🏏Lucknow Super Giants vs Punjab Kings, 11th Match IPL 2024 🏏 - Page 36

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 2 months ago

Shikhar Dhawan | Losing captain: They played well, pity that Livi (Livingstone) got injured, that hurt us, he would have come at 4. We started off well, but Mayank bowled well with his pace. It was nice facing him, I was surprised at his pace, but I wanted to use his pace against him, but he bowled the bouncers and the yorkers well. I was quite mindful, asked the batters to use the short side and use his pace, but he bowled into his body (on Bairstow's dismissal) and got him OUT, I said the same to Jitesh as well. But Mohsin bowled really well, he kept a good length and suffocated us. We will have to analyse these defeats, the drop catch did cost us some momentum. That's something we'll have to improve going forward.

Morne Morkel, LSG bowling coach: Happy with the win. Bowlers stuck to it. In the first timeout told the bowlers to stay in the game. Then young Mayank bowled serious heat and got the wickets. It was tough last year as he got injured after the first warm-up game. We're managing him better. He ran in and that was the pleasing thing. We asked the guys to do the basics well on a good wicket. Told him to stick to his lengths and use bouncers. Proud he ran in and bowled gas despite the humidity. How the wicket would play was an unknown, we had to sum up conditions and use them. We had five-six days after the first game, that could've worked against us too. It's harder sitting in the dugout than on comms. (laughs)

Originally posted by: Prizi

Most runs      dhawan

Most 6s        bairstow

Most 4s        dhawan

Highest wickets taker     mayank Yadav

Extras    13

Total 377

isn’t it pooran for most 6s?

Most 50-plus scores in a losing cause in the IPL

28 - Virat Kohli

25 - David Warner

19 - Shikhar Dhawan

18 - KL Rahul

LSG’s record while batting first in the IPL

Matches: 16

Won: 13

Lost: 2

NR: 1

Dhawan’s innings progression

First 10 balls: 8 runs (SR: 80)

Next 25 balls: 47 runs (SR: 188)

Last 15 balls: 15 runs (SR: 100)

PBKS run-chase

Overs 1-10: 98/0 (RR: 9.8)

Overs 11-19: 61/5 (RR: 6.77)

Last over: 19 runs

Originally posted by: WildestDreams

isn’t it pooran for most 6s?

I just noticed it

His strike rate is better

Yupeeeeee getting point for 6s

Toss won by lsg

lsg won by 21 runs

Most runs      dhawan

Most 6s        Pooran

Most 4s        dhawan

most wickets      mayank Yadav

Extras    13

Total 377

Potm is mayank

PBKS’ s 178/5 is the highest total in a run-chase in 38 T20s played in Lucknow.