Blast from the Past Thread #23!!Catch up and some ott!! pg 114 epi 230 - Page 48

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: indi52

where are you? why do you hide?
where is that moonlight trail that leads to your side?

~~~ from moonraker ~~~

episode 225

i've seen your smile in a thousand dreams
felt your touch and it always seems
you love me, you love me

~~~ moonraker ~~~

just like the moonraker knows
his dream will come true someday
i know that you are only a kiss away

~~~ moonraker ~~~

for almost five minutes the camera followed one actor as he followed a feeling. missing. normally this would get boring, but this is ipk and sorry there is no "normally". hardly any words. but then hardly any were needed. with his every part of being barun sobti expressed asr missing, wanting, needing, loving khushi kumari gupta singh raizada, "meri pattni". started where such things start... in the heart... "khu..." he called out unconsciously when he came out of the bathroom refreshed. yeah that's when he is used to seeing her in the room... doing some khushi like thing, like talking to a goat while being berated. then he stopped in his tracks, shrug-shrugged and said, good she's not there, he'd get some peace and quiet. but alas, that was not going to happen. the missing grew, he started seeing her in his minds eye... laughing, dancing close with him... khushi who laughed, who poured jooice into shoes, who peeped out of cupboards, whom he'd just told she'd made his life hell... all because he was so peeved she wouldn't accept his apology. and then she had gone around being cold, being aloof, he'd tried to shout at her, something in him perhaps hoping he'd get a sassy saucy answer from her... he hated seeing her so down and quiet and away from him.

but hah! he was arnav singh raizada, he was not going to admit that... yet that missing... that need. when his eyes open they search her first, on the bed, by the pool, where is she? and why is hp mentioning her, "maine poochha?" by the end of the second day he is almost wilting. nothing feels good, without her. hate her love her whatever, she must be before his eyes.

barun was so good, looking for her, his eyes darting here and there, his whole body language somehow restless, then sad, how he let that star go, standing before the poster that offended him all he could see was her laughing smiling face. how helpless he seemed without her. almost lost.

and so he was.

interestingly he recalled her laughter and not her morose face as he missed her. she was laughter in his life. a life bleak and fairly lonely at one level (the episode showed that well, he met no one practically for an evening and a day). because he'd kept nothing for himself really. just that determination to win at all cost. he had forgotten lightness and joy.

for himself.

she was that.

and she wouldn't show herself. where are you, why do you hide?

if he were in that state after being really nasty to her, she was in a painful place of her own. he doesn't even want to see her...

of course he was being awful because he so wanted her... convoluted maybe but true. had she accepted his apology, he'd have felt calmer within. never occurred to him that she really should not have to tell him where she was... that he had lost his temper in his usual way, and crossed a line...

and she, when she saw him being sweet to di, for once a thought came before she could bar it, a thought, a feeling, a need for her own self, her bruised heart... how could this man be so different with two people. she had felt his love once and then in an instant that had been replaced by this chaos... and she so wanted him to love her, care for her, be nice... because she did love him so... even though he was being perfectly hateful.

her passive aggressive resistance came out... and expressed her displeasure. her hurt. not being able to handle it, a bit of a universal male trait i must say teehee... he felt hemmed in... no idea how to make it better. and why should he make it better?!! huh! she was the one at fault after all... she had made his life hell. he had to say that too and she felt all the hurt she could.

sanaya had just a few scenes but how beautifully she expressed a state of mind. a young girl, tender, loving, innocent, who had dreamed of love and now this. how hard she has tried to make things better, though she had no clue why this craziness had been unleashed on her. yet she couldn't hate him, not really... she could pester him and fight with him... but not hate... then had come his heer ranjha words followed by complete denial of any feelings and then a right royal tantrum out of nowhere. gussa fit. she was tired, worn down by this emotional roller coaster ride... drooping. her sunny side badly in the shade. and he goes and tells her she's made his life hell, he'd rather not see her. the feelings that flow through her.

but of course, in the middle of all that... "kuchh dhang ka karo..." he would like her to do something with her life. and she too despite her suffering has to get him the file, though without a ward. interrupted in the middle of hsi rant to aman, he must look at the file, then her turned away face, react to it completely, and snatch the file away.

had he not been nasty to her. had he not snatched the file. had she not gone into a hurt angry quiet... there might have been cause for concern. but this complete lack of indifference to each other. this reacting to every beat and breath of the other... what was this if not love.

a nearly 30 year long relationship has taught me all this happens. including the senselessness and hurt and misery when love is involved. in fact, these are possibly as characteristic of that thing as are joy, ecstacy, euphoria, wonder, teasing, humour, happiness, desire.

the acting took a written thing to another level. khushi and asr looked like themselves, young and beautiful and sexy, but the feelings they plumbed and expressed were deep and timeless. 👏 the way his eyes searched for her, you could feel the lift and fall and longing and pain and need of his heart.

how they created the atmosphere they did with shot of tacky things like salman poster, plastic taarey, garish mobile remains unfathomable for me. ipk is not at all sophisticated in terms of production values. its creatives, pushed for time, shooting every day, working nonstop... had hardly any time to devise arty options, such as shooting a particular way to create a mood, a look. but somehow they knew how to get the maximum out of a thing. it is true perhaps that if you have the content, the form really does not matter that much. nice to have it, if not, the content still sees you though.

there were lighter segments in the episode. some creepy shyam tactics though to what end we never knew. a lovely grandma grandson interlude, again a set of emotions there. and ipk really was all about emotions. there was the opening scene with di, key to introducing the main theme of the day, and of course mami the virulent with payal the vapid. all of these were there i felt to just punctuate and hold the central emotion in place, to accentuate it somehow. it was good to run into some eye flickering by snake, a little tycoon talk on i make my own kismet, etc., and then dash back to a poolside tryst, a conversation with a loved one's back and eyes filling up.

the episode had a poignance, a "dard" in it that really reminded me of a ghazal. a song written to express longing for the lover, extreme longing, perhaps the lover doesn't return the love, or has lost interest...

often have asr and khushi and their thing for each other brought music to the mind. when they canoodled by the poolside, they were definitely "i wanna hold your hand". here they were like a ghazal... he was perhaps "ranjish hi sahi", she maybe "yun hasraton ke daag". i may not have chosen the most apt songs, but the pleading for the loved one in a ghazal, the dard which is a mix of pain and sadness and all its sweetness, it was all there. and because this was asr in this frame of mind, there was a touch of the blues and jazz in it. a mournful sax played somewhere. picking up when he turned sharply at the sound of her voice.

"yun hasraton ke daag mohabbat mein dho liye
Khud dil se dil ke baat kahi aur ro liye

ghar se chale they hum to khushi ki talaash mein
khushi ki talaash mein
gam raah mein khade they wo hi saath ho liye
khud dil se dil ke baat kahi aur ro liye

the stains of desires I washed in love
had a heart-to-heart talk with my heart and cried away

i left my abode in my quest for happiness
in my quest for happiness
found sadness in my path and picked it up
had a heart-to-heart talk with my heart and cried away"

"ranjish hi sahi dil hi dukhaane ke liye aa
if it is grief so be it, come to break my heart again
aa phir se mujhe chhoR ke jaane ke liye aa
do come, if only for the act of leaving me again"

credit for lyrics and translation to uploader.

end note
this is the end, my friends, between the first shot and the second one, indi rolled over and died.
and the man buttons his top button after knotting his tie, how precise and specific and aaa.

Really Indi, you always make me spell bound. The way you see things or analyse the episode is so poignant and insightful.
All the pics of Barun just killed me. I already told you, you always pick the best shot of him, though he is deadly in every angle.
There is no question about Barun's acting skill. As usual he was excellent. You said he only recalled the happy moment of Khushi. good observation.
Your depiction of missing her was superb.
I also loved as you said Khushi was tired of this roller coaster ride. Indeed she was. She was so young, but so mature. One more thing was, she is a positive girl. Yes she did wanted her Arnavji's love. and she was completely unaware of his acrimony. My heart lurched painfully when she felt hurt to see his discriminating behavior towards her.
But I also loved that he suggested her to do something good. Seriously this dabba service in his office was kind of annoying. Apparently she started to do it to irritate him. And she became successful.
One thing I can't agree more that the intensity of their relationship. that's why IPK is unique. I also agree what you said about the poor production value. IPK's set was damn poor, but the story telling was damn rich, like a stage play, where the story and acting matter, not the flamboyant background.
I love the gazal Ranzish sahi so much. The other gazal I never heard. But the lyrics are wonderful. I love to hear this gazal. Any meaningful, good, sad or romantic song I listen, I only imagine Arnav and Khushi there. I'm always preoccupied by their thought.😃
Dard certainly enhances the  intensity of love. Arnav and Khsuhis' love was so profound cause there was dard and intensity.
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: sohara

Episode-208

Incoherent words; staccato sentences; everybody  is frolicking. The ambiance is iridescent. All are prancing in rapture with the crescendo of the beats of drum. A man who claims to hate his woman, seemed broke though all the walls he had built, he was drawn to her like a moth to a flame. His eyes are shining with tenderness, gleaming with love, dancing with delight, flickering with emotions. Her eyes clear, luminescent and incongruently guileless. Their body shudders with pure happiness. They both danced in ecstasy. Both of their grief and inhibitions was relegated to oblivion.

It's a really a mirthful day for Khushi. Her family and naniji both finally absolved her and accepted her lovingly. She ponders her family's love a lot. She was so disquiet, when her beloved people were mad at her.

Khushi is flouncing in alacrity, serving bhang and thandai to everybody. Bua and amma seemed already drunk. She offers bhang to nani and makes her drink on nanaji's name. Mami refused to drink , but she feeds her by beguiling her. After mami drank, Khushi confesses that she mixed some bhang in the thandai.

She offers Anjali some thandai. Anjali made sure she dupes her or not. How can she cheat her now, after all she is pregnant. Anajli agrees to drink in one condition, if she calls her di. Khushi gets overwhelmed as Anjali is her Arnavji's most beloved. She willingly accepts her wish and hugs her immediately. Really it's a great day for her, got everybody's love and forgiveness. And the quintessential thing is she got Arnav's loving touch today.

Sly shyam was looking for opportunity to inveigle them. He intervenes while Anjali and Khsuhi was talking. He wishes to drink the bhang, what khushi made. Khushi resents to see him. She tells HP to serve him some thandai. And she addresses him jijaji, what certainly made Shyam annoyed. Shyam's impudence is unbearable. Khushi escapes from there. In this joyful day, his presence is perturbing her for sure. But clever Shyam doesn't want to get drunk today; he wants to be in his sanity, so that he can know, what was the secret behind Arnav and Khushi's abrupt wedding. He contrives to inebriate Khushi. He instigates Anjali to make khushi drink bhang. Anjali is also agog to make Khushi drunk.

Anjali offers Khsuhi bhang, but she refuses.

"No anjaliji, I never drink the bhang what I make. You know why, cause what is in my heart comes out involuntarily after drinking it."

Anjali forces her. khushi runs and Anjali chases her. Anjali feigns sadness,

What kind of sister in law she is that making her pregnant SIL run.

Khushi becomes apologetic. Anjali tells her that she just wants her to drink thandai. When Khushi still doesn't agree, Anjali gets upset,

"You don't trust your sister in law, let me drink then."

Khushi finally agrees to drink. Anjali bursts out in laughter, that she cheated her and made her drink the bhang.

"you shouldn't trust your nanad"

"what you did"

Khushi starts to hiccup. She gets scared in anticipation; how she will control her inner feelings now!

"I just fulfilled my duty as a SIL"...Anjali replies quizzically..

The sweetest thing was anjali called Khushi bhabi. But why didn't she call her bhabi later?

The raizadas and Guptas have become bonkers after drinking bhang. All are in delirium. Some mughal emperor's spook gets into mami. She is blabbering Salim, Anarkali, kaniz's story. Akash and Payal are giggling like school kids. Mami is telling Akash to change himself. Why he is in love with a simple kaneeez?

"But when you will change mamiji"...Khushi screams at mami. Khushi is completely under the bhang effect. Mami is startled

"Aur ek kaniz!"

"I'm phatti saree, why are you calling me kameej."

Khushi gives her more bhang to drink and tells her to say what is in her heart. She also wants to tell what she feels.

"Jab aap saj dhaj ke bahar niklina, saree, blouje, lipistick, aap bilkul bina baris ki indradhanush lagti hai."

"Kya, humko rainbow bulatarahi ho, you gustakh larki. Takhliya."

Mami gets mad at khushi.

After her gibberish talk with mami she now goes to Akash and Payal. Sitting between them, she opens Payal's childhood secret to Akash. When they were little Payal used to like a boy, who didn't wear specs like Akash. Payal and that boy used to put chameli ka tel on their hair and both always had runny nose. Akash gets sad to hear about Payal's love interest to some other guy in her childhood. But khushi admits that Akash is a very nice guy and she is very happy that she and Akash got married with each other. Her satire makes Akash and Payal giggle more.

After spurting out her dil ki baat to Akash and Payal, she now goes to nani and Anjali to share her feelings. She tells nani that she likes her a lot, but she is not like her nani. Naniji, who has become maudlin after drinking the bhang, gives her a push to hear this . Khushi mends herself that naniji is strict like her nani but she dances as well and both are very nice.

She now comes to Anjali. She first asks her forgiveness. She didn't want to hurt her. Whatever happened, she didn't do it intentionally. Along with everybody Shyam also has a queer feelings, to hear her apology.

"Woh Arnavji hai na, he told me that if I don't marry him, he will."

"khushi, don't you think, you drank too much bhang."

Arnav comes in the crux of the moment to stop her. hai, he is looking so cool in white! He is espying her keenly today. Khushi looks a bit baffled,

"bhang"

She offers him to drink bhang also.

"mai bhang nahi pita" (I don't drink bhang)

He replies grimly.

"Nahi pite, you don't drink, but you should drink and tell what is in your heart."

She demands like an adorable wifey. Arnav looks at her with darting eyes.

"are ha, yehi to woh, oh yes, he is the one who told me to."

Khushi can't complete as Arnav cuts her words.

"khushi jhoot math bolo...don't tell lie."

"jhoot...I'm telling the truth."

His face glints with a mischievous smirk. He deftly prevaricates her and doesn't let her tell the truth. Instead he speaks in deep baritone,

"Khushi kisiko yeh janne ki zarrorat nahi ki jab hum akele hote to kya karte."

(khushi, nobody needs to know, when we are alone what we do.)

I got goose bumps when he said that. It seemed, his subreption indicated his wish. He really wanted to do the things what husband-wife do in privy.

All becomes demur in coy to hear his bold confession.

"Mai bhang nahi pita, aur tum chup rahogi."

(I don't drink bhang and you will keep quiet.)

He puts his finger on her lips to make her silent and drags her with him. Nani and Anjali get ecstatic to see their chotey's pyaar to his wife.

Arnav tells Khushi to put down the bhang glass and admonishes her to drink more.

"Kiyu rakhe.nahi, nahi, nahi (why shall I put down the glass? Never, never, never)...she is obstinate, behaving like a stubborn kid. She doesn't want to stop drinking and promises to make him drunk also. She runs with the bhang glasses.

"Agar rokh sako to rokhlo. Stop me if you can. Today I'll tell everything what is in my mind"

She stumbles while running.

"khushi careful"..he is also alert. He is very much aware of his crazy girl's clumsiness. She trips a lot even in her sanity and he is always there to catch and hold her. Now when she is drunk, it's inevitable that she will stumble. Both come to the table where the drinks are kept. Arnav tells her to put down the glass.

"khushi dekho tum aur nai piogi. You will not drink any more. Put the glass down"

But who listens to sanka devi now. Today she is carefree, effervescing like a free bird. She will drink more and offers him also a glass to drink.

"if you want me to stop, then you have to drink a bit."

She is demanding like a little girl. He again stints her. But she will not listen to his any wish today and will not relinquish as well.

"What about my wish!"

Either he will drink or she will. She starts to drink again. Arnav gets frantic this time and chides her to stop.

"What do you want me to do, that I should drink also"

She nods her head yes. Her innocent demand is irrefutable. So he had to surrender to his stubborn wife. He drinks, but not bhang but thandai. But khushi's keen eyes caught his cheating.

"Aap ramanchi kar rahi hai"

"ramanchi"

"cheating, you are cheating."

"you have to drink again. Otherwise I'll not agree"

In pronto Khushi exchanges the glass of thandai and give him bhang. She now is waiting with a moue. How cute she is looking with a pouted face. I wished if Arnav would've given her a peck on that pouted lips! But he sure didn't get her trick and drank bhang. Anajli watches the scene and gets startled that this time her chottey is not only playing the holi, but drinking bhang also.

Now it's time for Khushi to reveal how she hoodwinked him.

"What do you think that you are very smart? But I'm smarter than you."

She pats on his shoulder.

"Kya hua, balti band ho gayi, aapki taraf se ma hi bol diti ho. What the, what the, what the"

(what happened, you became mute, in that case let me tell you on your behalf, what the, what the, what the.)

She moves away, prancing. Now it's time for Arnav to hiccup.

Khushi, amma, bua, payal, mami all seems are in the state of imbecility, all are now dancing in frisk.

Bhang started to affect Arnav also. His eyes are now are getting murky, and his dil ki baat. starts to coming out from his mouth. Standing in between nani and Anjali, he is getting bedazzled and enthralled by his beautiful wife.

"Kitni sundar lag rahi na Khsuhi. She is beeeauuutiful. Thodi pagal hai, par cute hai."

He is now getting crimson praising her beautiful Khushi.

"Uski baal, uski akhe, uski smile"

"her hair, her eyes, her smile"

A sweet loving smile suffuses his visage. His caramel eyes are dancing with amusement. He has been admiring her beauty since the day she fell in his arm in sheesh mahal. But never could tell. Every time he sees her he gets mesmerized by her beauty. But he always wanted to elude from his thought. Today in inebriated state, it's spurting out from his heart to mouth. He doesn't want to bridle his emotions any more. He starts to traipse towards the dancing Khushi, who is now wayward in joy. There is a contenting smile on Anajli's face to see her lovelorn brother. And nani is blushing to see her grandson's love.

Arnav slowly trudges towards Khushi with unsteady steps. He looks completely adrift by his wayward ethereal woman. He is smiling indulgently at her resilient irrepressible exuberance. She is bewildered to see him and stops dancing. Rabba vey ascends. A seductive, loving smile is glinting from his visage. He holds her and pulls her towards him in pronto. They become oblivious about the people around, just glance at each other appraisingly with their eyes flickering with a lazy smolder in their depth. All the loving memories encompass them; their sensuous teri meri dance, their almost kiss, the payal moment, all are reverberating in their mind. In those moments Khushi was always in rendition; she always craves to be touched by her Arnavji. Anajli is simply overjoyed to see her brother in so much happiness. Today he played holi, he drank bhang and also danced for Khushi.

After starring at her amusedly for a while Arnav twirls her in one swift movement. She swirls and stops. Her mouth is a little agape in amazement. She is aghast to see his usually hard, imperious eyes looking unbelievably soft and tender. Is it her laad governor or somebody else!

Arnav brings Anjali and nani to dance. He also dances, carefree, what is definitely not him, but the Arnav hidden inside ASR. He is just too delectable today. So he takes his sister in a warm embrace. Isn't she the one who always wanted to see him settled and happy in life? 

Suddenly he notices that a guy is trying to get cozy with Khushi. He gets frantic. How dare is he tried to touch his khushi. He holds that guy vehemently.

"Tune meri biwiko hath kaise lagaya."

(how dare you touched my wife.)

"bura na mano, holi hai" the guy apologizes and he forgives him. But where is Khushi? He has to ensconce his biwi, his love, his Khushi.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xxEw0Oup19I[/YOUTUBE]

credit goes to priyatnl

gifs credit goes to tumblr and me.

lovely lovely take, sohara... of a beautiful dil ki baat day.

really... for the first time he has had it with shutting up and bottling his feelings... beautiful scene, the man looking at his woman and adoring her openly.

you are right, anjali called her bhabi and then switched back to khushi ji... one of those unsolved mysteries of ipk... 😆

your detailed look at the day, including mami and takhliaya and kaneez/kameez was great to read.

sanaya was outstanding on this day, in fact all of holi... her make up, costume, dialogues... everything worked and was gorgeous.

my sexy boy 😆 was not to bad either.

pilleeejh tells me, which ones are your gifs. sign them, na. 😳

Edited by indi52 - 10 years ago
aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Episode 227

The episode starts with a gentle reminder of the hurt by shaitaan while a pair of restless eyes follow the clock straining to hear an aahat of the girl who has turned his world upside down never to be the same again. How hard he tries to fool himself.."who cares!".. Fark toh padta hai.. and you know it Arnavji.. Otherwise why would you pretend to sleep while Khushi confides in her confidant Lakshmiji. It is almost 3 days I think in the show and still the hurt lingers in Khushi. She doesn't want to show her face to him the whole day and will only return into the room after he has slept. Though I do find sleeping at 9:00 a little too early for anyone!

But however much she may try Arnav's eyes have found what they have missed for so long. His intense stare at a sleeping Khushi holds me spellbound. leaves me with a feeling of a weary traveller finding an oasis in a hot desert. How thirsty is he for her sight and it amazes me how each look becomes so meaningful. When finally Arnav sleeps I sigh in peace because that is what radiates of the image before me. And then we are treated to another pair of eyes. Honest clear who search for reassurance of a presence. And having found that surrender into dreams of that very person ..her own rajkumar..

An indulgent brother talks to his sister.. I feel touched at Anjali's concern for Khushi and Arnav's happiness. Her words had insight when she says it looks like Khushiji is searching for happiness. To which a grumpy ASR replies.. atleast she is happy.. but di won't be shooed away so easily.. "Chote tum aise kyu ho? ...Kaise di? " Very natural conversation and acting between Barun and Daljeet. We usually don't want others interfering in our lives even though they may be right in their assessment of the situation. Di gives up thinking she can get a better response out of our very own sanka devi,

Maybe she doesn't know what we are silently learning that the days of the Khushi we know are soon getting over. When Anjali explained how chote never likes demonstration of love it left me wondering why.. But when she says he is used to her affection by now and if Khushi tries he will surely respond I remember the ethereal letter their mother had left behind.. "Humare chote ki naakh pe bahut sara gussa rehta hai and dil mein dher sara pyaar...gussa bardasht karna aur pyaar soot samet lautana..  " Simple words describing such a complex man and how to handle him.. Are we left wondering if this is the reaction that Anjali's words should have got out of Khushi.. She who cares about others so much that hides all evidence of her pain from them..how can she not thaw after this? Fascinating is a character who has forced a girl to marry him and yet my heart goes out to him. wants to protect him from the trouble. feels sorry for him as much if not more than the girl fiercely in her weird ott way battling the gloom he has brought in her life. Will she be this way after Anjali tries explaining? Maybe she would because all the times she fought with ASR even when they met the first few times she always spoke more than she intended to.. her anger more potent than actually needed.. and the pull more strong than explainable.. So yes maybe she would spend this day showering her loovveee "laad ... Pyaar" on her husband..

The test drive begins.. In walks ASR tired from a day's work and a scheming planning crazy but cute girl waits to do her kartavya.. "mm no..i don't want any kartavya..stop this ok..  " "damn the kartavya" .. I cannot write anything more about this dialogue than simply quote it!!! he is remembering the jooce in the shoes.. the first time we saw this man curve a lip upwards. hint of a smile which we had no idea would brighten so many lives.. even in his bewildered suspicion we see his urgent concern masked as always "as it is you can't walk straight and you have a dupatta covering your head" ..  Khushi still has a lot up her sleeve.. Smiling coyly she mouths "Sath nibahan sathiya" and Arnav has this incredulous gaping look.. he knows his crazy wife is planning something but for the life of him he has no idea what..

Am quickly skimming over all dreaded references to Miss B..But am left wondering Payal calls her husband by his name..no ji.. doesn't wear a salwar suit to sleep .. knows what happens in a bhachelor party.. maybe she is the more informed of the two sisters. There were a few scenes where her progressive thinking and strength was shown. her handling of the undesirable boss who had brought her unconscious sister home after a terribly trying day.. acceptance of the boon of a broken wedding.. the character did have a glimmer of potential..

Early morning a still veiled Khushi moves forward with her emotional atyachar (term borrowed from sbs segment). We watch a hand raised of own accord.. caress the lock of hair on his forehead while he sleeps on.. Glimpse of the Khushi I so badly want to hold on to.. when there is so much love in the heart it almost spills out.. can't be hidden and in these rare moments we see that in Khushi.. he wasn't irritated by the lock so it was not out of concern.. just the inexplicable attraction to touch.. a mirror to the scene long ago in a lonely guesthouse.. two orphans very similar in some shades yet a whole rainbow of colors separating them in all others.. But Khushi can't be sidetracked.. Stern reminder that this is time of war.. duty calls.. no time for love.. or more like all the time to start showing the love!

Hysterically funny dialogues are to follow.. sleepy groggy eyes and a grumpy face.. how an actor manages all this is beyond me.. "who the hell is swami? " "apke what the ke karan chai thandi ho ri swami.." tug of war with his leg but he is genuinely perturbed.. "Khushi kya hua hai tumhe" .. "aur ye ghunghat hatao" .. is it my ears or did it really sound that way..  not anger but intimacy.. no stranger can say these words to you and definitely not this way.. amidst all these jokes I see a liberal man.. who doesn't want his wife behaving like a bahu.. who does not like anything traditional and to him "actually Arnav would be just fine".. in fact even laad governer is better.

Sanya with her comic timing is brilliant as always.. her "phis phis parfume" has me giggling ..and arnav's disgruntled air has me in splits..  Walks out with a towel around his torso and the wet hair.. a few days back this sight had disoriented Khushi but now again we witness the increasing familiarity with proximity.. the gradual acceptance that she is his wife.. or maybe this is all in my head and Khushi was just too busy enjoying her scheming and planning working so well to notice anything else... "kaanto wala phool".. Hahaha..and am wondering how Arnavji would look with the garden on him if he did try on the green flowery shirt. She dashes into the wall and am happy because ( apart from the fact that I do that all the time..) for her a worried arnav instinctively yells out. How many times we are shown how "har baar" her slightest "hurt" se fark parta hai..  to me this is love! And somehow even with all the rabba ve's Arshi manage to not be mushy but crazily endearingly "ajeeb" .. And that is what has me hooked on to this show..

Arnav and Aakash always have great scenes together (in this case when one of them is not even on screen).. Akash is the only one who keeps his closet keys with him.. must be something to do with protecting all his red and pink shirts! ASR restorts to what he does best.. yell for Hari  Prakash and treat us to some of the exquisite anger!

And finally he walks down in a red shirt.. My take.. he is conscious of his new colorful look yes but for me still very ASR! What's in a dress ? A rose maybe as red.. but ASR will still smell as sweet as the Parfume his wife gave him..
indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: aarwen

Episode 227

The episode starts with a gentle reminder of the hurt by shaitaan while a pair of restless eyes follow the clock straining to hear an aahat of the girl who has turned his world upside down never to be the same again. How hard he tries to fool himself..
"who cares!" in ufff accent, of course and all "r"s rolling 😆.. Fark toh padta hai.. and you know it Arnavji.. Otherwise why would you pretend to sleep while Khushi confides in her confidant Lakshmiji. It is almost 3 days I think in the show and still the hurt lingers in Khushi. She doesn't want to show her face to him the whole day and will only return into the room after he has slept. Though I do find sleeping at 9:00 a little too early for anyone! haw, he's chhotey na. 😳

But however much she may try Arnav's eyes have found what they have missed for so long. His intense stare at a sleeping Khushi holds me spellbound.
leaves me with a feeling of a weary traveller finding an oasis in a hot desert. How thirsty is he for her sight and it amazes me how each look becomes so meaningful. a weary traveller in an oasis... this is beautiful and one can write a chapter on this aspect of the two of them... fabulous simile, aarwen... he is tired in his own way, and parched, the sun has beaten down on him harsh and long... and suddenly she comes, like shade, like cool, fluid, thirst quenching, like a place to rest and be let off the harshness that he must bear. i too fell for that long look he gave her, relishing every second of it, not shying away, not denying, just drinking in... a peace entering his heart so he can sleep. such beautiful moments. When finally Arnav sleeps I sigh in peace because that is what radiates of the image before me. And then we are treated to another pair of eyes. Honest clear who search for reassurance of a presence. And having found that surrender into dreams of that very person ..her own rajkumar.. her beastly lover boy 😆 whom she can't help but love... and evidence of that coming up shortly.

An indulgent brother talks to his sister.. I feel touched at Anjali's concern for Khushi and Arnav's happiness. Her words had insight when she says it looks like Khushiji is searching for happiness. To which a grumpy ASR replies.. atleast she is happy.. but di won't be shooed away so easily.. "Chote tum aise kyu ho? ...Kaise di? " Very natural conversation and acting between Barun and Daljeet. We usually don't want others interfering in our lives even though they may be right in their assessment of the situation. Di gives up thinking she can get a better response out of our very own sanka devi,

Maybe she doesn't know what we are silently learning that the days of the Khushi we know are soon getting over. When Anjali explained how chote never likes demonstration of love it left me wondering why.. But when she says he is used to her affection by now and if Khushi tries he will surely respond I remember the ethereal letter their mother had left behind.. "Humare chote ki naakh pe bahut sara gussa rehta hai and dil mein dher sara pyaar...gussa bardasht karna aur pyaar soot samet lautana..  " Simple words describing such a complex man and how to handle him.. Are we left wondering if this is the reaction that Anjali's words should have got out of Khushi.. She who cares about others so much that hides all evidence of her pain from them..how can she not thaw after this? Fascinating is a character who has forced a girl to marry him and yet my heart goes out to him. wants to protect him from the trouble. feels sorry for him as much if not more than the girl fiercely in her weird ott way battling the gloom he has brought in her life. this was always a wonder to me... the acting really was what made me feel the way i did... and so often without a single word. i would think of characters like heathcliff and quasimodo and othello so often when i watched first. Will she be this way after Anjali tries explaining? Maybe she would because all the times she fought with ASR even when they met the first few times she always spoke more than she intended to.. her anger more potent than actually needed.. and the pull more strong than explainable.. So yes maybe she would spend this day showering her loovveee "laad ... Pyaar" on her husband..

The test drive begins.. In walks ASR tired from a day's work and a scheming planning crazy but cute girl waits to do her kartavya.. "mm no..i don't want any kartavya..stop this ok..  " "damn the kartavya" . this one line has killed many srong and sturdy women across thelength and breadth of the universe. 😆. I cannot write anything more about this dialogue than simply quote it!!! he is remembering the jooce in the shoes.. the first time we saw this man curve a lip upwards. well he did give his sis a strange smile on the saansey ruk jaagi da... but yeah that killer smile of 75, so much started there... lovely that you to think of that... hint of a smile which we had no idea would brighten so many lives.. even in his bewildered suspicion we see his urgent concern masked as always "as it is you can't walk straight and you have a dupatta covering your head" ..  Khushi still has a lot up her sleeve.. Smiling coyly she mouths "Sath nibahan sathiya" and Arnav has this incredulous gaping look.. he knows his crazy wife is planning something but for the life of him he has no idea what..

Am quickly skimming over all dreaded references to Miss B 🤣
🤣
  ..But am left wondering Payal calls her husband by his name..no ji.. doesn't wear a salwar suit to sleep .. knows what happens in a bhachelor party.. maybe she is the more informed of the two sisters. There were a few scenes where her progressive thinking and strength was shown. her handling of the undesirable boss who had brought her unconscious sister home after a terribly trying day.. acceptance of the boon of a broken wedding.. the character did have a glimmer of potential.. loads of potential, and deepali was a good actor, she and khushi looked like sisters... good chemistry there, and with akshay, in fact the whole payal akash track came up later when they saw how well these two gelled... but then of course, complete loss of interest by writers. sad.

Early morning a still veiled Khushi moves forward with her emotional atyachar (term borrowed from sbs segment). We watch a hand raised of own accord.. caress the lock of hair on his forehead while he sleeps on.. Glimpse of the Khushi I so badly want to hold on to.. when there is so much love in the heart it almost spills out.. can't be hidden and in these rare moments we see that in Khushi.. he wasn't irritated by the lock so it was not out of concern.. just the inexplicable attraction to touch.. a mirror to the scene long ago in a lonely guesthouse.. nice connection 👏two orphans very similar in some shades yet a whole rainbow of colors separating them in all others.. But Khushi can't be sidetracked.. Stern reminder that this is time of war.. duty calls.. no time for love.. or more like all the time to start showing the love!

Hysterically funny dialogues are to follow.. sleepy groggy eyes and a grumpy face.. how an actor manages all this is beyond me..😃 "who the hell is swami? " "apke what the ke karan chai thandi ho ri swami.." tug of war with his leg but he is genuinely perturbed.. "Khushi kya hua hai tumhe" .. "aur ye ghunghat hatao" .. is it my ears or did it really sound that way..  not anger but intimacy.. yesss, very well said. all the damn time the gussa is like  arough, wilful carress that pulls her to him, there is a reason a i rave and rant about this actor... his understanding of character and situation is so deep. no stranger can say these words to you and definitely not this way.. amidst all these jokes I see a liberal man.. who doesn't want his wife behaving like a bahu.. who does not like anything traditional and to him "actually Arnav would be just fine".. in fact even laad governer is better.

🤣 

Sanya with her comic timing is brilliant as always.. her "phis phis parfume" has me giggling ..and arnav's disgruntled air has me in splits..  Walks out with a towel around his torso and the wet hair.. a few days back this sight had disoriented Khushi but now again we witness the increasing familiarity with proximity.. the gradual acceptance that she is his wife.. or maybe this is all in my head and Khushi was just too busy enjoying her scheming and planning working so well to notice anything else... "kaanto wala phool".. Hahaha..and am wondering how Arnavji would look with the garden on him if he did try on the green flowery shirt. She dashes into the wall and am happy because ( apart from the fact that I do that all the time..) for her a worried arnav instinctively yells out. How many times we are shown how "har baar" her slightest "hurt" se fark parta hai..  to me this is love! And somehow even with all the rabba ve's Arshi manage to not be mushy but crazily endearingly "ajeeb" .. And that is what has me hooked on to this show..

Arnav and Aakash always have great scenes together (in this case when one of them is not even on screen).. Akash is the only one who keeps his closet keys with him.. must be something to do with protecting all his red and pink shirts! 😆 😆 😆ASR restorts to what he does best.. yell for Hari  Prakash and treat us to some of the exquisite anger!

And finally he walks down in a red shirt.. My take.. he is conscious of his new colorful look yes but for me still very ASR! What's in a dress ? A rose maybe as red.. but ASR will still smell as sweet as the Parfume his wife gave him..

aarwen

loved reading your take... funny, insightful, and totally in love with ipk... i don't need anything else. 

swami track starts, it's a touching episode, i was watching this morning before coming to work. both sanaya and barun's timing i thought was ufff. 

my comments in blue everywhere. i feel for this man... such a lunatic, utterly useless at the love thing... but dimag ticking, not for a moment is he taken in by her "natak". so cute, he is willing to put up with all her drama even though he is convinced she is having an affair with shyam... what is this if not love. and she, despite all his dragging pulling insulting, her hand must touch his hair, her heart must break when she thinks he doesn't want to see her... no, this can't be love. 😆.

thanks and don't forget to damn the kartavya.
indi52 thumbnail

and every night, the beast asked her, "will you marry me?"

a shot from episode 243.
DurgaS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

and every night, the beast asked her, "will you marry me?"

a shot from episode 243.

Run for cover, the beast cometh. Or is he?

Awesome, awesome edits Indi. ⭐️👏
DurgaS thumbnail

Disclaimer: Please do not copy my work anywhere. If you do, please give credit.

Episode 227-228

Parody on the song 'Tumhi Mere Mandir, Tumhi Meri Puja' from the movie 'Khandaan'

Swami

Tumhi pati parmeshwar, tumhi mere devta,
Tumhi Swami ho, tumhi Swami ho
Charanon ko pakde, hilungi nahin main,
Kshama swami kardo, kshama swami kardo

Tumhari saari cheezon ko rakhdoon,
Chai ki garama garam pyaali pakadadoon
Harey bharey kapde tumhe pehnadoon,
Tumhi bagiya ho, tumhi bagiya ho

Tumhare liye main Pooja karloon,
Tumhare khane ko pehle chak loon
Tumhe apne maathe ki bindiya sajaa doon,
Tumhi swami ho, tumhi swami ho

Translation:  

You are my husband, you are my God,
You are my Swami, you are my Swami 
Holding the feet, I will not move,
Give me forgiveness Swami, give me forgiveness Swami,

I will keep all your things,
I will give you hot hot tea  
I wiill give you leafy green clothes to wear,
You are the garden, you are the garden  

For you I do Pooja ,
I taste your food first  
I will adorn you with my bindiya,

Edited by DurgaS - 10 years ago
DurgaS thumbnail

"my name is not my lord," replied the monster, "but beast; i don't love compliments, not i. i like people to speak as they think; and so do not imagine, i am to be moved by any of your flattering speeches. but you say you have got daughters. i will forgive you, on condition that one of them come willingly, and suffer for you. let me have no words, but go about your business, and swear that if your daughter refuse to die in your stead, you will return within three months."

~~~ jeanne-marie leprince de beaumont, beauty and the beast ~~~

would like to chat about raj kumar, shaitan, women and their expectations re whom they will marry and such stuff.

also about love meaning you gotta love the beast not just the prince...

i may not be too coherent...

completely whacked right now, back from a beautiful but strenuous trip, and two whiskies down... but 226 bothers me... got to place it in the structure somewhere.

one of the most stunning first episodes i have seen was ipk's... so full, so detailed and such a fabulous opener... key aspects of the story all there... except for shyam.

it starts on a wedding. weddings are a major concern in india... somehow there is this premium attached to it... our cultural norms are such, that no matter how educated or independent or "modern" or "westernised" we may be, girls are constantly being told about when they will get married, etc., also a notion of the prince or the raj kumar who will come to marry one.

of course, the prince is a constant in  most european fairy tales, perhaps all fairy tales.

in the idea of the raj kumar is perhaps the collective desire of women in what they look for in the man with whom they hope to make a permanent relationship.

first episode... she's haring off on her scooter to meet a man who is about to marry her sis, she's dressed for the occasion, people stare at her... maybe she's  a runaway bride... again in nainital days this idea comes up... she was always a bride maybe.

anyway this large family stares at her and by way of explanation she says she's got a drama competition on at school and so is going dressed up as "rajkumari".

prompt comes the curious boy's question, so where's your rajkumar.

and a second later, the helicopter drone is in... rajkumar is here.

after this, the theme of what kind of a guy one wants to marry has come up, especially in the lovely conversation garima has with her daughters in 127 and 128...

she says in 127:
"aur kuch toh.. kuch toh shadiya itni jaldi jaldi tai ho jaati hai ki, hum apne aap se poochte rah jaate hain ki yeh jo bhi hum kar rahe hain kya sahi kar rahe hain? kaun hai yeh insaan jisske saath hum poori zindagi bitane ja rahe hain? hum toh theek tarah se isse jaante tak nahin... hazzaron sawal poochte hain... lekin jawab ek bhi nahin milta...  kahe? ki oo jawab zindagi jeekar hi milte hain... aur kabhi wahi rishte jeevan bhar ka saath ban jaate hain..."

"and some... some weddings get fixed so fast, that we are left asking ourselves that this what we are doing, is it even right? who is this person with whom we're going to spend our whole lives? we don't even know this person well... thousands of questions we ask... but not even one answer we find... why? because that answer is found by living this life... and sometimes that relationship becomes the mainstay of ones whole life..."

in 128, she completes her thought.

"jeevan mein halat kaise bhi ho achhe burey... koi faraq nahin padta... jeevan saathi achha hona chahiye. bas."

"whatever the conditions may be in life, good or bad... doesn't make a difference... one's life partner should be good, that's all."

shaitan/rajkumar doesn't come up but it's a beautiful chat about what makes a life partner... a hint that preconceived notions can come in the way... it's only after you live a life with a person the many questions you have about the one you marry get answered and that relationship becomes essential to existence along the way.

in 226 the rajkumar idea comes back, but this time with the added element of shaitan. is he beast, is he prince? while i did not like the choice of tale or perhaps more, the execution of the episode... i have to say there is a lovely idea it brings up...

they never spoke of this in the show, but there was a wondrous condition that had to be fulfilled if the prince had to be released from the curse in beauty and the beast.

someone had to love him as he was... ugly, unpolished, not at all rajkumar like... someone had to love him as the beast... only then would he be free of the curse.

belle loved the beast as he was... not because she thought he was the prince, not because he looked handsome, not because she was less scared, she loved his many virtues... she just loved him. that was all.

here too, khushi grew to love him for whatever he was... no matter how monstrous he appeared at times, she could sense his beauty, his loving heart, his conscience, even his kindness... the most touching sign of that came when he finally told her why he had married her. yes, she was at first enraged that he should think such a thing of her, but soon enough her entire concern became him, how bad he must be feeling, how she had to prove to him that this was not the case. she did this not to prove her innocence, but because she didn't want him to suffer. and later came the most poignant confession of love ever... without using the word love even once... her soliloquy about the feelings that grow in nafrat, in hatred... and feeling in all of that which says, give it a chance.

khushi went further than belle, she loved the beastly bits of her man and his essential prince. 

a sense of love beyond the pretty stories of princes and princesses all the time in ipk. perhaps that's why it was so real.

but back to beauty and the beast... after 226, the theme of shaitan/rajkumar continues in 242 during preeto's wedding... when khushi sees him with the bridegroom and realises he had a hand in the whole resolution of the problem.

"kaun hai yeh... shaitan yehi... rajkumar yehi... ek insaan ke do chehre... hum inhen kabhi samajh hi nahin paayenge, ek pal me itna pyaar... aur doosre pal mein inse itna dar lagta hai..."

"who is he... monster is he... prince is he... one person and two faces... i will never be able to understand him, in one instant so much love... in the next i feel so scared of him..."

words similar to what she'd wondered about in 225 when she saw him loving and gentle with his sister and recalled his uncalled for brutality with her the night before.

later she described asr to her mother as "duniya ke sabse achhe pati" the best husband in the world, attributing to him several rajkumar qualities... which no doubt he had. but again the beauty of it was that it wasn't true yet... and still she loved him... her own shaitan.

i have no idea if the rajkumar/shaitan thing was explored or alluded to later... but obviously 225 was the starting point of the exploration of asr in a more stated way, with her first ponderings on his complexity... his two sides.

in 226 this is made even more apparent using the beauty and the beast story... and through the gh track we will see shades of this exploration, how he seems to be one guy, but is in fact much more complex, nuanced.

the same man who without consulting anyone brusquely orders a whole airconditioner set up in someone else's house, is also sensitive to the elder's fears and needs... adjusts with things he feels he ought to, shows extreme respect to garima ji, bua ji, babu ji... and how sensitively he handles the issue of rations for the house.

khushi thinks he knows nothing about how the other half lives... that he looks down on the middle class but in fact, she starts seeing his virtues right here in this milieu, none of which she expected to find in him.

in the fairytale the beast would ask belle every night if she'd marry him and she'd say "no", because she could not go beyond his ugliness till she was ready to.

at gh he'd lie next to her night after night, so often a heart touching emotion in his eyes, a mix of regret remorse love helplessness and more, maybe his heart was asking khushi what he had wanted to ask that day not so far away... will you marry me.

Just read this Indi. I was wondering why you went all the way to 243 for an edit. Got my answer here.

The Rajkumar talk started in the first epi itself, thanks for the reminder. And how stealthily it kept coming back. We are in a crucial mode vis-a-vis the Beauty and Beast story in IPK. Khushi is realising her love for the beast that refuses to subside inspite of his constant animosity. But isn't it the same for Arnav, he is loving her inspite of her so-called betrayal.

Javeria3991 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: DurgaS

Disclaimer: Please do not copy my work anywhere. If you do, please give credit.

Episode 227-228

Parody on the song 'Tumhi Mere Mandir, Tumhi Meri Puja' from the movie 'Khandaan'

Swami

Tumhi pati parmeshwar, tumhi mere devta,
Tumhi Swami ho, tumhi Swami ho
Charanon ko pakde, hilungi nahin main,
Kshama swami kardo, kshama swami kardo

Tumhari saari cheezon ko rakhdoon,
Chai ki garama garam pyaali pakadadoon
Harey bharey kapde tumhe pehnadoon,
Tumhi bagiya ho, tumhi bagiya ho

Tumhare liye main Pooja karloon,
Tumhare khane ko pehle chak loon
Tumhe apne maathe ki bindiya sajaa doon,
Tumhi swami ho, tumhi swami ho

Translation:  

You are my husband, you are my God,
Holding the feet, I will not move,
Give me forgiveness Swami, give me forgiveness Swami,😆 😳

I will keep all your things,
I will give you hot hot tea  😆 
I wiill give you leafy green clothes to wear,
You are the garden, you are the garden  😆 

For you I do Pooja ,
I taste your food first  
I will adorn you with my bindiya,

Fantastic poem Di. It's so hilarious and so cute.
Love it. 
wiwy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

🤣 And can I add breaking beds after marriage to ensure that happily ever after! No fairytale will give you that!😆