waiting,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
khwaishfan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 9 years ago
waiting  😊
kawaii_geet thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

@shikha_guta25: frequent..can't promise. like i had already mentioned, college reopened.
i get time only on weekends so i can updt only then.

@BrainEaterOwl:
i miss ur lonnnggg comts..but sadly i know in this story..its not possible!!

CHAPTER 5 - WHERE'S THE PARTY TONIGHT?!

He led her out as he spoke out seriously, "you want to go?"

"umm.. i don't know. Its been a while since i have been to a party..and yeah you are going too right?'

"hmm.. i am.. come on. Lets head home. I have a lot to work..."

"You haven't forgotten your treat have you?"

He smiled after a long time, "nope... not at all. Now come on..."

She sighed.. these brothers are just so crazy. She wondered if maan was worried about something but then let it go as it was none of her concern.

The day had been busy for Maan and geet didn't bother him much but he seemed a bit lost in something. He was getting continuous calls and he wasn't in a great mood either. She was surprised when he didn't bother her in the gym or in the car or at the office at all. She liked that but then him not being his crazy self was so visible that she really wondered what went wrong!

"hey...", she stopped him while getting off the car.

"yes pinkie...", he stopped and turned towards her with a faint smile on his lips, "is something wrong?"

His smile made herself smile too... it was infectious. Ohk..then he was fine. She rolled her eyes, "stop naming me Khurana..."

He smirked and suddenly leaned over her making her fall back, and that devil grin on his face... damn she wanted to kick him right now.

"ohh so is this why you called me eh.. sweety? So that i could call you names?"

Seriously...what the hell was she thinking just a few minutes back??!! Kick her brain! She looked at him incredulously while he his smile got bigger, "so beautiful... what are your plans??"

He looked directly into her eyes and she felt numb! Gosh.. this freaking crazy guy was not at all in any trouble or tension. He was perfectly fine and bloody hell, teasing her! She was geet handa, the agent after all. She quickly regained her posture and pushed him back, keeping both her palms on his chest, "hey.. keep distance khurana...and theres no plan! I was wondering what were you bothered about but now i guess you are perfectly fine,"

"oohhh.. pinkey is worried??", he teased.

"just get out and get your ass to work...", she screamed at his irritating tease.

He raised a brow at the word she used...hmm she isn't as fragile as she seems now. But then thats the fun right.

"you know what...i could get my ass to work if i get the opportunity you see..." and laughed off.

Her eyes widened in shock and embarrassment at this shameless comment!! Gosh... that douche bag! Before she could retaliate, he had got another call and went ahead. F*ck her! Who did she think she was messing up with! Nevertheless, she has to keep eye on things. She walked off towards his security to discuss the plan of action. The past few days have been quiet but she didn't want to take any risk.

It was like almost evening when dev entered her cabin with a wide smile. She had kept busy with chris that day and seeing dev made her smile.

"so... ready for the party geet?", he went closer and kissed the back of her palm.

"ohh yeah... i had completely forgotten about it!!! I don't know if Mr Khurana will be leaving anytime soon though..."

"ohh don't worry about that and get ready fast... you have like an hour more for it..."

Geet was unsure about going to party and anyways she wasn't supposed to get too much involved in her client's issues according to her BlackOps Protocol. She gave a weak smile... gosh she was forgetting stuffs. There was a long list of dos and don'ts she had to follow! She sighed and looked towards maan's empty cabin, "umm.. i will wait for him i guess..."

Dev made a face and held her hand, dragging her out, "come on yaar... we will get late! Maan is usually loaded with work.. am sure he wouldn't mind if i borrow his secretary for a while.."

Geet was surprised to see him this persistent. How she wished she could punch him but again, she wasn't supposed to reveal who she was. She struggled a bit to let go but dev indeed was persistent, "dev sir please... its not..."

And before she could realize anything, she felt a hand slide across her waist and whisk her away from dev's grip ever so smoothly...she felt tickled.

Dev smiled seeing maan stand beside geet, holding her firm, "hello bro..."

Maan kept a straight face, "women dev... be careful not to hurt them.."

His voice was stern and dev got the message. Well he was very well aware of his bro's "respect women" policy.

"ohh bro... we will get late for the party... she is coming with us right... now don't be a spoil sport.."

Maan sighed and smiled at his little brother, still holding her firm round her waist, "then lets get home..."

Dev smile happily and hopped out of the office, whistling a tune while he just held her firm, not even letting her go. Geet was thankful to him for coming to her rescue but the moment dev was out, she quickly released herself from his grip, "thanks...", and then walked out to their car.

The moment she got in..she sat shocked seeing dev already sitting inside. Before she could even do anything, maan came and sat on the other side.

"hey... what are you doing here?", maan was equally shocked to see dev.

Dev gave his silly wide smile, "i wanted to ride home with you today bro..."

"get out dev..you have your own car...", maan spoke sternly looking into his phone.

Dev made a baby face, "what is this bro? You don't even like your own brother now!! Sigh... i am such a poor baby.."

Geet rolled her eyes--seriously, only this person could be khurana's brother!! Nautanki! She was squeezed between the two which suddenly seemed to be a serious offence to her job profile. She was here to do what... and she was doing what??!! Dev spoke about who all would be attending the party while maan just nodded. She was stuck! She was totally disinterested in anything at all right now.

The moment the car pulled over the driveway, she literally pushed dev off and ran inside.

"hey... you are such an elephant...", dev made faces as he fell out of the car as she pushed him off. Maan rolled his eyes... who would believe this guy was his brother!!!Irony huh!

The brothers got in and dev rushed to the kitchen to grab something to eat before leaving and shouting at the same time, "geet... get ready fast okay! We are already running late."

He gulped down the coke, stuffed in a muffin or two and rushed to change"of course into one of maan's suits!

He came out to the hall, fixing his cufflinks when his eyes fell on her descending down the stairs. His gaze was transfixed at the woman descending down the stairs.. clad in complete black tight fit jeans and a tight fit black top, outlining her curves beautifully. She had tied her hair in a bun with a few tendrils left lose in the front and those high heels! Goodness gracious...she looked killer!

She felt his intent gaze on him..gosh..this was making her conscious. He didn't even blink one so she was confused whether she looked good or really bad! She bit her lips wondering why he was being a jerk that he was when he went ahead and extended his hand to her, "you look so beautiful geet..."

Geet--- her name it was! This was the first time he was calling her by her first name. She felt something warm on her cheeks... never she been told something like this in her entire career. Yeah chris did compliment her at times but being complimented by a man... that was just so a speechless moment. It was all happening for the first time in her life.

He took her hand when she didn't acknowledge and kissed the back of her palm, not even averting his gaze. He could see she was blushing but didn't quite have an idea as to what was happening with herself. He smiled and they stood there like that for a while until they heard dev scream in horror!

Their cute moment was broken as a horror stricken dev stood flabbergasted!!!

"hey.. whats wrong?", maan shot him a glare! But dev was more focussed on geet. He rushed towards her and looked at her as if he had seen a ghost, "geet... what the hell are you wearing??"

"wh...what??"

"you... arrghhh seriously girl... this is a party and not a night out at a club! Do you realize you should be dressed a bit more authentically for the event?"

Geet couldn't understand what he was speaking. But all she knew was  dev dragging her inside and pushing her into her room.

"alright miss... you have anything stylish yet conservative? Like an evening gown or something??"

Geet looked at him confused, "ahh.. well.. no.."

Dev was indeed frustrated. He glared at her and made a call to someone.

"now missy... do as i tell you alright!"

Maan and dev waited for her in the hall. Maan was not liking this sudden advent of dev. Not that he hated him..in fact he loved dev a lot but what irked him the most was him being so cool with geet while he still hasn't been able to speak to geet properly.

The moment she descended down the stairs, dev ran to her squealing in happiness, "ohh boy..you look gorgeous geet... "

Geet gave a weak smile and looked at maan who seemed equally surprised to see her in a fuchsia knee length evening gown with her hair let let down and just a bit of minimal make up. Indeed she looked pretty but seeing geet he just knew it wasn't her style. For him, she was pretty just the way she had dressed up earlier..her style..just hers.

She waited for him to speak something or at least tell she was looking like a freak instead of giving her a compliment but he just nodded softly and walked out, "come on both of you... lets get going.."

Geet sighed... its been a long time she had been to a party and now that she is here in one, she felt like running away. Indeed dev had dressed her well for the occasion but she wasn't that comfortable. There were other ladies who were clad in more than what she could carry with heavy jewels and stuff...and their sophisticated talks! Spare her! She just stood at a corner, holding a drink. Maan seemed to vanish somewhere with his clients and it was only dev who kept her company. He talked to her about everything... at least she didn't look like a dork here!

Time just went on dragging until she realized she was on the dance floor with dev, giggling to one of his jokes. She had dinner...actually had a competition with dev who could eat more but maan was missed there too. Both were full and now were dancing to burn off some calories. Dev was proving to be an entertaining partner. She laughed shaking her head when her eyes fell on maan, standing in the balcony of the upper floor, staring at her. She blinked a couple of times wondering if it was really him and hell yeah! He looked damn hot with that serious look on his face. She shook her head...what the f*ck she was thinking?! She wasn't supposed to get too involved.

She watched him come down the stairs and head out of the party alone. She was here for work. She wondered why he was being so distant all of a sudden. She excused herself and went out, looking for him following his trail. He was on a call with someone. She waited until he finished his call and turned back only to be surprised.

"hey...", she smiled a bit.

"hey.. what are you doing here?", he asked her softly.

"what are you doing here Mr Khurana?", she questioned him back. He smiled and shook his head, "you sure stick to your profession all the time..eh pinkey! I just had to take this call. Are you enjoying?"

Geet sighed.. he had told her beautiful when she wore that black dress and now he didn't even say a word! Nevertheless, she chided herself mentally"she shouldn't be thinking so much on something this stupid.

"no..i am just a bit tired plus had stuffed in a lot...having a competition with dev..."

Maan raised a brow at her, "competition?? With dev? Am sure you much have won it..."

"ohh come on..its dev who won...gosh.. he eats like a pig.."

He smiled softly, "oh i thought you eat like an elephant..."

Her eyes widened, "what?? Mind you khurana you still have to treat me..."

And thats when she noticed a small red dot right on his chest...so tiny that he just wasn't aware. Actually anyone could have not seen it if not kept alert. Geet wondered what it was. She leaned closer to check on it and her eyes widened in shock.. it was a laser beam meant to aim. She didn't have time. She turned back to see the source but she couldn't in the dark.

"geet... whats wrong?"

She looked at him scared and the next moment, a loud scream echoed in the entire place.

Maan felt a sharp hit on his chest and the next moment he was pushed down to the ground with a scream escaping geet's lips. He quickly opened his eyes only to check on geet but everything was happening so fast. She was lying on him and then she just rolled themselves over, towards the pillar.

He could now very well guess there was an attack. The sound of bullets cutting  through the air could be heard distinctly. Geet stood up and helped him up and pressed him behind the pillar and shielded him from the front by pressing herself on him.

"geet...are you alright?", he was scared but more for geet. But she seemed to be in another world altogether. She quickly checked for her pockets and realized she was not wearing her jeans. She was in a short evening dress all thanks to dev. And her phone.. ohh god, she left it in the car itself along with her purse.

He watched at her searching for something quickly. His heart was beating fast and so was hers. The next moment, she pulled out his phone from his beast pocket and made a quick call to Rajit, "we've got trouble. Alert the security and we need back up.."

"right away ma'am..."

Meanwhile, the bullets seemed to be showered on them. Another bullet hit the pillar and she pulled him away to another corner on the huge corridor which was dark. She knew darkness could help and made him hide there, "just be here and don't move...", she whispered.

It was a bright night for the moon was full and he could see her sweaty face trying hard to think something. She was about to peep out when he held her arms preventing her to do so, "no... its dangerous..."

"Its my job Mr. Khurana...", she spoke as a matter of fact.

"geet... until rajit comes... you are not moving from here.."

Another bullet just missed them by an inches and geet seemed furious. She couldn't have retaliated violently now since maan was with her. Anything she does could cost maan's life now and by the noises she knew..there was more than one attacker.

She looked at him defiantly..who the hell was he to stop her from what she does? But hell... those dark eyes boring into her soul was enough to make her drown in  them.

"let-me-go-khurana..", she gritted her teeth, "its my job..."

"well..i would certainly but not alone..", he bit back.

They heard noises as if someone shouting that they found them.

"shit...", geet pushed maan back to the corner and knew she has to distract them. She looked here and there and pulled her frills up, revealing the thigh pads she wore with her pistol tugged within. She took out two and threw one at him, "use...when needed..."

He caught it but glared at her, "geet...you are not going... get back..."

But she was already gone! He closed his eyes..this girl was too damn stubborn! For the first time he felt bad that his security came at the cost of her life! He looked at his hand with which he had held her arm sometime back, and found it smeared with blood! He gasped...she was bleeding... so the first bullet had pierced her arm. There was no way he was going to let her out in the danger..she didn't even have any guards on! And there was definitely no way he was willing to wait till Rajit evacuated the party and came to his rescue.

---------------------------

next: maan angry at geet😡

Prev: CH-4

Next: THREAD 2

MY BLOG     MY FB

Pls add ashypmlist to get pms on my updates

Edited by kawaii_geet - 9 years ago
Queen0fDarkness thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7
Yayyy I'm first 

I loved this update, it had a sort of gentleness in the beginning and ended with a bang. Dev I find quite irritating, honestly I cannot admire the guy here. I just hate his name so much, had it been a different name I would've found the guy funny and probably adored him but the name dev itself is just so... 🤢 😆 He seems harmless and probably just being a normal annoying little brother. 

Maan called Geet by her name and complimented her. Wish she'd stuck to her first change of clothing, it's more her. The tough bad ass. 😉 For this Geet I cannot simply imagine her in a gown for some reason. 
Could Geet be getting attracted to him, even a little 😳 
Wondering why Maan is stressing, could it be over work or something else? Something related to Geet? Gosh so many questions 😆

Geet's loosening herself up a little and is forgetting her do's and don'ts which in a way is quite good, she needs to let herself go instead of being robotic all the time. Instead of dancing with Dev I was wishing it was Maan, but I loved how you added that Maan was watching her from the top, if only he hadn't walked out to attend a call... 😉

What an ending to the update? Just as they were talking a little normally with their little teasing and then BANG. 😲 😲
Someone is after Maan once again. I am curious to know who is after Maan. He's not doing harm to anyone,yes he might be having rivals an all but really to take out competition going after his life... Unless you'd explained and I'd forgotten. 😕 
Maan's more worried for Geet and even scared to some extent which could mean he's more than attracted to her, probably likes her to some extent. Can't call it love yet I guess because they barely know much about each other. 

Maan obviously can't stand and just watch whilst the woman was trying to protect him. Damn she's also got shot. Some more action scenes coming up in the next one I guess. 😉 

All in all I absolutely loved loved the update. ❤️

Precap sounds more than interesting. Barely got to see the side of an angry Maan. 
Continue soon. 😃

Edited by -Diamonds- - 9 years ago
sdlife19 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Is Maan jealous about Dev coming closer to geet..  but with Dev being so nosy why do i feel he has something going inside his mind.. like he is behind Maan..

Maan opps he did not like her wearing the dress coz he knew its not her style.. and then geet wondering why he is like this... uff Maan so jealous yaar...
tamanna1391 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
awsemm update maan protective 
SheenGcian thumbnail
Wonderful Chapter !
I also doubt may be Dev is a culprit, who is behind n attacking Maan !
Ufff Maan is soo J of Dev Geet interactions 😳
Some attacked him n Geet is injured ! But She's right that is her job !
Maan gonna be hell angry on her 😳
Waitinggg for next already !
December04 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
That was a nice one
why maan s so distant 😕
Wat dev s dng bw them is he the culprit
ksasi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
interesting part.