Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

maal_u_have thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: ponymo

If he did ad placement to promote his video to get more eyeballs, that is not a big deal because almost every production house does it to promote their movies or songs. It clearly says it's an ad so there's no ethical issue there.

But did he pay some other third party to get fake views? That would be embarrassing if it gets exposed.

sis, why are using this DP?? didn't recognise you πŸ˜’

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

If he did ad placement to promote his video to get more eyeballs, that is not a big deal because almost every production house does it to promote their movies or songs. It clearly says it's an ad so there's no ethical issue there.

But did he pay some other third party to get fake views? That would be embarrassing if it gets exposed.

these aren't fake views, YouTube has a very effective system, which means a video at most can only have few hundred thousands fake views only.

You cannot get 72 million fake views in one day, that is an absolutely absurd conclusion by whoever wrote this article or whoever is investigating.

What Badshah did was buying ad slots, not views, not organic but not illegal too. Unless obviously there is a new kind of technology these companies had to fool the Youtube system. 

CuttingChai thumbnail

Oh ok so he placed the video music ads. 

GrumpyTheCat thumbnail

Did he buy views using third party or paid to have his song on top like ad? 

Can someone file a case to all those ads walas β€œlook at my new house. I have a lambo in my garage . Do you want to know the secret of how I made it ?” It’s annoying af . 

Edited by GrumpyTheCat - 3 years ago
ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: jhopadpatti

sis, why are using this DP?? didn't recognise you πŸ˜’

Somebody (I think arshipk) said they started disliking Aishwarya because of my opinions on SSR topic, and they urged me to change it. Would have linked the comment here but it was trashed by mods.

But I said I don't mind and put up the DP they were using.

ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: RegressiveThug

these aren't fake views, YouTube has a very effective system, which means a video at most can only have few hundred thousands fake views only.

You cannot get 72 million fake views in one day, that is an absolutely absurd conclusion by whoever wrote this article or whoever is investigating.

What Badshah did was buying ad slots, not views, not organic but not illegal too. Unless obviously there is a new kind of technology these companies had to fool the Youtube system. 

@Bold: You can. Blackpink video got 86 million views in 24 hours.

And I'm sure some traffic would be organic. He is a popular artist. I guess he just wanted to make a big record.

Edited by ponymo - 3 years ago
hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

The Indian media, as usual, makes no sense. What does buying fake social media followers have to do with YouTube views? 

Edited by rkisnothot - 3 years ago
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

@Bold: You can. Blackpink video got 86 million views in 24 hours.

And I'm sure some traffic would be organic. He is a popular artist. I guess he just wanted to make a big record.

you mean Blackpink got 86 million fake views? Because I was talking about such huge numbers of fake views, not real views. Real views you can have as much as possible just needs right marketing and tactics. BTW Blackpink, Adriana, Taylor Swift and almost every Music company, also adopted the same strategy as Badshah, but only when Pagal Hain released YouTube acted like "This is wrong" πŸ˜‚

And what I meant by inorganic is, if you force people to watch your video(those skip after 30 sec ads), it isn't organic as a whole, which is what Badshah did. But it isn't buying fake views or followers.

TrustNo1 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

As others mentioned what badshah did was common but it's still a coward move. Be a man and let the video gain genuine views instead of promoting it all over YouTube. SrK did the same with zero trailer which is funny because the trailer got more views in a week then the movies lifetime collection.