New Feature: Vote up Topics

vijay thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Hi,

We are happy to share this new feature: Vote up / Vote down Topics.

Basically its  simple topic where members can vote up / down a post and it will be sorted based on the most votes first basis.  Some of the application of this topic are:

• Banner contests where other users can get vote up / down.
  • Ideation topics where users can help us discover most requested features to the top.

I am sure members will put this feature to more use.

Do share your ideas where we need to work on and we will take it up based on most requested feature.

Update 31st March 2021:

• We have disabled the Vote Down feature based on the feedback received. 😊
  • And also now the Direct link to the post in Vote Up topics is working correctly.

Cheers,

Edited by vijay - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sutapasima thumbnail

Thank you Vijay sir .

Great work by our technical teams .

We can use this for 

1.... OS contests

2.... Promotional Siggy Contests

3... Selection of Jodi names /couple names 

4... Banner contests as sir mentioned 

5... selection of title for MOTW 

6... selecting title for weekly news letter 

Edited by Sutapasima - 3 years ago
Sutapasima thumbnail

Vijay sir .. now we don't need to make elaborate excel sheets and go counting .

This simplifies the matter 👏

Edited by Sutapasima - 3 years ago
MochaQueen thumbnail

reaction aur quote button kahan gaye?

vijay thumbnail

We have updated the Search Feature also. Now default search is on Topics and user can easily search other sections of the site also.

Login and Sign up button is more prominent when user not logged in.

WildestDreams thumbnail

Thanks for this new feature.

Can’t wait to use it next time for a contest.  I did manual counting a couple of days ago for GHKPM’s BC. It was tedious😆 Now it wil be way quick and easy⭐️

vijay thumbnail

Since the post is not organised by date it could go hap-hazard where the quote post would appear before the original post. 

And the purpose of this topic type is different.

However since now we have User Tagging feature we will work on way where when you hit the reply button to the post it will auto-tag the user. I hope this will help a bit.

Cheers

vijay thumbnail

Currently there is no limit on the number of posts you can vote up in a particular Topic and the topic starter cannot limit it.

Vote Down is for post which you do not agree with. Sometimes someone gives a wrong answer that can be down voted. However we are listening to your feedbacks and suggestions and may be we will test this without Vote downs also.

There is also a new one in the making where Topic Starter can Mark a particular post as "Approved" and it will show a green tick and will get to the top of the page. This will be a huge help in Question/Answer type topics. So lets say I ask a question on something that I do not know and someone answers and I approve it as an approved answer it will start showing just next to my post irrespective if the user who posted the answer made it after 10 posts.

We will also provide sort by option so that one can check the post by date also (as it is with normal topics).

vijay thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

We have made changes to the Vote Up topic system

• Its normal default is sort by date posted just like our normal topics.
  • Users can sort it by Vote Count also. Button is placed beside the Topic Title
  • Users can now quote other users also.

Regards,

Edited by vijay - 2 years ago
wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Great initiative sir! :D