Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Meerkat thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: barrister

I recall Dadi mentioning that she'd move to some house in their village after the siblings are all settled in their lives. 

Can't they sell that off instead of their home here? Do they even know about it? Just wondering!

P.S. Hello Meerkat! Just wanted to say that.. since I like your new username. And the dp too. 👍🏼

Hi Barrister! 😆

Changed my dp again! Lol. 

Sorry for the late response. I have been struggling with health issues and they have been keeping me in awful crabby mood. 😅

Thank you for the heartfelt comments! 

Dadi doesn't own anything in the village. She was counting on her friends and meagre money she'd left with to live there since the living cost would be less there. Whatever property she had she already sold all of it a few years back. 

kizh72 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Meerkat

Hi Barrister! 😆

Sorry for the late response. I have been struggling with health issues and they have been keeping me in awful crabby mood. 😅

Dadi doesn't own anything in the village. She was counting on her friends and meagre money she'd left with to live there since the living cost would be less there. Whatever property she had she already sold all of it a few years back. 

मैं तो आज़ादी में

भी कैद हो गई

मेरे अलबेलिया तू खेलिया

Was listening to this on a loop and thought of you!

Hey take care of yourself, hope you feel better soon

Meerkat thumbnail

Originally posted by: kizh72

मैं तो आज़ादी में

भी कैद हो गई

मेरे अलबेलिया तू खेलिया

Was listening to this on a loop and thought of you!

Hey take care of yourself, hope you feel better soon

Hi P,

This is a beautiful song with evocative lyrics. Everytime I listen to it, I am transported to another world. And, thank you! Hoping to get all better. 😊

I hope you are well too. Do share songs when you find something good. Nowadays I keep going back to the same ones.  

kizh72 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Hi P,

This is a beautiful song with evocative lyrics. Everytime I listen to it, I am transported to another world. And, thank you! Hoping to get all better. 😊

I hope you are well too. Do share songs when you find something good. Nowadays I keep going back to the same ones.  

This song hadn't registered before you shared it with us. Have you heard the Shreya Ghoshal version of this song? It is nice but Kailash Kher's voice, the rustic earthiness of it brings out the passion in this song, its lyrics. Very few of the new ones touch you, or so I feel. But then I'm old😆

This is an album I find myself going back to. Its raining isn't it in Bombay, this would fit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vuu62rsM1Sc

Cr: YT/Uploader

Meerkat thumbnail

Originally posted by: kizh72

This song hadn't registered before you shared it with us. Have you heard the Shreya Ghoshal version of this song? It is nice but Kailash Kher's voice, the rustic earthiness of it brings out the passion in this song, its lyrics. Very few of the new ones touch you, or so I feel. But then I'm old😆

This is an album I find myself going back to. Its raining isn't it in Bombay, this would fit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vuu62rsM1Sc

Cr: YT/Uploader

I have heard the Shrey a Ghoshal version. It is good but doesn't stir my soul in the same manner as Kher's version. And by describing his voice accurately, you have to put to words what I couldn't have articulated.

No, P. It isn't about age. It's the new music that fails to incite any emotions. I was listening to Arijit's new song, Tum Aa Gaye Ho. I did find it nice but couldn't shrug off the feel that it was familiar. Maybe it's just me but I thought it was similar to some of his previous songs.

And wow, I did not know about this album! Haven't listened to it yet. Aishwarya and Ajay reminded me of Hum Dil De Chuke. It had such beautiful songs.

That reminds me there is a Chand Chupa version. Listen to the guitar music that is at the beginning, I think at 0:44 sec. It is so well done!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8luVZOwTZk

kizh72 thumbnail

I have heard the Shrey a Ghoshal version. It is good but doesn't stir my soul in the same manner as Kher's version. And by describing his voice accurately, you have to put to words what I couldn't have articulated.

No, P. It isn't about age. It's the new music that fails to incite any emotions. I was listening to Arijit's new song, Tum Aa Gaye Ho. I did find it nice but couldn't shrug off the feel that it was familiar. Maybe it's just me but I thought it was similar to some of his previous songs.

And wow, I did not know about this album! Haven't listened to it yet. Aishwarya and Ajay reminded me of Hum Dil De Chuke. It had such beautiful songs.

That reminds me there is a Chand Chupa version. Listen to the guitar music that is at the beginning, I think at 0:44 sec. It is so well done!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8luVZOwTZk

I just tried to listen to Tum aa gaye ho. It reminded me of some English song. You're so right about these songs, they are without soul in many ways. 

I love some of these Mix tape versions. I have seen/heard this one. 

barrister thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Hi Barrister! 😆

Hey! I'm so sorry to hear that.. heath troubles, prolonged ones at that, are just so inconvenient. 😒Wishing loads of good health for you. Be well! 🤗

I had once met someone who told me he'd NEVER had so much as a cough or cold or fever. I'd asked him how did he know the value of being well then?? 😲

Thanks for the clarification about dadi. You shouldn't have to apologize, I do.

Honestly, it's VERY, VERY difficult to turn away from the story. You know, willpower of the sorts that I'm hoping should please the Gods above. I hate to put it down when there's so much more to read. But I'm short of time, atleast I'm supposed to be. 🙈

But I've not given up hopes of asking you for an update someday! So glad there's a part 3 as well 😆

Is the new DP for N and K? 😊

WHO was that guy in the previous dp? I'm going to stalk him one day 😆

Lots of love ♥️

barrister thumbnail

Also, loved the songs shared here, plus those with the chapters. Thank you!

There's really some charm in those old songs that's becoming kinda rare in the new ones. The new ones, maybe 1 in 10 or 15 stay with me. Heard 2 songs from Mimi and some new release last month.. made me turn away from the entire album! Jarring.. the music, the voice and the lyrics. 

Kailash Kher ♥️ Rustic earthiness, couldn't have put it better! 🔥

It seems like there's an unapologetic carelessness.. he doesn't try to be polished or sophisticated, so real. 🤩

Meerkat thumbnail

Originally posted by: barrister

Hey! I'm so sorry to hear that.. heath troubles, prolonged ones at that, are just so inconvenient. 😒Wishing loads of good health for you. Be well! 🤗

Thank you Manu 🤗

I had once met someone who told me he'd NEVER had so much as a cough or cold or fever. I'd asked him how did he know the value of being well then?? 😲

That's a very valid question! 😆

Thanks for the clarification about dadi. You shouldn't have to apologize, I do.

Honestly, it's VERY, VERY difficult to turn away from the story. You know, willpower of the sorts that I'm hoping should please the Gods above. I hate to put it down when there's so much more to read. But I'm short of time, atleast I'm supposed to be. 🙈

That is completely alright, Manu. I can understand how demanding real life can be so I really don't mind. Read at your leisure. This isn't going anywhere. 😊

But I've not given up hopes of asking you for an update someday! So glad there's a part 3 as well 😆

Haha. I will be patiently waiting - in equal parts of hope and agony - on this side for you till you arrive and ask me to update 😆 

Is the new DP for N and K? 😊

Kind of...😆 You are the first one to notice. 

WHO was that guy in the previous dp? I'm going to stalk him one day 😆

Some Turkish actor whose name I have forgotten once again!

Lots of love ♥️

To You too ❤️

barrister thumbnail

The girl in the dp.. she looked taller than average! Toh phir Kirti ka khayal aaya 😂😂