Opti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago

This is a branch off from the main plot:

Maan rushed to the hospital from the airport, right after he read the text message sent by Dev.  It is good that the flight he was to take to London had got delayed due to some technical snag.  Since his thoughts were swamped by Geet, he was in a trance, not noticing his mobile flashing everytime there was a call or text message. It is only when the announcement was made to the passengers to proceed for boarding that he turned his attention to his cell to switch it off that he noticed several missed calls and a text message from Dev which said "Dadima in hospital."

Earlier, he had to rush to London on an important business meeting.  He felt it would be a good three-day break to clear his head from thoughts of Geet if he stayed away from her. He still felt angry and frustrated that she had rejected his job offer. Although it was only the job that she rejected, it seemed like she rejected him. Granted that he had been treating her pretty badly of late, finding fault with her every action. He even called her a gold digger, who can stoop to any extent to get to his wealth. But he did try to make up for all that in his own way, didn't he? He stood up for against that arrogant client of his and assured her he will always protect her from such people, didn't he? Why, then, was she so stubborn in her decision to leave?

Anyway, now his priority was Dadima, he thought, as he pushed open the door to Dadima's room, rushed in and hugged her tight. Dadima looked at him with genial eyes and, pouting her lips, asked him why he had not come earlier. Maan apologised for thoughtlessly sprinting off to the airport to attend a business meeting in London when her health was so fragile.

Seeing Maan's guilty looks, Dadima saw her window of opportunity to press for her demands. She repeated that she wants him to at least see the pictures of prospective brides before turning them down.

"Maan at least give it a chance for this poor Dadi's sake," she said in a sorrowful tone. Maan did not want to sadden her further and merely gave her a brief nod. Just then the doctor had arrived and Maan enquired with him about Dadi's health. The doctor advised him not to agitate her in any manner as it would only serve to aggravate her health problems.

Dev and NT had just then entered and Dev volunteered to take care of Dadi while Maan attended office. Maan reluctantly left the hospital after kissing his Dadi.

At the office, as instructed by Dadi Geet and Adi were busy trying to short-list the girls who "Maan Sir" can meet in order to decide which of them will be his future bride, when the man in question entered in. Since neither of them expected him to come that day, they fumbled through the pictures and hurriedly tried to put them away before Maan could see them. Unfortunately though, Maan's keen eyes caught a glimpse of what they were hiding and turning a sharp glance at them, he asked them what they were up to. Adi stuttered that it was nothing and hurried to his seat. Geet too walked back to her place with the file of photographs.  

During the lunch time, after all the staff had left to have their food, Geet approached him apprehensively, wondering how to broach the subject to him.

"Sir!", she said hesitatingly.

Maan, who was engrossed in his laptop, jerked his head up and cocked his eyebrow enquiringly.

"Dadima has sent some photographs of girls for you," she said in a low voice barely audible.

"What photographs?" asked Maan, looking at her in confusion.

It suddenly dawned him that Dadima had sent the prospective brides photos as she promised to in the morning.

'Dadima is pretty quick' he thought but did not like the fact that Geet was assigned the task of giving him the pictures.

He grabbed the file from her hand and flipped through the photographs, with his eyes fixed on her all the while.  Geet, on the other hand stubbornly refused to meet his gaze, as she looked down at the table top, waiting impatiently for Maan to finish his screening process.

As he kept chucking one photograph after next, his eyes unwaveringly fixed on her, he kept giving running commentaries.

"Long haired girl...Reject."

Geet gingerly caressed her own long tresses.

"Salwar Kameez...in this day and age? ... Reject"

Geet uncomfortably shifted on her seated and adjusted her dupatta.

"Small town girl? No way." Geet threw him an angry glance before turning her head.

He was enjoying Geet's apparent discomfort. When he had finished, Geet got up for her seat agitatedly and collecting the pictures, she shoved them into the file. She then picked the file up and muttering something under her breath, she turned to leave the place. When he asked her where she was going, she yelled out that she was going in search of a fairy for him. Maan smiled amusedly at her retreating back.  He knew how to press her buttons.   

That evening when he had gone to meet Dadima, she was prepared with the next step of her plan. Geet had already briefed her about what her grandson had said.  Although Geet did not comprehend Maan's actions and words, Dadima was quick to pick on the cues.  None of the girls in the photographs had any of the things Maan had mentioned. This only  confirmed what Dadi already knew.  Geet affected Maan much more than he would care to admit.  All she needed to give was a gentle prod for him to buckle in and accede to her wishes.

"Maan, I believe you rejected all the girls, whose pictures I had sent," she casually remarked.

"Yes, Dadima, I did not like them."

"Is it because they all had long hair, wore salwar kameez and were from small towns?" she asked curiously.

Maan nodded his head absentmindedly before quickly checking back to see Dadi's facial expression.

Dadi broke into a broad smile, and said mockingly,

"Maan, who are you trying to fool?"

Tapping the top of his head, she continued, "There was not a single girl fitting that description among the photographs I had sent. The only girl who fitted that description was the girl who carried them to you. The fact that you rejected all the other girls who did not fit into that description can only mean that that is the sort of girl who appeals to you."

Maan realised his Dadi has caught him at his game and hastily tried to deny it.

"No Dadima, I don't want any girl - short hair or long hair, modern dress or Indian dress, small town or big town."  

"Stop fooling yourself Maan. I know that you have more than just a soft corner for Geet. How long will you keep running away from your feelings?"

Maan tried to protest but Dadima would have none of it.

"Maan, then prove it. Prove it that you have no feelings for Geet."

"How?" Maan asked in confusion.

"By at least agreeing to meet the girl of my choice."

Maan nodded his head resignedly and walked out.

Continued here:

Edited by Opti - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SuhaniSonia thumbnail
Nice one Opti!!
Completely in track with the plot and possibly how things may go or should go at least!!
😃
-RushTrip- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
hey Opti..

hmm i feel this is how...it will run....it is so real...
febinyusuff thumbnail
nice one.. but the last 3 lines made my heart slip a bit ..
Downhill thumbnail

hey opti.......

brilliant predicyion......just loved it.............fabulous..........

kaash aisa hi kuch ho..........keeping my fingers crossed

reva
Mallika113 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Wow, Opti, simply loved it.  This is so practical and in tune with the current happenings.  If they direct the story like this , it would be fab !
Opti thumbnail

Originally posted by: SuhaniSonia

Nice one Opti!!
Completely in track with the plot and possibly how things may go or should go at least!!
😃

Well, I didn't do too much thinking of my own. Just put into words what I saw in the promos and assumed the rest.
Opti thumbnail

Originally posted by: rushtrip

hey Opti..

hmm i feel this is how...it will run....it is so real...

Thanks Vru. Was just testing my writing skills rather than taxing my brains to come out with 'out of the box' versions. Just moving with the tide.  
Opti thumbnail

Thanks Anufa.

Edited by Opti - 13 years ago
Opti thumbnail

thanks swati.