A final farewell to bajaj

durga33 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Given that the show is ending and I won't be returning to India forums because of the crazy schedule I have going on; I just wanted to make my final comments here. This topic I wish to keep positive and for those who enjoyed the bajaj character as I did. 

In the beginning I never heard of this show or knew how popular the original was. As I don't watch Indian shows period! Lol I was introduced to this show through ksg who I was a fan.

I learned how popular and iconic the character bajaj was through fellow members here. For me bajaj was the star of the show. A three dimensional character who kept fans on the edge. You didn't know if you were going to see the good or the grey side of him. He kept everyone guessing if he was behind certain things going on in the show. Characters like this is what I enjoy and love. That I find interesting. No one is perfect in this world which is what made bajaj more relatable and complex even though he was fictional. Humans are flawed, complex, weak, strong etc. 

Interestingly the scenes that I enjoyed with him wasn't love scenes with prerna. I enjoyed his entry as a shrewd, sly, calculative businessman. Yes he lies, cheats, manipulate, blackmail to get what he wants. And I absolutely enjoyed it. To see a character that is 3 steps ahead and focus on his goals and what he wants. That's what I loved. His meeting with prerna. The indifference, the smugness, the amusement that i saw in the scene. Clearly he was intrigued by her yet amused. In fact I loved how indifferent and unconcern he was with her in the beginning. He just wanted to get through his mission. 

The marriage scene. The marriage that was done so well. I loved how bajaj showing a little careness was completely unbothered by prerna crying. Lol! He got the job done. As always. 

I also enjoyed scenes when he always turned back the table on anurag. Such as the house deal. The suicide attempt on anurag side. 

Then the infamous episode when he truly revealed how he felt about anurag. The infamous then die basu line. He said everything what we prerish fans felt watching that insufferable track. He didn't hold back. I really felt ksg outshined as bajaj in the first track despite the cringeworthy tracks. 

When the production shut down and reopened and I found out ksg wasn't returning part of me felt sad but I'm so happy he backed out given how the actor who replaced him didn't get the chance to shine as the character. 

The best part is that we bajaj fans come out as winners when you think about it. Because in this season this version of prerna absolutely does not deserve him. The fact that articles and the GA acknowledges that this show couldn't live up to the hype it spewed out; as well as the ratings reflecting that as well; the one that really stands out in this season is Bajaj. And he and prerish isn't to blame for this season tanking because they were not the focus. So I'm happy overall. 

That's it. 😄

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Christina! You spoke everyone's mind. 

durga33 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Wistfulness

Christina! You spoke everyone's mind. 

thank you. It's my final goodbye to a great character. Ekta doesn't know how to handle a great character as bajaj. It's not everyday you see a grey character on Indian tv shows. As most of them are one or two dimensional character. I enjoyed the grey side of bajaj more. I would have loved to see more of his scheming and getting the upper hand on anurag some more lol. I never really enjoyed the prerish scenes.

Wistfulness thumbnail

When EK announced Bajaj’s entry, I told myself I've to view this flop and embarrassing crap for him. ðŸ¤ª

The entry was mindblowing. So were some of the succeeding scenes. They screwed up way too soon. Still, there were certain things that kept us hooked no matter what. 

EK roped in KSG and KP just to ruin their CVs with Kzk2. ðŸ¤“🤣

I got over PreRish a month ago. Some reasons are known...rest can't be mentioned openly. ðŸ˜†

Wistfulness thumbnail

Originally posted by: durga33

thank you. It's my final goodbye to a great character. Ekta doesn't know how to handle a great character as bajaj. It's not everyday you see a grey character on Indian tv shows. As most of them are one or two dimensional character. I enjoyed the grey side of bajaj more. I would have loved to see more of his scheming and getting the upper hand on anurag some more lol. I never really enjoyed the prerish scenes.

TBH, Ekta never really bothered about this show. That's why the offscreen mess grew and affected the output so much that the show is shutting before its scheduled end. 

Most PreRish scenes were ruined by you know who. One actor's attempts can't save it every damn time. 

durga33 thumbnail

When EK announced Bajaj’s entry, I told myself I've to view this flop and embarrassing crap for him. ðŸ¤ª

The entry was mindblowing. So were some of the succeeding scenes. They screwed up way too soon. Still, there were certain things that kept us hooked no matter what. 

EK roped in KSG and KP just to ruin their CVs with Kzk2. ðŸ¤“🤣

I got over PreRish a month ago. Some reasons are known...rest can't be mentioned openly. ðŸ˜†

oh I was over prerish since way back lol . That's why them not ending up together doesn't bother me at all. Since this season was a flop and bajaj is not to blame for this due to the fact he was sidelined and shown only 30 secs in every episode. Lol! For me I enjoyed up until the house deal track. From there it went downhill for me. Even the Switzerland track I tried to enjoy but couldn't. Bajaj this season was way more enjoyable for me as someone calculating, planning and being steps ahead of everyone. 

durga33 thumbnail

TBH, Ekta never really bothered about this show. That's why the offscreen mess grew and affected the output so much that the show is shutting before its scheduled end. 

Most PreRish scenes were ruined by you know who. One actor's attempts can't save it every damn time. 

never enjoyed the prerish scenes at all because it was always a three person scene. For me the highlights are seeing the grey side of bajaj. I had hoped to see more of his backstory and the moloy and bajaj story but they blew through that. That storyline just disappeared. 

Wistfulness thumbnail

oh I was over prerish since way back lol . That's why them not ending up together doesn't bother me at all. Since this season was a flop and bajaj is not to blame for this due to the fact he was sidelined and shown only 30 secs in every episode. Lol! For me I enjoyed up until the house deal track. From there it went downhill for me. Even the Switzerland track I tried to enjoy but couldn't. Bajaj this season was way more enjoyable for me as someone calculating, planning and being steps ahead of everyone. 

Yeah it doesn't bother me anymore. Fouge madam went 1000 steps down. That also made a difference. Biggest thanks to KP for exposing them all. ðŸ˜†

House deal track was the true beginning of the end. Didn't make sense at all. Swiss track was ruined by stalking and other cringeworthy things. RB saved it towards the end. 

Wistfulness thumbnail

never enjoyed the prerish scenes at all because it was always a three person scene. For me the highlights are seeing the grey side of bajaj. I had hoped to see more of his backstory and the moloy and bajaj story but they blew through that. That storyline just disappeared. 

I know right. There was always a forced and an unwanted presence. Now we know why. 😅

The backstory got scrapped like it never existed.

Transference thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

First of all bookmarking Durga for this wonderful write up. 

CV’s had THIS and they chose to show THAT! What a recipe for disaster