Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nikki_love thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Finally an update! Sorry to pester you...lekin kyakare....your story is super interesting and AbhiRa aare awesome!...Your Abhi is just freaking 🔥

I loved the Abhira scenes and Neil and PB and all of it....loved the end conversation!

Need loads of AbhiRa convos plsss and of course romance. 

Jaldi updates plssssss

Nandini_goyal thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Abhimanyu is annoying. I don’t like the way he doesn’t let Akshara do her work. 

Prettyblooms thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Awesome please update soon

Manju1066 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Thank you for updating 🤗was chking full day today to see if you had updated 😁I am in love with this story.waiting for the next chapter 💖💖

aakasa thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Finally vthe wait is over.... Great just loved it

mudz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

This habit of abhi to blatantly disregard Akshu and her life choices is going to create serious issues. 

I hope he starts to be understanding soon.

Lovely update!

LoveMyself_sri thumbnail

Wow wow... loved it... Whole family knows... More abhira moments pls...bade papa called abhimanyu...what a cliff hanger..

Illuminatus. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Chapter 8 

Wow n wow.

This is how a surgeon Doc Love Story and family oriented story should be. 

Your imagination wala Abhimanyu is amazing and your Akshara is also just as strong and awesome. 

Abhi interrupting Akshara's board meeting and yet get to kiss her is quite a win for him. But for how long...?

And bade papa calling him directly before he talks to Akshara... kya baat.

KYA CLIFFHANGER HAI YAAR!! 

The waiting game starts... 

Edited by Illuminatus. - 2 years ago
Duskyylilac thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Superb update â¤ď¸

So families know about it now and Birla are too happy with the news 

And Akshu also told her family and bade papa called him 

You left us in cliffhanger.... Continue soon 

Can't wait to know what he said to Abhi.. I hope he didn't warned him to stay away from Akshu 

olsen_124 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Carpe_diem

Chapter 8

Akshara tried to step away from Abhimanyu but was pulled back to his chest. He lifted her hand and frowned looking at the blood. “What happened to your hand?”, he asked.

“Everybody is looking at us!”, Akshara whispered but Abhimanyu was busy inspecting her hand and was about to get a first aid kit when Aarohi stepped towards them.

“Here”, she handed it to Abhimanyu.

“Thanks”, he said and he pulled Akshara towards the bench that was close by. They sat down and he started cleaning the wound.

“Ye kab hua?”, Anand asked in wonder.

“I thought they couldn’t stand each other”, Mahima said.

“Bilkul humare jaise hai”, Anand winked at Mahima and she rolled her eyes.

“Tum kya soch rahe ho Harsh?”, Anand asked Harsh.

“Isse accha kuch ho hi nahi sakta tha”, Harsh replied with a smile. He was ecstatic. He adored Akshara and he couldn’t wait to see Aksharabecome a part of the family.

Aarohi looked at Neil smugly. “I told you so!”

Neil was speechless.

“Akshu and Bhai?!”, he managed to say.

“Offo! Stop saying their names in a loop. Yes, they are in love!”, Aarohi murmured dreamily.

Abhimanyu finished bandaging Akshara’s hand and kissed it softly.  â€œAre you sure you’re okay?”, he asked

She nodded her head. “Your family knows”, she whispered softly.

Abhimanyu didn’t look away from her. He simply shrugged.

“Let me take you home. You need to rest”, he said.

“No, Aarohi will take me home. You need to be here. Dr. Harsh and Dr. Anand will need your help.”

He looked conflicted so she continued. “You’ll have to check on our patients in the other hospitals.”

Abhimanyu couldn’t argue with that.

“Dr. Aarohi?”, he called out.

Aarohi hurried towards them and grinned at Akshara and then sobered up when she met Abhimanyu’s gaze.

“Yes, Sir?”

“Take her home and take good care of her. Let me know if she has any difficulty in breathing.”

“Sure, Sir.”

Aarohi held Akshara’s hand and pulled her to her feet.“Akshu!”, she squealed enthusiastically.

She tried to help her walk towards the parking lot but Akshara stopped her. “Wait, let me go and inform Harsh Sir that I’m leaving.”

Akshara walked up to Harsh who was smiling at her and she felt a little embarrassed that he had witnessed everything that had just happened.

“Sir, can I leave?”

“Sure Akshara. Please take care of yourself. Good work with saving the boy. We’re very grateful. Thank you.”

“Thank you Sir. I’m glad that I could help.”

Akshara walked towards the car and sat down while Aarohi took the driving seat beside her. She looked towards Abhimanyu who was watching her while his family surrounded him.

“What do you think they’re all saying?”, Akshara asked worriedly.

She waved at him and he raised his hand and looked his usual self, not bothered by all the attention that his family was giving him.

“Ah, don’t worry Akshu! They all love you. I’m sure they’re ecstatic”, Aarohi replied.

Abhimanyu watched Akshara leave and then turned to watch his family smiling at him. It amused him that they were all so happy despite a short circuit happening at the hospital.

“We can talk about this at home. I think you’re all forgetting that we just had an accident at the hospital.”

“Yes, we have a lot to do. But I just want to say one thing”, Mahima said.

Abhimanyu waited for her continue.

“I approve”, she said with a smile.

“She’s a great girl. I approve as well”, Anand added.

“Thank you Tauji, Taiji.”

Harsh held Abhimanyu’s shoulders, taking him by surprise. “You’ve made me so happy today, Abhimanyu.”

Abhimanyu stepped away from him and looked at Neil. “Let’s go Neil. I need to check on our patients in the other hospitals.”

Neil agreed and they walked towards the parking lot.

“I’m very upset bhai.”

Abhimanyu sat in his car and Neil took the seat beside him. “Why?”

“I thought there are no secrets between us.”

Abhimanyu scoffed and said, “You didn’t tell me about you and Dr. Aarohi, remember?”

“But you knew all about it! You figured it out yourself!”

“You could’ve figured it out too.”

Neil looked at him in disbelief. “How would I figure it out? I thought you both can’t stand each other! I didn’t even believe Aarohi when she told me about her suspicions about you two.”

“Dr. Aarohi is very perceptive.”

Neil made a face at him. “Thanks bhai. She’s going to roam around proclaiming that she found out first.”

“Mujhe kyo nahi bataya”, Aarohi asked with a sad puppy face.

Akshara held her injured hand gingerly and looked at Aarohi.“Kal hi hua sab kuch. I was going to tell you today but then all this happened and you found out yourself.”

“Kal kya hua? Did you guys kiss?”

Before Akshara could answer, Aarohi screamed, “Don’t tell me! Don’t tell me! I don’t want to know!”

Akshara hid her smile. “Okay”, she said with a straight face.

Aarohi looked at her with widened eyes. “What okay? Does that mean that you guys kissed? Ugh! I want to know but I also don’t want to know! Why am I in Abhimanyu Sir’s team!”

Akshara laughed at her plight. “Aww”

“Why can’t he just be jija ji? Why does he have to be my mentor?!”, Aarohi cribbed and then looked at Akshara suddenly. “He is going to be my jija ji, right? Shaadi toh karoge na?”

“I don’t know. We haven’t talked about it yet. I don’t think Abhimanyu has ever thought of marriage.”

“Arey but he never thought of falling in love also. But he did fall na. So, I’m sure he’ll do whatever you want him to do”, Aarohi assured her.

“But it’s too soon Aaru. I don’t think we should get married so soon”, Akshara said.

“You were ready to marry that arranged marriage guy! What was his name? Arun! So, don’t talk rubbish about it being too soon!”, Aarohi chided her.

“I would have eventually refused to marry Arun. It would have taken just a few meetings for me to realize that. Forget about Arun. I think Abhimanyu and I need some time to breathe. We need to spend time together.”

“I get that. Neil and I are also not ready to get married any time soon. So, are you going to keep this a secret like me or are you going to tell bade papa and others?”

Akshara huffed and said, “I’m going to tell them everything but I don’t think bade papa is going to understand that we need time.”

Aarohi seconded that. “Bade papa is not going to be understanding at all.”

There was a moment of silence before Aarohi exclaimed. “Did Abhimanyu Sir really kiss you?” and Akshara burst out laughing.

**

Abhimanyu finished his rounds and spoke to the doctors at the other hospitals. Then he called Anand.

“Tauji, everything is fine here. We can shift them back tomorrow.”

“Okay good Abhimanyu. I spoke to Harsh and he said the hospital will be cleaned overnight and we will check tomorrow in the morning to make sure that we can bring back the patients.”

“Okay Tauji. Why don’t you and Taiji go back home? You must be really tired. I’ll go back to the hospital and oversee the cleaning activities.”

“Okay I’ll ask Harsh also to come home with us. He’s also exhausted. Please call us in case of any issues, okay?”

“Sure Tauji. Goodnight.”

“Goodnight”

Neil came to him with the list of patients. “I have the list bhai. Chale kya?”

“Yeah let’s go back to the hospital.”

They drove back the hospital and sat down while the workers cleaned.

“Akshara theek hai kya?”, Neil asked.

“I haven’t called her yet.”

He took his phone out and before he could call Akshara, his phone rang.

“Maa”, he answered with a smile.

“Abhi! Kya ye sach hai?”, she asked and Abhimanyu chuckled.

“I was going to tell you today maa. I’m sorry that you had to know from others.”

“Mujhe pehle se hi pata tha! I told Harsh ji that there’s something going on when you brought her home. I’m so happy Abhi! Maine Harsh ji ko kaha ki jaake Akshara ke family se baat karte hai and-“

“Maa! Please calm down. I haven’t even had the time to talk to her. Let me speak to her and discuss things with her.”

“Tum aur Akshara baatein karte raho. Who’s stopping you? But bado ke bhi kaam hote hai. It’s important for both the families to meet.”

Abhimanyu closed his eyes and rubbed his forehead. “Maa, please listen to me. Let me and Akshara decide on this. I know that you’re excited and you want to meet her family but this is too soon.”

“Acha theek hai. I don’t get it but I’ll go with what you’re saying. But you know that I’ve waited for this for too long. So, don’t make me wait longer. No pressure”, she said and laughed.

Abhimanyu ended the call and looked at Neil who grinned at him.

“What else did you expect? This is not going to be just between you and Akshara.”

“I wish we could keep it a secret like you and Aarohi”,Abhimanyu griped.

“What do you think Akshara wants?”, Neil asked.

“I’m not sure. Sometimes I feel that she is in no hurry to get married but sometimes she looks ready to get married right away.”

“And what do you want?”

“I have never thought about it. Maa used to pester me all the time but I never gave it a serious thought.”

Neil smiled and shook his head. “Akshara’s family is very traditional. They’re not going to let you guys sit on this for long. Bade papa! Baap re. I’m very scared of him. I always feel that he’ll catch me and Aarohi red handed.”

Abhimanyu laughed at that. “Maa is also traditional. She’ll wait for a day or two before giving me an ultimatum.”

His phone rang again and he looked at it to see that it was Akshara. Abhimanyu looked at Neil pointedly.

“I’m not going anywhere. I’m going to listen”, Neil said firmly.

“Hey”, Abhimanyu answered his phone and tried to lean away from Neil but he bent towards him.

“Are you still at the hospital?”, Akshara asked.

“Yeah, Neil and I are still here. How’s your hand?”

“It’s fine. Aaru gave me some medicine. Did your family ask anything?”

Abhimanyu stood up and walked towards the corridor. “Yeah they did. I said I’ll talk to them at home. There’s nothing more to it. They’re all just happy. Maa is over the moon. She just called.”

“Oh thank god! I was worried about their reaction. Good that they took it so well. But now everyone in the hospital knows.”

“So?”, Abhimanyu asked.

“So, people are going to talk.”

“They don’t matter.”

“Of course they matter! We work in the same place.”

“So?”

“You’re so annoying!”, Akshara said loudly.

“You didn’t find me annoying when you were hugging me and confessing your love for me.”

“You don’t have to sound so smug about it. I was just overwhelmed with everything that happened. That’s all.”

“So, are you trying to say that you don’t love me?”, Abhimanyu asked.

“When did I say that!”

“So, you do love me?”

“Ugh! Stop irritating me! I told you once and that’s it. It was a once in a lifetime thing. I’ll not say it again.”

Abhimanyu smiled at that. “I thought we should have a morning routine at work where you’ll tell me why you love me so much.”

“There will be no such morning routine. We’ll be professional at work.”

“Really?”

“Really.”

“We’ll see.”

“What do you mean? Abhimanyu, I’m serious! You can’t do all that!”

“So, I can’t hug or kiss you?”, he asked playfully.

“No!”

“What if you try to hug or kiss me? Should I allow it or not? I don’t understand the rules.”

Akshara gasped at that. “You’re unbelievable!”

“It was a genuine question!”

“Just keep your distance tomorrow, alright?”

Abhimanyu frowned and said, “You’re not coming to the hospital tomorrow.”

“What? Why?”

“You need to rest. You can’t work with an injured hand.”

“I have a meeting with the investors tomorrow. I can’t skip that. And my hand is fine so I’m not going to stay home.”

“Akshara”

“Abhimanyu”

“Why are you being so stubborn?”, he asked.

“I’m fine! So, relax. When are you planning to go home?”

“There’s a lot of work left. Someone has to be here to supervise. I’ll go home in a couple of hours, I guess.”

“Take care of yourself and get some sleep. It’s been a long day.”

“I think it was a pretty awesome day despite everything that happened”, he remarked.

“Accha. Good for you then. Chalo bye. See you tomorrow.”

“Bas?”

“Ha, aur kya?”

“I don’t know. I just need more.”

“Okay, byeeee!”

Abhimanyu laughed and turned around to find Neil leaning against the opposite wall.

“Bhai, so romantic! Aap aisi baatein bhi karte hai?”

“Chup kar!”

“Are you blushing?!”

Abhimanyu gave him a stern look. “Come, let’s go and do some work.”

“Akshu, soch lo”

Akshara crossed her fingers and went down the stairs. She found her whole family sitting and talking casually.

“Akshu, are you sure?”

“Ha. I have to tell them. I can’t keep this from them.”

Aarohi sat down and looked a little apprehensive.

“Bade papa, Mimi, Badi mummy, I have to tell you something.”

The conversation stopped and Manish looked at Akshara.

“Kal baat karenge. Itna important kya hai? You need to take some rest beta.”

“It’s very important bade papa.”

“Okay, now you’re scaring me. Jaldi batao Akshu”, Mimi said.

“I want you all to know that..umm”, Akshara wringed her hands unable to continue.

“Kya baat hai Akshu”, Badi mummy asked.

“There’s this guy at the hospital. Abhimanyu. We like each other and-“

“Abhimanyu Birla? The interview guy!”, Mimi exclaimed.

“Yes, Mimi. Dr. Abhimanyu Birla. The best surgeon in the city and his family owns Birla Hospital”, Aarohi replied.

“Wo khadoos?”, Badi mummy asked.

“Wo khadoos and sadu nahi hai”, Akshara murmured.

“Acchaaa”, Aarohi and Mimi gushed.

“He’s a great guy and I really like him”, Akshara said earnestly when Manish didn’t say anything.

“I’ve interned under him for over a year now and he’s awesome. Akshu couldn’t have fallen for a better person”, Aarohi added.

“Bade papa?”, Akshara murmured anxiously.

“Why don’t you both go to your room and sleep? I need to discuss this with maa and Swarna”, Manish said.

Mimi silently assured Akshara and Aarohi held Akshara’s hand and pulled her away.

“Give him some time to process”, Aarohi whispered.

“Akshu, wait!”

Akshara and Aarohi turned to see Mimi rushing towards them.

“Well done Akshu! Very good choice!”, Mimi said enthusiastically.

Akshara suppressed a giggle. “Thank you Mimi!”

“Manish ko thoda bhaav khaane do. Wo maan jaayega.”

Mimi went back to the living room and Akshara and Aarohi went to their room.

**

“Bade papa ne kuch kaha hi nahi”, Akshara said sadly.

Akshara and Aarohi were standing outside the meeting room at Birla Hospital.

“Akshu, don’t worry about bade papa. We can easily convince him. Tu itna tension kyo leri hai?”

“I just thought that he would be more accepting of it.”

“Give him some time! You just focus on your meeting. Mahima ma’am is supporting you for the music therapy wing right?”

“Yeah, you’re right. This meeting is important. We need to convince the board that we need a music therapy wing. Let me focus on that. Thanks Aaru.”

They hugged each other and Akshara stepped into the meeting room. Mahima was going through a file.

“Akshara, I’ll make the pitch first and explain about the benefits of Music Therapy and then you can add the business part of it”, Mahima suggested.

“Sure, Mahima ma’am.”

Akshara went through her presentation and smiled at the Board members when they took their seats around the table.

When Harsh prompted her to start, Akshara addressed the room. “Thank you everybody for taking some time out for this. As mentioned in the email, we have a proposal to open a Music Therapy wing. We feel that-“

Akshara stopped speaking when the door opened and Abhimanyu stepped in. He walked up to an empty seat and sat down.

“What a pleasant surprise!”, Anand exclaimed.

“Just wanted to see what goes on in these meetings”, Abhimanyu commented.

“Abhimanyu you’re also a board member. You’re always welcome to join us”, Harsh said with a broad smile.

Akshara cleared her throat and narrowed her eyes at Abhimanyu who winked at her.

“Please continue Ms. Goenka”, he said graciously.

Akshara continued, “So, we feel that Music Therapy wing will be very helpful for our patients. The General Ward patients can have a session at regular intervals. We can also have walk ins and consultations.”

“Ours is a multi-specialty hospital. We have people coming in for complex health issues and adding a Music Therapy wing will add a lot of strain on all of us but it’s benefits will be marginal”, Abhimanyu remarked and a lot of the Board members nodded their heads in agreement.

“Benefits will not be marginal. I think it’s wrong to weigh Music Therapy in the same way as we would consider Cardiology or Neurology”, Mahima defended.

“That’s right. Music Therapy is therapeutic and its benefits include improving mental health and overall well-being”, Akshara added.

“I agree with Dr. Abhimanyu. I don’t really see the necessity of adding this wing to our hospital”, one of the Board members commented.

“Before you all come to a conclusion, can you please let Dr. Mahima present the health benefits and then I will also present the business benefits”, Akshara implored.

“No, I don’t think we need to spend any more time on this”, another Board member said.

“I’m proposing clinical and evidence-based use of music interventions and as the biggest hospital in the city, it is our duty to constantly evolve and bring in new techniques that are bound to have a high impact on patients”, Akshara asserted.

Abhimanyu leaned forward and said, “I don’t think it’s a viable option right now. We will have to hire good people and help them set things up. Someone will have to supervise and assess so like I said before, it’s a lot of work.”

“But-“

Harsh shook his head subtly at Akshara and she stopped speaking.

“So, let’s take a vote. If majority is in favor of the Music Therapy then we can discuss further otherwise we can end it here”, Harsh proposed.

Akshara, Harsh and Mahima raised their hands for in favor of Music Therapy and that left them in low minority and they lost 3-10.

Akshara gathered her files and got up to leave.

“Let’s try after a few weeks, Akshara. We just had the short circuit yesterday and it’s been so busy these days. That’s why nobody is ready to listen right now”, Mahima consoled her.

Akshara nodded and slipped out of the room even as Abhimanyu tried to stop her.

“Akshara! Wait!”, he called out but she continued to walkaway.

“Hey! I’m talking to you!”, he blocked her way and held out his hand to touch her arm but she shifted away.

“I have to go”, she said softly.

“Look at me”, Abhimanyu touched her cheek.

When she refused to look at him, he drew her hand into his and walked into the nearest room and locked it.

“Akshara, look at me”

She lifted her gaze and looked at him. “What do you want? I’m fine! I just have to go.”

He scoffed and put his hands on his hips. “Are you serious?!Are you seriously upset about the meeting?”

“You have never attended any Board meeting and today you suddenly decided to make your presence felt?! And then before I could even put my proposal forward you gave your expert opinion and swayed everyone’s opinion!”

“I would have said the same thing before and after the proposal. I just saved everybody’s time”, he explained. He couldn’t see why she was making this a big issue.

“Why are you wasting your time then? Go and spend it on some useful work!”, she muttered.

Abhimanyu started laughing and that made her furious. “I don’t see anything funny here!”

He pulled her into his arms and hugged her. She tried to thrust away from him and used all her might but he locked his arms around her.

“Let me go!”

“I’m sorry”, he whispered and she stopped struggling. Abhimanyu loosened his grip but still held her close. She raised her eyes and looked at him suspiciously.

“What are you sorry about?”

“I have no idea”, he chuckled and it made her smile.

“You need to take my side”, she proclaimed.

“But I was not going against you. I just said-“, he stopped talking when she glowered at him.

“Fine! I’ll always take your side. I’ll blindly go with whatever you say, okay?”, he asked.

She nodded smugly and smiled at him. He lowered his face and his thumb stroked her cheek. He kissed the shell of her ear and she shivered at the contact. He trailed along her jaw and then her neck. He looked at her and his eyes held hers with an unspoken question and when he seemed to get his answer, he kissed her.

His kiss made her stomach spin into a wild swirl. He held her tightly by the hips and a rumble vibrated through him and he gathered her closer making her grip his shirt between her fingers and crumbling it.

A phone started ringing and Akshara tapped his shoulder and he tilted her face and continued to kiss her. She tapped him again and he lifted his face just to look at her questioningly.

“Phone”, she whispered and was surprised to find her voice hoarse.

“Ignore it”, he muttered and clutched her face but stopped when she started giggling.

“It’s your phone!”, she laughed.

He looked around for his phone and frowned at it. “Who is it?”, she asked.

“No idea.”

He answered it and quickly looked at Akshara. He spoke for a few seconds and ended the call.

“Who was it?”

“Tumhare bade papa.”

Hello! Sorry guys! I was stuck with real life issues so I couldn't focus on my imaginary characters. I'll try hard to stick to a schedule and post updates regularly. Hope you all are still connected to the story. Please do share your feedback!

Loved it....... Oh what is bade papa going to do now.... Please don't make him kabab mei haddi. 

A question: are Aarohi and Akshara step sisters here as well,..... And is Akshara Naira's daughter ?

Edited by olsen_124 - 2 years ago