Really really nice update...

I feel sorry for Khushi!!
suwin thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
awesome...
thank you...
IFrozenl thumbnail
Nice FF dear..must say you write really good!
LondonChick thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
I am liking this FF please may I be pmed for updates?
cute_sarun thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
beautiful story ..please update soon 
Ireena. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Thank you everyone so much for your support and the comments!!πŸ€—

Originally posted by: Aish002

res😊 

edit:

tats a cutesie update...😊...n not bad Arnav..how quickly he changed the whole situation into a coffee date...πŸ˜‰

lol...Khushi jumped on the couch..she is crazy...

Will he tell Khushi about his heartbreak...I hope he does...

welll...even though this is fiction...the way Shyam tried to emotionally blackmail her into uncomfortable things is very much a reality as such things do happen..gr8 job in not making Khushi give into this wicked scheme...

waiting for next update..😊

Thank you so much! πŸ˜ƒSome aspects of this is written from a real life story so you will see some realistic stuff!😊

Originally posted by: mpuhan

way to go khushi. shyam was definitely a class one jerk.
loved the considerate side of arnav. wondering if he would share his side of story with khushi.

Thank you! And you will have to read on to find out!!πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜‰

Originally posted by: sweetvanie

its a lovely update ...

awww khushi is heart-broken ... and to think she dated shyam... he just wanted her and not her love ...

well its good she's away from him and with hottie arnav ...

waiting to know whats gonna happen next ...

oh... and i like what arnav told khushi ... his words are true and comforting ... thx 4 om ..

Arnav in this story is a respectful and decent guy.An important thing to remember as the story unfolds. Thanks for the comments!πŸ˜ƒ

Originally posted by: aleena.1884

u write beautifully dear... humorous yet serious, heart touching yet funny n sweet yet bitter at the same time when it comes both their pasts...
so hope both somehow complete each other n forget their sorrows n Learn to love again.. πŸ˜Š

I am not a great writer considering how amazing some writers are here at IPK forum so thank you so much for your kind words! I really appreciate it!

AND I APOLOGIZE FOR SUCH A LATE UPDATE! The past week has been crazy. Was hungover from Barun's video chat plus a few personal stuff going on so I wasn't able to write! But next update will be up in few mins!!!

Ireena. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Chapter 4

Why Arnav..?' Khushi uttered meekly, almost regretting asking him for the second time given by Arnav's change of mood.

Arnav was silent; he did not reply and just finished his cappuccino as fast as he could. The moment was very awkward. Arnav did not like sharing his heart-breaking story with anyone because he was embarrassed. He thought people would think he is a lousy and stupid man who was left by his girlfriend after nine whole years of dating. Obviously he was wrong. There was nothing stupid or lousy about him. He was a successful man with a pure heart who loved with all his heart. The little bit of arrogance he had was necessary to be successful in his career field of advertising. But he never intended to hurt anyone with that arrogance and if he ever did, he would regret it immediately.

Arnav: Sorry Khushi I'm going to go now. Feel better and don't forget what I said. Bye.

And he got up, placed the money for the drinks on the table and left abruptly. All this happened so quickly that Khushi did not get the time to react. Once he had left Khushi realized what had just happened.

Khushi, still seated, turned her head and watched as Arnav rushed out of the shop

Khushi: What the hell... WAIT! ARNAV!

But Arnav did not turn back or respond and just kept walking.

Khushi immediately jumped out of her seat, grabbed her backpack and ran after Arnav.  Arnav, a tall man with long legs, did not even have to try to walk fast. Khushi on the other hand had to run faster than a hungry cheetah to catch up with him.  As she got closer to him, she decided to scream his name.

Khushi: NO ARNAV WAIT!!!! ARNAV WAIT!!

Arnav final stopped and turned around to the sight of Khushi panting and breathing heavily.

Khushi trying to breathe: Ar-r ..nav.. Wa..it..

Arnav: Listen Khushi, I am a very toxic person. You should stay away from me.

Khushi, still panting: B-ut...Ar..nav...

Arnav: I only talked to you because you seemed miserable and needed to hear what I said. But other than that, we should not talk anymore.

And after saying that, without listening to Khushi's plea, he turned around and kept walking towards his car without any hesitation.

Khushi, being the determined and stubborn girl she was, was not going to give up so easily. She still kept on running after him and screaming his name.

OWWW!!!!!!'

Arnav froze. And immediately turned around to see if Khushi was okay. Khushi had fallen. He rushed to Khushi who was sitting there on the pavement holding her left ankle in pain.

Arnav: Are you okay? Where does it hurt? Khushi I told you to leave me alone. What were you thinking running like a maniac after me? Tell me, are you okay?

Khushi: Oww, oh my god, it hurts so much. Stupid sandals. I tell you shoe companies just steal all our money by selling us such crappy products. Even I can make better quality shoes than this. How are you supposed to trust anyone anymore if even your shoes give up on you?

Arnav could not help but smile at this girl's insanity. Even in pain, sitting on the pavement, all she did was run her dainty little mouth without stopping.

Khushi looked up at Arnav who was smiling and checking her ankle. And to her surprise, her heart felt a tiny bit of longing for him. She was confused so she decided to put aside her thoughts and speak up.

Khushi: You are not a toxic person Arnav.

Arnav: What?

Khushi: I said you are not a toxic person. If you were you wouldn't come running to see if I was okay and you wouldn't still be here. Toxic people are supposed to make other people feel bad. You did the opposite.

Khushi looked at Arnav intently while he tried to avoid eye contact.

Arnav: Okay uhh...we can discuss this later but first let me drop you home.

Khushi: But..but my car!

Arnav: You drive?!!

Khushi: Excuse me...yeah?

Arnav: Oh cool

Khushi: What is wrong with you? Are you some weird old era guy who thinks girls cannot drive? How offensive!

Arnav: No no, not that. It's just you seem so feisty. I cannot imagine you on the road.

Khushi: For your kind information, I have been driving for 3 years and I have a clean record.

Khushi's anger was evident in her eyes and Arnav was enjoying seeing her get all riled up and irritated.

Arnav: Okay okay, Miss. Clean Driving Record. Let me get you home. You need to ice your ankle for it to heal. It should heal by tomorrow and you can also park here overnight there is no limit, so come tomorrow and get your car from here. You can't drive like this anyway.

Khushi: But...!

Arnav: KHUSHI.

Again the firmness in his voice was hard to say no to just like it was when he insisted on buying the cappuccinos at the coffee shop. She did not understand why. She knew she was a stubborn girl and no one could stop her from doing anything she had her mind set on but Arnav was different. She was so confused as to why she had a hard time saying no to him.

Khushi was struggling to get up no matter how much Arnav helped her. She couldn't put pressure on her left ankle because of the pain. Out of frustration and the want to get home, Arnav swiftly picked her up. Khushi was taken back and she flopped around in his arm like a fish that had just been caught and was struggling for water.

Arnav: What are you doing?

Khushi: What are YOU doing? People are looking.

Arnav looked around him. Surprisingly, not a single soul was present at that moment. Very uncommon for Delhi.

Arnav: Khushi there is literally no human being around us...do you want to crawl to the car?

Khushi: No...

Arnav: Then stop squirming and stay still. Hold on to my neck.

Khushi slid her hand to where his neck and shoulder met and grasped tightly. Arnav just looked forward and kept walking. Khushi on the other hand could not take her eyes off him. And for the second time, her heart felt this warmth towards him. Her big brown eyes scanned his sharp features, his honey coloured eyes, the slight stubble, his angular jawline.

She knew this feeling in her heart almost seemed familiar. She has had this before. For Shyam. Immediately upon this realization, Khushi came back to her senses and scolded herself in her head - "No Khushi, not all that again.'

She decided to take her eyes off him and look straight ahead.

IIIEEE!!!!" - Khushi gasped like she had seen the unimaginable.

Arnav was startled.

Arnav: What!? What's wrong?!

Khushi: That'sss...that'ss...your car...?

She stuttered as she pointed towards the black mustang in front of her.

Arnav: Yes yes it is. What's the matter?

Khushi: You have a mustang...? You work at a library and you have a mustang..?

Arnav let out a small smile again.

Arnav: Ok let's get in the car and I will explain to you how I have a mustang.

Arnav went towards the passenger door and then stopped abruptly.

Khushi: What happened?

Arnav: My keys...they are in the left pocket of my pants. Do me a favour and reach out and get them for me?

Khushi's face instantly lit up in a sly grin. 

Khushi: You want ...want me to reach in your ..pant pockets?

Arnav looked at her grin and knew immediately the dirty thought she was having. He broke out in a little laugh.

Arnav: Wow Khushi. You really are impossible.

Khushi: Ok sorry!

And without hesitation, she put her hand in his pocket to grab the key.

Arnav would be lying if he didn't feel a little tingly with this beautiful girl's hand in his pant pockets. He was a man after all, a single man in his twenties.

Arnav immediately shook away the tingly feeling and instructed Khushi on how to unlock the car and open the door. He gently placed Khushi on the seat. Khushi immediately coming on contact with the seat, broke out into a big wide smile full of amazement.

Khushi: WOOOW, red leather seats...so smoooth.

Arnav smiled again and muttered unbelievable' as he closed the door.

As Arnav opened the driver's seat and was getting in, Khushi decided to scan the car. She had never been inside a mustang before. She felt like this was life changing. Khushi got excited over very little things so such reaction was expected. When she turned to look at the back seats, she noticed his blazer, his tie and a briefcase. She immediately gasped again.

Khushi: OMG

Arnav sighed.

Arnav: Now what Khushi?

Khushi: A black blazer, a briefcase and tie? Omg are you a hitman working for Don!? Is that why you have this fancy car and you work at a library to pick up victims? Omg you are going to kill me aren't you? Please don't! I'm only 21!

Arnav could not believe what this girl was saying...

Arnav: Shut up!!

Khushi: I'm sorry Mr. Don Hitman...I mean don's hitman! I wont speak but please let me go I don't want to die please please!!!

Arnav: Are you actually kidding me? What is the matter with you? You really think I am mafia gang member? Your first assumption when seeing a suit, tie and briefcase is that I am a killer?  Khushi! I am the client manager for JWT Delhi, the advertising agency. They pay me well, that's how I have this car. The library job is a part time gig that I got when I was 18 but I love it there so I never left. I come by 3-4 times a week to work the evening shifts.

Khushi just stared at him, her mouth slightly opened. She was a little embarrassed.

Regaining the courage to speak again, she said: Oh okay. That makes more sense! Now I get it. It all makes sense now. Ok let's go to my home!

Arnav just shook his head in amusement at the girl's change in reactions. He started the car and listened to Khushi as she gave him her address and the directions.

5 minutes had passed. It was a smooth and fast drive. Khushi, knowing how much she had bothered Arnav already today, decided not to say anything and just sat silently and looked out the window.

Arnav in his head was a little hurt that Khushi was not talking. He enjoyed her company accompanied by pointless conversations even though they had just met a few hours back.

He looked at Khushi every few seconds during the drive and felt a different kind of comfort. This was unusual because he was a restricted guy who only had a couple of good friends. He did not like meeting new people or talking to other people at all.

But at that moment, surprisingly, for the first time after his break up with Lavanya, he felt like he could talk about it with someone. He did not know why but he felt the great urge to tell this young, feisty, beautiful girl, full of life and heart broken in her own way, what was up with him.

My girlfriend of 9 years cheated on me.' - he blurted out breaking the silence.

Edited by Arshian593 - 10 years ago
Pinky.Raizada thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Nice Update. Glad that Arnav is confessing his past to Khushi. Loved their Interactions in the part. Khushi is Hilarious. 
Aish002 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
aww...poor Arnav..he is so lowin self esteem..how can he think of himself as toxic..
good that Khushi proved it to be false...

and that girl..she s so talkative...and that is definitely cheering him up...and he has now chosen to tell her everything..nicee..

surprised to knwo A is not really just a librarian..the car key moent was very funny one...Khushi has gutter mind..πŸ˜†

thanks for PM...loved the update...

n hey..congratzz on shout out form Barun...😊..
Edited by Aish002 - 10 years ago