Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: WaqtZaya

milne se raha.

Wake me up when Sanu updates. πŸ˜†

Wake up darling πŸ˜‚

PenguinBaby thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Omg, finally I'm here with a long a*s update to try and make up my 2 month long absence πŸ˜πŸ˜‚

Itna lamba break aaj tak nahi lia, kasam se, inspiration ki importance ab samajh aayi!

First of all, I'm really sorry for being unavailable like this and MIA, making you all upset!

Secondly, I really hope you all enjoy this update! I took two days to complete it, typing it in the office, hiding it from my colleagues πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ 

Chapter 3

"By a man called Anurag Basu."

The Inspector's words echoed inside her head as she felt every drop of her blood boil. She awed at Anurag's guts and almost laughed at the fate he had signed up for.

"Prerna." She heard Maasi's voice and looked at the direction in surprise. 

Maasi stood three feet away from her, her face pale and eyes filled with rage.

"Ek baat kaan kholkar sunlo." She said and walked slowly towards Prerna. "Anurag toh aaj jail jakar rahega, chahe tum jitna ro, gidgidao ya bheek mango. Janti hain hum, tumhe uski bahut fikar hogi, toh chup chaap jao yahan se. Jakar usey bachaney ki koshish karo, vakil bulao, bail ke papers aur paise taiyaar karo...jo karna hai karo...humein farak nahin padta. Lekin aaj-

"Anurag Basu jail jakar rahega Maasi, ye Mrs Bajaj ka aapse vaada hai." Prerna simply said, the rage in her eyes matching to that of Maasi's. "Aur main yahan se kahin nahin jaane wali. I am not leaving my husband alone."

Taking out her phone, she immediately dialed Mr Mehra, who answered in two rings.

"Mr Mehra, uss hitman ne Anurag Basu ka naam lia hai. Make sure uska confession record ho aur ek ghante ke andar Anurag jail mein ho. Lawyer se baat kariye aur pata kariye, what is the harshest punishment he can get and get it. Call me as soon as this is over." Prerna instructed and cut the call. 

Maasi was surprised to say the least, she was not expecting Prerna to react like this. She was fully prepared to not hear a word of explanation from Prerna but this, she was not expecting this.

"Prerna, tumhara chahe jo bhi faisla ho, mera faisla nahin badlega." Maasi said and looked at her daughter-in-law. "Tum yahan nahin rahogi."

"Maasi please-

"Nahin. Ye sab jo hua hai, kahin na kahin tum bhi iski wajah ho." Maasi sighed and shook her head. "Jab tak Rishabh khud tumhe nahin bulayega, tum iss hospital mein kadam nahi rakhogi. Tumhe humari kasam."

Prerna gulped her tears and heartbreak before nodding. She could do nothing but respect Maasi's wish, wait for her husband to open his eyes and call for her. In the meantime, she had a daughter to take care of and she left the hospital, calling Mr Mehra to arrange Kukki's arrival in the new town and for hotel reservations.

--

Rishabh could feel every muscle in his body cry in pain as he regained his consciousness. His mind was fogged with confusion as to why was he in so much pain and why did his body feel stiff. He moved and almost screamed as he felt agonizing pain around his back and shoulder, so much so that he could feel the tears form in his eyes. 

Blinking his eyes wide open, he found himself in a white room with machines beeping and the smell of medicine floating in the air. He gulped his dry throat and sighed loudly, catching the attention of the nurse who was noting down his vitals.

"Are you awake, Mr Bajaj?" She asked in a calming tone and poured him a glass of water. "I'll help you get up and you have to finish this, okay?"

He simply nodded as the nurse held him softly, placing the glass on his chapped lips.

"Don't worry, you are out of danger. You had been under operation and you've woken up after seven hours." She explained him in a pacifying tone. "I will inform the doctor that you are now awake. Do you feel any pain?"

"I...uh." He cleared his throat before nodding. "I feel stiff and...my shoulder hurts a lot."

"I'll give you another dose of painkiller once the doctor checks you." She said and went on to call the doctor. 

Within three minutes, Rishabh was facing his a middle-aged man in a white coat, who was quietly checking his vitals without a word. Rishabh soon got frustrated with the silence and cleared his throat loudly, loud enough for the doctor to look at him.

"You got shot." He said and Rishabh groaned. 

So that's what the pain was; he had a bullet hole in his back! 

"But we retrieved the bullet so you're absolutely-

"When can I go home?" Rishabh simply asked. "I have a family to go back to, a business to handle-

"Tu kuch handle nahin karega." Maasi's voice greeted him crossly. "Jab tak Doctor tujhe clear nahin karte, tu naa ek phone call karega, naa koi mail karega, kuch nahin. Chup chaap yahan reh aur aaram kar."

"Maasi-

"Tujhe goli lagi hai Rishabh! Koi bhukhar ya sardi nahin hui hai, jo aaj yahan aur kal ghar!" Maasi's eyes were tearing up. "Goli lagi hai tujhe! Mar sakta tha-

"Maasi, main bilkul thik hu." Rishabh held his mother's hand. "Please don't worry."

"Waise, tujhe pareshan nahin karna chahti main lekin tujhe pata hona chahiye." Maasi cleared her throat. "Ye sab uss...Anurag Basu ne karwaya hai. Par tu fikar mat kar, wo jail mein hai aur lambe se lambe samay tak wahin rehne wala hai."

Rishabh wasn't surprised. Only his mortal enemies would stoop so low and Anurag Basu was his biggest enemy. His involvement also explained Prerna's absence. Surely, she must be going mad, worrying about her ex-lover.

In the last few months, although their relationship had changed for the better, Rishabh knew that forgetting Anurag Basu was not something his wife was capable of. She cried in her husband's arms for her ex-lover, what else could be a proof of where her heart lay? She had lost the baby she'd carried with a fierce protectiveness and felt weaker than ever. 

As her husband, Rishabh felt it was his responsibility to support her, in any way possible. If she wanted to weep for her lost dreams in the arms of the man who had snatched them, so be it.

But still, it hurt. He was a proud man after all and to admit that his own wife was more worried about a man who had tried to kill him than being worried about her hospitalized husband felt like a failure he could not control.

"Accha hai." Was all he said to Maasi. "Kukki kahan hai?"

"Wo hotel mein hai, shaam ko le aaungi main usey, tujhse milne ke liye." Maasi smiled and kissed his forehead. "Tu ruk, main teri medicines lekar aati hoon."

Rishabh nodded, trying not to ask why Prerna was not with Kukki, why couldn't she bring their daughter. He knew the answer.

--

"Maasi, please, mujhe ek baar unhe dekh lene dijiye!" Prerna almost cried when Maasi came to take Sneha to the hospital a few hours later. "Main unse nahin milungi, I promise."

"Prerna, tum humara faisla jaanti ho, phir bhi kyu puch rahi ho?" Maasi shook her head and held Sneha's arm. "Chalo Kukki, Papa tumhare baare mein puch rahe the."

"Maasi, unhe fikar ho raho hogi, wo soch rahe honge main kyu nahin aayi-

"Kuch nahin soch raha wo." Maasi stopped at the door. "Usne tumhara naam bhi nahin lia...na hi poocha ki tum kahan ho. Usne sirf Kukki ke baare mein pucha."

Maasi's words itched in Prerna's chest. Did he really not ask about her? 

--

It had been thirteen hours since he had woken up and still, no sign of his wife. Rishabh could feel a laugh arise in his chest.

Why would she be here? He was alive, wasn't he? He didn't die so she had no reason to be here. She must be busy in trying to get Mr Basu out of jail and Rishabh could not blame her. Love made you do crazy things! Just look at him for example, waiting for his wife to come visit him while his heart very well knew she wouldn't. Crazy indeed! 

How could he even think that she would be worried for him while her ex-lover was in trouble? How could he even think that she could love him enough to forget about Mr Basu!

He was the idiot here. Craving for someone's love and attention while his gut knew, it would take a miracle in a million years for that to happen. In the past months, the relationship which they had nurtured so carefully had given him hope and every day, that hope grew bit by bit. And now, he was hopeless.

He was a hopeless idiot in love with his wife!

TBC

Edited by SanyaEterna - 4 years ago
MajhboorChomo thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Where is the update yaarrrrr πŸ˜­

WaqtZaya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Most Comments (August 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 7

Kya baat hai mommy aj mujhe msg bhi kiya woh bhi itna sara planner aur abhi update haiyee 

WaqtZaya thumbnail

Last 15minx se res. πŸ˜’

Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

39 minutes ho gaye. πŸ˜†

Sunn_shine thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Poor things... both of them want to see the other one but Masi has created a mess between these two..Rishabh is not asking thinking she must be worried for Anurag Prerna can't go coz of Masi.. I hope kukki tells him that Prerna is waiting to see him.. or Mr. Mehra tells him that Prerna got Anurag behind the bars as soon as she knew he was behind the attack. 

Waiting to see how you break their galatfehmi ki deewar...

Please update soon 

Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Thanks a lot for continuing this. :)

Damn the huge misunderstandings! But I'm loving it. πŸ˜ˆ

And I hope it continues even after Mr Bajaj gets discharged. πŸ˜ˆ

But why is Prerna giving up so easily? Maybe it's the guilt and the heartbreak upon learning that he didn't ask for her. 

WaqtZaya thumbnail

Originally posted by: Wistfulness

Thanks a lot for continuing this. :)

Damn the huge misunderstandings! But I'm loving it. πŸ˜ˆ

And I hope it continues even after Mr Bajaj gets discharged. πŸ˜ˆ

But why is Prerna giving up so easily? Maybe it's the guilt and the heartbreak upon learning that he didn't ask for her. 

right you are. She wrote exactly the way I had told her to