vibha28 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 months ago

I recently started watching this series, and I am intrigued. The concept is fantasy/time travel/love story which is a not a novel concept as such; however, it is executed well from what I have watched. I do have some questions though, and thought maybe this is the best forum to air and see if I can get some answers:

- I don't understand why did Dhruv promised Ayesha he won't love or marry anyone else. That was so random, and didn't make any sense whatsoever. Again, I am not across all the episodes so perhaps that was cleared later on, but if you are not in love with your friend, and hope she marries your cousin, then what would be the point to not marry anyone ever? or even love for that matter. It would have more sense had he said she can decide what she wants with her life but he won't marry her. 

- Ayesha confused me even more, her logic is get married and help Dhruv keep his promise? but wouldn't it have made more sense had she stayed single too? Or was she expecting to divorce her husband, then marry Dhruv who from what I have watched would rather stay single like he said to her previously.

- I am liking the conversations between him and Tara, she is breath of fresh air. Love how she is so innocently unaware of modern technology and genuinely wants to know and is happy once she realises what it means.

- The family is typical. Although the sisters (sweet and sour) serve no purpose and the kid is tolerable,

-I don't understand the dumbest king on the planet, King Solomon he isn't. He only listens to bad advice and looks like he is in some perpetual pain. 

- The brother Jay is forever victim but I see his point, sadly the negativity has manifested to hatred. He even knew that his now wife may have chosen Dhruv which is both insulting and weird. 

- I like how Dhruv liked the lack of selfishness of Tara. His fall was not unpredictable, she fell nicely too and harder. Although some parts were confusing but that is ITV so I am not going to worry about that.

Okay so my questions:

- Did I miss that Dhruv and Ayesha had a relationship, or that comment about no love and marriage was random?

- Tara did ask that kid what does I love you means, then why didn't she did not know when Dhruv was saying it over and over?

-What is wrong with the King?

The best is Queen who gives it to that Military General all the time. I bet she wishes she was still in that lockdown away from King who is useless.

Anyway, these were some of my thoughts, happy to hear if I have missed the plot totally and some answers to my questions.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Did I miss that Dhruv and Ayesha had a relationship, or that comment about no love and marriage was random?

They told the duo were childhood friends. The fandom understands that Ayesha was in love, Dhruv may or may not have been in love but they were very good friends so he might've fallen for her sooner or something. But they resolve this quite nicely within 50-60 episodes. 

- Tara did ask that kid what does I love you means, then why didn't she did not know when Dhruv was saying it over and over?

Time travel ke sath uska thoda memory loss bhi ho gaya Aisa assume kar ke chalo πŸ˜† for plot convenience.

The nation wants to know. πŸ€£

The best is Queen who gives it to that Military General all the time. I bet she wishes she was still in that lockdown away from King who is useless.

Pata nahi, she jumped in front to save him .. pati parmeshwar hota hai and all πŸ€£

Baaki sab is in line with fandoms thoughts, nothing too different. πŸ‘πŸΌ

Welcome to the forum! πŸ€—

vibha28 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Satrangi_Curls

Did I miss that Dhruv and Ayesha had a relationship, or that comment about no love and marriage was random?

They told the duo were childhood friends. The fandom understands that Ayesha was in love, Dhruv may or may not have been in love but they were very good friends so he might've fallen for her sooner or something. But they resolve this quite nicely within 50-60 episodes. 

Time travel ke sath uska thoda memory loss bhi ho gaya Aisa assume kar ke chalo πŸ˜† for plot convenience.

The nation wants to know. πŸ€£

Pata nahi, she jumped in front to save him .. pati parmeshwar hota hai and all πŸ€£

Baaki sab is in line with fandoms thoughts, nothing too different. πŸ‘πŸΌ

Welcome to the forum! πŸ€—

Thank you so much for the response, it does clarify a lot of things now. Thank you for the welcome too.

I liked both centuries and of course some bits are implausible it is a fun watch. After a traumatic experience with Pakistani series this is a good antidote. 

I am going to assume queen regrets saving that stupid king πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ he listens to everyone but his family and I wonder he is projecting but the actor is not bad so am tolerating him.

i really enjoy the couple talking to each other. The brother is fun too but mostly I love the queen she is the boss lady who shuts up that general all the time. 

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Originally posted by: vibha28

Thank you so much for the response, it does clarify a lot of things now. Thank you for the welcome too.

I liked both centuries and of course some bits are implausible it is a fun watch. After a traumatic experience with Pakistani series this is a good antidote. 

I am going to assume queen regrets saving that stupid king πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ he listens to everyone but his family and I wonder he is projecting but the actor is not bad so am tolerating him.

i really enjoy the couple talking to each other. The brother is fun too but mostly I love the queen she is the boss lady who shuts up that general all the time. 

IKR!! Narayani absolutely nails the role of queen! Very regal indeed!

Not sure if she regrets saving him, I haven't watched the show for a while now. But at the end she's 400 years behind toh apne pati ko hate toh nahi karegi πŸ˜† 

Episode discussion thread pe aao, maza aayega πŸ˜³

vibha28 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Satrangi_Curls

IKR!! Narayani absolutely nails the role of queen! Very regal indeed!

Not sure if she regrets saving him, I haven't watched the show for a while now. But at the end she's 400 years behind toh apne pati ko hate toh nahi karegi πŸ˜† 

Episode discussion thread pe aao, maza aayega πŸ˜³

Oh that is her, she was a Balaji lead back in the day, yeah?

You are right 400 yrs ago hate is a strong word between husband and wife i guess. Discussion thread? Thank you will check it out for sure. 

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Oh that is her, she was a Balaji lead back in the day, yeah?

You are right 400 yrs ago hate is a strong word between husband and wife i guess. Discussion thread? Thank you will check it out for sure. 

Yes. She had played some really interesting characters 

IAdoreYou thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 8

- Did I miss that Dhruv and Ayesha had a relationship, or that comment about no love and marriage was random?

Anyway, these were some of my thoughts, happy to hear if I have missed the plot totally and some answers to my questions.

1. As random as it could have been, Vibha. As random as it could have been. πŸ˜†

2. Ladki bhul gayi. Vallabhgarh aake dimag kitna busy ho gaya uska. Senapati ka rajyabhishek roko. Dhruv ko dhoondo. Use approve karvao. Shailyachikitsa ke raaste ke kaante rather kaanta aka Senapati ko sambhaalo. Kaha se yaad rahega I love you! πŸ˜†

3. Everything. Everything is wrong with the king. The king is wrong. Wrong is King. King = Wrong. Wrong = KingπŸ˜†

Edited by IAdoreYou - 10 months ago
vibha28 thumbnail

Originally posted by: IAdoreYou

1. As random as it could have been, Vibha. As random as it could have been. πŸ˜†

2. Ladki bhul gayi. Vallabhgarh aake dimag kitna busy ho gaya uska. Senapati ka rajyabhishek roko. Dhruv ko dhoondo. Use approve karvao. Shailyachikitsa ke raaste ke kaante rather kaanta aka Senapati ko sambhaalo. Kaha se yaad rahega I love you! πŸ˜†

3. Everything. Everything is wrong with the king. The king is wrong. Wrong is King. King = Wrong. Wrong = KingπŸ˜†

I have watched few more episodes since this conversation and I agree with the comments here and it appears to be a random not very well thought out comment. What I find funny is Dhruv told Ayesha under no circumstances can he upset his family and marry her, as family is his priority. Basically, I won't marry you because I know cousin loves you and it will create discord in the home. However; ever since Tara has come all she has done (again I have not watched all the episodes so things may have changed) is create discord and Dhruv is full on supporting her. The marriage bit is for necessity so minus that part, he was very supportive even before that.

Mum has been upset and he overrode her decision, and I can see why Ayesha is wondering what is going on from her end too. Poor girl, ruined her life. I mean she is not able to love her husband the one she does love is really not interested. 

So forgetting the meaning of "I love you" was a blooper basically lol.

King is useless, I actually like the general at least he thinks and plots well, stupid king cant think well, let alone plotting. 

I think what I like the most is the fact there is no toxic ML who forces, shouts, manhandles, gets angry for no reason on the FL. Dhruv is ordinary and it is fine because most men are and I like seeing that in the series. Tara may soon find him special and that is what love is all about, to see the special in the one you are with, and not the oh so handsome I may faint scenario. 

BTW the cousins sweet and sour, are they their real names? I know in India some use that as pet names but I am not sure if that is the case here or not. 

IAdoreYou thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 8

I have watched few more episodes since this conversation and I agree with the comments here and it appears to be a random not very well thought out comment. What I find funny is Dhruv told Ayesha under no circumstances can he upset his family and marry her, as family is his priority. Basically, I won't marry you because I know cousin loves you and it will create discord in the home. However; ever since Tara has come all she has done (again I have not watched all the episodes so things may have changed) is create discord and Dhruv is full on supporting her. The marriage bit is for necessity so minus that part, he was very supportive even before that.

Mum has been upset and he overrode her decision, and I can see why Ayesha is wondering what is going on from her end too. Poor girl, ruined her life. I mean she is not able to love her husband the one she does love is really not interested. 

So forgetting the meaning of "I love you" was a blooper basically lol.

King is useless, I actually like the general at least he thinks and plots well, stupid king cant think well, let alone plotting. 

I think what I like the most is the fact there is no toxic ML who forces, shouts, manhandles, gets angry for no reason on the FL. Dhruv is ordinary and it is fine because most men are and I like seeing that in the series. Tara may soon find him special and that is what love is all about, to see the special in the one you are with, and not the oh so handsome I may faint scenario. 

BTW the cousins sweet and sour, are they their real names? I know in India some use that as pet names but I am not sure if that is the case here or not. 

Dhruv is certainly ordinary but I believe that is what makes him extraordinary - at least in ITV if you know what I mean. I think I have said this earlier in EDT that there is nothing too extraordinary about DT as a show. Nothing that I haven't seen before but they certainly make things seem quite real and aesthetic ( referring to the whole 17th century track ).

The less said about the king, the better because there is not a single nice thing that I can say when it comes to him.

I'm not sure if I feel bad for Ayesha though. She ruined Jay's life for her own selfish reason. Jay is no saint either but I am not sure if he deserves what Ayesha did to him. Just how Ayesha didn't deserve that lame promise which Dhruv made to her which ended up becoming the very reason for the destruction that Ayesha has brought upon herself and will probably bring on DT in future when they get back to the 21st century but then again, regardless of that promise ( which sucks, I admit ), where is your sanity? Ayesha should have thought before doing what she did. It was so not worth it.

About Khatti Meethi.... I have absolutely no idea if they are their real names or not. I started watching from kya tum humare liye NavrangVan dhoond doge episode and haven't caught up on the previous episodes yet. I have watched just the significant scenes apart from the DT scenes if we are talking about the old episodes. 

PS: Oh so handsome, I may faint bit though. πŸ€£ πŸ€£

vibha28 thumbnail

Originally posted by: IAdoreYou

Dhruv is certainly ordinary but I believe that is what makes him extraordinary - at least in ITV if you know what I mean. I think I have said this earlier in EDT that there is nothing too extraordinary about DT as a show. Nothing that I haven't seen before but they certainly make things seem quite real and aesthetic ( referring to the whole 17th century track ).

The less said about the king, the better because there is not a single nice thing that I can say when it comes to him.

I'm not sure if I feel bad for Ayesha though. She ruined Jay's life for her own selfish reason. Jay is no saint either but I am not sure if he deserves what Ayesha did to him. Just how Ayesha didn't deserve that lame promise which Dhruv made to her which ended up becoming the very reason for the destruction that Ayesha has brought upon herself and will probably bring on DT in future when they get back to the 21st century but then again, regardless of that promise ( which sucks, I admit ), where is your sanity? Ayesha should have thought before doing what she did. It was so not worth it.

About Khatti Meethi.... I have absolutely no idea if they are their real names or not. I started watching from kya tum humare liye NavrangVan dhoond doge episode and haven't caught up on the previous episodes yet. I have watched just the significant scenes apart from the DT scenes if we are talking about the old episodes. 

PS: Oh so handsome, I may faint bit though. πŸ€£ πŸ€£

I would absolutely agree with you that Dhruv being ordinary is what makes him extraordinary, at least in ITV. I hate watching the psychotic ML who throws hissy fits and then gets jealous because the FL doesn’t like that but somehow still falls for that. I never bought that tripe so couldn’t connect much with ML. In that case I found PTV ML according to their society is normal. To watch Dhruv being normal is fun  and like you I like that even though there is nothing too special about the show as such.

Ayesha is stupid because by marrying the brother any chance she may have had is gone. I don’t think Dhruv ever loved her and I think the dialogue was weird. She ruined her life and jays too but I think he said he knew or thought she may like Dhruv. Also, to watch a random girl who no one knows is being supported like this by Dhruv must be an agony to watch. My suggestion for her would be to divorce the hubby and move pn. Dhruv from what I watched (I am not all caught up on the episodes either) loves Tara and he seems to be romantic too. I don’t know if they ever showed how he was with Ayesha. Plus as a married woman her heart Is elsewhere which means she isn’t loyal to her husband.

I am looking forward to them coming to 21st century if they have left and from the bits I saw looks like she is back at her home. I hope they keep it light and not the crazy toxicity we see usually. 

So the cousins real name is mystery. I find them both ditzy but I guess they are there for fun quotients?