Clear the common misconceptions you can contribute too

Tenochtitlan thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 months ago

I am new to this forum and was reading through different topics and found so many misconceptions and useless comments which pushed me to write this post. Everyone can clear misconceptions about this show which you think you should clear. I am clearing some of the tracks which people found to be annoying and bad.

1. Slow Pacing :-  I don't know why this argument is being made but, pacing is absolutely fine. Sometimes I think that pacing is a little fast and we need more dialogue. The people complaining about slow pacing actually want to see more of the show because they are unable to get much content in one episode. And, I agree with this point. In one episode which is 20 minutes, there is not much content but, for once, try watching 3 episodes togather on sony liv, you will realize the pacing isn't slow at all. The pacing is good. I recently binged all 160 episodes and I didn't actually feel the need to skip anything. Each episode established something about the character. For example, in last episode between Neerja and Aarav, it was established that Aarav now knows that Katha has two bosses and one of them is Viaan and, he already knows Ehsan is not the one Katha likes, its Mr. Raghuvanshi so, it is finally established to Aarav that the person Katha likes is Viaan Raghuvanshi.

2. Vanya-Seema-Teji Track :- Going in front of the press was wrong but, Viaan has accepted his mistake in front of his mother. Also, you guys need to understand that this lie had much more impact on Viaan than on Teji. There is a difference between "Your father suddenly left because of a young beautiful women" and "Your father and I didn't have good relationship so he left". The first one was the reason for all the miseries for Viaan. Mutually agreed divorce exists and such couples do co-parenting. On of the friends of Aarav, Sumit also had divorced parents but, he visited both of them in turns and his mother was ready to remarry and, both sides were happy. I am happy that story writers did try to address this issue before by foreshadowing using Sumit's case. 

3.Viaan suddenly became godfather :- Knowing how to behave with child and making bond with them is an innate ability and doesn't require to be a parent. My sister has this ability. She can make friends with any child somehow. She is somehow able to create that safe space that children of all age groups are able to communicate safely with her. Same might be true for Viaan and I have no problem with it. Also, in episode 129 at the end of the meeting with the parents, he said I read a lot and in previous episodes also, Viaan was reading a book and giving tips to Amrita. Books do have a lot of influence on a person's life and ideology. Remember that birth of communism in Russia, began with Lenin reading a book by Karl marx(don't remember the name of the book). So, I don't find anything unusual about Viaan becoming a godfather. What he is saying is bookish knowledge even, I have seen countless youtube video sharing the same knowledge as Viaan did. Not only that, Writers did establish in previous episodes that Viaan is reading a lot of books on parenting.

4. Katha is literal goddess :- She has good nature. And, everyone should be fine with that. That's what a lead character is meant to be. She is forgiving but, she didn't forgive Mr. Grewal immediately. It took her time. Only after Mr. Grewal apologised to Katha, she finally partially forgived him. I would not say she fully forgave him because she still doesn't trust of Mr. Grewal that much. And, forgiving Viaan took her over 100 episodes even after that sincere apology of Viaan. After Viaan proposed to Katha, she stopped opening up to Viaan. After all, there hadn't been any injustice happened with Katha which she forgave unconditionally. She took her time to forgive everyone. And, I don't think there is anything wrong in it. Also, this is a show and you need to make sure that the lead character is inspiring. Till now, I don't think Katha has set a wrong example by forgiving everyone unconditionally because that would be stupidity. Many people say Katha is universal problem solver. She learnt solution of many problems on the go. When Viaan asked Katha "Tum mujhse baat kyun nahi karti" and Mr. Grewal said the same thing "Mujhe laga Katha mujhse kabhi baat nahi kregi" that's when she realized she needs to talk to Viaan about this. I don't think she has done even a single thing that seems stupid or doesn't makes sense. She showed anger where required and consoled people.

Edited by abca19510 - 9 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Neutral2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Katha being superwoman :- Lot of time it is discussed how Katha is superwoman, multi-talented, all- rounder and it is impossible to exist in real life. Well I switched 3 school (due to transfer), went college and switched job 2 times. Every place I find atleast one person in my class/dept who is not only topper but also multi-talented (top in various field) and has leadership quality. 

Mostly girls who are topper are also good in cultural programs and leadership.

There is one girl who was not only got 2nd position in class academic but also participated in every cultural activity and won most of them. She was also good in sports (if not best) and captain of class. Infact everybody hates her because of her strict captainship. She is also very moralistic girl. I find Katha very much like her. In fact she also hesitate for asking any help.

Most of topper men I saw are also very good in sports. I switched 2 office and there is always 1 men who become man of the match in every sports and also has strong knowledge in their job. Both the person are outspoken and doesn't hesitate to counter with Manager in discussions.

Such people exist who do anything with passion and get 1st rank in whatever they do. 

Edited by Neutral2 - 9 months ago
ShahiTukda thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 months ago

[QUOTE=Neutral2]

Katha being superwoman :- Lot of time it is discussed how Katha is superwoman, multi-talented, all- rounder and it is impossible to exist in real life. Well I switched 3 school (due to transfer), went college and switched job 2 times. Every place I find atleast one person in my class/dept who is not only topper but also multi-talented (top in various field) and has leadership quality. 

Mostly girls who are topper are also good in cultural programs and leadership.

There is one girl who was not only got 2nd position in class academic but also participated in every cultural activity and won most of them. She was also good in sports (if not best) and captain of class. Infact everybody hates her because of her strict captainship. She is also very moralistic girl. I find Katha very much like her. In fact she also hesitate for asking any help.

Most of topper men I saw are also very good in sports. I switched 2 office and there is always 1 men who become man of the match in every sports and also has strong knowledge in their job. Both the person are outspoken and doesn't hesitate to counter with Manager in discussions.

Such people exist who do anything with passion and get 1st rank in whatever they do. 

I feel personally attacked when someone uses ‘ mahaan’ or ‘Devi’ for katha. As if being excellent at multiple things and being forgiving and self reliant to a fault doesn’t happen in real world. It’s a change from usual, how she isn’t playing the victim ever, even when she’s wronged. Because she has no time or energy left for that. I am that person, I know those people. 

janaki17789 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

I have seen so many shows in itv which is like crap where male leads say they respect and still treat the FL as trash best example is YRKKH where ML had gives respect to everyone but FL. But here Vihaan has set some boundaries and is not ready to cross it because he doesn't want Katha to be uncomfortable anyway. Now that's maturity from a man who once made that woman uncomfortable to the point and now is afraid completely that he himself feels uncomfortable by her touch because he made her uncomfortable at her lowest while he had no reson to do it. But most he does not know how to forgive himself which we can see during their trip to lonavala , alibaug and lockdown  what he did to her and that needs to be addressed in a way where he cannot run and only her touch will lead him to get out. 

Tenochtitlan thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

6. Viaan's Demand : I saw a common complaint that why such an understanding and sensitive character Viaan that we saw later, where was he when Katha asked him for loan? Why he didn't think that why is the girl in front of me is asking for such an specific amount? 

If these were your doubts then, I am glad to answer your doubts. And, also impressed that makers of this show well explained this part in the show so that I don't have to resort to absurd theories to explain this. IT IS ALL PRESENT IN THE SHOW.

Firstly, the makers did gave some charisma to Viaan. Despite being boss and CEO, he handed an apology letter to Katha and also gave her permanent job of one of the highest position in the company. And, he did all that publicly. So, you can't say Viaan was an absolutely toxic and thankless person before the one night stand. He had a very complex character from the very beginning.

Secondly, when Katha entered in cabin, she was actually looking for Ehsan not Viaan. Since Viaan was sitting on chair turned around, Katha, assuming it was Ehsan, attempted to ask him only to realize it was Viaan not Ehsan and immediately, said it was not urgent she will come later(this means she wanted to talk with Ehsan specifically). Then, Viaan  politely, like a gentleman, told her that Ehsan is not present today so, she can ask him for whatever she wants and insisted on it. Katha, again visibly refused to ask him and tried to leave saying she will wait for Ehsan. Then, Viaan tells her that Ehsan is on leave and since, its saturday morning and she is in office that means its something important, so, he insisted again. So, it is well established that Katha came looking for Ehsan. And, this was later remarked by Viaan that she came looking for Ehsan because he was too poilte and friendly with her. From his perspective, viewers know that Ehsan is gullible and can easily be manipulated by a girl and so does the Viaan know. 

After this, Katha asked of "favour" then, worded it as "loan"  for 1 crore rupees. Viaan first rebuked Katha for her unreasonable demand and Katha immediately tried to leave the cabin saying "Forget about the loan". From his perspective, it will sound like chor ke daari mein tinka moment. After all this finally Viaan gave her that indecent offer. 

In later episodes, we get to understand the reason behind his indecent offer. And I hope I was able to explain how Viaan's demand makes sense.

Loveforlife thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Well written post and a much needed one. I felt the pace was perfect before, in fact the last few episodes too many things happened too quickly. And problem solvers are always going to be the leads so even I find it funny when Katha is called a god or Devi and as you said she has been imperfectly perfect and to that she has admitted her mistakes when needed. Coming to the confession in last evenings episode..  is one of the best I have seen. The awkwardness between them even after the confession, the poetical analogies, the happiness and excitement after confession was just feels!! ❤️

vandana1965 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Actually this mature story is quite refreshing.