooth, seatbelts are important.. she won't know why we add a dammit to our confession of love.. why we swear a little.. swoon a lot.. talk in cryptic makiss.. watch rewatch talk retalk about the same scene again again again hamesha.. she won't know of the real teri meri with ASR and Khushi.. what we feel when we look at the stars in the sky.. why our ringtones play rabba ve.. she won't telepathy is for real.. she won't know why we don't really care.. iss pyaar ko kya naam doon?.. but care about this TV show so much..
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
^^^

was good reading all of you...

kizh, i so like that comparison with great places to gather at... i love coming here to chill. who says places have to exist in ad for them to count as real. plus here we have flying swimming pools... and op.

rhea, your very long post was over too soon. i am so glad new people have come to blast over the years... yeah... years... what the. yeah, just great to see that blast is still relevant and speaks to peope even now.

wiwy ladki, right you are, if ipk had not ended, there's be no blast, we wouldn't meet and become pagal together, that would have been a tragedy... so yeah, in a way good ipk ended. heck no... nahiiin. never ever should ipk have ended and trust me, we'd have met and blast would still exist, because dm had already decide nothing would come in the way of this dori. d'you understand? 😆

cyn, awww my italian american crazy ladki friend... can't tell you what fun it has been chatting with you and especially being fifteen together. so glad fiaqa found you and you traipsed across. that title search of yoyrs for every episode, fabulous... distils the 22 minutes to its essence... love it.

aarwen thumbnail

Originally posted by: kizh72

Some years back, I remember a well known travel magazine featured a list of best gathering places from around the world. The reason it caught my attention was it had an Irish Pub from the city in the Middleeast where I was living then! Well,today if someone asked me to compile a list like that, the BFTP thread would be at the very top. Can't think of a better place to hangout and be ajeeb as much as you want! Can't thank the people behind the thread enough. Its much appreciated.

Kizh.. love this thought.. you know I actually become scary ASR when my husband mentions going out somewhere.. haha now he has learnt this is the place i want to hang around..
viv04 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wow second anniversary, what an achievement! Blasters, your endless love and passion for IPK, the thread and each other is heartening. You are a talented, high spirited and warm hearted bunch. I had so much fun interacting with you and will always cherish this special opportunity. Yay fabulous thread! Congratulations! Love and best wishes to all!
BarunDiwani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
awww NOSTALIGIA!!!!!!

What to say for such a special milestone...BFTP emerged at a time when the thread was in turmoil...in the midst of ashes of a very disappointing end to our beautiful show after a long fight to atleast get that...and all the bashing  that was happeningon the thread...Doc and Risha created a diamond. 
Cant thank them enough for it.

IPK has given me so much and BFTP   is a beautiful extension of it. writing here has always been theraputic, and on top of that, meeting all of you has been the biggest blessing. you all know how much you mean to me! lau you guys!!!!!
i do  feel a little bad b/c AD has taken me away from here, and disturbed my school of IPK schooling...I guess i'm a dropout😆  but  it always feels like home wheni come here. I'm sure you guys mehsoos me even when i don't get to come, b/c a part of me is always here!

Happy Blasterversary!!!!

In Di, first of all, thank you for reminding me that it was indeed two years! and as always, the opening is beautifully written! this

RES
Edited by BarunDiwani - 9 years ago
indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: viv04

Wow second anniversary, what an achievement! Blasters, your endless love and passion for IPK, the thread and each other is heartening. You are a talented, high spirited and warm hearted bunch. I had so much fun interacting with you and will always cherish this special opportunity. Yay fabulous thread! Congratulations! Love and best wishes to all!

hi viv,

great to see you... i used to really enjoy your short visits and chats... thank you for dropping in. hope all well. take care.

indi52 thumbnail

sorry, right now there's no way to access my vms because the kahani of blocking continues. maybe some day good sense will prevail and fans will be allowed to express their joy with a completely non commercial yet utterly precious piece of work... no matter what, i shall always have the emotional copyright for iss pyaar ko... so will you. and nothing can infringe upon it... for it stays in the dil... a fabulous vm... hamesha 😳

this vm came to me out of nowhere as i listened to a song that i didn't understand. do the best things come to us like that? that "nahin understand," she said, i am in that state usually when i quietly lose it while watching asr and khushi. i don't think, i don't judge, i just am. stuck... pinned to the sensation.

my dear friends, i hope you enjoy it... to all that we don't understand but keeps calling us. takes us higher. happy blasterversary.

i will post the translation of the song later... i have read it, once, and forgotten it. that forgetting added to my joy while making the vm... i just heard the sound and felt the light and heat, didn't bother too much with the why when where... followed my breath as it became thicker, then rode my ears. please push the volume up if you need to and watch on hd, kisskiss.
Edited by indi52 - 9 years ago