Woollen clothes may seem a misfit for a workout session, but The Woolmark Company has launched sports apparel made of Merino wool -- and it promises comfort.
The apparel can absorb up to 35 percent of its dry weight in moisture vapour, and is reactive to temperature, making it ideal to wear at a gym.
The Woolmark Company has listed some interesting facts about Merino wool that can change the mindset of gym-goers about wearing wool while sweating it out:
* Doesn't stink: Merino wool can absorb moisture in vapour form up to 35 percent of its dry weight and during strenuous exercise a Merino garment close to the skin actively transfers moisture vapour molecules away from the body and makes the wearer less clammy.
* Lasts a long time: When buying wool clothes, you are making a sound investment. Wool fabrics are durable. Properly cared for, they will last a very long time, making wool fabrics a good investment.
* Insulates: Wool is an insulating material, which makes it great for winter. At the same time, like high-tech performance wear, wool is also breathable. It keeps you cool and allows air circulation.
* Wicks moisture: Like your favourite performance workout clothes, wool wicks away moisture keeping you dry while you exercise. You can go running in a total downpour, sloshing through puddles for miles.
* Easy to care for: You are not required to do anything special when laundering the wool workout clothes.