Article:Amar upaday--about viraasat

anishma24 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

< name="selZoom" value="100" ="">
You've been missing from the small screen for a while.. Yeah, I was away for a month shooting for my Bhojpuri film. I've just returned and heard that Viraasat is going off air. I don't know how true this is but that's the buzz around. But didn't it just get an extension? Nothing's clear right now. I know that Rohit Roy quit the show and the shoots weren't happen- ing. Everything's quite messed up. The serial started off with a big bang. What do you think went wrong? Yes, initially the response was great. But then it's all up to the production house and the channel. An actor doesn't have a say in this matter. Do you think Rohit Roy's exit is the reason why this hap- pened? What? No way! How could his leaving affect the show? How was your equation with Aman Verma and Rohit Roy? I thought there would be clashes with Rohit but it turned out to be quite the opposite. The same goes for Aman. Are you looking at any more dailies? Well, there are offers.. but I'm very busy with my Bhojpuri films right now. What's happening with your production house, Friday Films? I'm producing a film but nothing has been finalised as yet. I may or may not act in it. Has Ravi Chopra offered you a role? There were talks a few months ago, but nothing has materialised yet. Will you be doing any more shows with Balaji Telefilms? I haven't approached them for work. But if they come up with some- thing, I will think about it. What do you think about Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi's new look? Ektaa is doing a good job. It's not easy to maintain a show for eight long years. It's looking good. Gau- tami is fantastic and Ronit is doing great as well. I think he suits the 50-year-old character.

www.bodhtree.com