Users

Frequent Posters

aycma98 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
waiting for the updates! :)
Vidhi_K thumbnail
Eagerly awaiting the next update. Hope it's soon. 
patrakankana thumbnail
Please update soon, a beautiful story
ana-twilight thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Good..
Pls updt soon..
jas0308 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
it's okay don't worry
will wait for the update!!
zainy26 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Awesome dr.read all da parts in a go.vry well written n a mindblwng stryline.
Nidsubh007 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7

Banner Credit: MoMo121

Chapter 15

Arnav was just finishing up at work when he heard a brisk knock on his cabin door.  Just by the sound of the knock he knew who the visitor would be, his right hand man, Aman.

"Come in", replied Arnav as he shut down his laptop for the evening.

Looking up from his desk he watched as Aman walked into his cabin, closed the door and walked in with a sturdy stride, his face showing him that he had something very important to discuss with him.

"Sir, I have some information regarding the special project that we discussed a few days ago".

Arnav leaned back in his chair and felt a sense of forbidding come over him. He had asked Aman to work with a private detective to delve into Sheetal's past.  He wanted to know exactly what she had been up too since they had graduated from Harvard.

He needed to know where he stood as far as Aarav was concerned.  As anxious as he was to find the answers to questions that had been haunting him since the day that Sheetal walked back into his life, a part of him was scared, afraid of losing the most important person in his life, Khushi.

"Have a seat Aman, tell me everything that you know".

-------------------------

Khushi finished preparing the daal for dinner just as the front door bell rang.  Knowing one of the Prakash brother's would answer it, she started to clean up the kitchen.

Within a few seconds she heard some commotion coming from the front room, a few raised voices and one shrill one.

Quickly wiping her hands on a kitchen towel she hurried into the front room to see what could have possibly unsettled her family.

Before she could voice her concerns she found Naniji sitting on the love seat with a stricken look on her face, she looked so pale and completely shaken up.

"Naniji", whispered Khushi.

Khushi looked up to see a shocked NK, a distraught Anjali Di and flaming mad Sheetal.

As soon as Khushi's eyes connected with Sheetal's there was almost a challenge issued between the two women.

Khushi conveyed her message that she would not allow anyone to hurt her family, and Sheetal responded back with, "watch me".

"What's going on?", Khushi quickly moved to sit beside Naniji.

Naniji was shaking as Khushi wrapped her arms around her.

"The truth, that's what", replied Sheetal, "Its time this family knew what has been going on, don't you think Khushi?"

Nani looked at her favorite daughter-in-law and squeezed her hand, "Khushi bitya, did you know?"

Khushi looked into Naniji's eyes, eyes that were red with pain and disbelief. Feeling her stomach drop at the implications of what Sheetal had done she knew  she needed to get back control of a situation that was quickly spiraling downhill.

This was her home, her family, and no one, and she meant no one, was allowed to walk in and hurt them.

Khushi slowly rose and walked over to where Sheetal stood, blocking her view of Nani, she was not going to allow her to look at anyone but her.

"How dare you? How dare you come into this house and try to break it apart. This is my family, do you understand? If you have anything to say, then say it to me? Nobody else needs to be involved in this!"

Sheetal looked at her with a smirk, "Looks like someone's claws have finally come out?", pulling a file out of her bag she threw it on the coffee table between them, "I want my son to be legally acknowledged in this family, he deserves to be here, with his father".

Khushi looked down at the file and then back at Sheetal, "You will not dictate the terms of what will happen Sheetal".

"Khushi", came Nani's voice.

Khushi turned around to see Nani sitting with Di next to her. Khushi looked into Di's eyes and found the strength to move forward, Di was with her no matter what.

"I have been quite long enough; I've given you and Arnav more than enough time to digest the fact that Aarav is without a shadow of a doubt Arnav Singh Raizada's son, if you can't deal with it then that's not my problem".

Khushi felt breathless for a few seconds as the words, "Arnav Singh Raizada's son" vibrated through her ears. She closed her eyes for a few seconds as she thought back to her husband, they had been through so much already and it seemed the battle to be together never seized for them.

Love.

He loved her, he wanted her, needed her.

She needed to remember that, there was no room for insecurities or doubts at this stage. Her family was counting on her.

"We don't know anything right now Sheetal, just because you said it, doesn't make it true".

NK walked over to Khushi and placed his arm around his best friend, "Sheetal I'm not sure what you're trying to do here but none of us will tolerate even for a second if you try to hurt my brother and his wife".

Khushi looked over at NK and felt a huge wave of relief, he was on her side. He wouldn't believe something just because someone and outsider said so. Once again NK proved his loyalty in this friendship.

"Sheetal we will discuss this once Arnav gets home, just know that the only reason I'm tolerating you right now is because of Aarav.  He is the innocent in all this, and I refuse to see him hurt".

"Really? You're so concerned about him yet you are the reason he's away from his father, you are the reason Arnav cannot openly accept him. You are the reason ---"

"Enough!"          

The entire front room of Shantivan vibrated with the lion's roar, everyone watched Arnav walk into his home, towards his family, and they knew they weren't going to be dealing with their Chotte, or Khushi's Arnavji today, there was only one person present and that was ASR.

"What the hell is going on here?" said Arnav in a low yet demanding voice as he moved to stand in front of Khushi.

A shield for a shield thought Khushi, she had tried to protect their family and now her husband was trying to protect her.

But she was Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada, she had every intention to stand next to her husband, not behind him as they marked their battle lines.

"Arnav I'm so glad your home, this has gone on long enough, it's not right, Aarav is suffering because of this, and we need to think of him".

Immediately Khushi noticed the change of tone in Sheetal's voice, she was going to play the emotional card with them, knowing how much Arnav cared for Aarav.

"Your right, absolutely right", replied Arnav in a calm voice as he placed his hands in his pockets.

Khushi looked up at her husband, surprised by his calm demeanor, shocked by his quick agreement with Sheetal.

Everyone in room gasped at Arnav's response, not knowing what to say, how to react they looked towards Khushi for some answers.

Sheetal smiled at Arnav, "Thank you Arnav you have no idea how much it means to me to have you supporting me".

Just as Sheetal was about to reach out and place her hand on his bicep Arnav took a step back, "Supporting your lies? No never.  Wanting the best for Aarav? Absolutely".

Arnav turned towards his family and felt devastated seeing his Nani looking so fragile within his sister's arms, he felt guilty because of him she had to see this day.

Walking up to her kneeled down in front of her, "I'm sorry Nani, so sorry".

Nani placed her hand over his head and looked into his eyes, seeing the strong young man she had raised, she knew her grandson would do what's right, and right now he needed her to support him.

"I am with you Chotte, no matter what".

Arnav closed his eyes as the feeling of unconditional love wrapped around him; she had always been there for him, even when he hadn't wanted her.  He would not let her down this time.

Standing up he face his wife and then Sheetal.

"Today we will decide once and for all what is best for Aarav. As much as I care for him, and would welcome him into this family with open arms...", he paused and took a deep breath, "He is not my son".

Khushi closed her eyes and sent a silent prayer to her Devi Maiya, feeling overwhelmed she wasn't sure if she should be happy or sad.  She had gotten so attached to Aarav.

"How can you say that Arnav? The DNA test was unquestionable!", responded Sheetal in anger.

"Well I did question it, so I had another test done, with a facility I trust.  And I'm not the father Sheetal.  You know that, and you know who is".

Sheetal stood still where she was, her hands tightening into fists as his words made her panic.

"What do you mean? It's you; it's only ever been you!"

"Sheetal I'm not sure why you're doing this, but I know without a shadow of a doubt that Aarav is not mine, in fact I've gotten in touch with his father and he will be here soon".

Sheetal looked up in surprise, how could this be falling apart so quickly.

"Anand? How did you find him, where did you find him?"

Khushi saw Arnav's eyes as they spoke of victory, as someone who had been at the receiving end of many of those looks she knew her husband was going in for the kill.

"I never mentioned his name Sheetal, but obviously you know exactly who I'm talking about!"

A/N:  I truly apologize for the delay in this update.  Life has kept me quite busy and I had to step away from this story for awhile.  I hope you enjoy the update and I look forward to your feedback.  

This story is coming to a close very soon.  

I just want to take a minute to thank the amazing group of women that worked with me on this story.  I never knew writing a story together could be so much fun and insightful.  This has been a great experience for me and I thank you for including me in this collab!

Nidhi

Edited by Nidsubh007 - 10 years ago
yoga123 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for the note...would be waiting for next update...
zohakhan7 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Feisty Khushi ... I loved it πŸ˜‰
NK is truely Khushi's best friend..always supporting his Nannav and Khushiji <3
So finally cat is out of the bag..
Aarav is not Arnav's son...Pheww
Thank God
Now Sheetal's game is over 😎
Amazing update
continue soon
Edited by sarunholic_arhi - 10 years ago