India Forums is one of the largest platforms that contains Indian Fan fiction. We encourage all creative people to create and share their stories on our platform. Please understand that this is a family-friendly forum and the members belong to different age groups. We need to follow certain guidelines while posting fiction keeping in mind the different ages and mindsets of the members.
Fiction posted in India Forums is for everyone and we offer creative liberty. Having said that we need to follow rules while posting a story and the members who are reading the stories need to maintain decorum to keep the forum friendly and comfortable.
We hope that as a writer and a reader you enjoy your journey with us.
1) Please note that this is a family-friendly website. There are members who are underage. A writer must follow these guidelines and it is compulsory to rate the fiction. If you fail/purposely do not rate then strict action will be taken against that author. The rating is given so that they reach the correct audience. Keeping in mind their age we have categorised the fiction into following
2) Authors are expected to be responsible for the content they post and alert to any possible triggers it may have. Please be extra vigilant about the warnings because you never know what might be upsetting or triggering to someone.
We request you to use the rating feature in the ff section to mark your story appropriately for its content.
Fiction posted before 20/06/2022 must apply the ratings within a month of the publication of these rules.
3) An author must mention in the Author's Note in every story that he/she writes in addition to other information are as follows (IF ANY):
4) Self-Harm Parameters should be kept in mind while writing: We will not allow fiction or a part of fiction that encourages or when a character instructs another character on self-harm. Not just self-harm, it can also be substance abuse or enticement into criminal activity. We will encourage fiction or a part of fiction that talks about recovery, survival or that portrays the negative consequences of self-harm.
5) Child Abuse Parameters: India Forums will not allow descriptive mention or graphical mention about child abuse under any ratings. An Author can just mention it without any detailed description.
6) What is not allowed to be posted on FanFiction Section or any fan fiction in the show forums?
Please note that this isn't a complete list and will be updated from time to time, depending on the user base on IF. It can be modified and we hold the right to remove any fiction or contact which we feel is not appropriate for the site and the users.
7) We will not allow RP (Real People) Fiction in India Forums or self-insert fiction (second-person stories where the reader or writer plays the romantic interest opposite a fictional character)
8) Tagging actors in stories in the FF section is not equivalent to RP fiction. Tagging actors in stories is a useful feature because it helps to bring together all the FFs about all the characters played by one actor under one tag in the FF section.
9) Insensitivity towards groups of people, and labelling will be redacted. The author will be asked to remove that content.
1) It is important to respect the author and the writer who is taking out their time and posting their creativity to entertain us. Please note that it takes a lot of courage and hard work to come up with any creative matters. Please don't say something that may hurt the feeling of the author and in the process, he/she loses interest in pursuing his/her hobby. Some might not mind the criticism coming from their readers but some might be sensitive. If you don't like something, you can either pm them directly or politely explain. Please remember that we don't know what the other person is facing in his/her life.
2) We promote healthy discussion in the ff section. However, this section is mostly about stories, so discussion about the show/main source material that deviates from the story posted will be under scouting. Please put across your views in a respectable manner in the open forum. Try not to hurt the sentiments of the author and other readers. Keep the chatting minimum and avoid two-word comments with smilies.
3) While most authors are open to constructive criticism, please avoid unnecessary nitpicking. If you wish to offer a detailed critique, you can ask the author if they would be open to receiving a PM from you detailing what you thought needed to be corrected. Authors have the right to ask the FFEs to delete any comment that might be hurtful to their sentiments or provide an unnecessarily detailed and unsolicited critique of their story.
4) If you come across any violation please use the report button to report the fan fiction. Please be specific about the violation part instead of being generic. If there is no report button contact the fan fiction editors by messaging/PMing them. It will take about 24-90hrs to deal with the report. Just pm one editor instead of sending it to all. If she doesn't take care or reply then you can contact the other one.
6) Violence, Hateful comments and Instigation: Comments that are solely meant to instigate the author and other members, spreading hatred and comparing with other's work/fiction in a negative light shall be removed. Members will get warnings in such incidents.
7) Sharing Personal Information: We will remove any personal information posted openly and we would like to tell you not to post your personal information on social media.
8) Discussion on race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, age, or sexual orientation comments made by the reader that are intended to bully, threaten, or harass others, is also strictly prohibited.
Plagiarizing a PORTION/ PARAGRAPH: The member will get an immediate raise in warning level by 20%, along with a three-day closure of their fan fiction with a notice of plagiarism with the plagiarized content removed! Each individual offence will be considered as a separate instance!
Example: If a member was reported to have plagiarized in two separate fan fictions in this manner, their W/L will be raised by 40% along with three-day closure for both FFs with notice of plagiarism left behind.
However, for three or more instances (i.e. 3 or more FFs) of Plagiarizing a PORTION/ PARAGRAPH, the plagiarizer will get an immediate raise in warning level by 20%, and a notice of plagiarism will be left on the respective FFs with the plagiarized content removed and each FF will be closed for 1 - 2 weeks. Two days after the notice of plagiarism, the offender will be temporarily banned for 1 - 2 weeks (depending on the extent of plagiarism).
Plagiarizing the ENTIRE CONTENT: The thread will be locked immediately with a notice of plagiarism and the plagiarizer will get an immediate raise in warning level by 20%, Two days after the notice of plagiarism, the offender will be temporarily banned for 1 - 2 weeks (depending on the extent of plagiarism). Shortly after the entire FF will be trashed. Each individual offence of this nature will be considered as a separate instance.
If someone continues to plagiarize despite being penalized in the above manner, their account could face a permanent ban with all their breaching FFs being trashed! NOTE that each offence will accumulate throughout!
Sharing links of Other Social Media IDs/Profiles
Posting other social media account links: You are not permitted to post other social media IDs of yours or any other authors in the open forum. If found shall be deleted by the FFE team/DT team. However, you can share the link in PMs
A poem written on Parākrama Divasa, January 23, 2023, the 126th birth ...