part7: pg 73 part 8: pg82 part9: pg 89 part 10:pg94
part11: pg 100 part 12: pg 108 part 13:pg 115
part 14: pg 121 part 15: pg 127 part 16:pg 135
part 17: pg 143

part 18 onwards:
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=924693&TPN=1 &#15826886

PREVIEW

TO ERR IS HUMAN

Hi everyone. I am posting the preview to my new story titled: TO ERR IS HUMAN.

This is a story about 6 main characters who start their journey at the 'SANJEEVANI MEDICAL INSTITUTE' as medical interns in Mumbai. This story features two popular couples: Angad-Kripa and Armaan Riddhima from KYPH and DMG respectively. Here is a wonderful VM made by our very own Muniza to introduce the two couples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6E8ET3PXrc

CHARACTERS:

Dr Shashank Gupta:

He is the Chief Medical Officer of the prestigious Sanjeevani Medical Institute (SMI). He is a well respected, honest, righteous man whose life revolves around his hospital and his patients. He is married to Padma Gupta who was a nurse at the medical Institute but now a stay at home dedicated wife and mother.

Riddhima Gupta:

http://i1.tinypic.com/815r13c.jpg

The only daughter of Dr Shashank Gupta, is a very ambitious 22 year old. She is in awe of her renowned Physican-father and her goal in life is achieve success like no woman graduating from the SMI has ever attained.

Armaan Mallik:

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/1469/armaaninredka3.jpg

Son of a rich and famous surgeon, Dr Abhimanyu Mallik, Armaan's goal in life is 'to have fun….masti…..and panga' He has never been serious about anything in life. The only reason he is at the SMI is to carry on the tradition of the famous Mallik family where 4 generations of famous physicians and surgeons have graduated from. Being the only son, he had no choice but to join the SMI. He is an optimist but not really that ambitious. If it were not for his dad, he would have been a sportsman, movie star or a race car driver rather than adorn the dull scrubs and boring white coat!

Rahul Arora:

Rahul Arora has just graduated from a Medical School in Delhi with high honors. He is very bright, extremely ambitious and very competitive. He hails from a modest background but wants to be a top notch researcher and scientist in the medical community.

Angad Khanna:

An orphan by destiny, but a 'go-getter' and ruthless in his pursuit of happiness, which has eluded him all his life. His parents died at a young age and he was brought up by a distant aunt, Naina Khanna. Having lived a love-less and a penny-less life has made him very cynical in life. He has always dreamt of being the richest and most powerful man in the city. He wants to be a part of the elitist society of Mumbai, and being a good student has chosen the medical field as his chosen path.

Kripa Sharma:

A petite, demure and beautiful 22 year old from a small town in Rajasthan called Ajmer. She is here at the SMI to learn the state of the art techniques in medicine so she could help the poor and needy in her hometown. She is an idealist and sees the world as 'black and white' with no room for grey shades in it. The tragic death of her little sister in childhood due to lack of proper medical care has inspired her to become a dedicated and compassionate doctor. She despises doctors who are selfish or deny care to the needy due to lack of money.

Prithvi Bose:

Prithvi Bose from Calcutta is another idealist at the SMI. He is soft spoken, shy and a man of few words. He is a pleaser, a risk-averse person and hates controversies. He has always taken the path of least resistance in his life and avoids confrontation of any kind with anyone. He is in Mumbai as his parent's wanted him to get exposure to the real world instead of spending all his life in the comfort of his home and hometown. He misses home dearly but is willing to give SMI a shot just to please his parents.

Well, let's see how their paths cross at the SMI and how they change after being at the Institute and then into the real world.

Are they able to achieve their goals?

Do they find true love at this new place?

Does life always give us what we want?

How good are we at judging people? Are they always what they appear to be?

As humans are we allowed to make mistakes in life…..and what about doctors? Can we always forgive other's mistakes? Is life all about 'forgive and forget' or 'vengeance and unforgiveness' are equally important for existence?

When does forbearance cease to become a virtue and when does it become a weakness?

Let's see if I can answer these questions with this story.

Thanks for all your PMs and patience with me over the last month or so. I hope to write this story regularly as I have in the past, but if for some personal reason, I am not able to, I am sure you would understand. Thanks to all the people who have inspired and encouraged me to continue writing. I dedicate this one to all of you.

part 1:pg 11 part2:pg 21 part3:pg31 part 4A:pg 40
part 4B:pg 48
Edited by bheegi - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sweetmagic4u thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
First let me dance!πŸ₯³ Welcome back! πŸ€— Aapka swagwat hei!πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

"She is an idealist and sees the world as 'black and white' with no room for grey shades in it."

Loved the way you described this!

"As humans are we allowed to make mistakes in life…..and what about doctors? Can we always forgive other's mistakes? Is life all about 'forgive and forget' or 'vengeance and unforgiveness' are equally important for existence?"

Very philosophical! Now I am pondering this question, I knew about medical malpractrice, law suits and such but never thought of it from an emotional, sensitive standpoint.

"When does forbearance cease to become a virtue and when does it become a weakness?"

Wah, what wording!πŸ‘

*exits* still dancing!
πŸ₯³πŸ˜† Edited by sweetmagic4u - 16 years ago
masin thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
aweesomee!!!!!! im the first one to check it out!!!!!!!!! i am soooo sticking to it!!!! thnx fr writing a new one!!!!
kdrs thumbnail
At last, You're writing the FF. I've kept reading the ending of Tera Mera Rishta over and over again. Continue fast. Pm me when you update.
sweetmagic4u thumbnail
whoops, itni excited thi khe galti se double post kardiya!πŸ˜†
Edited by sweetmagic4u - 16 years ago
BABY-GIRL7 thumbnail
yay..ur back..been waiting 4 u ...loved the concept....please start πŸ˜ƒ Edited by BABY-GIRL7 - 16 years ago
sweet_mittal thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
hey di welcome back i read the preview and its awesome can't wait till u continue

how is ur daughter di is her surgery done hope she is ok and perfectly fine

i misssssssssssssss u sooooooooooooooo much di

love ya di

ur reader mittal
krina_17 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Welcome Back again..... frm past few days i was tired in india-forums. but once again i got brighten up and now again started to read and to get addicted to ur FF............
congrats and nice.... b4 u start new part lets celebrate Bheegi's New FF-to err is human with Dhoom n masti...
lets party yaar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! πŸ₯³

Cheers,
krina Edited by krina_17 - 16 years ago
yay !   [\:D/] ur back! [=D>] love the concept! [=D>] please post part 1 soon! [:$]

[L] Sanya
iiQBAL-NEHA.xO thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Yayyyy.. yurr backkkk πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ wid a Dhamaka πŸ˜‰

Awesomeee introo.. love the characterss.. Cont soon and imm relllii happpyy coz yur backk 😳 πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ

Madiha<3