Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Meerkat thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: canapoem

I am so happy that all my friends to whom I recommended the story gave it a try and they all liked it. 

Thanks girls πŸ€—

I am happy too. πŸ˜†

Thank you girls too, dil seπŸ€—

cheers2all thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Ginnosuke_Nohar

There should be a superrr se bhi uparrr button. I have read this only six times now. The count is on...πŸ˜†

Thank you so much. 

Aap hamare thread par, phul khile hai gulshan gulshan...πŸ˜ƒ

Garden Garden toh hamara dil hua hain after reading this story πŸ˜πŸ’

Will be back after reading the latest update πŸ˜Š

cheers2all thumbnail

I am sure Nishit had a reason for ignoring Kirti. Maybe he was preoccupied and genuinely didn't see her. I will cut him some slack this one time. So Kirti & Nishit were in the same college too? I assumed their roads never crossed after school. Interesting! Tejas is a lawyer, so he wouldn't be with them in Engineering, correct? I don't think whatever Kirti felt was a figment of her imagination. A girl's intuition about such things are rarely wrong. But what could be Nishit's reason for playing hot and cold? Then, and now.

Shruti is such a sweetheart. She reprimanded Kirti when she felt Kirti was being taken for a ride by another "Tejas", but consoled her today when she was being hard on herself. Shruti has her own moments of vulnerabilities and secrets. Her crush on Mayank and reasons for not acting on it, both came as a surprise. I think they would make a lovely pair. Radha would love her as a Chachi too. Sibin can have a sibling 😁 It must have been so difficult for Shruti to see her crush, crush on someone else, let alone her best friend. 

Now that Tejas is out of the picture, will Mayank try to approach Kirti? 

P.S. Kirti trying to play Dad had me πŸ€£

Ssanjinika thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: cheers2all

New reader alert. canapoem recommended this story; more like insisted I have to read this story. And I am so glad she did!! It's an extremely well written story with an amazing plot. Kirti's struggles and unrequited love feels very real. I also love the way you subtly (and sometimes not so subtly) bring out the differences between the different strata of society. Each is biased against the other. At times their opinions are valid, but more often than not they are blinded by their own prejudices. 

Kirti has seen the upper class quite closely right from the time she was barely a teenager. She first tried to stay away, then fit in and finally learnt to ignore the upper class. She is still struggling with it, more so now when she is the sole bread winner of the family and is "in love" with a person from that class while supposedly flirting with another. I don't know what to think of Tejas. He seemed to be a nice guy in school. He was probably the first and only person who treated Kirti as a fellow classmate; as an equal. But as they grew older, I feel he must have realized how he has Kirti wrapped around his little finger. May have even got an ego boost knowing that he has her at his beck and call. When everyone can see Kirti's heart eyes around him, it's difficult to believe Tejas didn't notice it himself. It's absolutely fine to not reciprocate someone's love, but it feels like he used Kirti (and is still using her) knowing how she feels about him. These are not the signs of a good person and definitely not of a "best" friend. I wonder what is Nishit's angle. He appeared indifferent towards Kirti in school. But was he really? Perhaps he was in the beginning, but I think the one year where they shared the bench changed something for him. The way he orchestrated the situation for Kirti to make it to the singing competition after vehemently refusing to entertain her, makes me believe that could be the turning point of how he felt for her.

Completely agree with your analysis of Kirti but I am not quite there with your thoughts on Tejas. You are right when you said Tejas was the first person who treated Kirti as a fellow classmate...even his friend. Even before she became his classmate, he was nice to her(remember the assembly?). Maybe he is one of those people who is nice to people in an off-hand manner and doesn't really think how his actions would be perceived especially by people of the opposite sex. That may be the reason he has never shown to have acknowledged her feelings or even noticed them. He sees but pretty much doesn't see. 

I see him more as a person who sees someone but willfully ignores their reasons and circumstances because they don't matter to him. Her economic situation has never bothered him because he has never had to worry about money. If she were to point out that she needed to work because she depended on the money, he would probably give her a bunch of notes and say here's the money, ab tu (kahin) aa sakthi hai na? or something along those lines. At least, this is how I see him. Selfish, definitely but has no clue how selfish he really is....even cruel sometimes, but very childishly cruel. I really wanted to shout 'GROW UP' when he asked Parampara 'meri wali Kirti?'. 

We still don't know what happened in 10th that made Kirti fall for Tejas. Or what was the reason Tejas & Kirti say (or assume) that Nishit has betrayed them. Is Nishit's betrayal in the same vein as Kriti being a perpetual liar? I sense a underlying rift between Tejas & Nishit, a competition of sorts maybe. Nishit has a reputation of GF snatcher. But what is the truth behind it? Sana, who was supposed to marry him is now marrying Tejas. Based on an earlier conversation, she seems to have two timed too. Nishit is dating Mithila, but it's clear that he likes Kirti. Or at the very least he cares about her and is intrigued by her. He never tried to befriend her before, so why now? Did he always harbor one-sided feelings for Kirti but stayed away because of Tejas? Looks like Prasanna has an inkling of her brother's feelings, or maybe it's just a hopeful assumption. The girl is definitely fond of Kirti. I wish the two girls form a bond. They both are kindred spirits in some ways.

I also love Dadi, Shruti & Mayank in this story. In the initial chapters, I had hoped Mayank & Kirti would end up together. He seems to be a nice guy. I wonder how his project with Navyam will be affected after the recent altercation at Prasanna's house (BTW I wonder how long was Nishit listening to their conversation before he decided to whack the perv). 

Shruti is a true friend. She may have been a bit blunt with her words, but what she told Kirti were real facts. She has seen how devastated Kirti was after Tejas' engagement announcement; and here Nishit already has a gf for crying out loud. Also, knowing the history between the two, it's not wrong to assume that Kirti may only be a passing fling for Nishit. But looks like she is definitely more than a fling, if the boy took trouble to self-invite himself for a coffee, making up a silly excuse about crow story even after being ignored for no apparent reason. 

The story is amazing and the narration is simply auhsum!! πŸ˜Š

I will be utterly grateful to canapoem for recommending this lovely story!!πŸ€—

Damn, G!! You certainly showed the rest of us didn't ya!!

That we are back to arguing(analyzing) about certain characters makes me go πŸ˜†smiley36

Edited by Ssanjinika - 3 years ago
canapoem thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

I thought that Kirti was not in touch with Nishit after their 10th grade. 

It was a surprise that they were together in College. 

Nishit is surely a mystery for now. 

He comes over to her house as she had not texted him back and now he neither messaged her nor acknowledged her when he saw her in person. Why does he blow hot and cold?

So Shruti has a crush on Mayank, who in turn has a crush on Kirti. 

And Kirti did not know about both of it. 

I guess when someone starts liking his or her good friend, they don't want to confess their feelings in the fear of losing their friendship.

Both Shruti and Mayank kept their feelings within themselves for the same reason.

So writerji, I had one question. Till now we have got all the chapters only from Kirti's POV. I was wondering if we will get a chapter from Nishit's POV? Would love to read anything from his POV. 

Thank you for another wonderful chapter.

Kirti behaving like she is having a crush on Shruti and pretending to be with her was fun to read. 

Ssanjinika thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4

I kind of thought Mayak should have had a thing for Kirti. Though I think Shruti and Mayank would definitely rock together. Am rooting for them!!

Can I say Shruti and Kirti make a super-duper pair? They are so good together!! Sigh, why in so many books/shows, I find the best chemistry between the straight best friends?!

So Nishit and Kirti were in the same college together? I thought she did a technical diploma course. Am a little confused here. Are technical diplomas and full-fledged degree courses offered in the same school? Unless of course, Nishit also did a diploma course. 

cheers2all thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ssanjinika

Damn, G!! You certainly showed the rest of us didn't ya!!

That we are back to arguing(analyzing) about certain characters makes me go πŸ˜†smiley36

There are no two ways about the fact that I hate Tejas 😁 I just feel he didn't start out as a heartless fellow or a snob like rest of Kirti's classmates. I agree with you about his way of being nice in an off-hand manner. He didn't expect anything from Kirti when he offered his friendship. But as years passed, he started taking her loyalty for granted, and over a period of time he must have started to believe he owned her. That's where the seed of "meri waali Kirti" must have been planted. He used her devotion to gloat in front of Prasanna and also to show he has control over Kirti. He is not a jerk like Navyam, but he is by no means a saint either. He is just cashing on being once-upon-a-time-nice-guy-to-Kirti. I have a feeling he will soon realize what an ass he has been to her all this while, but may be it will be too late then.

I am also curious about this ever elusive Nishit guy. We'll analyze him next πŸ˜†

cheers2all thumbnail

Originally posted by: canapoem

I thought that Kirti was not in touch with Nishit after their 10th grade. 

It was a surprise that they were together in College. 

Nishit is surely a mystery for now. 

He comes over to her house as she had not texted him back and now he neither messaged her nor acknowledged her when he saw her in person. Why does he blow hot and cold?

So Shruti has a crush on Mayank, who in turn has a crush on Kirti. 

And Kirti did not know about both of it. 

I guess when someone starts liking his or her good friend, they don't want to confess their feelings in the fear of losing their friendship.

Both Shruti and Mayank kept their feelings within themselves for the same reason.

So writerji, I had one question. Till now we have got all the chapters only from Kirti's POV. I was wondering if we will get a chapter from Nishit's POV? Would love to read anything from his POV. 

Thank you for another wonderful chapter.

Kirti behaving like she is having a crush on Shruti and pretending to be with her was fun to read. 

Would love to read from Nishit's POV....right from his school days πŸ˜Š

Arshi67 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ginnosuke_Nohar

I loved your comment. Honestly, I wasn't aware of the writing style I used. I just wrote how I saw the story and her feelings like it was just a flow for me but to put it so beautifully here, thank you. Really humbled to have readers like you.

It is your thoughts and words that have inspired ours, so thank you GN πŸ€— 

What a lovely and poignant conversation between the two friends. It flowed so naturally between the whimsical and the thoughtful.  And in my own flight of whimsy, I'm visualising Faith Ringgold's Tar Beach right now ☺️ 

I'm now curious to know more about Nishit and Kirti's equation after school. 

Shruti and Mayank sound like they would be good together. But, maybe after a while? Shruti wants permanence after all that she's been through. And Mayank looks like he's still happy to float with the clouds for a bit. Your "God promise" made me so nostalgic about Bombay. 

bakwas_serial thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

The no hold barred conversation between the two friends was funny, frank and heart warming. Secrets, crushes they have haboured all revealed makes one heart lighter 😊

Mayank crush on Kirti was not surprising..snippets of it before...or is it that he was just protective of his friend from the like of Tejas.

First Kirti did a vanishing trick with Nishit...now it is him. Indifference and pretense game of yesteryears is back on...or is it something else ?