New Delhi, Jan 24 (IANS) If you're fond of serving interesting savoury bites to your guests, but don't wish to do it from scratch, frozen foods can come to your rescue. Try the easy-to-prepare Smiles Canape and Mumbai Chaat.
They elude long hours for cooking a meal or a snack and are quick to make.
McCain Foods Kitchen has suggested two recipes which offer creativity that can be worked around its frozen snacks, that can be served up in minutes:
* Smiles Canape
Ingredients: Smiles, Lettuce, Jalapenos (finely chopped), Cheese Slice triangle, Sour Cream, chopped Sliced Black Olives, chopped Pimento and chopped Gherkin.
- Take out your McCain's Smiles from the freezer. Deep fry for three minutes or until golden.
- Put the McCain Smiles on a platter, layer with a leaf of lettuce and finely chopped jalapenos.
- Top it with a triangle cut cheese slice.
- Pipe sour cream on the top and garnish it with sliced black olive, pimento a fan of gherkins, and serve.
* Mumbai Chaat
Ingredients: McCain's Chilly Garlic Potato Bites, chopped Onions, finely chopped tomato, finely chopped coriander, Chat Masala, Black Salt, Tamarind Chutney, Mint Chutney, Red Chilly Powder, Lemon Juice and Chopped Green Chilly.
- Deep fry McCain Chili Garlic Potato Bites for three minutes.
- In a bowl, mix all the other ingredients.
- Add McCain Chili Garlic Potato Bites and mix well.
- Garnish with green coriander and serve.