Yesterday turned out to be an unfortunate day for the cast and crew of Colors’ popular show Bahu Begum as their set at SJ Studios suddenly caught fire. While the cast was busy shooting for a scene, a major fire broke out in the opposite room. Reports suggest that the incident happened due to a short circuit, as a battery was kept for charging for too long.
Well, the good news is that the cast, crew and everybody present at the set is safe and sound, though the shoot got delayed due to the mishap.
Speaking with a leading entertainment portal, actress Amrapali Gupta-Sinha revealed that while they were shooting, suddenly they heard a noise of people going berserk. After inquiring, they came to know that a battery had blasted. At first they did not think that it was a big deal, but later witnessed that it was quite dangerous. However, everyone was safe.
SJ Studios also has a set for Yeh Hai Mohabbatein, but it was not affected with the fire.