The next heir to the throne of England, Prince Charles has been tested positive for coronavirus. In a statement about the 71-year-old's health, Clarence House said: "The Prince of Wales has tested positive for coronavirus.
"He had been displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual." The heir to the throne is said to have displayed "mild symptoms" on Sunday and was then tested on Monday, with the results coming through late on Tuesday night.
The prince is in self-isolation at Birkhall in Scotland with his second wife Camilla - the Duchess of Cornwall.
"In accordance with Government and medical advice, the Prince and Duchess are now self-isolating at home in Scotland.
"The tests were carried out by the NHS in Aberdeenshire where they met the criteria required for testing.
"It is not possible to ascertain from whom the Prince caught the virus owing to the high number of engagements he carried out in his public role during recent weeks."
A source said the prince and the duchess remained in good spirits, and the prince was up and about and not bedridden. Medical advice is that it is unlikely to escalate into a more serious case. Charles has spoken to his sons the Duke of Cambridge and the Duke of Sussex, as well as the Queen.
A source told PA that Charles had not seen the Queen since the morning of 12 March. Buckingham Palace said “the Queen remains in good health”.