Donning a pastel coloured outfit is a refreshing and ideal way to beat the heat when it gets unbearably hot.
Akhil Jain, creative director, Madame suggests different ways to wear pastel:
* Colour-blocking: Always try to pair the darker shades with lighter pastels for a more sophisticated look. For instance, a black coloured bottom can be worn with a baby pink coloured top. If you are trying pastels for the first time, go for a white bottom with a pastel top or just start with small pastel accessories.
* Mix and match: Pastel coloured tops go well with printed bottoms like floral, Aztec or graphic printed skirts or pants.
* Break the sync: Pastels at times can make you look dull. To liven up the whole look, you can add a burst of neon accessories like neon coloured footwear, clutch or a bright coloured statement neckpiece.
* Pastel footwear: When you wear a pastel footwear in shades of light pink or mint green, pair them with a black or a bright coloured outfit.
* Pastel all day and night: When at work, pull a black blazer on your pastel dress for that formal look. For a casual day out, a white blazer on a pastel dress will go well. When you go out for an evening gathering, you can slip into a pastel gown in a light fabric.