Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Hakuna_Matata11 thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Wow, you said it all perfectly.
I wish the makers had taken their time with the story.
And now I am just eager to see Mauli's journey.
Arshi67 thumbnail
A very well thought through analysis. Unfortunately, instant gratification (not only the sexual one) seems to be the preferred choice. 
kala16 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Awesome post dear!!! Looks like u hv better ideas than the CVs of the show.

How wonderful it wud hv been to see the story develop gradually with friendship and slowly kunal and nandini getting attracted towards each other.

Instead they chose this baba gyaan, sufi songs while consummation. It totally destroyed two characters kunal, nandini.

MrDarcyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Great analysis. The whole issue of the story is how poorly executed the EMA was? Even KANK did a better job? Much better. You felt bad for the straying people even a little. Here you don't.

EMA story "Unfaithful" was a very well developed drama that showed the repercussions and consequences when a woman chose to cheat on her husband with a younger man. The story didn't romanticise the EMA at all. In fact, you actually get scared watching it, thinking of the consequences of such a choice. It is a fallacy that EMA is taken lightly in Western narratives. Its presented more realistically, but it's NEVER taken lightly or shown to be some divine encounter! Coz guess what it's not? 

If this show had developed the Nandani-Kunal equation and relationship better than to show it as Hero/Damsel in distress, or savior complex etc, then more people could relate. Here it was way too superficial for the general audience to feel any connect with these characters or with their relationship! It just looked like Glorified Lust, highly stylised to have visual appeal! Again totally superficial. They did a BAD job. Hence the backlash and hence having to go from Ruahani Arazoo to showing Mauli's POV coz that's what the general audience wants to see. (Not the blind fans of actors). Mauli is the only person people relate to at this point coz the other two come across too pathetic and selfish to gain sympathy!
subhs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
very well written. It would have been a better story tbh
SummerRain7 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: MrDarcyfan

Great analysis. The whole issue of the story is how poorly executed the EMA was? Even KANK did a better job? Much better. You felt bad for the straying people even a little. Here you don't.

EMA story "Unfaithful" was a very well developed drama that showed the repercussions and consequences when a woman chose to cheat on her husband with a younger man. The story didn't romanticise the EMA at all. In fact, you actually get scared watching it, thinking of the consequences of such a choice. It is a fallacy that EMA is taken lightly in Western narratives. Its presented more realistically, but it's NEVER taken lightly or shown to be some divine encounter! Coz guess what it's not? 

If this show had developed the Nandani-Kunal equation and relationship better than to show it as Hero/Damsel in distress, or savior complex etc, then more people could relate. Here it was way too superficial for the general audience to feel any connect with these characters or with their relationship! It just looked like Glorified Lust, highly stylised to have visual appeal! Again totally superficial. They did a BAD job. Hence the backlash and hence having to go from Ruahani Arazoo to showing Mauli's POV coz that's what the general audience wants to see. (Not the blind fans of actors). Mauli is the only person people relate to at this point coz the other two come across too pathetic and selfish to gain sympathy!

Bold - Stylised is a good word, but with an overdose of God and all the duur duur se dekhna and khaana bana ke khilaana , I would prefer to use the word sanskaarified. Highly unrealistic , when compared to a real life EMA.  Reality is actually very crude, one that would invoke a whole new level of disgust for Kunal and Nandini. Also, in reality there would be no Ganesh Utsav encounters, just Mauli deciding to visit Nandini unannounced and finding the two in bed. 
In a way I think I don't prefer that level of crudeness, because it would be very difficult to look past that, but I also did not want this glossed over version. 
goofyCat thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Very well written!! I always look forward to your posts 😊
Guess many of us expected a similar story.. Subtle, gradually developed feelings.. But writers were thinking something else. Wondering if they were too overconfident.

I wouldn't even have minded a physical relationship in heat of the moment after showing unspoken feelings for some time, and later both of them regretting it and trying to fight their feelings. But here they both were made to look like they were waiting to jump into bed, and then they had absolutely no regret about it. That is where things went wrong and both of them are no more layered characters but seasoned cheaters who have no shame about their wrong doings.
naq5 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Completely agree. this was how i expected the story to go on when i started seeing it.
but a dance in the rain and kunal falling so easily for her without even any issues in his and mauli's relationship at that time ruined it for me. from there there was a downward slope.

Even i thought mauli not wanting kids currently would be an issue. her being not at home an busy would have been an issue. instead she was more at home at that time because of mauli. nandani would be more of a person and try to help Kunal with his insecurities and help him in his dreams when mauli was busy. but no here we only get a meek nandani who has nothing to offer emotionally neither to mauli not to kunal. she is so week and poorly characterized . expected her to choose friendship over a man atleast this time but no she is still the same. she dint even think once before sleeping with kunal & not even guilty after that

The EMA wuld have still been bashed but atleast the connect would be there and we would atleast understood the characters. here i cant fathom why kunal is doing what he is and same for nandani too

Edited by naq5 - 5 years ago
Neutral2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
@TM
I disagree with your opinion. It would be boring story. If everything happen as you expected than there will be no fun in watching the series.
Your story seems to be fit if it is 10 year back. This is current generation story. Every 10 year generation changes, their ideas, philosophy differ from older generation. In fact when I see people 2-3 years younger than me, they are completely different in terms of living life.

Let me remind you some scene which I think this is advance generation story.

1. Mauli and Kunal love story is not situational love story where they fall slowly like other daily soap. Kunal took the initiative even when they are not close friend. Remember he used to follow her. This show Kunal is very quick in choosing and deciding.

2. In the very 1st scene of the show, Kunal and Mauli try to do role reversal where they are having affair out of Mauli marriage. They are doing to spark their sex life. Yes, this is not emotional gameplay. Remember how easily Kunal got upset when he could not fulfill his desire. It already show they are losing spark in their life.

3. Mauli thinking for love and marriage is totally practical. When Kunal friend is having affair, she said because your wife is working, you are maintaining life style. This show today's culture where people love after checking everything just like arrange marriage happen.

I think the cvs want to show the changing in the thinking of today's generation.

I have no problem for Kunal falling for dancing girl, or not fighting towards his attraction. But I guess it would be better if Kunal and Mauli relationship is not of 7 years. I mean their attachment is very strong and Kunal falling out of Mauli look impractical to me.
Edited by Neutral2 - 5 years ago
arshi_asya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Neutral2

@TM

I disagree with your opinion. It would be boring story. If everything happen as you expected than there will be no fun in watching the series.
Your story seems to be fit if it is 10 year back. This is current generation story. Every 10 year generation changes, their ideas, philosophy differ from older generation. In fact when I see people 2-3 years younger than me, they are completely different in terms of living life.

Let me remind you some scene which I think this is advance generation story.

1. Mauli and Kunal love story is not situational love story where they fall slowly like other daily soap. Kunal took the initiative even when they are not close friend. Remember he used to follow her. This show Kunal is very quick in choosing and deciding.

2. In the very 1st scene of the show, Kunal and Mauli try to do role reversal where they are having affair out of Mauli marriage. They are doing to spark their sex life. Yes, this is not emotional gameplay. Remember how easily Kunal got upset when he could not fulfill his desire. It already show they are losing spark in their life.

3. Mauli thinking for love and marriage is totally practical. When Kunal friend is having affair, she said because your wife is working, you are maintaining life style. This show today's culture where people love after checking everything just like arrange marriage happen.

I think the cvs want to show the changing in the thinking of today's generation.

I have no problem for Kunal falling for dancing girl, or not fighting towards his attraction. But I guess it would be better if Kunal and Mauli relationship is not of 7 years. I mean their attachment is very strong and Kunal falling out of Mauli look impractical to me.

I have seen people having a perfect marriage for more than 10  or 20 years and then going for divorce because they can't make it work anymore or one of them found someone else.  They have kids and even then they go for divorce. So,  a marriage breaking after 7 years isn't an impractical thing. 

Even in this generation, there are people who are sincere for the marriages. And initial characterization showed that sincerity in all of these characters. So,  there are man and woman both who strive hard to make their marriage work. 

And today,  people love first and then check things especially in an EMA. People now a days don't think before falling in love or getting into relationships and this has been a very first hand experience for me since a lot of my friends regretted a relationship they once adored absolutely. So,  Kunal and Nandini belong to this category. 

They didn't show Mauli-Kunal courtship at all. But the sincerity was there in the marriage. Had Kunal be the playboy, then why did he not find anyone worth going after for 7 years. Kunal turned 360 only after the rain dance otherwise he came out to be a very settled man who loved his wife very much in the initial episodes.

CVs didn't do justice to the first impressions of these characters at all. And I would have to slightly disagree about Mauli being a practical person when it comes to love. She is too devoted and too good to everything who tries to do everything on her own. In reality, a woman of her position would be very layered in modern times. That doesn't mean she wouldn't feel the betrayal and cheating and hurt or she wouldn't break down ever or she wouldn't have had support from audience if her role was layered. she would sti have all those things. Mauli has been characterized as being absolutely perfect without any flaw and that's what makes audience feel for her only and hate the other two completely. And I am one of them.

This show is no where close to show practical relationships of modern times. This show was meant to show Mauli's jouney primarily as opposed to what was shown in promo, where all 3 were layered.

I began to watch this show for story and not any actor and I would say story has been terrible for a show that aimed to show relationships getting complicated nd the internal struggle  in them for all 3 characters.