Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aye-masakalii thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: SexyPotato

What is happening in that tag, everyone is acting super woke.šŸ˜†

Raghav makes mistakes- blame the writers for not showing his growth. 

Pallavi makes mistakes- she's dumb and hypocritical

Inese_20 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

People flirting with you even when they know you are with someone else drive me mad like nothing else. My mind automatically take an offence of it. Like what do you expect of me, what even made you think I am going to cheat on my partner? šŸ˜”

Definitely been there Nidhi! Many such instances but I have one whole incident to narrate which made me learn so much. My friend and her boyfriend (both my classmates) had a bad breakup. Few days later I came in contact with this guy for work purposes, where he told me how heā€™s undergoing severe depression because of it. Given the fact that my friend had kind of cheated on him, I was sympathetic to this person. Plus I am someone who is very sensitive towards mental health issues and would listen to anyone for as long as they need me to, if I can be of help. So I listened to him. Later over texts he would tell me how he is suicidal. 4-5 such long conversations were exchanged where I repeatedly told him that itā€™s going to be alright, also tried to motivate him the best I knew. I didnā€™t open up easily to any guys in my class because whi, I knew people assume I am giving hints. But this guy had me in confidence telling me that I am like a sister to him, and would usually call me ā€˜broā€™. It sounded cheesy but I was like okay, koi na and I was more comfortable myself thereafter. Ek din even brought me chocolates, tb bhi I thought heā€™s just being nice and grateful. This must have went on for 15 days maybe. Something was making me uncomfortable but I couldnā€™t put a finger on it, I thought I am just overthinking. Then this one day he told me to handover some notes outside the hostel, I did, sat with him in the cafeteria to explain the important topics for the upcoming final exam, I was literally worried that he would fail. Then he made one of his friend call his ex-girlfriend (my friend) delibaerately telling her that heā€™s hanging out with me. And this person is telling all this to me himself as if I am going to be super happy about it! I started feeling somethingā€™s fishy with his behaviour- I left to my hostel, still didnā€™t say anything because I was giving him a benefit of doubt. What him I was overreacting? Like why would he do that? I had doubts. I confided in to my boyfriend (I hadnā€™t mentioned it to him yet because I thought itā€™s nothing unusual, I am just talking to a classmate, who doesnā€™t). He straight away told me that this guy was bluffing and trying to gain my sympathy, a classic move. And even if he was not, I should not make him depend on me for moving on- psychiatric patients have this tendency). I was still doubtful but took his words for it and told that guy off, telling him politely that I canā€™t help him anymore. He tried to argue, fight with me as if  I was obliged to help him. Another weird thing. I stood my ground and blocked him even. He was being a weirdo.

A month or two later I found out from a friend that he was going around telling everyone in the class that I am his next girlfriend (inspired by ā€œMai uski best friend ko pataungaā€) šŸ˜” itna gussa aaya na mujhe! How can people even think!

I learned my lesson so well. One more example why I can relate to Pallavi in the ongoing track! Sheā€™s being played pretty well. When you are a kind person, you literally invite trouble sometimes. World is cruel
. And boys do know boys better!

And you might not be able to speak up until you are šŸ’Æ percent sure because of the fear of being rude to someone whoā€™s already suffering. Which is happening with Pallavi right now. In retrospect I know there were so many things weird about this guy, maybe there were signs, but I realise it now. Uss wqt everything seemed coming from a neutral place only. Though I was uncomfortable all the time, I thought itā€™s only because I am shy or I donā€™t usually talk to boys from my class.

-abz- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: TheRoadNotTaken

alag type ka romance hogašŸ¤£

Raghav be like: 

Bin tere sanam is jahan mein, Beqkaar hum dum da dum da dum

Inese_20 thumbnail

Originally posted by: aye-masakalii

Waise all this talk on harassment and entitlement...this is exactly where this Mandaar and Pallavi track should have gone. She's just being nice. He's reading potential and affection into it. He's getting obsessed, he's seeing it as a challenge. He's forgetting about consent. 

I wish they were using this track to have these conversations.

I so agree! šŸ’Æ

SexyPotato thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Raghav makes mistakes- blame the writers for not showing his growth. 

Pallavi makes mistakes- she's dumb and hypocritical

How funny. They're mostly offended because some people are calling them out. Now people are writing essay, see criticizing fl doesn't make any one misogynist blah blah.

That's why trp aunties are any day better that these farzi woke janta.

Inese_20 thumbnail

Mine was a ragging free campus, that helped a lot. Plus I am such a reserved person, zero interaction with seniors. There is only one senior I ever talked to in my college and he was enough for all the help I could need academically šŸ˜†

It weirded me out to say sir or maā€™am. Aap khna bhi I used to find difficult, to seniors who were guysšŸ˜† so I would shift to English and use you instead, sabke liye!

my brother, whoā€™s interning right now, they address their seniors as Doxab (doc sahab) , I love it! So much better than sir or maā€™am. 

Inese_20 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -abz-

You are me, I am you, we are like the sky in blue.šŸ¤£

Abi! Really! Mujhe mere jaisa namoona mila koi šŸ¤—šŸ¤—

Also whatā€™s with all the rhyming šŸ¤£love it šŸ¤©

Inese_20 thumbnail

Main tumhari team mein hoon. The lyrics are fine...but yikes at the singer. I hate the singer for the alt female tracks too..as well as the sound production. They only spent money on the original title song, pata chalta hai. 

I agree.

aye-masakalii thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Inese_20

People flirting with you even when they know you are with someone else drive me mad like nothing else. My mind automatically take an offence of it. Like what do you expect of me, what even made you think I am going to cheat on my partner? šŸ˜”

Definitely been there Nidhi! Many such instances but I have one whole incident to narrate which made me learn so much. My friend and her boyfriend (both my classmates) had a bad breakup. Few days later I came in contact with this guy for work purposes, where he told me how heā€™s undergoing severe depression because of it. Given the fact that my friend had kind of cheated on him, I was sympathetic to this person. Plus I am someone who is very sensitive towards mental health issues and would listen to anyone for as long as they need me to, if I can be of help. So I listened to him. Later over texts he would tell me how he is suicidal. 4-5 such long conversations were exchanged where I repeatedly told him that itā€™s going to be alright, also tried to motivate him the best I knew. I didnā€™t open up easily to any guys in my class because whi, I knew people assume I am giving hints. But this guy had me in confidence telling me that I am like a sister to him, and would usually call me ā€˜broā€™. It sounded cheesy but I was like okay, koi na and I was more comfortable myself thereafter. Ek din even brought me chocolates, tb bhi I thought heā€™s just being nice and grateful. This must have went on for 15 days maybe. Something was making me uncomfortable but I couldnā€™t put a finger on it, I thought I am just overthinking. Then this one day he told me to handover some notes outside the hostel, I did, sat with him in the cafeteria to explain the important topics for the upcoming final exam, I was literally worried that he would fail. Then he made one of his friend call his ex-girlfriend (my friend) delibaerately telling her that heā€™s hanging out with me. And this person is telling all this to me himself as if I am going to be super happy about it! I started feeling somethingā€™s fishy with his behaviour- I left to my hostel, still didnā€™t say anything because I was giving him a benefit of doubt. What him I was overreacting? Like why would he do that? I had doubts. I confided in to my boyfriend (I hadnā€™t mentioned it to him yet because I thought itā€™s nothing unusual, I am just talking to a classmate, who doesnā€™t). He straight away told me that this guy was bluffing and trying to gain my sympathy, a classic move. And even if he was not, I should not make him depend on me for moving on- psychiatric patients have this tendency). I was still doubtful but took his words for it and told that guy off, telling him politely that I canā€™t help him anymore. He tried to argue, fight with me as if  I was obliged to help him. Another weird thing. I stood my ground and blocked him even. He was being a weirdo.

A month or two later I found out from a friend that he was going around telling everyone in the class that I am his next girlfriend (inspired by ā€œMai uski best friend ko pataungaā€) šŸ˜” itna gussa aaya na mujhe! How can people even think!

I learned my lesson so well. One more example why I can relate to Pallavi in the ongoing track! Sheā€™s being played pretty well. When you are a kind person, you literally invite trouble sometimes. World is cruel
. And boys do know boys better!

And you might not be able to speak up until you are šŸ’Æ percent sure because of the fear of being rude to someone whoā€™s already suffering. Which is happening with Pallavi right now. In retrospect I know there were so many things weird about this guy, maybe there were signs, but I realise it now. Uss wqt everything seemed coming from a neutral place only. Though I was uncomfortable all the time, I thought itā€™s only because I am shy or I donā€™t usually talk to boys from my class.

This is infuriating, but unfortunately- no surprising? Aise log har jagah milte hain. That's why Pallavi is so relatable right now. That pressure to not be rude, the fear that you'll be called oversensitive or overreacting- it forces way too many of us to stay quiet till too many lines have been crossed. 

Inese_20 thumbnail

Two of the four core members were called out during #MeToo. Good they dissolved- it would have been hard to take their progressive messages after that. 

Raanjhana..I couldn't get through it. It was upsetting :(

Oh, didnā€™t know about the me too thing! Kuch nhi pta mujhe, I have been living under a rock šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

thought so, reviews read krke.