taani.priya1997 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
mimi ami pore comment korbo
panchaali thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
NIce update 

the story is getting interesting at every part..

continue soon..I can post a long comment only if I read the whole story together, because in every part there's something more... 

continue soon 
Mean.Girl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ...Natasha...

I love the bond between the two girls
They can talk to each other freely without any hesitation
Roop is caught by her dad while she was smoking was hilarious
I can only imagine his expression on seeing his daughter smoking lol
Lovely update and as usual beautifully written

Thank you Natz.
The main events will start to unfold from chapter 2. 😊
Mean.Girl thumbnail

Originally posted by: panchaali

NIce update 

the story is getting interesting at every part..

continue soon..I can post a long comment only if I read the whole story together, because in every part there's something more... 

continue soon 

thnk u Panchaali di..
hmm. will continue soon
Brahmaputra thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Sorry for commenting late. Hope you don't mind.

You write deep and detailed. That helped me to visualise things like watching a film. I liked the concept very much, especially the bond of sisters which reminded me sisters of Jane Austen's novels. As I can see, the main story is yet to unfold and hope each chapter be more beautiful than the previous one.

As your many friends wrote, 'complete this one'.
Kore-Soteira thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Go ahead dear.
And sorry for the late comment as I am preparing for my exams which are next month
Mean.Girl thumbnail

Originally posted by: Brahmaputra

Sorry for commenting late. Hope you don't mind.

No. I don't mind. I love to see a comment which consists a few sentences, so thank you 😊

You write deep and detailed. That helped me to visualise things like watching a film. I liked the concept very much, especially the bond of sisters which reminded me sisters of Jane Austen's novels. As I can see, the main story is yet to unfold and hope each chapter be more beautiful than the previous one.

A few of my readers said about my detailed writing thing.. thank you for commenting on my characters' bonding.. 

As your many friends wrote, 'complete this one'.

I used to write FF. I left those incomplete cause I got bore with FFs. Don't worry. I will complete this one. 😃

Mean.Girl thumbnail

Originally posted by: kalyani_shiva

Go ahead dear.
And sorry for the late comment as I am preparing for my exams which are next month

All the best for your exam dear. 👍🏼

Mean.Girl thumbnail
Hi buddies. 1st of all Happy Bijaya to all of you. I was busy cause of Durga Puja. So I'm late. Sorry. Hope you all have enjoyed Navratri/Durga Puja. 
Now coming to the story, from this chapter main events will start to unfold. Please read and review. Constructive criticism is welcome. 
undefined 

Windswept Path

The Jodhpur Airport was starting to get crowded. But they did not take more than twenty minutes to find Ved. Ved stood erect, his hands tucked in his jeans pocket. His tall and well built frame stood out in the crowd. He was wearing denim jeans paired with a yellow Donald Duck printed shirt.

Hope you had a comfortable journey.' Seeing them Ved's caramel brown eyes flickered with excitement.

Yes, Young Man!' Mr. Roy replied shaking his hand enthusiastically.

Hi Roop. Hello Priyam.' He smiled genuinely.

From when did you become so formal with us?' Roop inquired. Ved was their classmate or may be the only friend of school who is still in touch with them.

It was pretty obvious on the day of graduation none will keep in touch in future as all will be busy in making career. But it was Ved who always was in touch. His well mannered and gentle nature made his blue eyed boy of Mr. Roy.

My apology for being formal my lady.' He said before bursting out in laughter and hugging her.

I missed you.' Roop said as they loosened the grip around each other. But not more than I missed your cartoon printed vibrant tee-shirts.'

Apparently I can relate with the cartoon characters more than I can relate with the species called Homo Sapience.' 

It appears that you're one of the cartoons in disguise of Homo Sapience.'

Guys if you are done with public display of affection can we move forward now.' Priyam said mechanically. I'm starving.'

I can see the reason behind you gaining a few pounds.' Ved commented.

What?' Priyam cried out. Am I looking fat?'

No. I was just teasing you.' Ved remarked with a small smile curving in the corner of his lip. You look gorgeous.'

Their car progressed towards the way to hotel while they witnessed the air getting filled with early morning sounds. Roads being cleaned, vendors opening their shops, a group of primary school kids ran towards the bright yellow school bus. They faced a small traffic as it was tourist season. Ved turned the music on to alleviate the atmosphere.

Hey hey, chalo na
Dhoondhein shehar naya
Jahaan muskurahatein hain bikhri
jahaan se gham ka mausam gaya
Jahaan meethi baatein, har ik ajnabi se ho
Bhule hum bhi jo saari fikrein
Lamha lamha khushiyan bikhrein

How is your new job?' Roop asked straightening her seating position.

It's more than awesome actually.' He replied delightfully. Last month I was in Brazil, then went to Turkey and now here and my next destination is Romania.' He said without stopping to take a breath.

You had been in Turkey? I love Turkey. I had been there at least thrice.' Roop answered hurriedly.

I know you love travelling.' Ved changed the gear while speaking. Why did not you go for any traveling related job?'

Then, I would have surely started hate travelling for the obvious reason, "working."'

Is this your excuse to leave your study mid way?' Mr. Rishabh questioned raising an eyebrow towards Roop.

Daddy, please don't ruin my holiday mood now.' She dismissed her father without casting a glance.

Here we are.' Ved announced as he slowed down the car. Welcome to Taj Hotel, NOPEs  Umaid Bhawan Palace.'

When others were busy in counting luggage and checking in, Priyam gathered little information about the Palace. The Palace was constructed from 1929-1943. It provided employment to thousands of people in time of scarcity. Now a part of palace is managed by Taj Hotel and a part is turned into a museum.

Take rest for a few hours. We can visit the adjoining museum and Jodhpur Forte.' Ved broke Priyam's concentration.  Nodding a little bit she followed others.

The room of Priyam was just next to room of Roop, where Mr. Roy got a room on the other side of corridor. Roop would describe her room as aesthetic. The room was decorated with elegant wooden furniture. The sofa and bed was covered by royal blue silk covers, elegant purple pillows and curtains were giving it complement. The wooden bed was pushed against a wall and an oil painting of old battle of Rajput and Mughals was hanging on the wall. On the parallel wall a wooden framed mirror cut in crescent shape was hanging. Expensive Kashmiri carpet was covering the marvel floor of the room. A little part of floor was uncovered. The marvels of the nude spot were so white and clean that it was reflecting lights.  The windows were covered with colorful glasses. The glasses were forming a beautiful design. A huge chandelier made of glass and bronze were dominating greater part of ceiling. She grew up in the lap of luxury so the lavishness did not amaze her. Her eyes widen with admiration of the beauty of the interior.

Taking a quick shower Roop popped on the bed. She lied down in an angle from where she could stare at the oil painting comfortably.  Looking at the picture, losing her into thoughts of old battles, lives of people. She did not know when she fell asleep. She woke up by the knocking on her door. She untangled herself from the blanket and proceeded towards the door.

Roop you are not ready yet?' A cheerful Priyam hopped in. She was wearing a jeans and a pink shirt. Her appearance was sober yet eye catching. 

Sorry I fell asleep.' Roop yawned. She was tempted to go back to sleep but excitement of exploring the city dominated it.  Give me five minutes.' Cladding in a sand colored Jeans and a purple shirt she left the room with her sister. On the way to downstairs she pulled her hair into a ponytail.

Who is he?' Priyam asked her head close to Roop's.

Who is who?' Roop question back. She did not have to wait for her sister's reply. Her eyes fall on Mr. Roy and Ved, standing with a stranger.

Let's find out.' Saying Priyam set her foot towards them.

The man was in his late twenties or may be in early thirties, two or three inches taller than Ved. He has fair skin tone but excessive roaming in Sun made him tanned. He also has handsome features however his appearance was very rough and not pleasant to eyes. He wore a blue jeans and yellow tee-shirt that clung to his lean and muscular torso. His body language was speaking of supreme self confidence.

Roop could hear their exchange of words from the distance she was standing.

I thought you would not remember me.' Mr. Rishabh said jovially.

I never forget a knowledgeable man.' The stranger replied with a smile.

Are you going somewhere?'

Yeah! Going to Airport.' The stranger replied. Have to receive my brother. He landed in Jaipur airport and will reach here anytime.'

You girls are here?' Mr. Roy said finally taking notice of their presence. His voice caused the others to turn their attention towards them.

These are my daughters, Roopkatha and Priyamvada and this is Aaron Ralph.' He said turning back to Aaron.

Doing the formal greetings with them he turned back to their father. I got to go now, else I will be late. Ved have a lot of fun and don't be late tomorrow.'  

I won't be.' He said confidently.

As he left, the four of them set to visit the museum of Umaid Bhawan Palace. It did not take more than an hour. But for a few reason museum of Jodhpur Forte was closed before the scheduled time. Half heartedly they set back their way towards the hotel.

Ved, can you please drop me to a book store please?; Mr. Roy requested.

Yeah sure Mr. Roy' Ved replied. They halted their car near a book store.

You don't have to wait for me. I will take a taxi from here.' They obeyed him. On their way back to hotel they brought salted nuts.

You and your love for salted nuts.' Roop gave a funny stare to Ved.

Don't mock my love for salted nuts.' Ved replied before popping up a nut in the air and catching it in mouth.

None dares to mock your love for salted nuts.' Priyam added sarcastically. I still remember when we went to an educational tour from in in 11th grade. You made bus driver to stop the bus so that you can buy salted nuts.'

I did not have salted nuts for a long time.' Ved added in his defense thought it did not helped much.

Mark my words. Salted nuts will be the reason of your break up with your girlfriend.' Priyam added confidently. Then she added in a sing a song voice You love salted nuts. Ved you're a nut.' She repeated you're a nut' a few more times.

The sky was getting dark slowly. The birds were talking in their own languages before going back to their nest at the rest of the day. The sun disappeared in the horizon and slowly the hues of orange, yellow and purple faded and followed the sun.

I want a drink.' Priyam announced. Anyone else is planning to join me?' Soon after they found themselves sitting in club.

Why did not you order anything?' Priyam asked Ved taking the shot in her hand.

If I started to drink who will take care of you girls when you are drunk?'

Same boring old Ved from school time.' Roop retorted. 'Priyam you remember in our high school, when we used to sneak in alcohol in boarding it was Ved who never touched alcohol so that he's sober and can take care of others?'

So what? I don't drink.' Ved replied. You guys were not suspended from school cause I was always sober and alarmed.'

Ok today you will be the one who will get drunk, and we two will take care of you.' Priyam said playfully.

No way.' Ved protested but nonetheless Priyam shoved down her shot to his throat as Roop ordered another two to do the same.  

A few not eventful minutes passed before it took place.

I hate Indian Government.' Ved cooed.

hmm..'

I said I hate Indian Government.' Ved raised his voice. They increased the price of petrol.' He looked like his eyes have moistened.

I guess he has got buzzed already.' Roop expressed.

Look at him; he has got a big physic.' Replied Priyam. he took only three shots, I thought he can intake at least five.'

In the meantime Ved went on without a pause.

I hate that four legged mammal.' He stopped then made a funny face. Canis Lupus Familiaris [Dog]. They always shout whenever they look at me.' For a few minutes I hate this and that continued.

Priyam!' Ved addressed her trying heartily to sound steady. I hate you too.'

What you hate me?' Priyam seemed she is enjoying this whole thing. Unbelievable. Now why do you hate me?'

Cause I love you.' Ved gave short and sharp answer. But you brother zoned me in middle school by tying a rakhi on my wrist.' He sobbed. This is the reason I used to run away on the day of rakhi from boarding so that you cannot brother zone me again and again.'

Priyam seemed surprised. Looking back at Roop she found her grinning and wiggling her eyebrows at her.

He's drunk.' Priyam uttered.

Hey look at that's my boss.' Ved said pointing at the entrance. Hi! Aaron.'

Hello Ved. Seems like you're enjoying.' He said with a smile.

Yes and I hate you.' Ved answered promptly.

Rolling his eyes he turned his attention to the girls. How many did he take?'

Three.'

Only?' He murmured shifting his attention on Ved again.

You make us work like hell.' Ved snorted.

Okay! I agree on that.' Aaron said his tome humorous.

I hate you but not more than I hate father Phil.'

Who is he?'

He used to be our boarding head.' Ved provide the information. You know once we broke out of school. When we came back I was monitoring the girls if they have reached to their hostel safely.' He paused but not more than a few seconds. But father Phil caught me and he thought I'm trying to break into girls' hostel. That day he scolded me a lot. He even said I will be no one in future. No one? Then who am I?'

See he's clearly drunk.' Said Priyam.

But he's speaking his heart out.' Answered Roop. You're such a dumbass. Every single soul of our school knew Ved likes you but you. He never said it loud cause he feared such a unromantic girl like you will ruin the friendship if he says it to you.'

I'm glad he won't remember about anything tomorrow.'

Priyam you should give him a chance. He is our friend and may be the only guy who is liked by I and daddy both.'

I hate it when you girls talk about me but don't include me in the talk. Girly gossip furrr' Their talk came to a halt as Ved interrupted.

We'll talk tomorrow.' Roop answered. We're tired now. Let's go back to room.'

But I've not said a lot of things yet.' He pouted.

Don't worry I'll take care of him.' Said Aaron.

Thank you.' Roop replied. But he's gonna give you a tough time.'

I will handle it.' He added smiling.

Priyam you go, I just need a shot.' Roop said. Obeying Priyam left as she made her way to the counter. Roop shivered feeling cold hair on her face just before she collided with someone.

I'm sorry.' Roop uttered genuinely.

It's Okay! The fault is all mines.' She got confused as the voice seemed known to her. She looked up slowly feeling a bizarre kind of sensation. She was shocked to see the face she least predicted to see. She never wanted to face him again. He has pointed features yet his face is adorned with softness, his grey eyes are calm but they speak volumes. He has not changed much but his face has matured a bit. He was staring back at her with the same shocked expression she has worn in her eyes. Before Roop could avert her gaze from him she witnesses a look of intense anger replacing his previous expression. She could not bear to pronounce his name. Guilt! Is she feeling it? She turned back from him feeling her legs are too frail to carry her weight. She commanded her legs to walk steadily. Her views seemed misty as her eyes were watering in fear.  She had taken lots of remorseful decisions in her life. But it was cruel how life decided to make her face the most regrettable choice she ever made.

The road of her future slowly unfolded in front of her and she saw she had to go through a windswept path accompanied by her past.

Waiting for your comments 

Edited by --MimiGupta-- - 9 years ago