What did EK say about KZK2? DT note Pg 7

Enlightened21 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Right from the start of Prerna’s pregnancy, I have always been vocal about the way Prerna, the mother, is ill-treated by KZK makers. That's because for a woman, she might get a new lover or husband. But her kids and the bond she shares with them is irreplaceable. And that's the reason why I could understand Mohini to some extent until she turned to be a selfish person to whom only status matters. And that's the reason why, after reading today's episode update, I got furious with the way Prerna again has been ill-treated as a mother, by the makers and wanted to vent it out, even in the midst of my morning hustles. Little did I know that by the time I am back, the thread would get locked. Since I was not given an opportunity to explain or clarify myself in my thread and as per the Mods' instruction, I decided to make this new thread to clarify my stance. 

I am not sure where EK said about rectifying mistakes - in print media or a visual media. I tried to find it out. But, couldn't trace it. What I could get only is her introduction tweet on KZK2 and the answer she gave to a question in one of her promotional IVs (provided below) , which strike a close similarity to hinting the same....though it doesn't say anything explicitly of rectifying mistakes. Hence, I wanted to edit my post; but unfortunately it got locked. 

https://twitter.com/ektarkapoor/status/964357562433863680

Has the storyline changed from the original?
A lot. But the characters and the overall arcs remain the same. The separation, Komolika and Bajaj’s roles will be there. But I can’t give the same old show. Why did I make it again, otherwise?
- Telegraph India
https://www.telegraphindia.com/entertainment/ekta-kapoor-on-rebooting-kasautii-zindagii-kay-and-being-a-mush-pot-nbsp/cid/1668294

Clubbing all this with the exact meaning of reboot - A reboot is what Hollywood studios keep doing with Peter Parker / Spiderman. They explain the beginning of the story again, as if the previous movies haven't existed. Even they take different approaches to the origin of the story. - it is now confirmed that EK was not planning the 'remake' of her originals. Instead she had a different plotline in mind, though I agree that its execution was the worst of it's kind. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Enlightened21 thumbnail

https://twitter.com/ektarkapoor/status/1017679060586123265

One more tweet where EK says characters will be totally different than earlier one, though it was referring to Komo. And Komo indeed was different this season. I would say the most experimented character of this season. 

surbhi1995 thumbnail

Grace I myself heard ekta saying she want to rectify her mistakes of her last show.And that's why she planned a reboot if her show.

Any  person can easily decipher that what does she meant by that.

She wanted to show anupre story .A story of star crossed lovers.But unfortunately she and her team does not know the meaning of star crossed lovers.Ofcourse her love for iconics presence in the show.

She wanted a anupre star crossed story along with her so called iconics(though thay r utter stupid).So in all this,she frgt to look at writing,consistency, character growth in the show.

If only ekta would have continued separation of anupre with validification of dhaga marriage(most liked tracked) then show would have been something else.

But als let bygone be bygone.show is ending and that too with good note.

Parica will be able to love for better and new projects and thankfully not for one show for 7 to 8 years.that would have limit their talent.

So let's enjoy last few episode of kzk for parica and tahseen.rnjoy our anuprepie hea.

prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Sorry grace, but again, which comment of hers even remotely implicated that she wanted to rectify her mistakes through this one ? 

For all last 10 yrs, all Ekta has repeatedly mentioned is how AnuPre story was closest to hers, how her idea of love matches with AP's, how AP is her favourite couple. And she came back with S2 with same idea of AP love. In S1, she showed a full blown track of AP marriage where they break apart and grow irreconcilable differences. This season she didn't even let that happen. 

I fail to understand which mistake do you think she spoke about. 

hope4u thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Grace you're not mistaken. I'm 100% sure I've read these words somewhere too. It's a different matter that it's tough to trace it now, even if one is inclined to do so. But that doesn't mean it hasn't happened, especially when so many people remember the same thing. 

But what she meant by those words can only be speculated so it's moot anyway. 🤷🏾‍♀️

surbhi1995 thumbnail

Originally posted by: prerna4rishav

Sorry grace, but again, which comment of hers even remotely implicated that she wanted to rectify her mistakes through this one ? 

For all last 10 yrs, all Ekta has repeatedly mentioned is how AnuPre story was closest to hers, how her idea of love matches with AP's, how AP is her favourite couple. And she came back with S2 with same idea of AP love. In S1, she showed a full blown track of AP marriage where they break apart and grow irreconcilable differences. This season she didn't even let that happen. 

Hughlight-she wanted to do justice with anupre story which she couldn't do .

mukherjeesulata thumbnail

Originally posted by: grace4317

Right from the start of Prerna’s pregnancy, I have always been vocal about the way Prerna, the mother, is ill-treated by KZK makers. That's because for a woman, she might get a new lover or husband. But her kids and the bond she shares with them is irreplaceable. And that's the reason why I could understand Mohini to some extent until she turned to be a selfish person to whom only status matters. And that's the reason why, after reading today's episode update, I got furious with the way Prerna again has been ill-treated as a mother, by the makers and wanted to vent it out, even in the midst of my morning hustles. Little did I know that by the time I am back, the thread would get locked. Since I was not given an opportunity to explain or clarify myself in my thread and as per the Mods' instruction, I decided to make this new thread to clarify my stance. 

I am not sure where EK said about rectifying mistakes - in print media or a visual media. I tried to find it out. But, couldn't trace it. What I could get only is her introduction tweet on KZK2 and the answer she gave to a question in one of her promotional IVs (provided below) , which strike a close similarity to hinting the same....though it doesn't say anything explicitly of rectifying mistakes. Hence, I wanted to edit my post; but unfortunately it got locked. 

Clubbing all this with the exact meaning of reboot - A reboot is what Hollywood studios keep doing with Peter Parker / Spiderman. They explain the beginning of the story again, as if the previous movies haven't existed. Even they take different approaches to the origin of the story. - it is now confirmed that EK was not planning the 'remake' of her originals. Instead she had a different plotline in mind, though I agree that its execution was the worst of it's kind. 

Maybe she wanted to rectify her mistake of not uniting Anurag-Prerna, who always loved each other immensely and unconditionally...  Also maybe she wanted to show a beautiful father-daughter bonding of Anurag-Sneha which was missing in season1 though some bonding was shown during Sneha's marriage...

-RD- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: prerna4rishav

She rectified her mistakes and the show has shut before time without much laurels hail ekta kapoor for that  while she must be wondering isse acha to mistakes wala product tha.

Edited by -RD- - 3 years ago
Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: -RD-

She rectified her mistakes and the show has shut before time without much laurels. hail ekta kapoor for that  while she must be wondering isse acha to mistakes wala product tha.

Obviously! This one bombed the moment it debuted. What an embarrassment! 

Edited by Wistfulness - 3 years ago
Enlightened21 thumbnail

Originally posted by: surbhi1995

Grace I myself heard ekta saying she want to rectify her mistakes of her last show.And that's why she planned a reboot if her show.

Any  person can easily decipher that what does she meant by that.

She wanted to show anupre story .A story of star crossed lovers.But unfortunately she and her team does not know the meaning of star crossed lovers.Ofcourse her love for iconics presence in the show.

She wanted a anupre star crossed story along with her so called iconics(though thay r utter stupid).So in all this,she frgt to look at writing,consistency, character growth in the show.

If only ekta would have continued separation of anupre with validification of dhaga marriage(most liked tracked) then show would have been something else.

But als let bygone be bygone.show is ending and that too with good note.

Parica will be able to love for better and new projects and thankfully not for one show for 7 to 8 years.that would have limit their talent.

So let's enjoy last few episode of kzk for parica and tahseen.rnjoy our anuprepie hea.

As I was searching for the article today, I came across one of her IVs, where she said no actor or the hype he/she brings can run a story for a long time; it's the writers who make or break the show. As I was reading those lines I went 🤣 thinking sub kuch jaante hue she did all this absurdity. Nahin jaanta tha tho show ka haal kya hua hoga? 

Anyway, I have decided to watch all the remaining episodes in one go. That will be better for me to watch it without raising my BP. 😊