Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: ..nams..

2mrw i will update :)

waiting ðŸ˜Ą
..nams.. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Chapter 7

It was just 10 min walk towards the village garden and sahana felt her heart was going to explode! Rahul and Amma were contantly bantering on anything and everything, while sahana kept replaying the day's events. Just yesterday she had a hard time to be awake because the whole "tour" thing had bored the hell out of her and her life? It seemed like walking on baby steps. But today? Everything seemed like a dream, like an illusion.. was she hallucinating or was it all real?

First she was lost, second moment she was face to face with her unrequited love' and third thing she knew was she was in his house! That too kissing? Oh god! Not again! Why cant she get over the accidental brush of lips' already? She had focus on something else, like yes her friends! This whole encounter had made her forget everything about her tour.

So as she recalled kerala was their last destination, and today was last day? Shit! They had planned on going back to Bangalore tomorrow! That was all her memory helped, she couldn't reach how, when, where they were scheduled and most importantly through what! It wasn't a package tour and they had done bookings in every place they had stayed which only meant she had no idea about the schedules.

Sahana sat on the lawn of the huge garden staring at the white walls where the movie would be projected. She had only later learnt that it was the Guest house, which belonged to Amma herself, but officially it was under village panchayat. Whenever any VIP's visited the village this was their accomadation and other times it was the place where most of them met once in a month, to watch a movie. It was their little tradition! Which sahana obviously liked, it had created a bond between most of villagers.

This time they had selected 1999 movie called "Nirma", considering the majority of audience this time where quite young except Amma and her small group of oldies. Sahana sat excitedly as rahul informed her that movie was about -friendship and love.

Few minutes to the movie sahan sighed frustratingly, she didn't understand the least except the leads where childhood friends and where inseperable! She had almost assumed they were siblings until rahul told her they were best friends. She had curse herself for such a wrong assumption! Seeing how sahana had hard time understanding the movie rahul started translating the parts bit by bit. Somewhere in between, Rahul's hand was wrapped around her waist drawing patterns against her exposed skin while sahana was leaning against him. He continued to whisper-translate the movie, and his voice was sending chills down her spine.

"The movie is about two best friends-Aby and Sona, who have been together since childhood, and they never realized they were in love. When Sona goes out of town  for a competition, he misses her and finally realizes he loves her. Aby waits desperately for her return as he wanted confess to her. but it turns out that the Sona met someone called Prakash during the competition and instantly she falls in love with him. Heart-broken Aby doesn't confess his feelings. Sona decides to marry Prakash and Aby couldn't hold it any longer. The only reason he didn't confess was to save his friendship and he didn't want to confess now for the same reason. He didn't have enough courage to watch his love marry somebody else so he decides to leave town, when sona gets to know that he would never come back she realizes her feelings. Its all cherry on top to know that it was their parents who had decided to take a step ahead and bash senses in their children's head and to confess their feeling for each other! That's when Aby goes to railway station, she shows up. And they unite."

Sahana couldn't help but relate herself to the story, the only difference was she was playing aby's character! She had realized way too early while Rahul? God knows whether he feels anything at all. Her thoughts then ran to the railway station scene where aby was lonely sitting after missing his train on purpose and that's when sona pops up. Within seconds they are couples! How great it would be if life was that simple too isn't it?

"Film valare nannaayirunnu, Abyum Sonayum viddikalaayirunnu avar nerathe ethu thammil paranjirunengl ee prashnangal onnum undaakilaayirunnu!!" Amma commented. While Rahul let a sigh, Sahana grunted, she had kept herself throughout the movie with Rahul's translations, but what would she do with Amma? Why does the lady keep talking in that alien language when she clearly knows she cant understand a thing and its damn frustrating! You know what I mean?

"Avarku avarude sauhridham marakaan kazhiyilla Amma.. adhokondaaanu thammil avarku onnum thuranu parayaan kazhiyaathathu" Rahul replied much to sahana's dismay. She thought its better to shut her ears to them and think of something better.

Rahul and Amma continued to chatter, and sahana continued to think about the movie instead. That's when she heard bits of their conversation "Railway station scene.." and that's when it clicked!

Railway station! Railway station! Yes!

"Railway station! Train! Yes yes yes I remember!!!" sahana jumped startling Amma and Rahul. "oh my god! Are you alright mole!?" Amma asked concerned. "What do you remember ?" rahul asked narrowing his eyes at her.

"we were supposed to go back to Bangalore tomorrow!! Morning train at 9.50!" sahana answered. She was happy finally able to remember something she had just heard her friends say subconsciously! But rahul wasn't happy at all. It came like a sudden shock then he looked as if someone had punched him on his gut and then he frowned.

"Oh."

i know its short, but next update will be big and it will be more of realizations too.. so be ready ;) next update is most imp chptr of the story

read n review!

love

nams! :)

crazysky thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6

u know what

hearing the other language

i really feel myself like sahana

i couldnt understand the language

when the epilogue would come , i would like to know the meanings of each n every previous chapters ..

and

about the chapter its really awesome

when amma and rahul were bickering, i hope she was putting some brains in rahul

"rok le rahul teri sahana ko rok le" 

and

did he really made patterns on sahana while watching movie aweee-i fell for him

and

did he really translated movie to sahana-- this time i fell for him again , he is so caring

and

abey yaar sahana ke dimag ki ghanti kyun baji ? now i hope rahul use rok le

and unke bachpan ka kuch scene dikha na school college ke aur scene honge toh maza ayega

i cant wait for next update

i just love this story

Edited by crazysky - 9 years ago
..nams.. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Chapter 8

It was midnight, and there was dead silence in the house. Sahana kept biting her lips, amma kept frowning every second and Rahul was inside his room with doors locked.

"That's it! I am going to talk to him!" Amma got up hastily with deep breath. Sahana looked up, "I wonder what he is doing.. is he asleep?" Sahana asked with sad face.

Before amma could say anything rahul answered himself, "Train is at 9.50am, Island express at Thiruvananthapuram station, ie TVC terminal. So we have to leave by 5am.. its almost 4 hours drive from here, Sahana you better sleep for a while.. Amma.. I am going to take a nap.. Wake me up by 4 okay.." Saying so he went back to his room, doors locked again.

Sahana couldn't help but worry his sudden change of actions. He had turned into the Rahul that annoyed her, not in irritating way but in a sad a way. The rahul that had a girlfriend, the rahul that had stopped hanging out with her, the rahul that wasn't smiling all the time, he had become that old-weird-grumpy rahul again. Sahana grit her teeth and her fingers curled into tight fists, She hated that kind of Rahul. Why had he changed now? Why had he changed back then?

"I will miss you Amma.." Sahana had tears brewed up in her eyes. Rahul was removing the sheets of his car while amma hugged sahana. "I will miss you too mole.." she affectedly kissed her forehead and sahana took her blessings by touching her feet. "Soo.. I guess.. its.. erm.. okay.. I get going now.. take care amma."

Rahul too touched Amma's feet when sahana made her way towards the car. Sahana couldn't see the grim in his eyes, But amma could see through him. Amma hugged him with a sniff and whispered on his ears, "There is always a chance if its meant to be.." he sneered.

The ride was silent, and the silence was killing her. she had seen this side of him back when they were in college. Why was he like this? What triggered him? Was he so upset because I was leaving? If he was, then why? Why would he care?

"Cause I care Sahana!!" his voice rang in her ears, not from the rahul who was driving, but the rahul from her memory... And then she vaguely remembered where it all started!..

"Happy Valentines Day dear friend.."  Sahana was recalling his voice as she cuddled the little teddy bear. It was late in the evening and she was walking back to her dorm. His gift was a little teddy bear that had very special feature - emotions! The bear showed emotions! Yes believe that? It could smile, it could laugh and hell it could pout & cry too!! She hadn't see the angry side of it though, was that existed? It was far from robot and more like a pet. She wished it could talk too! Ah!

Sahana saw a bike parked on the other side of her dorm, it was Rahul's! why was he here? Sahana walked towards the gate of her dorm to get clear view, he was standing near his bike as if waiting for someone. Was he waiting for her? well, why would he? They had just met like few hours ago. She had lost the count of time in cuddling the teddy and showing off the little gift she had received. It was 11pm and she could already see other boys waiting for their girlfriends outside the dorm. The world was celebrating valentines day! And here she was, date-less.

Pushing away her thoughts she thought of talking to him anyway. Just as she had decided, she hugged the teddy tightly only to find a key underneath its hands, she triggered and it made a squeak! Startled she slipped and her teddy hit a rock at the pavement. Rahul was far from her vicinity to hear her whimper. Sahana got up quickly rubbing her bruised knees to check on her teddy. Since it had qualities of robot, it was more like to get hurt than her! and she was right. It didn't show any emotions, it was indeed broken from inside. Sahana pouted and whined like a baby, how could she face him now? What would she say, she broke such a cute-little-thing on earth which she had received few hours ago? God hated her for true senses!!

Sahana hurried back to her dorm begging everyone to fix the thing up. Embarrassed she slept weeping under her blanket cuddling her cute gift. The next day, was worst. She hadn't seen him for most of the periods and when he showed up to the lab, he was with his male friends and he continued to do so unless the lecture-in-charge scolded him to sit in his allotted place. That's when she felt she was being avoided, and weeks later geetha had joined! Rest was history; she believed she had lost him. But her teddy was back to shape, thanks to her genius brother! Sahana never gave the key to the teddy ever since fearing she might break it again!

Sahana grasped as a tear slipped from her eyes. "Whom were you waiting for that day?" she asked instantly. Rahul looked at her confusedly, "which day?" he asked

"Valentines day, back in college, outside my dorm, whom were you waiting for?"

Rahul had never seen her so serious, but at the moment his expressions said otherwise as if someone had mocked at him, "Are you kidding me? You didn't know?"

"No rahul, I don't! I don't know why you are so gloomy now, and why you were so gloomy back then, and why you lied to me that geetha was you gf! Don't tell me it was for fun, now I can see clearly it wasn't just for fun, there was more to it! What is it?" her voice had raised few decibels from her normal calm and composed tone!

Rahul stayed num, his focus on the road, after few minutes of torturous silence he chose to speak, "you are getting married!" he said. His tone was so casual as if it meant nothing to him at all. Sahana was taken back and her voice was hitched on her throat, why did she feel like he was accusing her?

It was the last day in the college and hardly any students were around. Sahana had finished packing and was all set to leave the dorm, she was going back home and that's what all mattered. Her room-mate had gone around to collect left-over things, sahana was bored. So she decided to take a stroll over the campus and feel every inch of it. Afterall it had so many memories, thankfully her friend decided to accompany her. both kept wandering around from classrooms to lawns and they bid their byes to the lectures too. Sahana spotted the librarian walk on the corridors, "hey.. I will talk to Ms.Stacy and will catch up with you later okay?" "Geek! Hehe.. okay go.. I got to go to office to collect my records, will see you later.. have fun!"

Ms.stacy wasn't emotional lady, but sahana was the only student whom Ms.stacy ever spoke dearly to, for others she was Hitler! As sahana bid her byes, Stacy was at tears. "So.. um.. I will just go to library before going.. so.. ms.stacy guess I will see you later?" Ms.Stacy replied with a nod and sauntered off, she was going to miss her favorite student!

Sahana reminisced her time in library, drown inside the huge text books, lost in the world of fantasies, and her encounters with devil himself. Rahul had marked her memories in every part of college she had ever been too, library was no exception. He had annoyed her, called her geek and heck he even read a book or two beside her, albeit eating most parts of brains! Sahana was so deeply engrossed in her thoughts she hadn't seen the shelf infront of her, she bumped into the shelf causing few books to fall down and she hit the floor herself.

"Are you okay?" came the worried voice of rahul trying to get her back on her feet. Sahana nodded rubbing her elbows that was now bruised. Rahul held her elbows tenderly and tied his handkerchief around them, "you didn't have to do this.. I mean.. I am fine.. its just a small wound.. why did you take so much trouble.. oh god! All the books are on floor.. shit I have to clear this mess, Rahul move its okay.. I-"

"Shut up SAHANA!!" Rahul hushed her rant. Sahana hadn't yet recovered from the whole relevation of "the-long-haired" girlfriend he had, "you know what, you sit there, I will keep these books in place.."

Sahana frowned, "why would you do that?" saying so she tried to get up only to fall back, her ankle was sprained! Great!

"See, I told you! Gosh girl, what happened? Did you sprain your ankle? Let me see it, should I give a massage..?"

"Why would you do that?"

*sigh* "I guess, lets take you to med-room okay.."

"..and why would you do that?" she repeated. This time it irritated him, "cause I care Sahana" his voice was hoarse. He had taken her to med-room, got her a pain-killer, got her bruise bandaged by the doctor, dropped her to her dorm, he had even placed the books back in order, and hell he even earned scoldings from Ms.Stacy taking all the blame on him! Sahana never understood what it all meant, never. Or was she too blind to see it all she didn't know. Why did he had have a freaking long-haired-girlfriend? Huh!

Coming back from her thoughts, she remembered she hadn't answered him yet. She let a soft "hmm" and looked out. Somehow his question had burned all her pent up anger. It had squashed her "curiousness", and her "need" to know the answers. She thought about the person who had made way to her life albeit reluctantly. -Karthik.

Karthik was no where like Rahul! He was more matured, focused, kind and jovial. He was her senior and doctor by profession. More successful and very good hearted living being. She never chose him, life chose him. It was her mom's persistence and her his proposal that pushed her towards the alliance. He was all a girl could dream of, but he didn't make her heart jump, he didn't make her feel at edge, he didn't make her feel as though her stomach was filled with butterflies and she never felt interested in him. So bottom line, it was purely an arranged-alliance! Nevertheless, she wasn't going to tell rahul the current state of her alliance! She wasn't going to tell, that the tour was actually an escape plan she made to spare her from the "awkward", "embarrassed" encounters she would have to dealt with him, because she had broke the alliance, and she wasn't going to marry that kind-hearted person at all! Whoever gave rahul the information didn't know the latest update which somehow made her feel better, why? She didn't know! Revenge may be? Guess so!

The ride continued in silence, until he stopped the car abruptly before the TVC terminal and turned to face her with a gulp. Sahana felt she had lost her heart, did it shrink all the way to her gut? Probably it did! Is that even normal? Or Is that even possible? Hell her mind was no blank and she could see colors and squirrels as she drowned deep into his dark orbs. She was goner! 

oh please don't hate karthik now! he wont make another appearance, not until he pops in my head begging me to do so! so yeah, until then you dont have to worry.

no go ahead and drill your brains how did Rahul come to know the "marriage" stunt haan? haan? ;)

a typical bollywood climax that ends in a railway station? hell yeah! i prefer trains to plains! hehe ðŸ˜† Plains make it too mordern while i am stuck in 'DDLJ' era *drools over Srk* 

Edited by ..nams.. - 9 years ago
crazysky thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
i am loving the story
kash sare chapters bhi aaj hi update akr deti tu
i really want to read more n more
and i ve no clue from where rahul came to know about
sahana's marriage
i guess since he was senior , rahul may be his friend
shit yaar teri story mein yeh teesra banda kyun aa jata hai humesha
i want rahul- shahana together *hmpphh*
moon_cupcake thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Beautiful updates di...loved them...can't wait to read further..
sumimita thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
wow... simply awsome  nams...

loved it..

update it soon yaar

can't wait for the update...
yogini64 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
hahaha... was it so obvious ... that they choosed this movie themselves ... amma n rahul? 😛

that story quite well relates to them ... but rahul loves her already ... 😊

shit ... ye memory bhi cheen lete bhagwan... ðŸ˜ĩ 😆

rahul is getting it all late ... he could have told her.. his feelings... 😔

he never told her back then ... n still now ... he's not letting it out ...

lol... karthik ko kyun hate karenge ... sahana ne toh marriage se backoff hi kar lia ...

lol... kahin rahul ne movie se toh guess nhi mara sahana ki marriage ka ... ðŸĪĢ

and why the hell is she not telling him abt the latest news??? ðŸĪ”

waiting for next chapter kya???? ðŸĪŠ

meko bhi DDLJ style pasand h ... indian h.. filmy h... 😎