Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

desigrl05 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago

psshhhh admit it guys, you know you have some sort of bhakti sangeet hidden behind your jay-z compilation ...yeah we all know it ..i'll be the first to admit. :-)

So what are some of your favorite bhakti geet? doesn't have to be anything from mytho shows..but just name something that is spiritual or uplifiting..

here's my list:

humko man ki shakti dena [highly recommended]
I really like how this song expresses how one show behave to become a better person.  Its a really humbling song and reminds you how you should ask for strength to do good deeds

jai dev jai dev
fun uplifting song, really gets you into a mood of doing pooja or dancing even!

woh kisna hai [highly recommended]
okay so here's a little love song but its soo wonderful! I love how each characteristic of radha/kisna is beautifully told..even better, the dhol beats and who can forget "da re da re da re ..." till date gives me chills up my spine :)

man mein ram basale
I discovered this song when my mother felt ill, this really was my support song and reminds me how one's life with be fulfilled as long as ram is in their minds

pal pal hai bhari [highly recommended]
I am such a Ram fan so its obvious I'll love this song..this is so beautifully scripted to have all 3 characters, ramji, sitaji, and ravan telling their ideals/opinions about ram... I especially like the last bit where the chorus sings 'mere ramji aaye'. it sounds soo nice, it almost sounds as if an entire world is singing for ramji

o palanhaare
such a hauntingly beautiful song..it gives a feeling of desperation and true emotions.  very well played out and always a good listen to at night before bed.  reminds you to be thankful for what you have. 

om namah shiva
my mom's personal favorite.  This is all for the shivji bhakts

maurya re [highly recommended]
I could listen to this on repeat for hours upon end.  No explanantion needed for this one.  This song you have to feel for rather than to just listen

ek radha ek meera [highly recommended]
both so different yet so similar.  Hear for the beautiful lyrics to this song, it expresses both loves in such an intertwined way you cannot say which love is greater or which suffered more

kkkk..i could go all night on this..but just wanted to share some of my favorites :) share some of your own!
Edited by desigrl05 - 13 years ago
muffins2waffles thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Hah most of my songs are devotional, lol :P

I have a few Telugu movie songs as well, and a few Hindi, but no English ones because if my dad found out I put English music on it. 😆 (Very strict family LOL)

Anyways thank you for the song list! Shall listen to every one in my free time :))