Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

canapoem thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: canapoem

So google ji gave me one more suggestion today suitable for this story. 

I swear sometimes google creeps me out. ðŸ˜†

Below is Google's suggestion :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z3YeFqd7xQvvvv

So I forgot to tag people and apparently if I edit my comment, the tagging option is gone. 

So tagging here:

Meerkat thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: cheers2all

From Ms. Verghese to Mrs. Ojha, huh? Kirti once wanted to see how it feels to be a single mother. She is almost living that life now. 

Thanks for mentioning this. The scene was crafted for two reasons. One was primarily to evoke the image of their beach meeting scene. They would have never thought it would become her almost truth.

P.S. - The pen forked in her hair is the one from their picnic?

Yes, it is the same pen. It represents him. She's drawing companionship and warmth from it. Hence, the title, Strange Bedfellows.

shils28 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

An antiseptic cream!! Wow!!

cheers2all thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Ginnosuke_Nohar

The scene was crafted for two reasons. One was primarily to evoke the image of their beach meeting scene. They would have never thought it would become her almost truth.

What is the other reason? 

I like that you said "almost truth" ðŸ˜Š

canapoem thumbnail

Seeing the way the Ojhas treat Radha and also knowing that it is not Kirti's responsibility to take care of the child for life, I wish Sudha came and took the child with her. 

Mother is the best person to take care of a child and no one can replace mom's place. 

At least there would be some kind of consolation that Radha would not become another Kirti later on in life. (Or even face worse situations)

Kirti at least had her father, grandmother and brother with her, who loved/love her unconditionally. 

But Radha might have none. 

cheers2all thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: canapoem

Seeing the way the Ojhas treat Radha and also knowing that it is not Kirti's responsibility to take care of the child for life, I wish Sudha came and took the child with her. 

Mother is the best person to take care of a child and no one can replace mom's place. 

At least there would be some kind of consolation that Radha would not become another Kirti later on in life. (Or even face worse situations)

Kirti at least had her father, grandmother and brother with her, who loved/love her unconditionally. 

But Radha might have none. 

I feel Radha is much better off without her birth mother. She must be what, few months old when Sudha left her? Inspite of being aware of how the Ojhas are, she left her baby in their care, knowing fully well that her daughter won't be treated right. She only thought about herself when she took off with her bf. She is exactly like Urmi. Probably worse, coz atleast Urmi left her children with people whom she knew would love them. 

But I do have a feeling Ravi and/or Sudha will be back in Radha's life and most probably at a time when they are not wanted. Ravi is in jail for 5 years. So he might show up in a year or so, I guess.

canapoem thumbnail

Originally posted by: cheers2all

I feel Radha is much better off without her birth mother. She must be what, few months old when Sudha left her? Inspite of being aware of how the Ojhas are, she left her baby in their care, knowing fully well that her daughter won't be treated right. She only thought about herself when she took off with her bf. She is exactly like Urmi. Probably worse, coz atleast Urmi left her children with people whom she knew would love them. 

But I do have a feeling Ravi and/or Sudha will be back in Radha's life and most probably at a time when they are not wanted. Ravi is in jail for 5 years. So he might show up in a year or so, I guess.

I just want Radha to be taken care of well. 

Ojhas will not, not sure what Mayank's thoughts are and Ravi, even after getting released from jail, not sure what he wants. 

I hope GN has something good planned for Radha.

Ssanjinika thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4

Aaaannnndddd I'm back!!

Read part two at a stretch(I think!)

The chapter about Urmila stood out for me. Honestly, I feel there's only so much one can blame on circumstances. The rest is up to us. There are no excuses for making decisions based upon one's own greed and other desires. Urmila/Ahilya isn't going to win any awards for being a good mother or daughter-in-law or even a good person but she is what she is. I am glad she isn't putting on a show for other's benefits. Kirti and Biplap may not realize, but they got lucky when she decided to give them up and run away. Often the parents are the ones that screw up their children's lives royally. I love the way you have written her character. 

Nishit is in mourning...the death of something that never was or maybe it was but was never given a chance to grow. Whoever said miscarriages and abortions don't cause any grief?!! I am glad Ragini came to give him some company and pull him out of the slump he was in. Their relationship(Ragini-Nishit) is one of the cutest I have ever read!

I am having mixed feelings about Kirti's situation. Don't know whether to feel sorry for her(Can't feel it yet, actually) or whether to be angry with her for continuing the farce(which I am sure she feels compelled to) and pulling herself more and more into the quagmire. And more importantly, how can she decide what she wants to do with the marriage by herself?? Mayank who didn't want any of this in the first place is also stuck!! Why isn't she thinking about what he may or may not want? I cannot imagine being forced to do something for no other reason except that you are forced. At least, she can tell herself that her dadi got some happiness from seeing her married and that is definitely something that would give her some respite but Mayank? I remember him not wanting to get fake engaged or married to her at all. The only reason he felt he had to marry her was that he felt compelled to(by his folks and her tears, no doubt). A little selfish, no? She didn't spare one thought to him. Sad!!

Really, is it any wonder Ammaji's first daughter-in-law ran away? Too bad she didn't think of taking her daughter with her when running away!! This just goes to show the kind of mother she is!! Really, I wonder why these women(Radha's mother and Urmila) ever had kids!! 

I don't get mothers-in-law who think daughters-in-law are automatically for doing household work and bossing over. So weird!! I've personally known of a few who are like that. Her character is not surprising to me at all.

The updates were wonderful, GN. I enjoyed them to bits. 

Ssanjinika thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4

Just to clarify, When I wrote my previous comment I had missed reading 'Strange Bedfellows'.  And hence my comment, not addressing Mayank's actions or the lack thereof!

Now, this chapter gives us further insight into Mayank's character. I am not surprised that he is pissed off with Kirti. From his view, she barged into his already stressful home life and in all ways, and in any way is going to make it worse for wear. Not to mention his career graph which may come crashing down if anyone came to know of his 'legal' marriage. I was so surprised by her naivety in thinking that they could remain friends still.  

Kavi, I remember a while ago you had wondered if Mayank was gay. I didn't think so then, but now wonder if that was the reason he wanted to keep Kiriti at an arms distance and not in his house. Very convoluted logic and Mayank doesn't need any other reasons but just wanted to throw that out there. 

I am inclined towards feeling the most sympathetic for Radha and Mayank - though him a lot less than what I feel for Radha. 

P.S. The pen is the one that Nishit had in his hand in one chapter?

canapoem thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ssanjinika

Just to clarify, When I wrote my previous comment I had missed reading 'Strange Bedfellows'.  And hence my comment, not addressing Mayank's actions or the lack thereof!

Now, this chapter gives us further insight into Mayank's character. I am not surprised that he is pissed off with Kirti. From his view, she barged into his already stressful home life and in all ways, and in any way is going to make it worse for wear. Not to mention his career graph which may come crashing down if anyone came to know of his 'legal' marriage. I was so surprised by her naivety in thinking that they could remain friends still.  

Kavi, I remember a while ago you had wondered if Mayank was gay. I didn't think so then, but now wonder if that was the reason he wanted to keep Kiriti at an arms distance and not in his house. Very convoluted logic and Mayank doesn't need any other reasons but just wanted to throw that out there. 

I am inclined towards feeling the most sympathetic for Radha and Mayank - though him a lot less than what I feel for Radha. 

P.S. The pen is the one that Nishit had in his hand in one chapter?

I think it was Gauri or Shradda or Priya who said Mayank could be gay. I was thinking if Mithila was gay. 

But I agree with you that Mayank is certainly at a loss here due to this so called marriage. 

Kirti might have done it to please her dying grandma but Mayank did not gain anything from it.

If now Kirti leaves him and goes away, he will get a divorcee tag attached to him, which is even more sad.

And would that affect his career? Maybe.

And he certainly is not happy with Kirti getting involved in his family matters. The more Kirti gets involved, the more tougher it would get to get out the marriage, both for him and Kirti. 

I think he is irritated with this fact and maybe that's one reason why he did not show any concern when Kirti burnt her hand.

And it is indeed so sad that Kirti had Nishit's pen at night.