Poll

DID ANIMAL DESERVE THAT MUCH BACK LASH? why & why not?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 days ago

For many it was sheer misogyny. 

For others it should have taken as a different take of a single person how he likes to narrate the story in his way. 

And for some it was just a story of a mishandled child who became a toxic misogynist in the process, which the director SHOWED but never GLORIFIED for the audience hence for them the back lash does not make any sense to even begin with.

What is yours take? 

Disclaimer : For those ONLY to be discussed, who have actually seen this movie. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Oscar deserving film ka backlash kar rahe hai log, 2 rs ppl, Mods Ban them all.

I_M_SultaN thumbnail

Venga Sarook saar ky Sath movie karly sab theek hujaege fraud wokiye

Edited by I_M_SultaN - 11 days ago
Haila_tu thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

You have a superstar selling Cancer on national TV but these people have a problem with a fictional story. smiley36 Selective Outrage!!

And none of these pseudo feminists have even seen the movie. Like the "Lick my boots" scene has nothing to do with misogyny at all. It's Tripti's character who is outed as a mole and is scared that Ranbir is going to kill her and tries to convince him of her loyalty who tells her to lick his boots to prove that loyalty(which he doesn't make her do anyway). It could very well have been a male mole. 

Everyone I know in real life under the age of 40 whose seen the film has loved it. This Outrage is confined to Twitter. This andolan-jeevis have no issues with toxic characters in Hollywood films calling Scorcese & the likes geniuses but God forbid the protagonist in an Indian film has slightly grayish shades. 

Edited by Haila_tu - 11 days ago
Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Backlash ka main reason bolenga toh bhed chaal. 90% public jo gaali dereliy woh log ne pichchar hi nahin dekhi, na kabhi dekhenge.  Lekin har din ek dafa Animal ku aur Vanga ku gaali maarenge.smiley36

Btw, pichchar pure cinematic experience thi. OTT pe woh mazaa nahin jo theater mein aaya. Especially iske sound effects ka theater mein next level experience tha. Apan theatrical run ke fag end pe gayela tha, nahin toh pakka second time theater mein jaake dekhta.

Ab toh bas The Vanga ke next movies ka intezaar hai. Especially Animal Park smiley42

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Movie had issues in writing and editing. Thats what offended me 

NathuPaapi thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Voted for option 3.

I don't think the director glorified the character...

Minionite thumbnail

Sarcastic Chatterbox

I saw like a few parts of it so maybe I didn't get the full story but for me it wasn't the misogyny but rather the glorification of blood and violence and testosterone that was over the top. Don't get me wrong. I love action films typically that have a lot of maar dhar. And of course I love more sensible films as well. But the parts of Animal I saw was just unnecessary blood and gore and a manchild with no morals. Yes there was misogyny as well but as I said I only saw a few parts of the movie so maybe I missed the biggest misogynistic portions.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Haila_tu

You have a superstar selling Cancer on national TV but these people have a problem with a fictional story. smiley36 Selective Outrage!!

Everyone I know in real life under the age of 40 whose seen the film has loved it. This Outrage is confined to Twitter. This andolan-jeevis have no issues with toxic characters in Hollywood films calling Scorcese & the likes geniuses but God forbid the protagonist in an Indian film has slightly grayish shades

I object to the bold part. There are enough Hindi movies where the protagonist has not only "slightly grayish shades" but quite dark gray shades and these movies had been a success, too... and the "slightly" grey shades are willingly accepted in hundreds of Hindi movies... So, no "God forbid", please...that is highly unfair towards the Indian audience (in India and abroad).

To me, what counts in the first place, is the why of doing a certain film...and Vanga's motivation to make his movie in the way he did (whichever it is) was the no-go for me to watch the movie (not the movie as such).

Hadn't he bragged about making a movie even more violent and controversial than Arjun Reddy/Kabhir Singh (because he couldn't digest the criticism), I may have watched Animal, too. I found his behaviour repulsive like I found it after Animal's success.

And what I've watched of Ranbir, I got the feeling that he explored Ranbir's potential in a one-dimensional way.

Edited by Clochette - 11 days ago
sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Haiwan

Backlash ka main reason bolenga toh bhed chaal. 90% public jo gaali dereliy woh log ne pichchar hi nahin dekhi, na kabhi dekhenge.  Lekin har din ek dafa Animal ku aur Vanga ku gaali maarenge.smiley36

Btw, pichchar pure cinematic experience thi. OTT pe woh mazaa nahin jo theater mein aaya. Especially iske sound effects ka theater mein next level experience tha. Apan theatrical run ke fag end pe gayela tha, nahin toh pakka second time theater mein jaake dekhta.

Ab toh bas The Vanga ke next movies ka intezaar hai. Especially Animal Park smiley42

THIS

and for some reason this is the most annoying natural human trait/nature/tendency to follow the herd. 

(Maybe due to the innate human need of belongingness on an unconscious socio emotional level).