Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: mpks1

Is that what Shiva got her?  He should be the one using it and not heršŸ˜†

Well he got it so that she can spray it on him right šŸ¤£

funny_fubar thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Yooooo

There is something called as Gautam Angels in this forum right. They will be the happiest person i guess then seeing Gaumbi bashing JanardhanšŸ˜‚

Gaumbi's Angels 

@bild: YAAAAASSSSSS!

funny_fubar thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Transference

Absolutely yes! 

Do I do believe in safety nets for women? Yes.

But, I also very strongly believe that every woman needs to have a financial backup. The government is now taking significant steps into monetising the hard work done by homemakers by compensating them for their labour hours. I am looking forward to this bill being drafted and passed through the relevant authorities. There has to be a monthly repository of a femaleā€™s financial investments. 

Though most women are cushioned in safe environments amongst family and in-laws, life can throw curveballs at any given point. I believe whether itā€™s a man or a woman, he or she should be capable enough to function as an independent unit without anyoneā€™s support.

I often come across as emotionally unavailable when I talk about such matters. Still, everyone can practice to progressively cut down on their emotional, physical, financial and any form of dependability on any other human being. Itā€™s okay to be vulnerable and seek the company of people around you. Companionship, completion and love should be a part of the life. But, itā€™s not okay to be looking lost if there is a time when you need to take the lead.

I am closely related to a lot of women empowerment activities in the CSR domain! Trust me; my anger stems from the sheer fact that how little women know about the importance of financial control and not being dependent on the men in their life. A massive campaign was done by one of the leading Brands where they realise that even working women have little knowledge about financial control and independence. Finance has always been seen as a male-dominated sector, and women have little say in the finances of the houses.

I would rather see Rishita start up this initiative by taking up a job and not merely waiting for Dev or her parents to fulfil her needs. Women donā€™t deserve special treatment; what we all need are respect and an egalitarian society.

I am yet to see a TV show where a high earning woman who doesnā€™t want to cook food is being appreciated. I want to see a TV show where a highly professional woman who earns more than her husband is respected.

I would love the women of Pandya house to become a beacon of financial independence, and voice their own opinions rather than only making food and taking care of the home.

I believe homemakers are the most hard-working lot. Itā€™s a highly underpaid self and sacrifices that they make. I have massive respect for them because of the numerous things they do, which are taken for granted.

Thatā€™s why I said itā€™s not the manā€™s responsibility to take care of the woman's financial needs ONLY, and itā€™s not the womanā€™s responsibility to take care of the manā€™s emotional needs ONLY.

They both are co-sanguineous relationships. Both need to be treated equally, loved equally, and nurtured equally.

We need a world Where we all can function independently but come together out of choice, respect, love and care.

An influential mentor of mine had once told me, ā€œ You will always be a victim if you are not strong enough.ā€

Circumstances will always be unfavourable for a woman trapped in a patriarchal society. Instead of waiting for a saviour to come on bail you out, one should always look at strengthening our skills and finding a way out.

Even Shiva says to Raavi, ā€œThere won't be a chowkidar with you forever.ā€ 

The gender roles are stark when it comes to Indian Television

This is wonderful. ā¤ļø And I completely agree with this. That is why I mentioned not using the safety net. Indo believe every woman should learn to fend for hersef- I wish Dhara did more than just take care of the house( I would have loved for her to develop the mobile wheel cart Suman Grihaudhyuog into something more- maybe a deivery service with a truck)

I meant more from the perspective of the sense of security you feel when you jnwo someone has your back- need not be a man. It could be a woman too. For Dhara, it is Hardik and for Raavi, it is Maami.

But just because Hardik and Maami have their backs, they should not be complacent- each of the bahus definitely need financial independence 

Thank you for the post and the amazing work on women empowerment šŸ¤—

Shividhadkndilk thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: GrilledCheese

Ey chipkali, tu mujhe kachua bulati hai aur tu khud kya hai? Jitna bhi sajegi sawregi, lagegi sirf chipkaliyon ki beauty queenšŸ¤”

Aaja!

Le tune mujhe kachua kaha main kardi teri wish puri pehen liye kachua wale kapde

Originally posted by: milkcakejamun

Esha, you and I both know the sanskaari bahus watching the show would pass out if they watched these scenes šŸ¤£

PS: You should post this as a drabble on the 150th Episode Celebrations!

Which scene 

Originally posted by: mpks1

Is that what Shiva got her?  He should be the one using it and not heršŸ˜†

Last time Raavi ne uspar apne wala daala tha na is baar woh men's perfume laya ki agar uspar dalegi bhi toh woh ladkiyon ki tarah nhi mehkegašŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

milkcakejamun thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

It's this one! 

Esha wrote out a scene that she wished to see after watching the July 18th episode which can be found here: July 18th

milkcakejamun thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Your post was amazing as usual šŸ¤—! I'm not married yet, nor do I plan to be married in the next few years as I am fully focused on my studies (my parents and even grandparents in India fully support me pushing my marriage off until I am comfortable ā¤ļø, even if I will be 28/29 when I start looking), but I've always believed women should have safety nets as well as the courage to be independent and take control.

My parents have grown up in India, and they moved to America in their 20s. In some ways, living in America has taught them many things. In early 2000s, it was expensive to call family, so very quickly, my parents had to make decisions for themselves. They had to trust their gut and each other, and that's how they truly grew as a couple! They share responsibilities without gender roles coming into play as my mother frequently takes care of the finances and my father taking care of us emotionally and providing everyone with sound advice.

My parents, unlike others, are also very, very frank with me and my sister. Very early on, I knew my father's salary, I learned about family drama, I was taught what factors make a marriage successful (I was around ~13-14 when these conversations began). As such, I always knew personal and financial independence mattered most to me. More than anything, I want to be financially secure by the time I get married. I want to experience life as an adult (managing finances, learning to cook, go on trips) before I get married. And I want to do all these things so one day, when I am married, I will be able to actively help myself and my family should troubles arise. 

I want a marriage of mutualism. One where he and I are active participants, and I wish more people understood/were comfortable in women who desire such a relationship. I also wish people understood that marriage is not the be-all, end-all. I am fortunate enough to live in a family that respects my personal decision to postpone my marriage. They are amazing enough that they never brought up the topic again! However, I know that's not the case in other households. Both my friends are getting the marriage talks because they reached the "Golden Age" of marriage. 

On another note, I think prime time ITV is restricted by the kinds of themes they can show. For major channels, TRPs are all that matter, and if certain content generates the TRPs, it will be used over and over again. Also, if a show is successful, it will be dubbed into another language, further promoting the outreach and TRPs as regional audience will sometimes tune into the Hindi show.

Regional TV doesn't have the same pressures as the audience is not that wide. They can play around with different ideas and themes, and sure, TRPs matter, but creativity does as well since the regional audience can tune into regional or Hindi shows (especially since Hindi shows have subtitles, too). 

I've watched shows where:

--Female lead despises cooking and the male lead recognizes this and tells her that he is comfortable doing the cooking in the house as his mother taught him all he needs to know about the kitchen (#1 TRP in it's slot)

--Female lead is the manager of the company that the male lead is a CEO to. She is very competent in her job and saves the company, multiple times, from becoming nearly bankrupt. Male lead develops insecurity and fires her. However, his staff and family convince him that she is an asset. Once he realizes he needs her, he hires her back and apologies (#1 TRP in it's slot, plus it was a widely successful show that revolutionized TV)

--A grandmother sets up an online business and it becomes widely popular and profitable. She upholds her family's finances as her children are unable to do so, telling us that even the elderly can help! (#1 TRP in it's slot)

--A female lead who is very proud of who she is and what she wants in her life. When she receives a marriage match from a rich family, she initially refuses because she doesn't think extreme financial differences (rags to riches) are practical in real life. She doesn't want to fall into the trap of giving up her job because her salary is measly compared to the male lead's riches. The male lead's grandmother is even more impressed by her and tells her that she can continue working (which the female lead does!) (#1 TRP in it's slot, sleeper hit show, plus it's the show that caused the channel to be recognized by the audience)

Now that there are some regional remakes from the South, seeing some of these realities might be a possibility in the future! It would be great if ITV promotes these themes as it would reach a much wider and larger audience!