Maaneet OS: A Christmas Present

Maaneet099 thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Hello my dear dearies! 🤗
i wouldnt call it it totally back but i am almost back  and what better way to start than a maaneet OS. i need to take a few classes over the break but i shall definitely try my best to give u the updates i promised... shorry but this class is needed for the graduation toh attend karna padtha hai ... anyways coming back to the OS... this is actually a sequel of my previous OS Home Sweet Home... although i have alluded to it and used the backgrounds of maan n geet from it this OS by itself is an individual one too 😆

adoption holds a very important role in my life. no i have not been adopted but one of my very close family friend unfortunately was unable to conceive and finally after a lot of battles with their family they finally able adopt a child. but the question is still a lot of people are very reluctant to the concept of adoption and feel very weird about it especially (or unfortunately) in india where there is a constant need of people for adopting so many kids left to tend for themselves...

the idea of this OS actually started off with the thought of having something romantic at a function n then i remembered it was christmas so thought of a normal christmas party with maan teasing geet but then it suddenly stuck me about a better christmas story... so i hope u enjoy it too 😊

for those of you who missed home sweet home or wanna refresh your memory here is the link: Home Sweet Home

love 
Madhu

PS: if you like this OS n would like to be PMed for my other FFs or future OS please add my PMing list id madhu.pmlist... i shall not add any buddies to this userID... thank you 😊
Edited by Maaneet099 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maaneet099 thumbnail
"Kisi ki muskuraahaon pe ho nisaar," his dark rich tone echoed across the kitchen. "Kisi ka," he began only to whistle the rest of the tune before finishing, "jeena isika naam hai!" he finished and looking down proudly at the neatly cut zucchini and red peppers.

Maan Singh Khurana, the man who didn't need to lift his finger before servants would rush to come his service, stood in the kitchen and religiously cooking, wearing his favorite apron that read, "world's best husband cum cook". Even though the world was at his disposal, he loved to always keep his dear wife, Geet Maan Singh Khurana happy. Being the only daughter of millionaire, Vijay Handa, she never had a reason to visit the kitchen except for grabbing something to eat. Her father loved to cook for her and whenever he found time off his busy schedule, he would always cook a meal so that his daughter and him could enjoy some family time. Geet not only found cooking a laborious chore but also something she decided she would never master in the lives to come. Her clumsiness around the stove was enough to keep her away from it. But once she was married to Maan, she regretted not having to cook. Her friend Meera often had reminded her the best way to husband's heart was through his stomach and there she was unable to even whip an egg! Well, Maan Singh Khurana had a solution for that, he had always remarked she had found a way to his heart and need not try it through his stomach and had willingly taken over to cook for his lovely wife. Although she had felt bad making him cook, the love in his eyes for her when he cooked led her to vanquish all her doubts and fears.

Maan then turned his attention to the stove where some hot pancakes were cooking. He flipped them like and expert, switched the gas oven off and smiled widely, "Haye kya baat hai Maan tu toh ek dum first-class cook ban chuke ho," he said aloud, "keep it up my boy," he said patting his shoulder before removing the apron and arranging the morning breakfast tray.

Last night Geet had to rush to the hospital on emergency case and returned in the early hours of dawn causing Maan to miss sleeping in her arms. He took the tray in his hand and smiled mischievously, contemplating on ways to start the morning on a romantic note. 

Meanwhile in the master bedroom, tiny hand patted Geet's cheek. "Mamma," the sleepy voice squeaked. Geet stirred lightly but not enough to see her daughter wearing her Winnie the Pooh pajamas and yawning. "Mamma," she squeaked louder as her hands urgently pat Geet's cheek.

"Hmm?" Geet stirred from her sleep.

"Mamma, me shleepy here?" the little girl requested, scrunching her eyebrows, sleep still evident in her tone.

"Of course baby," Geet mumbled, moving over to give her little one some space to cuddle. The cherub scrambled on the bed while Geet pulled over the comforter on her. Geet wrapped her hands and continued to sleep while her daughter nestled comfortably in her warmth before falling asleep once again. And this was the lovable scene Maan was greeted with as he walked into his room causing his lips to curve unconsciously into a satisfied smile. His daughter and his wife lay cuddled up in bed with a serene expression on their faces. He quietly placed the tray on the nearby table and tiptoed to the bed. He knelt by the bed, kissed his fingers and softly placed in on his darling princess' cheek not wanting to wake her.

Maan stared for a while at both of them and looked at the watch. It was past nine in the morning and the whole family was due for a Christmas party at his buddy, Arun's place. They still had to do some Christmas shopping for Geet couldn't spare some time due to her busy schedule. Deciding waking her up before it was too late; he softly nudged her, "Geet." She slightly stirred but was fast back asleep. "Geet!" he called a bit louder while shaking her a bit.

"Hmm, lemme sleep baby," she said, her voice slurred from sleep.

"Jaan utho na, it's already late. We need to shop for some presents for Arun's kids too," he declared.

"Five more minutes peesh," she said, her voice resembling a little kid.

"Teekhai magar five minutes bus," he replied and went to set her clothes for the day. He then returned five minutes later to find her still sound asleep. He crawled on the bed to her side, tucked her hair and cupped her cheek, "Wake up love," he whispered against her ear and kissed her earlobe.

Maan's touch tickled her a bit causing her to wake up. Geet fluttered her eyes open to see her handsome husband smiling brightly at her. Smiled back while he came forward to peck her lips, "Morning love," he greeted her.

"Good morning Maan," she said stifling a yawn before getting up slightly to kiss his cheek and then turned to her daughter and kissed her forehead. She walked to the washroom to brush her teeth and freshen up while he went to wake his princess.

"Niha baby," he called, "wake up darling."

"Daddy me want shleep," Niha replied groggily and turned the other way.

"Baby, remember we need to go shopping for presents for Riya and Shika," he said referring to her best friends and Arun's twin six year-old daughters.

"Hmm," Niha sighed reluctantly. Although she badly wanted to shop for presents for them, her sleep seemed to be a bit more appealing than shopping.

"Chalo teekhai, I'll tell them Niha has no gifts for them," he taunted, finally throwing his last weapon.

"No daddy!" Niha screamed making Maan chuckle at his little one's antics. She scrambled off the bed and hurried trotted to her room.

"You forgot something Niha!" Maan called back after her. She gasped and hit her forehead for forgetting an important morning ritual. She turned to run back to her daddy's arms before giving him a sloppy kiss on his cheek.

"Morning daddy!" Niha said her smile accentuating her dimples.

"Good morning sweetums," he said returning her kiss and hugged her tightly. "Slept well?"

"Yup!" she chirped in, "gotta go daddy, I need to buy presents for Ri and Chiku," she said referring to her friends.

"Alright," he laughed at her serious declaration before letting her run to her room to brush her teeth.

Just as Niha left for her room, Geet walked into the room, wiping her face with a towel. He closed the door of their room and locked it, just in case Niha would need to walk in to look at their compromising posture for he definitely needed a little Christmas present at the start of the day.

"How was last night's emergency?" he asked, walking to get the breakfast tray, while Geet straightened herself to sit on the bed, leaning her back on the bed frame.

"Hmm, it was pretty bad. The case is very complicated. On top of that, the poor girl is facing problems even in her personal front. Gosh Maan, I really wish men were a bit more sensitive," she said shaking her head.

"Main hoon na," he declared and slid the tray in front of her.

"Not you Maan, I meant men in general. Her husband seems to have abandoned her for he promised to come to her a month ago and yet there is no sign of him. I really think he cheated her for her money before packing off. And that poor girl still thinks he shall come," she explained. "There is nobody she can contact for her parents died early and it was her uncle who brought her up. He readily married her off to an NRI who posed to be a good man. He brought her here, got her pregnant and that was the last of him," she narrated, anger boiling inside her.

Maan simply nodded, listening seriously, "Magar what other complications?" he asked.

"She is pretty young Maan, only twenty-one and highly anemic. Lack of nutrition for both the child and the mother have not been nourished well and it would be a miracle of both make it safe," she said getting a bit emotional. "Last night she had a false alarm and I had to be there in case the child was born. I am just worried for the child and the mother," she confessed.

"It's alright sweetheart, sab teekh ho jayega," Maan assured, soothing her back. "Ab chalo khao and tell me how it is," he said feeding her a bite of her favorite omelet.

Geet savored in the delicious taste of cheese and egg with a mix of peppers and onion as the tiny piece melted in her mouth. "Hmm'" she let out a contented sigh. "Maan, did I even tell you, you are THE best cook in this whole wide world," she stated, "actually scratch that, in this whole wide universe!" she finished smiling satisfactorily.   

Maan looked like he was contemplating before looking at her with a mischievous smirk, "Nahi, magar ab bhi bata sakti ho," he said inching towards her.

"So, I just did," she said, stopping him midway, getting a whiff of his action.

"I meant you could show your appreciation too, you know mujhe kitna mehnat karna padta hai, at least for that I need to be repaid in kind," he said ignoring her attempts to stop him.

"Oh is that so Mr. Khurana?" she asked as he caressed her cheek.

"Yes, Mrs. Khurana," he whispered, his hot breath falling on his lips. She closed her eyes involuntarily, her lips parting slightly as she let his close presence play havoc to her senses. He took it as her consent and bent to claim her soft and luscious lips.

The kiss started slow as he nibbled her lower lip while she responded eagerly giving him access inside. He entered with a swipe of his tongue and deepened the kiss while his hands automatically wound around her petite waist and pulled her closer to him. Her mouth tasted of fresh minty paste mixed along with a hint of the cheese omelet he had just fed. Her hands found its way to tangle onto his hair. He pulled back to place wet kisses on her throat and descending down to her nape. She throatily moaned his name and arched her neck to give him more access. He gently nipped her neck and slipped his hand under her long shirt, squeezing her supple flesh in the process. His hand traveled further up as he urgently tried to pry the hook when Geet's pager beeped. Both initially ignored and continued to quench their carnal desires but the loud shrill of the phone a few minutes later caused them to reluctantly let go of each other. He grunted at the unwanted intrusion. She soundly kissed his lips and bent to grab the phone off the side table.

"Dr. Khurana here," she announced clearly peeved by the sudden interruption. Maan tucked her loose strands and made her sit on his lap. He fidgeted with her hair, getting impatient, as the call seemed to persist longer. Understanding his urge she looked apologetically at him while she listened to the person on the line. He mumbled curses under his breath to the person on the other side of the line. "Alright, I shall be there," she ended the conversation, switching the phone off.

"Kya? Even today?" Maan asked exasperated. "Today is your day off, I wanted to spend the day with you," he whined.

"Sorry love, it's the disadvantage of marrying a doctor," she said kissing his cheek. "But I promise I shall be back by afternoon and we can make it to the dinner tonight, and then," she paused to give him a sultry look.

"And then my Christmas present love," he winked naughtily pinching her navel and causing her to gasp.  

"Shameless!" she chided before giggling at him.

"Look who's talking darling," he offered.

"Chodo mujhe," she said, pushing him away a bit but his grip on her was too strong that she instantly fell back on him. He cradled her and nuzzled in her hair, inhaling the faint strawberries and cream scent of her shampoo.

"Not so fast my love, I have been cruelly denied to spend some quality time with my wife so I want something to hold onto until she returns to my arms," his husky voice cooed into her ear.

Geet turned to look at her Grecian husband, intently looking at her, his desires clearly written on his face. She herself couldn't deny her urge to feel him against her skin but her duty called her first. She wound her hands to his neck, bringing him closer and capturing his lips in a soft yet passionate kiss. "Love you Maan," she stated breathlessly.

"Love you too with all my heart Geet," he replied before reaching to kiss her forehead lovingly. "Ab chalo before I make you my prisoner here," he sighed reluctantly letting her go. She chuckled at his statement and headed to hit the shower before she left.

"Maan, please take Niha shopping for I don't think I can make it. And yes buy some perfume for Prerna from Victoria's Secret and'"

"Magar I don't know what she likes," he interrupted.

"Oh my dear charmer husband I am sure you'll pick the best," she winked.

"Is that so jaan?" he asked amused.

"Of course baby, you are best at charming women with your lovely selection of gifts. I am your best living proof." Maan laughed at her open declaration while she continued. "How could I forget your seduction techniques of gifting me those sexy scents," she said picking up her towel.

"What am I supposed to do when I hardly find time to spend time with my wife. Of course I am going to root for the shortest techniques possible," he stated plainly.

"And that is what I love about you," she said peeking out of the door and sending him a flying kiss before shutting it. Maan simply laughed and headed out the door to get his daughter ready.

The evening approached quickly. Maan rushed through the busy highway while his daughter slept peacefully in the back booster seat, tired from all the shopping. He exited off the highway and came to halt at the signal when his phone rang. Automatically the phone speaker system switched on with Geet's voice on the other end. "Hi Maan," she chirped.

"Yes babe," he said.

"Did Niha have her lunch Maan? And how about you? Is the shopping done? Was Niha able to find everything for her friends?" she shot her questions continuously.

"Take a breath babe and yes everything is under control," he said smiling and accelerating as the signal turned green. "And when can I expect to see my darling wife?"

"May be in an hour or so Maan, and I shall directly come over to Arun's place. Please bring me a set of clothes so that I can change at their place," she requested.

"No worries Geet, how is everything there?" he asked.

"She delivered a baby girl and she was critical for the last hour or so but now the situation seems under control. I need to observe the baby's progress before I hand over the responsibility to the next doctor. But the baby is absolutely adorable and cute Maan; I simply cannot take my eyes off her. When I carried her to check her vitals the little one tried to hold my finger tightly and I had absolutely no heart to let her go. I am sure you would agree with me if you were here Maan," she said getting very excited.

Continued below...
II

II

II

II

V
Maaneet099 thumbnail
Maan knew it was her typical behavior among little newborn babies and little children. He smiled remembering his own angel's birth. Neither him nor Geet could take their eyes of their little tiny miracle wrapped in pink cloth and constantly fought to have her in their arms. In fact, Niha was a miracle child as Geet had a lot of problems conceiving but he never gave up hope and Niha was a God sent gift for them and he would be always thankful for that.
"Teekhai Maan, I need to rush, catch ya later, love you!" Geet said interrupted his thoughts.

"Love you too jaan!" he called back as he rolled into his garage and parking the car.

He pulled off his seatbelt and opened the rear door. He carefully unlocked Niha's booster seat and lifted his sleeping beauty. She snuggled closer to him and wound her arms around his neck. He picked up rest of the shopping bags and managed to close the door and walk into the house. He dropped the bags on the couch nearby and decided to let Niha sleep for a little while more for tonight would be long at the party. He went to his room to pick a dress for Geet while he chose a dark purple shirt along with black formals to go with it. He chose a long purple elegant dress with butterfly back to match with his shirt.

The clock chimed showing 5:30PM; Maan switched off his laptop, finishing some work that needed immediate attention and got up to wake Niha before they could get ready and headed to the Christmas party.

"Niha baby, wake up, we need to get going," he said slightly patting her cheeks. Niha woke up after a few attempts and he got her ready in her new white and red formal dress.

"Where is mama?" Niha asked, sitting on the counter top and sipping her strawberry Nesquik.

"She's at the hospital and shall come over there directly," Maan said grabbing the car keys, lifting her, and walking out of the house.

"I miss mama," Niha quipped, settling in her booster seat while Maan buckled her up.

"I miss her too baby," he said looking through the rear view mirror before hitting the road.

The party was in full swing when Maan entered Arun's house. Arun and his wife, Prerna greeted him warmly at the door and kissed little Niha nestled safely in Maan's arms. After the initial exchanges, he let Niha down as she ran to meet her friends while he stood to catch up with his buddy. Arun's tall and well-built figure stood towering his petite and elegant wife, Prerna while the three stood talking. Arun and Prerna had met in college before they decided to tie the knot 4 years later.

Arun studied with him from kindergarten until they completed high school in India before moving permanently to New York when his family shifted. Both had kept in touch and when Maan came on a business trip to New York they finally met up and things had headed for a sweet surprise when he met his Geet in the same hospital Arun's father had been admitted to. And the rest was history.

"Geet kahaan hai?" Arun asked seeing no trace of Maan's wife.

"Oh some emergency at the hospital so she had to leave early this morning. Me and Niha did all the shopping and here we are," he smiled.

"Dekha Arun," Prerna said whacking Arun's arm, "Maan please teach him the basics of helping his wife."

"Ouch sweetheart, it hurts," Arun whined while furiously rubbing his arm. "Maan was the shopping details necessary?" he asked glaring at Maan. "You are always intent on getting me beaten by my wife!"

"Oh please Arun, stop complaining will you?" Prerna said sternly. "You know Maan, I have to take care of all the work at home, go grocery shopping, and then take care of his kids, who hardly listen to a word of mine," she said exasperated.

"Oh no!" Maan reacted alarmed at the revelation, "Arun are you making my darling work?" he said side-hugging Prerna while glaring at Arun.

"Stop ganging up against me! Gosh! You guys are taking advantage of the fact that Geet is not here to support me," he whined like a child causing Maan and Prerna to crack up.

Just as they were about to walk into the main living room, Geet walked, looking a bit morose. "Ah there comes my savior!" Arun said loudly, making Maan and Prerna turn to see her.

Maan noticed her looking a bit aloof and walked to her and kissed her forehead, "Is everything alright jaan?" he asked with concern.

"Huh?" Geet replied shaking off her daze, "umm yes, everything is fine, I need to freshen up a bit please excuse me," she said unable to look at him in the eye.

Prerna saw the sudden change in atmosphere and volunteered to walk Geet to the guest room and Maan and Arun headed to the living room. "You okay hun?" Prerna asked.

"Yes Prerna, sorry, I am fine just had a long day," Geet managed to say and smile that didn't reach her eyes.

"Alright if there is anything you know where to find me," she offered not wanting to press the issue before letting Geet get ready.

"Thanks," she mumbled before walking to the bathroom and changing into the dress brought by Maan for her.

Geet walked down the stairs only to have every head turn at her arrival and gape at her divine and angelic beauty. The dress fit her perfectly accentuating her curves in the proper places and her skin glowed with the minimum make-up on her flawless face. Yet the most important thing seemed to be missing, her radiating smile. She walked down the stairs to be joined by her husband who was no less than a perfectly chiseled Grecian god. She wound her arm around his well-toned arm while he pulled her close to him and placed his arms possessively around her, claiming his right on her. Everyone subtly nodded their head in approval as a sign of greeting before returning to their original job of chitchatting.

"Geet, kya hua, you look pale, tumhari tabyat teekh hai na?" he asked, concern and anxiety evident in his tone.

"Yeah, it's just been a long day Maan," she said looking away.

"Geet look at me love, I know you too well to hide things from me."

Geet was about to say something when someone in the crowd shouted, "Oh my god they are standing under the mistletoe and that calls for a kiss!" causing everyone to laugh and look eagerly at the couple.

"Jaan they want me to kiss, and I cannot disappoint the crowd can I?" he said bending to take her lips but only to find her reluctant to respond to his touch. The crowd hooted not knowing the internal conflict while Maan let go of Geet and looked at her with his brows furrowed in worry. He quietly slipped from the crowd along with Geet and walked to the nearest guestroom. He made her sit on the couch and bent down to meet her eye-level. She had her eyes cast down so he slipped his fingers under her chin to make her see him. Her eyes clearly spelled her internal turmoil. "Geet please tell me what is bothering you, I kills me to see you like this," he said earnestly making her burst into tears. He instantly cradled her and let her sob while calming her with his soothing words.

"Shh it's alright baby," he said rubbing her back, slightly calming her back. "Kya hua jaan?" he asked finally when her sobs died down.

"Voh, voh, they couldn't save that Aliya," she managed to speak as a fresh set of tears trailed her cheeks, "she, she died in my arms Maan!"

Maan knew Geet was very emotional and sentimental type. She would be easily affected when she saw someone in pain and that was the main reason she had chosen a career in medicine. She wanted to alleviate the suffering of people and it killed her to see people around her in hardship. It always amazed him how determined and had an amazing quick mindedness for a doctor yet when she saw people in pain she would take it on herself and become very emotional and attached. He combed her hair and rocked her, "It's okay, I am sure she'll find peace high above," he said.

"She died in my arms Maan, asking me to take care of her child," Geet sobbed.

"Of course jaan as a doctor you shall make every effort to take care of that child," he said wiping her tears with a swipe of his thumb.

Geet kept quiet for sometime and silence prevailed among them. She seemed to be in deep thought as she sniffed back her tears. "Are you okay now, ab hum chalein?" he asked trying to get up but she held his wrist firmly.

"Maan I was thinking," she began unable to find the right words. She looked at him and he smiled, asking her to continue, "I was thinking of adopting the child." Maan was stunned initial at the sudden declaration and bent down again to look at her to see if she was joking but her serious and eager expression showed otherwise.

"Geet I am sure we can provide for the child without having to adopt the child officially," he said with a serious tone.

"But I want to adopt the baby Maan, please?" she asked hesitantly.

"Geet let's talk about this later, ab hume chalna chahiye," he urged.

"Nahi Maan I am not going to change my decision, I am have made up my mind," Geet affirmed.

"Yeh kya pagalpan hai Geet? Just because you saw the mother die in your arms, you are not responsible to adopt the child and make it our own," Maan said firmly, scrunching his eyebrows.

"Maan this is neither about my responsibility nor about sympathy!" Geet said frustrated. "Maan why do you find it so odd to adopt a child?"

"Geet I like kids and I would like to have our own kids," Maan stated blatantly, stressing on 'our'. Geet was appalled at Maan's declaration at his sudden narrow-minded thinking. "Maan?" she asked in disbelief.

"Geet dekho, we shall provide everything for the child, I promise magar uskeliye you don't have to take hasty decisions," he said calmly, cupping her cheeks.  

"Maan you think I am making a hasty decision? I have thoroughly thought about this and I personally want to adopt the child to provide for the little one as a mother," she said earnestly looking at Maan. "I have made this decision as a mother. When I held that child in my arms it was the exact same feeling when I held Niha for the first time," she confessed. Yet Maan still seemed to not be fully convinced by Geet's revelation and kept quiet. "Maan you know and have seen me suffer a lot before I conceived Niha, what if, what if I would have never conceived our child, even then you wouldn't have adopted one?" she asked at point blank.

"Don't say that Geet, I knew you would carry my child," he said looking away with guilt.

Seeing him still reluctant she withdrew from his hands and stood up. "Forget it Maan, it would just be a waste of time to convince a man who feels it is something below him to adopt a child. I never knew you were so narrow-minded Maan!" she said before huffing out of the room, angrily wiping away her tears.

"Geet!" he tried to call but all in vain. He walked out of the room to find her talking to Prerna and her other friends and thus couldn't talk to her.

Throughout the rest of the party, she gave him a royal ignore and moved to talk to someone else thus giving him no lone time to talk to her. It pained him to see her ignoring him, but what irked him more were the words that had pierced his heart. He had never thought about adopting and the whole notion of becoming a father to a stranger child was very foreign to him. He had initially tried to convince her to see reality but she had stubbornly refused his advances and before he knew it she had left the main living room where all the people were present. He panicked at her sudden disappearance and scanned to crowd to get a glimpse of her. He rushed out of the house and was relieved to find her standing by the end of the porch looking sadly at the moonless sky. He went to stand close by her but not too close to alert her of his presence.

"I am sorry baby, I though I would be blessed by becoming a mother to you, but I guess I am not very fortunate to call myself your mother," she confessed, tears freely flowing down her cheeks, "Maan doesn't seem to be fond of you. I don't want you to suffer being ignored by him. I am sorry, so sorry," she said silently sobbing her heart out. Maan's heart tore to see her cry silently and wanted to hug her tightly and ask for forgiveness. He never expected Geet to take the child's adoption so seriously. He felt disgusted with his own thoughts of denying the poor child a good family. He wiped his lone tear before turning around and resolving to fix his follies. 

Geet stood looking up at the sky for a long time before finally wiping them and heading inside before she attracted a search party in her name. The dinner buffet had begun and Geet walked through the crowd to feed Niha. She found her daughter enjoying her meal with her friends, laughing and enjoying and looked to see Prerna helping the kids settle in the corner so that they could have fun and at the same time eat properly.

"Thanks Pri," Geet said walking over to her.

"Of course Geet, isn't Niha like my own daughter," Prerna replied giving a smile. "I hope everything is fine now?" she asked referring to Geet's dull mood.

"Umm' yeah," she said not wanting to elaborate further.

"Geet tum bhi kha lo, Maan informed me he had to leave on some urgent business call," Prerna informed.

"Oh!" Geet began loudly. "And he couldn't even inform me personally," she finished mentally, peeved at his behavior.

Geet finally managed to get home. She walked into the house with Niha peacefully sleeping in her arms, free the turmoil and tension around her. Geet managed to pry off the dress off of Niha and tucked her in her bed before walking to the balcony hoping to get some peace of mind. She looked at the time and it was quarter past 11 and yet there was no sign of Maan. However much they fought Maan would always return home to appease her as he hated to go to bed angry but today there was absolutely no sign of him. In spite of her anger towards Maan she wanted him to be safe. She dialed his cell phone only to be answered by his voicemail. She sighed and kept the phone on the coffee table and leaned on the railings and staring into nothingness.

The sudden shrill of the cell phone brought Geet back from her slumber. She jerked open her eyes open only to realize she had fallen asleep leaning on the railing. She stretched to get the phone, "Hello," she answered groggily.

"Hey jaan, could you please open the door, I kind of have my hands full," Maan said cheerfully from the other side on the line.

Geet scrunched her eyebrows in doubt; did he really forget we fought? She got up, adjusting the dress she didn't change out of and walked to the living room to open the door. She opened the door to find Maan smile cheekily while his both hands seemed to be hidden behind his back.

"Are you alright Maan? Why do you have that silly grin of yours and what is that you are hiding?" she asked irritated and guessing he probably had a bunch of her favorite calla lilies to make up.

"First let me apologize for being such a jerk Geet, I swear I never meant to be so discriminating. I guess I was very narrow-minded afterall," he pleaded apologetically.

"It's okay Maan it was my fault too. I shouted at you without giving you time to think. I, I was overwhelmed and became emotional without letting my rational judgment have the better of me," she said looking down guiltily.

"No love, please don't apologize. I realized the depth of love and magnanimity of it with your simple gesture of wanting to become a mother. And as a token of apology will you please accept me back negating my folly?" he asked hesitantly. The clock struck 12 in the background when he brought his hand forward, holding something precious in a little car seat. "Merry Christmas my love!" he said smiling at her.

Initially she was shocked at the sudden gift and gasped in surprise. Bust slowly as the fact that Maan had brought the precious little baby she wanted to become the mother of sunken in, tears of joy streamed down Geet's cheeks. She tried hard to stifle a sob by closing her mouth but her emotions refused to listen to her. She was overwhelmed at Maan's genuine and heartfelt apology along with the world's best Christmas gift. She knew he was being a bit immature when he scoffed about adoption but his apology and realization had touched her deeply. She had never seen a man so sincere and heartwarming after her father and thanked her stars for allowing her to become part of his life. She walked towards him slowly, uncertain this whole thing was a dream while he stepped into the house and closed the door behind him. He opened the hood of the baby seat to reveal the little angel sleeping serenely with her little pink throw, securely wrapped around her tiny body and her tiny hands covered in little pink mittens.

The sudden gushes of wind from the balcony brushed the baby causing her to jerk her face off a bit and cover her face shabbily. Geet smiled at the cute gesture and looked up at Maan. He smiled contentedly at her, "Go ahead Geet, she is waiting for you to be picked up," he said forwarding the car seat. She carefully picked up the tiny cherub and cradled her in her arms and nestled her near her bosom while admiring her all the while. He kept the baby car seat and came to stand beside her, admiring the little one as well.

Once cradled securely in Geet's hands, the baby snuggled into her warmth as though that's where she belonged always and continued to sleep peacefully. Geet softly ran her hand on the baby's cheek before looking up at Maan, "Thank you," she managed to say in between her crying. He bent to kiss her forehead lovingly.

"No sweetheart, thank YOU," he said wiping her tears away. "Thank you for allowing me to become the father of the such wonderful and precious angel," he said cupping her cheeks. "Agar tum nahi batati, then I think I would have missed something important in life," he said lovingly gazing at the child in her arms. She gestured to take the baby in his arms and he most willingly acceded to take the little one in his arms and cradling her head carefully. He bent to softly peck the baby when the baby cooed as though she was satisfied with his gesture. Both chuckled at the baby's response while Geet hugged Maan. He balanced the baby in one hand and wound his other around Geet, bringing her closer to him.

"When the nurse first kept the baby in my arms, it was literally love at first sight. This little angel had captured my heart with her serene and calming beauty. Tab pata chala why you instantly fell in love with her. You were right Geet, she is indeed absolutely adorable and I thank God for allowing me to become the father of such a sweet little one," he whispered.

"Mujhe pata hai Mr. Khurana I am always right," Geet tried to lighten the mood, sniffing back her tears.

"Oh really Mrs. Khurana?" he teased, "and that is the reason why you always chose to ignore my proposals to marry you?"

"I was right in doing so too. If not who would have guessed the great business tycoon Maan Singh Khurana had a heart to love and give?" she asked smirking. "And if you haven't realized until now, let me remind you, a woman always loves attention," she winked naughtily.

"Ah! How could I have missed that!" he exclaimed with amusement before bending to take her lips for a soft kiss. He was about to deepen the kiss when the baby stirred and made little sounds, as though trying to gain attention. They broke away from the kiss, laughing, "Haan haan mera baccha I didn't forget you," he said his eyes sparkling seeing the little one open her doe-eyed eyes, revealing a beautiful pair of aqua blue eyes.

Maan started to walk towards the guest room holding the baby in one and Geet's hand in other. "I am sorry baby but please adjust in your older sister's crib tonight, papa will get you a new one tomorrow, teekhai?" he asked as if she could understand. Geet's eyes filled up at his concern and stood on tiptoe to kiss his cheeks. He turned to see her smile, "vaise jaan, what are you going to name my kid?" he asked seriously.

"I have always loved the name Mehrunnisa, it means 'Sun of Women' and it seems she was the most beautiful wife of Jahangir. And the story has it she was more beautiful than Mumtaz who was her niece. And she too had these pair of beautiful aqua blue eyes," Geet said in reverence.

"Hello Nisa," Maan greeted his daughter with the new name given by his wife and kept her carefully in the crib before placing a kiss. Geet kissed her fingers and brushed them on her daughter and smiled, thanking God for this joy.

"Maan what are we going to tell Niha?" she asked looking a bit worried at her older daughter's reaction. 

"We are going to tell her the truth," he stated plainly. She cocked her eyebrows in confusion. "We are going to say Nisa is a God sent gift for this Christmas," he finished as though reading her mind. Geet smiled and hugged him tightly before kissing his chest where his heart lay.

They stood for a while absorbing the surrounding calmness while their daughter slept peacefully in the crib. And a moment later Maan deftly lifted her in his arms and headed out of the door. "Maan what are you doing?" she asked alarmed at his sudden act.

"You got your Christmas gift, but where is mine, my love?" his voice reverberated huskily.

"Shameless!" Geet scolded, hitting his chest lightly but nonetheless enjoying his gesture.

"I have already told you Geet, I need a lot of junior Khuranas running around this house. Ab toh mujhe do betiyan hain, but I wanna a baby boy, aur uske liye mehnat bahut zaroori hai," he said throwing her on their bed and falling right on her, causing her to giggle. He started to work on the zip of her dress while kissing her. "Did I tell you, you looked absolutely ravishing in this dress," he said breaking off their kiss while she urgently unbuttoned his shirt.

"Nope! But you can show how ravishing I was now," she said mischievously, biting his shoulder before licking off the area she bit. And that was enough to make Maan rip off other barriers before making her his, in body and soul.

l*THE END*l

geet's dress...                                                                   Niha's dress...

wish u all MERRY CHRISTMAS!! 😊 (i know i am a bit late... but better late than never 😉😳😃)

abinash079 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
awspme os continue soon
Drashtimylove thumbnail
Lovely 👍🏼

Plz continue 😊
Bye_Bye_if thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
.Edited by softly_spoken - 12 years ago
Newdime thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

MADHU...

That was outstanding.  I must confess.  This one is your masterpiece, it has captured me and made me content after reading it. 

EXCELLENT!

It is sad that to date, adopting has a grey acceptance in our Asian community.  Hope one day this notion of ignorance and downcast towards adoption will eliminate from our minds and open minded acceptance the thought one want to adopt.
Mishti13 thumbnail
Edited by Mishti13 - 12 years ago
Krishnaluv94 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Aw, Madhu, I loved it!!! Muah! That was amazing!
ExpectoPatronum thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Its indeed a very wonderful christmas gift...