New Delhi, June 19 (IANS) After producing several chat shows, biography shows and countdown programmes on Bollywood, lifestyle and entertainment channel Zoom is entering the fictional space with a new drama series - 'Crime & Bollywood'.
The 10-part weekly series will explore the glorification of crime in Bollywood through the eyes of a starlet with silver screen dreams, a rising star son, a gangster trying to monopolise the film industry through extortion and funding big banner movies and an anti-narcotics unit officer wanting to eradicate crime at any cost. It will go on air Thursday onwards.
According to Bala Iyengar, business head of Zoom Entertainment Network, the show is in sync with the ideology of the channel to provide varied content revolving around Bollywood.
'This show is completely in the profile of Zoom. It has 70 percent of Bollywood and the rest of the 30 percent has crime, which has been included in the story to create dramatic situations. The show has all the glitz and glamour that everyone associates with Zoom and Bollywood. It is a heady cocktail of crime and Bollywood,' Iyengar told IANS.
The decision to enter the fictional space was quite well thought out, says Omar Qureshi, editor-in-chief of Zoom.
'All of us sat down internally and we debated on whether we are doing everything related to Bollywood. We have of course been doing countdown shows, biographies and comments - so we thought what is missing? We realised it is the fiction part that is missing. So it was an internal decision to come up with this,' said Qureshi, also a noted film critic.
The series, which will feature TV actors like Siraj Mustafa and Karan Mehra, is being produced by Milestone Productions.