Frequent Posters

iamsam thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Khai_R_Haagi

Oindrilla did not win the golden apron. 

SPOILER

Akanksha won the golden apron.

Next week is semi finals. And then finals on last week of February.

Yes. Akansha won. Other 2 finalists are Avinash and Oindrella. 1 more will go to finals.

Raghu12 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Akanksha got golden apron

Chemcart_MJ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

ondrilla never deserve a spot no offense ...she just baked only never explored the savory route that much

Minionite thumbnail

Originally posted by: Khai_R_Haagi

Because making desserts is the most complicated part since it involves mastering a lot of technique along with flavours. It takes years to master the craft of dessert making since it involves a lot of science in the method of making dessert and a single mistake- a single over whipping can spoil the whole dessert. That's the reason why pastry chefs are in a lot of demand these days since there are very few of them. That's why when a dessert is well made, it is applauded more than a savoury or entree/main course.

That's the reason why Shipra Khanna has been a masterchef winner and so is Kirti Bhoutika who won Masterchef India last season. She was also a dessert chef and so was Ashima Arora who was runner up last season.

I'm going to disagree with you here. I agree that desserts are complicated and have a lot of techniques, but calling them the most complicated may be unfair to other courses and chefs.

Look at something like kebab making. I know that it is only one technique, but there are so many ways to make it. If it was simple, why would everyone have such a hard time making dodha kebab. And I'm a vegetarian, so I may not know enough, but why are there restaurants that specifically cater towards kebabs with a few other dishes?

Or how about even certain regional dishes? I've been making Italian foods at home for years and yes, it may not be as complicated as choux pastry, but there are still specifics required in certain foods. My mom does a lot of Gujarati food and there are 3 different ways at minimum to make the same item.

I think more than a specific course, many foods are complicated and there are people who specialize in many different styles of foods. Desserts just get more publicity because it is one thing that everyone has something they love in it.

I don't think anyone denies that Ondrilla is good at desserts. She is amazing at them. My problem is with her attitude and how she's all high and mighty about it. From that very first team task for the cricketers to date, she makes herself sound so important. Just look at the latest episode, when Prince was given the right to choose the order for the taste test. Her words were something like - he didn't take the advantage of going first for himself and he didn't give it to me either. Like why should he give it to you specifically?

I know the scripts are written for the contestants, but the scripts are based on their reactions. Look at when Smrutishree revealed the golden chef and it had Akanksha's name on it. Smrutishree was unpleased, but then smiled and hugged Akanksha, congratulating her. But Ondrilla? Her face had unhappiness written all over it. How are the CVs supposed to give her a script that makes it sound like she's very happy for Akanksha if her face and body language doesn't say it?

sanaroxx thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Read it in the forum that Abinas is the winner! 

Glad itz not on-drill-a

TC_FA thumbnail
IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 8

i want oindrialla to win ðŸ¥³

Originally posted by: Minionite

I know the scripts are written for the contestants, but the scripts are based on their reactions. Look at when Smrutishree revealed the golden chef and it had Akanksha's name on it. Smrutishree was unpleased, but then smiled and hugged Akanksha, congratulating her. But Ondrilla? Her face had unhappiness written all over it. How are the CVs supposed to give her a script that makes it sound like she's very happy for Akanksha if her face and body language doesn't say it?

SPOILERS AHEAD OF SEMI FINALE EPISODE

I was waiting for the semifinals episode to comment to your reply. Whatever you're saying is EXACTLY what was done by Abinas-Akanksha when Oindrilla beat Mahendra in the challenge today and again beat Natasha in the final round of semi finale today. Neither Abinas nor Smrutishree or Akanksha even clapped or smiled when Oindrilla was announced as the fourth finalist. The disappointment on their face was very clear because they wanted Natasha in the finals because she is their friend while the first thing Oindrilla did after she was announced the fourth finalist was hug Natasha.

At the end of the day, it's all about the tuning one has with other people. Some people gel, some people don't so it's absolutely fine to not clap or not be happy when someone else is getting an apron or going to the finals because it is a competition at the end of the day, not a friendly match. They are here to win the apron, not to show their good personality which is anyways a manipulated and edited projection of what actually happens on floor. So it's perfectly fine to see Oindrilla grumpy when Akanksha won the coat because if she would've gotten the coat she wouldn't had to slog her way in the semi finale. Same way it's perfectly fine to see Smritishree-Abinas-Akanksha grumpy when Oindrilla is selected as finalist over Natasha since the latter is their friend. They are here for food and their taste. Their personality should hardly matter for the audience who don't even know them personally. I mean none of us really know how Chef Ranveer or Vineet is in the kitchen do we?

And it's always nice to see a woman being ambitious and competitive instead of showing the stereotypical chirpy natured goody two shoes personality reality shows project.