Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Disenchanted- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
Chapter 36

Samrat separated them both, "You're not children anymore to fight like this. Stop it Rudra! Let him go before you kill him." Mohini scolded them too, "What has he done that you are beating him so badly? Have you lost your minds?" Rudra tells her that her son is the one who has lost his mind and interfering in his affairs. Sumer looked on wondering what story he is going to cook up. "Why couldn't you just tell Aman that I was a horrible person I am like the article said?" he yelled at his cousin. Sumer understood that added that this is proof that he was the one who had lost his mind and would have lost his job too, if he hadn't spoken up for him. He then went on to explain how Rudra had given an interview about the baraat case exonerating Paro and then Tejawat's men were going to publish another article glorifying their Thakur and making Rudra and the BSD as the enemy of the people. Dilsher and Danveer who had rushed in hearing the commotion were shocked to hear this. They knew better than anyone what he put her through just to hold on to his uniform, now he was ready to put his career on the line for her. Rudra responded that he knew what to do, this is important and Sumer ruined it. Samrat asked "If Paro comes to know about this how would she feel? You did this to clear her name isn't it, what if they write more about her? Are you willing to take that chance? Isn't it enough that people are talking about it you want the press involved too. Banna, you can't control how people think. You should be happy that Sumer helped to sort things out before they get out of hand. Instead.." He didn't continue as he noticed the expression on his cousin's face. Dilsher agreed with his nephew and advised his son to let it go and hope that get something new to gossip about soon. Mohini tried to wipe off the blood from her son's bruised face, he winced. "At some point you should learn to stay out of his way. You know how emotional he gets when it comes to Parvati beendani. He doesn't bother to think just reacts" she reprimanded him.

Rudra turned to leave when he saw Maithili at the doorway. She had a devastated look on her face, "Devarsa, Paro..," she stopped in her tracks immediately guessing that he knew. Dilsher rushed to her hoping that the girl was alright. "You should be the one to inform them, bhabhisa," he said sternly. All of them wondered if there was a new setback in the Rudra-Paro love story. "What happened bhaisa? Bhabhisa isn't saying anything, you tell us yourself," asked Sunheri curiously. Rudra replied that Paro has decided that he doesn't matter to her so he has to stay away from this for his own sanity's sake. "Devarsa, how can you say that? You know how much she cares about you. She hero worships you" Maithili defended her sister. That's the problem Rudra replied, he was the hero who is always there to save her not the man she wants to spend her life with. He stormed out of the room without explaining any further. "Why won't she spend her life with him, she is our bhabhisa isn't she?" Sunheri asked confused with his words. Mohini turned to her daughter-in-law who elaborated that someone from Mumbai was coming to seek Paro's hand in marriage. The entire family was shocked by the news. Danveer understood why Sumer was getting beaten up for such a stupid reason. Who gets angry with their brother when he tries to help, even Rudra can't be that unreasonable. "Bhaisa, we must talk to Singh Sir. If they are looking for a groom for Paro, why not Rudra. They might me thinking that we don't approve of her as we haven't approached them." Mohini felt that won't help, "No, we are not going to talk to anyone about this yet. We don't know what has happened between Rudra and Paro for this situation to arise. Beendani, talk to her and find out why she has decided to take this step. Sunheri go to the kitchen and prepare a salve of turmeric for your brother. Bhaisa, you need to talk to Rudra. Samrat, stay away from Rudra, I don't want him to hit you next." She was sure something drastic had to have occurred for Parvati to doubt Rudra's affections. They couldn't help the situation until either Rudra calms down and tells them or Paro panics and tells her sister. "I'll come with you bhaisa, lets talk to Rudra banna together" Danveer offered. Mohini gave him a look to back off, the boy needed his father.

Meanwhile at Jaipur, Paro was still distraught. Talking to her Maithili jeeja didn't help with her dilemma. Her sister was to shocked to say anything, she had simply asked what she really wanted. She didn't have an answer, she just wanted Rudra to be happy. But he looked anything but happy when he left. He looked lifeless, did he really feel like he had lost his soul when he was away from her the way her Nandu jeeja had said. There was a knock followed by Geethanjali's voice at the door, "Paro, can I come in?" She sat down next to her niece and offered her a cup of tea and pakoras. "No Maasiji, I don't feel like eating anything", she declined. But her aunt insisted and added that it had been so long since they just had a nice chat over tea. Paro relented and had a few bites, "You think I'm making a big mistake, I feel the same way." Her aunt smiled and continued to listen as she told how she was misguided into believing that Rudra belonged to someone else. "So you decided to leave him alone. But beta, you have known him for almost a year now. You have even lived with him and his family. How often has this Laila met with him and spent time with him? Isn't it possible that she is pursuing him and he doesn't care for her that way? Why didn't you talk with him? What were you worried about, worst case he would have confirmed your doubts. But that's not the only reason is it?" she asked the young woman in front of her.

"No, that was the main reason but not the only reason, I thought you didn't approve. Maasaji was so angry that day and then sent him off. After that nobody spoke of him at all. It was as if he was not welcome in our lives anymore. I have never been lucky to have relationships that last long. My parents died when I was eight and my uncle soon after. And recently I lost my aunt too because I stood up to Tejawat. My heart told me it was the right thing to do but my Mamisa paid the price for it. I don't want to loose you too because I followed my heart. I don't want to choose him if it displeases you" she confided. Her aunt leaned in and gave her a hug, "You will never loose us for following your heart. Your uncle and I actually intended to discuss marriage between the two of you with Dilsherji. But when you got upset about Rudra not letting you meet your sister, we decided not to say anything. Your uncle felt that he was getting confused whether you are his friend or his witness and making decisions without consulting you. And then he gave that interview and it was clear that how much you were affecting his life" she clarified. But her words made her feel worse, his love for her lead him to put his job on the line, something he valued more than his life. Didn't that mean me she was wrong for him, that she was an impediment to his success. "Paro, don't blame yourself for that. He has become a calmer and more focussed person after he met you. It shows in his actions. Yes, he is still impulsive but he has better control over his temper than before. And he must have put a lot of thought before giving that interview, he didn't take this step the first time someone spoke ill of you, did he? He waited till he couldn't tolerate it anymore. Even the words used were of a rational officer who knew what he was doing and is confident that his hard work and dedication will bring him success. As for your uncle, he hates the fact that the boy wears his heart on his sleeve and reacts instantly rather than respond cautiously. This will always be a problem between them. Rudra hasn't learnt how to channel his emotions and make them his strength still. But you can teach him that, your uncle's firm hand didn't help maybe your gentle touch might. Ok, now tell me why Padmini Sisodia thinks you want to marry her nephew."

Dilsher saw his son staring at a glass of whiskey sitting on his bed. He took it away from him but Rudra didn't bother to argue. "What did you do to force her into this decision?" he asked. His son glared at him, why was this his fault. "Is she upset with you because you kept news of her sister from her?" he prodded. No, he shook his head, he made sure she could talk to her sister. The trouble was while he was away Laila had spoken to her. He shut his eyes, "I knew that dancer will cause trouble. I told you the first time I saw her, but did you listen. No! And now you have lost Parvati because of her." Rudra was not in the mood for a lecture, how was he to know that Paro will come along and she would be affected by this. Dilsher sat down next to him and gently asked, "how much does she know?" His son shrugged his shoulders and replied that he was too scared to find out. He lay his head on his father's lap and told him that Paro is too innocent in the ways of men, he didn't want her to find out this way. Dilsher brushed the hair of his forehead and said, "Talk to her, Rudra." He looked into his father's eyes and asked "How do I explain this, whatever respect she has for me will be destroyed. She will think I'm this animal who used Laila. She stills calls me Jallad, but now its to tease me. If I tell her the truth, I'll go back to being that cold-hearted monster whom she hated, won't I?" There was no answer, Dilsher just guided his son's head back to lap. The father knew his son needed him but all his years never taught him how to fix his only child's broken heart.

neet2407 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
lovely chapter Ritu - the fallout gets worse - Paro dying of guilt - Rudra in pain - regretting his past and still wanting to protect Paro from himself and his old life - wonderful build up awesomely written.
Will he talk to Paro or Laila, what will happen to the Sisodias and what happens at Parud's next meeting- waiting for next part
SPraba thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Well super update rithu
Seems like Mohini is using her head and is trying to clear the mess Laila has created
Thank god Geetanjali maam spoke to Paro and some of her doubts cleared
Aww poor rudra feeling helpless and Dilsher guiding him
Please update soon rithu and thanks for the pm dear
Hugs
tinamehta thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Loved the turn this story has taken. Glad that Paro had some solid reasons for the way she treated Rudra. Looks like the guilt of her Mamisa's death and all her losses are deterring her from following her heart. Good she has sorted it out. And I am glad Rudra has realized how much at fault he was with having that kind of relationship with Laila and fostering her hopes. Now hoping for happier times for both of them and looking forward to the next few chapters :)
thakurpreeti thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Lovely update dear, love Ur story too much, love the way u write story, it's going so well
Cutemithra thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Both Paro and Rudra in pain.. Waiting to see hw they sort it out... Glad that geetanjali mam spoke with Paro and cleared her confusions... Rudra too confided the reason behind Paro's decision to his father.. Waiting to see hw is dilsher going to help his son...
KhushiParo thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Hi Rithu,
 nice updates of  chp 35 and 36.😊 
Both knows they love each other and they confessed but circumstances made Paro to do like that. Whatever she does though looks crazy sometimes I can not get angry with Paro😆 .
Hope next update Parud will talk  and solve this Laila fiasco.😊

Thanks for the PM.
🤗
Susmitha
Edited by KhushiParo - 9 years ago
SS88 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Oh wow this is a mess. Paro, why do you always have to be the martyr? I love you, but I wish you had just spoken to Rudra, to V.K and his wife. You my darling are too nice for this world. Rudra, just tell her. Go and speak to her, like your dad said. Why you make me so sad??
deepsel thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Good light hearted update Rithu...Well finally both the parties are knocked to their senses by their respective caretakers😉...the father-son  and aunt-niece bonding was lovely in their own ways...I am loving how Mohini handles the situation in your version just like how the "woman in power" would handle..Rudra's fears are very valid as we know how naive Paro is and his level of intimacy with laila might affect his blossoming relationship with Paro..Waiting to see how both handles this😳😳..
-Disenchanted- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: neet2407

lovely chapter Ritu - the fallout gets worse - Paro dying of guilt - Rudra in pain - regretting his past and still wanting to protect Paro from himself and his old life - wonderful build up awesomely written.

Will he talk to Paro or Laila, what will happen to the Sisodias and what happens at Parud's next meeting- waiting for next part

Thanks dear. Paro has been through a lot of things in the last year she is bound to be scared of new things and her youth will lead her to bad decisions when she is vulnerable. Rudra has come far from his Jallad days but its effect on his present can't be ignored. He needs to talk to Paro not Laila as I feel he has made his peace with her, even if she didn't agree with him. As for the Sisodias, time will tell whether the match is made.