Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SoniRita thumbnail
Posted: 8 months ago

Originally posted by: Minionite

I have a site that I can share if they share the epis. Will wait until 16th Oct to see if they actually post the show (which I think they will).

Please do tag/pm me too if they share the epis plz. 

Though i am hoping IPTV will upload it smiley9

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 8 months ago

Originally posted by: SoniRita

Please do tag/pm me too if they share the epis plz. 

Though i am hoping IPTV will upload it smiley9

Oh IPTV will definitely upload them. They uploaded Bigg Boss OTT 2 as well.

Chemcart_MJ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 7 months ago

Nambi- seems ok but bit too preachy, at times, as a contestant though does describe the flavors well. I did like the rice cracker & mushroom mouse fusion.  

Harish- Not bad for presentation, I felt it was better than Nambi's one. 

Koshalya- As a Marwari myself, I was kinda bit disappointed with the presentation of the Raj Kachodi. I felt she's here for TRP purposes overall. 

Rukhsar- Felt while the ingredients were interesting to watch, plating was bit too simplistic for visual presentation like a lot more could've been there. 

Suraj- Not impressive. Too little on the plate. Presentation could've been better even though the colors had potential. Also, the contestant himself seemed stressed out & interrupting at times when the chef was speaking like really added the ingredients. Maybe could've used the side flower design in the dish somewhere as it was too much OTT like trying to woo someone lol. I did like the yellow-purple edible flowers but I feel more improvement is required.

SoniRita thumbnail

Originally posted by: Chemcart_MJ

Nambi- seems ok but bit too preachy, at times, as a contestant though does describe the flavors well. I did like the rice cracker & mushroom mouse fusion.  

Harish- Not bad for presentation, I felt it was better than Nambi's one. 

Koshalya- As a Marwari myself, I was kinda bit disappointed with the presentation of the Raj Kachodi. I felt she's here for TRP purposes overall. 

Rukhsar- Felt while the ingredients were interesting to watch, plating was bit too simplistic for visual presentation like a lot more could've been there. 

Suraj- Not impressive. Too little on the plate. Presentation could've been better even though the colors had potential. Also, the contestant himself seemed stressed out & interrupting at times when the chef was speaking like really added the ingredients. Maybe could've used the side flower design in the dish somewhere as it was too much OTT like trying to woo someone lol. I did like the yellow-purple edible flowers but I feel more improvement is required.

@ bold I agree with that part for sure. 

She is kinda like Baa from previous season. Her own YT channel but wont go that far

Minionite thumbnail

Very underwhelmed with contestants this time so far. Almost all of them cook as a livelihood - bakers, cloud kitchens, or running restaurants. And every story is the same - "I saw my dadi/nani/maa cooking". Abey of course you did! At that time it was always on the ladies of the house to handle the cooking!

Andakadipatta thumbnail

Originally posted by: Minionite

Very underwhelmed with contestants this time so far. Almost all of them cook as a livelihood - bakers, cloud kitchens, or running restaurants. And every story is the same - "I saw my dadi/nani/maa cooking". Abey of course you did! At that time it was always on the ladies of the house to handle the cooking!

They've taken just a bunch of influencers. I don't think they even bothered about auditions.

Chemcart_MJ thumbnail

Frankly speaking, I'm kinda let down with Pooja as masterchef judge because I don't get much criticism from her over savory food in comparison to Vikas or Ranvir. She reminds me of the mild version of Christina Tosi as a judge. 

Keneth- Wasn't much impressive with the coerced humor by Ranveer of tagging him for junior Masterchef when he's legally an adult & chose to participate by himself. smiley29Coming to the contestant, I felt he's too technical even though has potential so ...would like it if he focuses on what his purpose is over the so-called stereotype of proving himself to others because that's so just.... mehh. Plating looked like a Mediterranean charcuterie board. 

Prachi- Started to remind me of like earlier days of Swarna who emphasized a lot on her Maharastrian food which at times was bothersome to start off tbh, before she improved in last couple of episodes, so was kinda turned off to start off with her personality. Coming to Prachi, plating wasn't impressive either just like the contestant herself.  Too much overdose of "zan zanni," lol. πŸ˜‚ 🀣  

Jasmine- Nice plating & did like the chocolate usage to make a coconut-like shape. But she kinda reminded me of mild version of Aruna for some reason, especially when Pooja examined the macaroon she seemed frazzled lol. However, it seems like there was less of tangy flavors. 

Shibashis- Not impressed with the overall presentation.

Nikunj- Plating color was nice though not impressive. 

Madhusmita-plating looked average & colors were dull. 

Abhinav- not impressed with the overall plating. 

Farah Naaz- felt she's here for TRP & not impressive intro. Plating had potential but I felt the sauce on the fish pitika was not impressive. Overall, she's here for TRP, IMO. 

Harsh-  Plating was nice due to color contrast from kesar & rose petals like it  reminds one of festival delicacies. Ras malai cheesecake isn't an unheard dish but I think his presentation was so-so. But when he used stevia as a sugar substitute, I felt bit disappointed tbh because stevia is astringent thus I'd choose a different sugar substitute. 

Edited by Chemcart_MJ - 7 months ago
Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

This season seems like a reboot of last season -

we see someone from the northeast wanting to bring North eastern food to the forefront (Shanta last year).

We have someone cooking Maharashtrian food and overuse of thecha and zanzanit (Suvarna last year)

Then there are a bunch of really young chaps wanting to prove to their families that cooking is their calling. There are a few and I can’t remember names (Sachin, Gurkirat from last year).

So far not liking Pooja as a judge. She seems to give proper comments only on desserts and not savoury. Also, they barely show Vikas!!

SoniRita thumbnail

Lots of desert wale bapreysmiley3is it to impress Pooja only. 

Chemcart_MJ thumbnail

Why can't the judges point out flaws in the selected contestants barring few? As if they are perfectionists lol, esp those who proclaim to be inspired chelas from Pooja's bakery stint. smiley36

One recommendation for Pooja judging savory food- if not sure, please judge it from an AAM-INSAAN's perspective lol and be more critical lol. πŸ˜‚ 🀣 She did critique Mohammed's food which was nice to see but felt if he was selected it show some kinda bias in the future episodes.

Only found Vikas as a better judge. He needs to speak more on criticism side lol. πŸ˜‚ 🀣 

Kriti- plating is ok but kinda felt the side components (especially the crumble) weren't well presented while the coriander foam was interesting. 

Nidhi- Nice plating even though I skipped her intro as IDC lol πŸ˜‚ . I think it well represented Himachal on a plate. 

Mohammed- plating was average and the fish crisp was kinda let down since it wasn't cooked & crisp.  

Sima- Not impressed with the plating. Also, I feel she might bring too much Urdu diction for TRP lol. πŸ˜‚ 

Nilofer- plating was okay & simple. 

Avantika- plating looked bit decluttered. 

Rick- I felt the decorum of the plating wasn't good. Mehh

Subhojit- lol, the pickled cauliflowers were colored nicely but I think the usage could've done better. I felt he was a bit too preachy at times.