Blast from the Past Thread #23!!Catch up and some ott!! pg 114 epi 230 - Page 36

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mysticaldivine thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Chalhov...Congratulations for completing 20000 Posts đŸĽł...

Edited by ArshiHamesha - 10 years ago
viv04 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@Arshi
Thank you so much for indepth explanation of mission 100, mission di, mission bath and mission soap. Loved it all.
Mindboggling Dhak Dhak train. Your interpretation of the A talk in the kitchen, height of insanity. Take a bow crazy writer! Now need some time to come out of this zolt of dhak dhak, really!
Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Arshi, you know why.

Thanks for that "Dhak Dhak train"...ever since she gave that "green" signal on that stage.. there is NO stopping this train!
aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: viv04

@Arshi
Thank you so much for indepth explanation of mission 100, mission di, mission bath and mission soap. Loved it all.
Mindboggling Dhak Dhak train. Your interpretation of the A talk in the kitchen, height of insanity. Take a bow crazy writer! Now need some time to come out of this zolt of dhak dhak, really!

Completely agree with viv04.. Arshihamesha you can make everything that I so badly wanted to be meaningful actually feel meaningful with your words.. đŸ‘
DurgaS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: wiwy

Congratulations to both of you! Aarwen and Chalhov!🥳A relative new comer and an old old timer!😃 How IPK binds us together! We all aim to reach your credentials one day Chalhov dear! 

Wiwy, good observation. Very well put. Chalhov, here we come, in a few years time. 😆 

Congrats to both once again. 😳
DurgaS thumbnail

Originally posted by: ArshiHamesha

Thnx viv đŸ˜Š

GH is a meaningful track yet the way it is directed with OTT style that is something.

First as a girl , young and before marriage we always have a sense of belonging, sense of safety and peace naturally without any hesitation when we sleep in our room, in our bed , where we are used since childhood...very natural and freedom in sleep just occupied us unintentionally.So is with Khushi and she sleeps in TWando way because in her mind she is still not properly married and she is in her room in her bed...when he inquires Ghar par tou aise nahin soti...yahan par kyuon...as he is not familiar with that yet.

But at the same time she wanted to cross that Arnav Rekha...😆 because she wants to be touched and caressed by him..has craving for him and wants to touch him as she did during Swami track...caressing his hair and then come back to her senses ..that she is on mission of 100 ways...just like he refused of all Holi because he is on mission for his Di...Hisaab baraber always

You are right she wanted to see her folks comfortable and was making sure with all of her OTT style because whenever she is worried she acts clown, makes Jalaibis, talks non stop...because later when she does that during Sheetal track , he knows Sheetal or something is bugging her up ...

but here is the thing...

He comes to GH and starts with his Raizada style...AC is fitting in the room, all of his goodies are on display but "why did she bring him here.." to irritate him...NO..she brought him here to see the life of simple ppl but WHY , he was out of Sheesh Mahal , definitely had seen some harsh days before reaching up here...but his mind is SET that ppl and gals from this middle class are just like that and do anything for money ...so he has to see the women of this class closely ...old , young doesn't matter...NOT ALL WOMEN ARE ALIKE or the ppl of this class ...that was the key and at the top they came closer understanding this fact of life.The ppl of this class have some class and he says this to her on the road side...itni achi tarbiyat keh bawajood tum ney aisa karne ki jurat kaisey ki...

Then Preeto wedding comes along which clearly shows him how much difficulties and humiliations this class has to suffer during their girl's marriage and he FIXES the problem by sending the message that if men and boys want they can convince their families too...

Now come back to Public Bath...Did anyone make fun at him...NO
Did anyone said anything ..NO
It was the proof that it is a NEED of the ppl in this class to struggle and find ways of survival...he thinks it is humiliation at first, and she knows he will be in full rage  but she is in her Sanka mode with 100 ways to reach to the truth of their marriage...BUT when he sees ppl live their life like that and it was not an affront or insult  and it is the way of life and at the same time he starts changing her mind by helping her family ...which makes her change and her OTT stops and now her focus is Finding Truth of their marriage...
In the mean time She makes him mechanic because he challenges her...tum har kam nahin kar sakti and I am your need ...but did she get that part??... NO ...she is in process and so is he...

I also took it this way as two scenes are parallel...Bubbly with soap , Shyam pours water on Anjali and Anjali does the same... and during this process SOAP which has a key mark gets melted...right...and here soap is all over on Arnav...Difficulties created by SHyam for him..as the file and the will is moving around...That public bath also indicates extreme difficulties for him where he will not be able to come out and Khushi will remove his soap , his difficulties and that's exactly happened later ...Shyam kidnapped him...and she went through all to get him and yes SHE CAN DO Something alone too but again SHE NEEDED him the most by feeling that emptiness...and SHYAM was making it difficult for her too 

Anjali did try her best but to clean that creep but she couldn't , because ganga jal can't pure dirty souls...

Sorry for my blabbering...I must shut up now

Faiqa, what an explanation! Huge round of applause. 👏 Feels so good reading this. If you keep doing this, I think we will wade through this ott period smoothly. 😳 

Aur aap to suttapiya na hi karo to behtar hai ... 😉 

DurgaS thumbnail

Originally posted by: Horizon

Jan 27th 2012, an episode watched a gazillion times .. every time with a little somersault inside... simple, witty, classy romance... two years on... and the magic never fades!

She questions him with all her haq.. "kahan gaye, kisi ko batha ke kyon nahi gaye, hum sab kitne pareshan hai.. haan..aap ke liye".. He charmed of her concern ...and brief return of that "farq"...but she would slip away...he knew she missed him!

She fidgets with her mehendi in the kitchen, panics at the disclosure of matters of her heart.. the shatir dimaag returns...grabs the moment... his name on her palm... ingrained in her lines of destiny...again her witty cover up "hamara naam me bhi A hai"! He knew she was HIS!

She enters the lion's den hiding all the panic for what has transpired between them few minutes ago in the kitchen...

While retrieving that piece of jewelry from that pool...his unintended yet very casual proximity makes her restless.. as always.. and he had to make sure "tum theek ho".. .. she is NOT.. yet she has to substantiate her self sufficiency ... the feisty girl who  darthi hai par karthi hai proclaims "hum hark kam khud kar sakthe hain"...

With his new found comfort, assurance and right on her ...he wouldn't hesitate to dispute her claim.. and throws a challenge at her.. an intimate one... their love song paces as he draws her dupatta closer... "lagi shart"... THE most sensuous words one would hear from a man all consumed by this girl ...and the sound of a peck on her cheek.. ..that would reverberate  even after 2 years.. GAME ON!

Romance like one comes across very rarely...top of the game acting where a little nod here, a smirk there, raising of an eye brow here, a little mischief in the eyes there would make one stroll endlessly on the streets of romance of ASR and Khushi!

"Wave after wave of love flooded the stage and washed over me, the beginning of the one great durable romance of my life" ... the romance of ASR and Khushi!

credit to the uploader.

Abhi kuyen se nikle they, ab khayi mein giradiyo! (Just got out of the well, now pushed us into the trench.) We are just recovering from teri meri and smack, you bring in the sound. Ah, I am just lost. 😳

DurgaS thumbnail
I have updated most of the current thread links in this post. Please take a look. If any links are missing, please pm me with the same. Here's the link

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
episode 226

a much loved popular fairy tale now comes into play to take us into the heart and mind of asr and khushi.

my feeling honestly, a too obvious ploy, not very ipk. how to establish khushi's hurt and the complexity of asr using a fairy tale... is he monster, is he prince? somehow felt unsubtle and missed the pitch, my view strictly. of course the little touches, such as on the call to aman, he avers someone is trying to use the media to ruin ar's image, portraying them as monsters, etc., were nice details.

the writing of this episode i felt was somehow not from the heart. nani's explanation as to why the kids will be studying so late... while painting a true picture of many kids' life in india today, felt unreal. most importantly, if there is any commitment to kids... then how come this whole project was abandoned conveniently once the beauty and beast tale was established?

and more significantly, what does that really say about khushi? or khushi doesn't really matter? once before she was shown doing classes, then no mention of that.. now again... because writer needed a convenient hook to hang a fairy tale on.

i understand to take one to a fairy tale, the easiest way is to involve kids... for heer ranjha a stage was needed and a tacky idea thought up. fine, not arguing, this is a serial and all sorts of such weird things do happen, even n life. but this casual rush in and out of tuition class, ah well.

there are other ways to take us to beauty and the beast if one must. but as i said, i found the choice of story a bit flat.

harpreet and nikhil however were the kind of brats i like to watch. especially nikhil, the layered one... he with the specs and so easily scared but it is he that will brave the shaitan, offer chilli, try to fix the fearless harpreet and also read what he is not supposed to. the boy will go far in life and hopefully not abandon his complexity ever. even if the front teeth grow back.

this time round, sanaya's beautifully delivered dialogues on how a man can be such a beast and a prince at the same time, didn't touch my heart. what heer ranjha and holi had communicated were for some reason right, while this was forced. i feel as an actor, sanaya did try but was not really convinced. i have watched her fascinated doing the kans and krishna story... heer ranjha, really, she suddenly caught the wind and sailed to such a far off beautiful place you had to go with her.

aisa kyun hota hai... when she had an absurd question to ask, that too of a man who had been miserable to her was beautiful. one could write pages on that one scene.

beauty and the beast with the apt little red rose and the plant story might have worked, but the idea didn't fly, i felt it stayed too tied in the creatives' mind... not released into a beautiful execution of a concept.

however i did enjoy a couple of things.

like the fact that khushi is hurt and is feeling it... she is ready to show her "upset" to this man whom she loves, just because maybe she loves him. an "apnapan" in this. a lovely moment when he surprises her. she almost reaches out to admonish him, and then remembering that he'd hurt her, she turns away... just as we do sometimes in our lives.

his struggle with himself as he heard her narration touched me, the sadness in her voice... he was unhappy to see her thus, though he believed she was having an affair and was not at all as innocent as she looked...

i enjoyed his handling of the kids... but not as much as i had enjoyed the kanya puja episodes, here there was a big sign over the entire episode which read "CUTESIE PIE", barun's struggle to save asr from it was commendable.

did he succeed? only because of his disbelieving then irritated/hurt/grumpy air upon hearing that he was shaitan and she sundari... and then that rakish way in which he ticked her off and told her to go look at the many mirrors of the house if she thought she was sundari. awful handwriting was so lovely...
and why did i get the feeling asr indulged in a bit of sublime flirting?

oh she sensed it alright... that gritted teeth on the see mirror note.

ha ha... that is why i am still hanging on to, waiting for 227.

sorry can't do edits, away from home, on kith and kin's laptop, not too comfortable with it, but... that smile upon reading harpreet's note is one for the books, hopefully will do an edit soon.
Edited by indi52 - 10 years ago
aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: indi52

episode 226

a much loved popular fairy tale now comes into play to take us into the heart and mind of asr and khushi.

my feeling honestly, a too obvious ploy, not very ipk. how to establish khushi's hurt and the complexity of asr using a fairy tale... is he monster, is he prince? somehow felt unsubtle and missed the pitch, my view strictly. of course the little touches, such as on the call to aman, he avers someone is trying to use the media to ruin ar's image, portraying them as monsters, etc., were nice details.

i enjoyed his handling of the kids... but not as much as i had enjoyed the kanya puja episodes, here there was a big sign over the entire episode which read "CUTESIE PIE", barun's struggle to save asr from it was commendable.

did he succeed? only because of his disbelieving then irritated/hurt/grumpy air upon hearing that he was shaitan and she sundari... and then that rakish way in which he ticked her off and told her to go look at the many mirrors of the house if she thought she was sundari. awful handwriting was so lovely...
and why did i get the feeling asr indulged in a bit of sublime flirting?

Indi Di hope you are enjoying your trip. You aptly put my thoughts in words! There was something just not right about the whole premise. One of the few episodes I did not feel like watching again after the first time I watched it.

But now during the rerun ASR was what saved the day again and again. Barun somehow manages to make every scene he is in perfect. I was looking at each movement and laughing at the insane situation the writers had put him in. But he stuck to his ASR throughout. Even provided some great moments in all this chaos.

I guess now for each episode we will soon reach a point where only a few scenes will be worth remembering and thinking about đŸ˜˛ . Ofcourse we have ArshiHamesha to make sense of all this madness for us đŸ˜Š.