Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Susi26 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 days ago
Absolutely! ā€œYeh mera pati, humari shaadi ek saal tak bhi ho mein iska patni, tum beech mein kyu aarahiā€ aise jo kaha kartha tha Abhira, mute mode pe chali jaayegi smiley36

Randomlurker thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Team Critics

Originally posted by: The_Best

Is there any ML with a backbone on Starplus? Jhanak, Ghum and Armaan are all spineless and get manipulated by others so easily 

Nah, no ITV MLs are like that rn. It's not just Sitara ML, but all Sitara FLs are dumb too. They got serious inconsistency in their character arc. That's why I'm watching Imlie, man. Imlie Og got you feeling her 18 y/o struggle. Aditya and Malini were lit too. That's how a writer should build their character arcs and story.

Indira1211 thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 2

Team Abhira (Gen 4)

Originally posted by: Chaitu.V

Me too , I saw ppl giving credits to Garima for the trp raise in trp thread  for her great creativity, so thought of giving it a try couldnā€™t watch that toxicity and cringe for long. Only 4-5 episodes and am done, I  couldnā€™t take such horrible creativity .i canā€™t take these  shows or actors seriously that I  wish the show to end just because I donā€™t like some plots  ,I will just leave that show and forget about it. And this Jhanak has no creativity because itā€™s sasta copy of Imlie šŸ˜‚

that rain scene of Janak was so gross yesterday because it was full on lust and nothing else..Janak gets verbally abused by the heros family every single episode and sheā€™s been a maid in his house., they were even forcefully marrying her to the villain..and now suddenly this hero is intensely physically attracted to janak šŸ™„šŸ˜‚

Originally posted by: janecastle

I like to know just how much creativity does it take to copy paste another show and make it 10 times more toxic and vile. Stuff like stone pelting a woman to death.. that must be the peak of creativity. Or may be fooling your fiancĆ© and romancing someone else behind her back might be. smiley39

waise math bholo making the OG show more toxic ,cringe and vile is creativity too.smiley42 

As I said I only watched a few episodes , couldnā€™t bear those cheaters and their cringe for long. If the so called leads are married to each other why is Khanak a maid in that house ?? Why is that loser Ani getting engaged to Arshi  and planning to marry her ?? Few days back He n PL had Ashirwad ceremony too  in front of his wife? Not so long  back he was hugging PL saying ā€œmein tumahare bina jee nahi sakthi Arshi , ILUā€ ?? And  not so innocent Jhanak is peeping through their door and watching her husband hugging  and romancing another women ?? So whoā€™s cheating who ? May be Jhanak and Ani r cheaters and losers but not having EMA as he is not married to Arshi yet ? I wonder if he will still continue to romance his old wife Jhanak in front of his love his new wife Arshi too ? Math is mathing??smiley39 Math will be mathing perfectly  if that loser Ani will be sent to jail for cheating his wife and would be wife.

Edited by Chaitu.V - 13 days ago
Posted: 12 days ago

Originally posted by: pyar-ishk

The writing was great and the living room drama with Sai spilling truth bombs 

were the best. Plus the lead spend time with each other and the ML supported her 

it was that balance that kept the show in that position for close to a year or more 

Toxicity isn't the issue but is the kind that is acceptable and there has to be balance 

it there's not balance then it isn't fun and the story isn't moving 

sorry to jump into your conversation. Was reading your posts and I have always wondered about what works in these serials. I have not watched Ghum, but follow Jhanak On and Off, canā€™t stand Bose family but love Ani-Jhanak scenes. So I thought will add my 2 cents on Bold above. I agree with everything that you have said, toxicity is never an issue with audience. In my opinion, it doesnā€™t matter what kind of toxicity though or whether it is acceptable or not as long as it is called out by one of the leads.. 

Take Jhanak for instance, they show extreme scenes and then balance it out by either Jhanak or Ani speaking out against it and that works for audience I guess. Take for example, marriage reversal rasams they showed, Bose took Jhanak to a Ghaat (river bank) and did pooja with literally bangle breaking and sindoor mitana in a temple with Panditji, she endured all that silently but then when she was told to wear white Sari she spoke up and refused saying I wonā€™t do it as it symbolises that Ani is dead and how can you as family make me do that. So in this whole toxic fiasco we see Jhanakā€™s suffering, her taking stand for Aniā€™s well being and then Ani jumping in river to save Jahank. All ticks for a great recipe I guess. 

And for leads too, there is a balance in their behaviour to each other too. they show Ani and Jhanak being extremely rude to each other in one instance and then going extra mile to care for each other the next, which kind of gives an impression to audience that even though leads are being jerks now but they do care for each other and their behaviour is stemming out of jealousy/helplessness in love etc, probably something the TRP audience donā€™t mind šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Also bad characters are bad, they are not grey. I think no one here would defend Bose behaviour at any point. 

Also as you said for Ghum, in Jhanak too Ani and Jhanak both drop truth bombs on Bose and Shirsti. Those scenes are really fun to watch. And Ani literally is the most ardent champion of Jhanakā€™s career more than Jhanak herself. He wants to see her reach the heights of success and in monologues says things like I will be the happiest and will silently watch you from afar when you are famous. I think he gets a lot of brownie points with TRP audience for that inspite of scenes like throwing bank paper in Jhanakā€™s face šŸ™„ so balance is definitely the key. 

Sorry my 2 cents turned out really long. 

Finally I do think Garimaā€™s aesthetic scenes add to the mix. From camera angles to costumes (mind you Jhanak mostly is in ordinary clothes but her choice of colors etc make the scene visually appealing I guess) to songs everything just lift up the scenes and bring out the emotions. And that is why when you see stand alone clips it makes you go and check out the rest. I think Garima did that for yrkkh too previously but look at it now, I think it misses that oomph. 

Edited by DotDash - 12 days ago
Randomlurker thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Team Critics

Yo, got a legit q: I don't watch this show anymore, but saw on a forum that Madhav might get Abhira back in the next update. But peeps are saying no way, she's got self-respect now and ain't going back to that house, she's high-value FL, yada yada. Fair enough, if she doesn't come back, kudos to the writers. But if they make her come back, then what? They will totally flip it and say, "Look, the divorce didn't fully happen, she's still his wife." I'm betting this defense will come up. Just my take, but I could be wrong. Maybe they won't show her coming back. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Randomlurker thumbnail

Team Critics

Originally posted by: DotDash

sorry to jump into your conversation. Was reading your posts and I have always wondered about what works in these serials. I have not watched Ghum, but follow Jhanak On and Off, canā€™t stand Bose family but love Ani-Jhanak scenes. So I thought will add my 2 cents on Bold above. I agree with everything that you have said, toxicity is never an issue with audience. In my opinion, it doesnā€™t matter what kind of toxicity though or whether it is acceptable or not as long as it is called out by one of the leads.. 

Take Jhanak for instance, they show extreme scenes and then balance it out by either Jhanak or Ani speaking out against it and that works for audience I guess. Take for example, marriage reversal rasams they showed, Bose took Jhanak to a Ghaat (river bank) and did pooja with literally bangle breaking and sindoor mitana in a temple with Panditji, she endured all that silently but then when she was told to wear white Sari she spoke up and refused saying I wonā€™t do it as it symbolises that Ani is dead and how can you as family make me do that. So in this whole toxic fiasco we see Jhanakā€™s suffering, her taking stand for Aniā€™s well being and then Ani jumping in river to save Jahank. All ticks for a great recipe I guess. 

And for leads too, there is a balance in their behaviour to each other too. they show Ani and Jhanak being extremely rude to each other in one instance and then going extra mile to care for each other the next, which kind of gives an impression to audience that even though leads are being jerks now but they do care for each other and their behaviour is stemming out of jealousy/helplessness in love etc, probably something the TRP audience donā€™t mind šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Also bad characters are bad, they are not grey. I think no one here would defend Bose behaviour at any point. 

Also as you said for Ghum, in Jhanak too Ani and Jhanak both drop truth bombs on Bose and Shirsti. Those scenes are really fun to watch. And Ani literally is the most ardent champion of Jhanakā€™s career more than Jhanak herself. He wants to see her reach the heights of success and in monologues says things like I will be the happiest and will silently watch you from afar when you are famous. I think he gets a lot of brownie points with TRP audience for that inspite of scenes like throwing bank paper in Jhanakā€™s face šŸ™„ so balance is definitely the key. 

Sorry my 2 cents turned out really long. 

Finally I do think Garimaā€™s aesthetic scenes add to the mix. From camera angles to costumes (mind you Jhanak mostly is in drab clothes but her choice of colors etc make the scene visually appealing I guess) to songs everything just lift up the scenes and bring out the emotions. And that is why when you see stand alone clips it makes you go and check out the rest. I think Garima did that for yrkkh too previously but look at it now, I think it misses that oomph. 

I kinda agree with u. I follow Jhanak on & off. The show is toxic af, but it's getting trp numbers. U can disagree, but the audience is eating it up. The show isn't even prime time & it dethroned a 15-year legacy show. Gotta admit, Rishta's story sucks rn. Yelling 'legacy legacy' won't give u numbers. Being blunt, Jhanak it's a copy-paste of OG Imlie, and the 10 pm slot is getting top 2, but Rishta's been struggling from the start with a max of 2.3. The fault lies with the makers & writers. The characters' execution sucks, costumes suck, and the story's going nowhere. Everyone's either dumb, clueless, or annoying. What's their selling point? It's just running cuz people have 15 years of attachment to it & RS is a big name in Sitara. Otherwise, many shows come & go. U can't disagree, Gen 4 sucks in everything. They're just copying from other shows without a brain

Originally posted by: Randomlurker

I kinda agree with u. I follow Jhanak on & off. The show is toxic af, but it's getting trp numbers. U can disagree, but the audience is eating it up. The show isn't even prime time & it dethroned a 15-year legacy show. Gotta admit, Rishta's story sucks rn. Yelling 'legacy legacy' won't give u numbers. Being blunt, Jhanak it's a copy-paste of OG Imlie, and the 10 pm slot is getting top 2, but Rishta's been struggling from the start with a max of 2.3. The fault lies with the makers & writers. The characters' execution sucks, costumes suck, and the story's going nowhere. Everyone's either dumb, clueless, or annoying. What's their selling point? It's just running cuz people have 15 years of attachment to it & RS is a big name in Sitara. Otherwise, many shows come & go. U can't disagree, Gen 4 sucks in everything. They're just copying from other shows without a brain

Never watched OG imlie, so no clues if Jhanak is a copy of that. I know Imlie was based on some Leena Bengali show and Jhanak is also a Leena show, so may be she is just churning the same content in a new bottle. Btw I have read Leena is known for showing extremely regressive content in her Bengali shows.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. Yrkkh gen 4 has literally nothing to offer, and it is getting whatever TRP it is gets because it has legacy audiences and starplus isnā€™t touching it because of favouritism towards RS. If it wasnā€™t RS legacy show, it would have been shelved a long ago. They have lost the plot and it is just a drag now. 

Firefly_shines thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Team Abhimanyu (Gen 3)

itā€™s definitely going to happenšŸ¤£ā€¦ I think soulmate revelation to Ab will also be a phuski bomb.. Vidya and manish know, baaki jaane ya na jaane, koi farak nahi padtaā€¦ Ab should knowā€¦ Ruhi Ab ki band bajate hue khud hi bol degi, that I am the chitwali... I hope she also mentions, pehla misunderstanding bhi tumhari meherbani se hi hua thaā€¦ na tum Ar ka phone utakar mujse rudely bath karti, na mujhe lagta ki uski life mein koi aur hai.. (I am not justifying Ruhi, just saying)..