Anashah1980 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Vickey Lalwani

Kashmera Shah and Krushna Abhishek

Kashmera Shah and her live-in boyfriend Krushna Abhishek were denied a place at Duplex Heights in Lokhandwala Complex, Andheri because they haven't tied the knot.

The couple who currently stays at Kashmera's Yari Road residence were looking for a bigger house and finally zeroed down on a 4-BHK flat in Duplex Heights.Little did they know that their 'not married' status would pose a problem.

Our well-placed source from the industry says, "Kashmera and Krushna were hunting for a bigger and better place. A few days ago, they finalised a flat at Duplex Heights. After all the formalities were done, the couple was told that they wouldn't get the flat because they are not married."

When contacted, Kashmera sounded furious. She said, "Why do I need a marriage certificate to have a roof over my head? What's the big deal about Krushna and me living in? Just because I am open about my life, nobody has the right to decide where and how I should live. Are we living in a free country or not?"

Where do we go from here?

< =07/19/2008 name=date>

Kashmera Shah and live-in boyfriend Krushna Abhishek were not allowed to rent a flat at Duplex Heights, Lokhandwala Complex, because they're not married

Who objected to their occupying the flat? Kashmera said, "I was told by my real estate consultant Ladiwala that the building's committee member, Nawman Malik (film producer), had raised the objection. Another real-estate consultant Shivaji Darbar who deals with Duplex Heights told Ladiwala that Malik didn't want us in that building."
http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&sectid=30&contentid=2008071920080719021850656308b9f26
When contacted Shivaji said, "There is no such law that can prevent Kashmera and Krushna from living together. But yes, Nawman Malik did object to them living together in Duplex Heights only because they were not married."

On the other hand, Nawman said that he was not aware that Kashmera and Krushna had applied for a flat in Duplex Heights. However, he added, "Yes, there is a law in Duplex Heights that a couple needs to be married before they check in."