karankittu thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
hey guys sum pple use rose water for there face iv ehard of it bt i dont know why i thnk its sumthng to do with spots can sum1 hlp me ..cn sum1 tlel me why u use it and how?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ix iishiqaa xo thumbnail
sry don't know never heard of it
Miss.Colorfull thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
here it is it,s from a site not by me.
The rose also offers a soothing property to the nerves and emotional /psychological state of mind. It is regarded as a mild sedative and anti-depressant. It is increasingly used in treatments for conditions of stress: nervous tension, peptic ulcers, heart disease, among others. There is indication that rose essence may also positively influence digestion, bile secretion, womb disorders and circulation. In addition, a tea made with rose petals (pour 150 ml of boiling water over 1 /2 grams of rose petals) often soothes a mild sore throat.

Rose hips (the flowers which have swollen to seed) are an excellent source of vitamins A, B3, C, D and E. They also contain bioflavonoids, citric acid, flavonoids, fructose, malic acid, tannins and zinc. Taken in the form of tea they are good for infections, particularly bladder infections. Rose hip tea is also used in the treatment of diarrhea. It is an especially good source of vitamin C.

To best use rose oil for topical purposes (i.e. skin care), use approximately 8 drops of essential rose oil for every 10 ml of carrier oil. Apply directly onto skin. Rosewater may be used with abandon. There is no such thing as too much of it. For emotional wholeness and wellness, rose oil may also be used in a room diffuser, aromatherapy ring (a brass ring placed atop a hot light bulb will work to evaporate the essential essence throughout the room) or in steaming hot water on the stove. Whatever works!

To brew rose hip tea, which by the way is truly delicious, roughly chop up entire rose hips. Cover with distilled or purified water and boil for 30 minutes (longer if desired). Strain through a fine strainer or cheesecloth and add a bit of honey if desired. One can also find Rose Hip Tea in the local health food stores. The essence of rose need not only be used to treat ailments. Whether inhaled and enjoyed from a freshly cut bouquet of sumptuous blooms or splashed on as rosewater after a shower or bath, it is simply a pleasure to be enjoyed by all!
(By Andrea Grant)
karankittu thumbnail
hey thanks alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reema_J thumbnail
Ok... I have not read the above posted article (yet) but I've heard the rose water mixed with lime juice lightens the skin tone! 😃
halima006 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Reema_J

Ok... I have not read the above posted article (yet) but I've heard the rose water mixed with lime juice lightens the skin tone! 😃

yh i have also heard that

sweet freedom thumbnail
well every morning afta washin my face i put on rosewater and glycerin, easy to find in stores here, and i hardly eva get spots unless ive been wearin loadsa make up, so i think it is gud for yr skin, spot and all that, dont no bout skin litening thoe.
xChandnix thumbnail
no idea, but i've heard about it helping your skin become fairer somehow? 😊
Miss_QueTee thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Rose water is kinda to do with spots. I mean, you can use it for that purpose. Rose water is a toner which is good if u have spots. 😃
nicegirl_good thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
is it gud for ur skin?????