Open Letter to Mr Bajaj/PreRish FD. DT NT pg 22

Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 3 years ago

Dear FD family, 

Most of us connected due to our common love for a character we watched in the OG show. 

Now I look back at our impossible hope, the contagious positivity, and laugh.

You and me sailed through this horrendous, troglodytic, and disastrous show with unbelievable tolerance, positivity, and hope. Now, the time is looming to bid adieu and I’m relieved as well as upset. Relieved due to freedom from the regressive trash...upset because a lot of us will part. 

I'll miss this FD filled with the best of people. The best of creative talents and mad geniuses. You all influenced me positively...and I'm thankful. ❤️

We dominated all creative categories be it edits, VMs, or stories. This is a memorable aspect of the journey. Talking about ATs, signing off at 227 despite crumbs and other shit is no ordinary feat. 

A lot of us are armies trapped in a single user ID. 😁

I clearly remember when AT used to get trapped in gloom and negativity, our most positive members would cheer everyone up with just one post. That contagious positivity is something I cherish and I'll dearly miss. <3

Outside the ATs too we had hell a lot of neutrals interested in the character and the couple. I remember most of them. Hope you guys are doing good.

I look back at the freshness, the impossible hope, positivity, and sheer disappointment of phase 1, the ephemeral euphoria and irritation caused by 30 seconds in phase 2, and the resurrection of hopes, revelations, and the final detachment in post lockdown phase. 

It's been one hell of a ride. I don't think any FD had a journey like this.

Cheers to us! 

Thank you, FD...for being a highly memorable part of my IF journey. ❤️

Thank you for your appreciation, encouragement, and care. It meant a lot to me...it still does.

Fare Well...until we meet again! ❤️

Long rant alert! 

Ekta publicized Bajaj’s coming with a short clip from PRB’s first dance in s1. The post read “time to bid adieu to RR and welcome a new one…”. Though reluctant to part with RR’s Bajaj, I was actually excited for a new one despite the agony of watching a flop and insufferable reboot. RR’s RB is GOAT…and absolutely nothing challenges the position and the influence he holds. So, why not watch the new guy too?

The casting was a month-long mad circus and it was damn infuriating.

My apprehensions were slowly put to rest. The interviews followed and KSG's entry was mindblowing to say the least. Another commendable thing was his regard for RR and the legacy.

With episode 191 we daringly entered this miserable world of cringe, suffocating gloom, pathetic writing, and everything bad. 

The entry was DELAYED! This was the first damaging thing. The outrageously low SS was another key issue. I couldn’t fathom what’s the point in introducing the character with someone like KSG when you’re unwilling to utilize him. It’s no secret that he chose the character, not this embarrassment in the name of a show.

Since episode 191, I’ve not watched a single full episode. That’s how unbearably pathetic this show is. Skip and FF were two close buddies.

Coming to the characterization, the enigmatic aura was damn appealing in the beginning and should have been maintained. But, it fizzled way too soon. Even before the character could breathe and settle a bit, CVs made him propose the Prerna ji and dragged them to the wedding mandap. This was another big damage. Even the wedding was marred with cringe.

The glaring inconsistencies in characterization can’t be ignored. One day he’s larger than life, totally unknown to all. The next day, he’s involved in lowly kitchen politics. One day he’s smitten by his wife, next day he’s involved in an accident.

The past angle with Basus. Scrapped like it never existed. Huh! Handle nahin hota toh shuru hi kyun karna? A lot of writers here did a great job with it.

Now, the past isn’t the only track they scrapped, though it was the biggest one.

There was an insidious and an unwanted presence in almost all PreRish scenes. The level of cringe was unbelievable! 

One more important point is the lack of promos. After the initial hysteria, promotions suddenly stopped and resumed only when the inglorious exit neared. Why?

Coming to Kuki, I like 3 of her scenes with RB. Zyada mila hi kahan. Despite the child actor being good, they reduced her to special appearances with most of her scenes being with random strangers to serve cringe. Even her name was changed from Sneha to Kuki. They didn’t even spare this child character and made her do some of the most cringeworthy shit...making her totally unbearable. Jab speech wapas aayi toh isne 2 minutes noodles Mumma ko Maa bola pehle and RB ki insult ki. Wah! 

LACK OF MONOLOGUES IN PHASE 1.

Monologues matter a lot in understanding a character’s psyche. Phase 1 was seriously lacking here.

Some sequences gave us hope with Ik Mulaqat leading the way. Now, given what followed, I don’t understand why it was even inserted. What followed was, again, an overnight abortion of a natural evolution. Now you know why.

Now the worst part of phase 1. Chaku mask stunt and the inglorious parting. The former is something I haven’t watched yet. Needless to say, I’ve no plans to watch.

We brave people sailed through phase 1 riding solely on the impossible hope and the PRB nostalgia we harboured.

PHASE 2.

The reentry,again, was mindblowing. But it stops there with the orphanage scene. Cringeworthy crap resumed soon after. Let’s recall 30 seconds of phone calls and our favourite drawer scene. That inanimate drawer had a better fate.

The orphanage fire was a bad idea. Most of us were looking forward to Sneha-RB and the blood donation part helped. It didn’t take off. BUT…we still have the revenge here…though I can’t state it explicitly. *LAUGHS WICKEDLY*

POST LOCKDOWN.

KP as BAJAJ.

I was a lot familiar to KP because I had watched episodes of his previous show and loved his acting there. I knew he’d nail the character and that he did. We got those RR vibes from KP’s Bajaj.

SP aired promos which was a good thing and I could clearly see the intent in both the promos and in KP’s IVs. That again resurrected dead hopes.

KP’s stint was marred by too many difficulties. The show was at its worst when he entered.Horrible BDs and WFH only worsened it like anything. Everyone shot together but KP was deliberately given BDs and solo shots. *SLOW CLAPS*

Knowing KP and his level of involvement and zero tolerance even for 10% of shit like this,it’s really a miracle that he stayed. His entry gave this show the last chance of revival which got squandered like anything. As a result, it's ending 6 months before its scheduled end. Needless to say, this team never deserved him.

The entry was so good and KP got into the skin of the character in no time. Even the PreRish scenes with KP were really good. Heck! Even Prerna was getting sufferable in their scenes which is no ordinary feat. SBS promotions were also in place.

The characterization was in place with occasional traces of future tracks.

1 week was really peaceful with good episodes having organic progress and should have continued that way. BUT…we know what happened and everything went back to square one. To develop a track and expect it to give results, one needs to dedicate time and remain consistent, not abandon it overnight.

This last phase annoys me like nothing else. An industry veteran with a fascinating record and a huge hit show shoots amid the covid crisis despite an infant and old parents at home. And, you can’t let go of certain factors. Then, why was he cast in this blot of a show? I’m sure they could have done with the other options. Someone of KP’s calibre wasn’t needed when they had to budge again…against what was clearly decided.

The actors did this embarrassment of a show a huge favour by adding this blot on their CVs. 

We Bajaj fans are totally eligible to deliver lectures on tolerance, patience, and hope. 😳

RANT OVER. :)

Edited by Wistfulness - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Wistfulness thumbnail

Thanks to Koeli di for granting me the permission. 

Rules by kzk2 DTs are to be followed all times...

1) Follow IF COC at all times

2) No comparison post will be allowed in this thread.

3) Bashing/Mocking/Taking Indirect digs will amount to thread closure.

4) Stick to the topic of discussion and do not deviate.

5) Since the show is coming to an end kindly maintain a healthy atmosphere in the forum.

6) Use report button if you find any breach instead of getting yourself into a fight. 

7) No personal life discussion and no dragging of old thread Negative issues in this thread.

Edited by Wistfulness - 3 years ago
IAdoreYou thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 8

I wholeheartedly agree. This fandom has been one of the best, I have seen on IF.

#SensiblePeople

#KindPeople

#CreativePeople

#AmazingPeople.

Love you all! 

❤️

Wistfulness thumbnail

Originally posted by: IAdoreYou

I wholeheartedly agree. This fandom has been one of the best, I have seen on IF.

#SensiblePeople

#KindPeople

#CreativePeople

#AmazingPeople.

Love you all! 

❤️

The best people! ❤️

Wistfulness thumbnail

Originally posted by: Koeli

Kindly add the rules.

Added in the second post.

Amyra94 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

u guys are best thing in forum

Wistfulness thumbnail

^ Yeah we know. 🤣🤣

Thank you.

ilazyair thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

What a journey this has been 🤣

We had hope when there was no tether😭 

I will regret watching this show, the "what if" will forever haunt me 😔 but the creative geniuses we have in our fd☺️ from beautiful gifs  to amazing dissection of scenes🤣 where we looked for something that wasn't there in the first place🤣 and the ffs and you people

❤️❤️❤️❤️

PenguinBaby thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Haye meri jaan🤗 amazing post but I'm refraining myself to add anything to it, otherwise I'll lose myself 😆

Just wanna say, I met the most amazing and optimistic people here! The sweetest hearts and the wittiest minds🤗

I'm gonna miss you all (have been missing you all since I kind of left the forum but didn't have the energy to come back, y'all know why) but I'm 99% sureee that we'll meet in some other forum very soon! 

Ps. If you wanna find me, I'll be lurking there in IMMJ2 forum😃 writing stories and making up theories LOL

Chalo last mein I will add, KSG was the reason why I came here, left and came again and finally, left for good. Tbh, I did not have any kind of attachment to KP as RB so I'm glad that this ending has little to no effect on my fragile heart. I don't think I would have been so quiet if this was happening with KSG's RB ☹️ no offence to anyone ❤️

I love you all, and let's hope our new ships don't drown like this!

-Sanya/Sanu

asmani thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

I came to check here if the show ending news is true and stumbled upon your post 😃

it is indeed ending and that makes me super happy 

KSG Bajaj was the reason I started watching this and after his leaving i stopped and saved myself from the torture 🤪

But what I am hearing that KB Bajaj also faced a similar fate like KSG Bajaj and I am even more happy that KSG did not return post lockdown and feeling bad for KP

I do not follow the show or its related news closely but I felt that the creatives never liked the Bajaj character in season 2 for some reason and intentionally degraded the character in process did injustice to the senior actors!! I am more happy for Bajaj character and the actor that this shit show is ending. they will be saved from these daily degrading😊

Bajaj FD is the only sane part of this forum and is sensible and mature just like our Mr. Bajaj is 😎

We all have our own Bajaj in our mind and we will be happy the version. No amount of butchering or degrading of character in season 2 will not impact that😃

Thats all I want to say!! Stay safe take care!!

PS: Mods - please feel free to edit my post if anything is not as per forum rules. The mistake would be unintentional as I am not that much aware off the forum rule.